Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

ApplesandOranges posted:

What crazy banners are in December? I don't have anything that's going to really perk my interest til the eventual IX banner because hey, game favouritism.

According to the leaks we'll see:

A banner with: Duke, Mystea(Mistair), Shaly, Ryunan. Of these Mystair is a "must get" unit for his ability to Cover All from Magic attacks. TMR wise Shaly has a medicore accessory, but Ryunan has a 120 ATK Ice Lance that's pretty good. Duke is a Dragoon, who does have a chain attack that imperils Ice for 50% but he can't chain with anyone but himself; so not worth rolling for unless he's got some GE buffs. For whatever reason there was another base 4* on the banner named Orif who was not on the leaks; they had a TMR which was a robe with +55 SPR and 10% HP; pretty solid.

A banner with: Cloud, Elfreeda, William, Conrad. William has a good TMR for MAG+Rod users. Conrad has a high ATK 2h greatsword with an increased damage variance; doesn't seem, great. Possibly worth rolling on if you really love your 2h finishers.

A Christmas banner featuring some new exclusive characters one of which is a Luka. If these units are limited time units, which they should be, this is probably where you'll want to spend some tickets.

There is speculation that we could possibly see the return of the previous Christmas banner featuring White Knight Noel, similar to how we saw the previous exclusives on the Halloween banner return. I wouldn't recommend rolling on it unless White Knight Noel gets some ridiculously good enhancements; base 5s aren't worth chasing for their TMR and WKN is only really beating out Snow as a provoke tank at this point. He'll still be a better provoke tank than WoL after WoL gets his enhancements but that's really debatable because WoL has so many other things going for him.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Nov 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!

ApplesandOranges posted:

What crazy banners are in December? I don't have anything that's going to really perk my interest til the eventual IX banner because hey, game favouritism.

The thing to be really excited about is the new Christmas banner. More often than not, limited time banners will include one or two really desirable units, typically 4*, that you will want to try to grab either for their uniquely potent abilities (iNichol) or TMR (PJake). At the very least, you should be saving all non-Gatcha EX/10+1 tickets for Christmas for the chance to grab some time-limited units while they're in the summon pool.

Apart from that, Cloud/Elfreeda will basically make DH units very good if you can pull them for their TMRs. I know the rule is "don't chase 5*s for their TMRs", but when the TMRs in question are twice as good as the current BiS TMRs, it's tough to stay on the right path. They're also both very solid units on their own.

Noctis being un-nerfed kind of throws a wrench into all of that though. He's going to be very good soon, and his TMR is already pretty absurd. If you're just starting out and rerolling for units, you'll definitely be happy to pull him.

Office Thug fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Nov 21, 2017

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Candlelight Virgil posted:

How do I get a second one of these 8-limbed lions so that I can take him to 7*?

e: I don't even remember how I got the first one...was it just in our mail?

Keelon (or w/e his non-NES name is) is a raid gacha unit.

e: Jesus, his TMR is a 120atk 15% hp claw. :eyepop:

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Nov 21, 2017

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

I thought I saw on reddit that in the leaks were also 3 themed (healer/support, magic/tank, physical attacker) guaranteed 5* banners, like the anniversary 10+1 one. So you need to have 15k lapis ready for those, on top of cloud and holiday banners...

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/7e2efb/reminder_3_5_rates_upcoming_guaranteed_5_banners/

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

Evil Fluffy posted:

Keelon (or w/e his non-NES name is) is a raid gacha unit.

Someone on reddit said his name was marquis de leon.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

ZarathustraFollower posted:

I thought I saw on reddit that in the leaks were also 3 themed (healer/support, magic/tank, physical attacker) guaranteed 5* banners, like the anniversary 10+1 one. So you need to have 15k lapis ready for those, on top of cloud and holiday banners...

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/7e2efb/reminder_3_5_rates_upcoming_guaranteed_5_banners/

What the 5* banner thing is going to be is speculation based mostly on what happened in JP. There wasn't any specific indication of what they're going to do. It's kind of lovely timing if that's the case, too, because we lose 3 of the best units on the atk banner (CG Lasswell, Beatrix and Balthier) and Eiko from the support/healing banner. The support banner is pretty stacked still, though. And the mage/tank is mostly unchanged.

Ugato fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Nov 21, 2017

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Decided to give the DQMSL event a try.

Damage: 17082029 just now against the ELT raidboss (it has 4 million hp). :black101:

CG Reagan/CG Reagan/CG Lid/CG Sakura/Prishe (did nothing) and a friend CG Reagan. Lid for def break, sakura for atk buff, and the Reagans for their fire/ice DR chain (all 3 using a fire weapon).

(this JP account is also part of why my interest is waning. I know I won't get any of these units on global and even in the age of 7* units, CGs are monsters (and I also have Lila)).

e: My Reagans are only 572 and 871atk, the friend was around 1170atk.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Nov 21, 2017

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Evil Fluffy posted:

Decided to give the DQMSL event a try.

Damage: 17082029 just now against the ELT raidboss (it has 4 million hp). :black101:

CG Reagan/CG Reagan/CG Lid/CG Sakura/Prishe (did nothing) and a friend CG Reagan. Lid for def break, sakura for atk buff, and the Reagans for their fire/ice DR chain (all 3 using a fire weapon).

(this JP account is also part of why my interest is waning. I know I won't get any of these units on global and even in the age of 7* units, CGs are monsters (and I also have Lila)).

e: My Reagans are only 572 and 871atk, the friend was around 1170atk.

About that

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Ugato posted:

About that

At first, I was like "drat 27M is a lot of damage!" Then I looked more closely at the number :eyepop:

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

What exactly are the numbers on Noctis' unnerfed stuff?

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

Opinions wanted, which is better for Raw damage.
3x Orlandu
or
2x 2B

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Garth_Marenghi posted:

Opinions wanted, which is better for Raw damage.
3x Orlandu
or
2x 2B

How well can you gear them? Are we assuming that one of each of these groups is a friend unit?

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
Late to the party, but...

The Thanksgiving banner should be Noct and Gladio, with a chaser of Cor and Iris.

Cloud banner is a must pull if you have Barb. William is our third Tornado user, and 6* capable, which allows for the construction of a strong Wizard of Oz party.

Elfreeda banner is a must pull for Mystair, best magic tank for a long time.

Roy banner has... Roy, buffer extraordinaire. After which we'll get Ramza buffs, but Roy!

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

PaybackJack posted:

How well can you gear them? Are we assuming that one of each of these groups is a friend unit?

These are just what I have
I'm, working on equipping.
So far have things like Dual Weild, Excaliber, Virtuous Contract, Hoemaru, Demon Mail, Maximilian, Monster Breastplate, Black Cowl, Katana Mastery, Brotherhood, Dark Knight's Soul, Champion's Belt (but no good fists), etc...

Garth_Marenghi fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Nov 21, 2017

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Garth_Marenghi posted:

These are just what I have
I'm, working on equipping.
So far have things like Dual Weild, Excaliber, Virtuous Contract, Hoemaru, Demon Mail, Maximilian, Monster Breastplate, Black Cowl, Katana Mastery, Brotherhood, Dark Knight's Soul, Champion's Belt (but no good fists), etc...

I think the 2Bs are going to be easier to chain given their slighly better frames on Speed and they'll be much easier to gear since you don't need any sources of DW.

It's important to remember that a lot of damage comes from a finisher and capping that chain. If you can't reliably chain Orlandeau and need to use a 3rd on to bridge that gap you will do less damage than 2Bs that you can chain and cap with a finisher. Orlandeau is also a bit of a 1 trick pony in that his damage is heavily reduced if the boss has light immunity, while 2B has a huge weapon selection and with two of them you can elemental chain across a ton of different elements.

Since you mention not having a good fist, I'd definitely gear the 2Bs and go to town on The Robot.

edit: Half joking option of chaining with 2 Orlandeaus and finishing with 2B's self destruct move w/ reraise or full raise.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Nov 21, 2017

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
I am having fun running this party for the raid event right now

Grim Lord Sakura (95mag)
Soleil
Agrias (stock) + sun barrette & materia
Agrias (enhanced) + demon mouthpiece & materia
Orlandu (883 w/Diabolos)
Friend Orlandu (any)

Soleil sets up an atk Dance

Then I get these all set up:
Grim Barrage x2
Divine Ruination x4

I then hit auto and often see 67chain and 46 chain.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

I just started using the FFBE-Chain macro generator and I'm pretty astounded that this is considered legit

I can reliably do some solid chains and have fought every boss manually this whole time but A2 is a little tricky and being slightly off usually means two chains instead of one long one for me. Macro has no such limitations, I guess this is how I'll do bosses now.

This is the easiest raid for me so far. Well, the anniversary Mog King raid didn't fight back for the first five difficulties so I guess that's as easy as it gets, but this boss puts up no kinda fight. I prefer raids like this tbh since it's just a total grindfest, might as well make it 1-turn KOable and make me feel like my party is strong

Agreed fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Nov 21, 2017

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

hagie posted:

I am having fun running this party for the raid event right now

Grim Lord Sakura (95mag)
Soleil
Agrias (stock) + sun barrette & materia
Agrias (enhanced) + demon mouthpiece & materia
Orlandu (883 w/Diabolos)
Friend Orlandu (any)

Soleil sets up an atk Dance

Then I get these all set up:
Grim Barrage x2
Divine Ruination x4

I then hit auto and often see 67chain and 46 chain.

It's really nice that the past few events have had bosses that are susceptible to the OrlanDV squad. I'm using two DVs with Enhanced Ace and Enhanced Soleil, plus my main man OK who just shits out holy damage, and they've been having a ball just 1TKO'ing this raid boss on Repeat.

Also I updated my Onion Knight to have all my Demon Killers instead of just raw ATK. He's quite something now against this raid boss, sporting 998 ATK with 200% demon killer modifier. I have plenty of room on my friend list if anyone wants to grab him: 209,464,963

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT
Does anyone else's Nox macro keeping going back to Enter Town of Sian for some reason? Every time I come back to my PC the macro isn't running and somehow it got backed up all the way to a different story mission.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

RE: Raid Teams

Mine is Orlandeau, Agrias, Agrias, Soleil, Knight Delita and a friend Orlandeau.

beergod posted:

Does anyone else's Nox macro keeping going back to Enter Town of Sian for some reason? Every time I come back to my PC the macro isn't running and somehow it got backed up all the way to a different story mission.

For me it's either Downtown Zoldaad (slightly annoying) or one of the Fina's Memory Battles(extremely annoying).

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Nov 21, 2017

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Raid team is Ace, Soleil, Agrias (all enhanced) and Landu with 200% demon killer. It's a otko at about 5 million damage on average.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I also enjoy the raid because I have plenty of solid 5* bases and it's cheese. I even take a sub-optimal team sometimes just to try things. My one round team is: Ace Tri-beam imperils, Wilhelm ATK buffs, 9S Def breaks, TGC + Friend TGC chain and Olive caps. Are there no King Pot rewards?

Idiotically pleased to be able to get Sporty Spice's materia so I can equip the Apollo Harp on poo poo units for King Mog events.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

No king pots, since the raid is only a week Gumi scaled the rewards by chopping the top end off.

(team is 2B, T.Terra, Agrias, Reberta, Soleil, and whatever high ATK friend I find. I just spam their chain move and hit auto->repeat)

e: I'm halfway through the top pots and only have Sporty's TMR at 35%. More moogles of that please, fewer feather boas and equip s swords

Scrublord Prime fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Nov 21, 2017

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007
Onion Knight + Onionfriend + enhanced Firion decked out with killers has been fun. not often i get the chance to use a finisher so it’s been fun trying to get the timing just right.

i’d experiment with Fire Veritas but i haven’t bothered grinding out the Dice yet so, meh.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

Cartoon Man posted:

https://imgur.com/a/uiZV8

The hill digger will get subbed for another patriotic recall once I farm it. I tried fitting a mechanical heart in there but for whatever reason he would die on turn one more often if left unbuffed.

Thanks v. much. My next TM farming cycle includes Jake's ring, Talisman, and two more P.Recalls so I might actually give the robot a shot once those are up.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

beergod posted:

This is what happens when a macro is running when the game crashes outside of combat. It ends up going somewhere pretty random. I use memu and the macro I use has this happen about once a month. I think memu is a lot more stable than no right now.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
I just started picking this game up this week and now I'm soloing this advanced spirit with a lvl. 80 Ariana Grande.

Gaming in 2017 is weird but cool

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

This is my raid team. They're all on holy weapons for maximum chaining fun. Soliel sings atk song, everyone else uses their chaining attack. Randi and Gilgamesh are both using Pods to chain better, and I pick either another holy OK or TGCid as a friend. I usually get one round kills by jamming on repeat, and the boss doesn't do damage, so the rare times that a second turn is required aren't dangerous.

Axel Serenity posted:

I just started picking this game up this week and now I'm soloing this advanced spirit with a lvl. 80 Ariana Grande.

Gaming in 2017 is weird but cool

Send our friend requests to goons in the spreadsheet, and post your friend code here. Goon friends will be able to carry you through PRO or ELT levels of most events.

Speaking of friends, I have more room for goons, if anyone is needing a beastly Onion Knight. (Switched to Diablo to Demon killer)

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Geez, you guys run crazy overkill raid teams. I run my Orlandeau + friend Orlandeau and bring a bunch of scrubs to soak up XP and TMR%.

dangerous.hotdog fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Nov 22, 2017

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Geez, you guys run crazy overkill raid teams. I run my Orlandeau + friend Orlandeau and bring a bunch of scrubs to soak up XP and TMR%.

The less time I have to spent doing the raid the better. This type of repetitive content is the worst when I have to actually pay attention and not just mash the repeat button. This raid is a win for me because overkill means the battle never takes a second round, and with 4 'Landu I'm pretty guaranteed that at least a couple of them will chain together correctly allowing Delita to finish.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
But I have been OTKOing him with just 2x TGCs. Seems like a lot of XP and TMR% left on the table.

edit- I'll occasionally not OTKO when the friend TGC isn't running Demon Killers but the boss is left at like single digit % and a repeat finishes it off.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

are they unnerfing ring of the lucii when they enhance noctis?

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

rabidsquid posted:

Yes. The announcement is in the game. It says so.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

rabidsquid posted:

Yeah, +30% ATK & MAG and Alterna costs 80 MP now instead of 99.

e: posting at the speed of nerfed Noctis' LB gain

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

I was skeptical that I could 1TKO the raid boss with just two characters, but when I geared my A2 for 150% Demon Killer and got a friend A2 also with 150%, even a lovely chain from OHC got her to 10% in one turn and if I timed it better that would have been an instant KO. Orlandu is especially well positioned to 1HKO this boss since his chain imperils the only element she isn't resistant to - if A2's OHC had that -50% imperil that'd be an EZ-mode 1HKO, no good chain needed.

If nothing else I'm about to get rid of two dmg dealers and Zarg for his buffs, and just keep my Agrias+2 in there to flesh out the chain and add her imperil. Get a little exp for a few units that can use it, I guess.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Lol, I just failed 2 expeditions at 99% and 97% respectively. Thanks, Gumi.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

PaybackJack posted:

Lol, I just failed 2 expeditions at 99% and 97% respectively. Thanks, Gumi.

i wont run an expedition thats sub 100% unless i dont care if i fail. i will run S rank missions at 80%+ if they give the 1% moogle i guess but i dont trust the percentages.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
I rarely do anything above a B.

If I can't do it 100% it doesn't get done.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

a lot of the a rank missions are pretty easy to 100%, anything that requires an axe, fist weapons, white magic or black magic. i need to 6* some more refias and lukas if i want to run two white magic a rank missions at a time though, and that also usually depletes my stock of instrument users. the instrument missions are great because its like, ramza primm gilgamesh ariana and ramza.

i dont know if its just my particular roster luck but i dont think i can run a single one of the green mage required a rank missions at 100% at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

I just finished up the 40% relic like a week and a half ago because I gamble a lot on expeditions, while I know a lot of people got theirs back in October. I've gotten better though, I generally don't do anything less than a 90% but it's still funny when you get back to back rolls like that where you fail with the slimmest margin of error.

• Locked thread