Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017
I know which show I'm talking about when I used a word like "Consistency" but people have gotten zombie blood in their mouths like a million times in this show with no problem. So of course Gabriel is sick from it now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
maybe gabriel is sick from something else

maybe he's sick... from guilt :smug:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Gabriel opening the door and giving Negan the gun was so dumb

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
yo Gabe did you stop to think for one fuckin' second that maybe your purpose was to shoot Negan in the face

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Lol yeah poo poo was going to die from the inside until whistle fucker came back

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Jesus meets up with Gabriel. "Hey man. I just wanna let you know, God heard your prayer. He gave you a purpose. And you completely hosed it up. So he gave you zombie AIDS."

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

moist turtleneck posted:

Gabriel opening the door and giving Negan the gun was so dumb

Worth it for Negan punching him in the face then giving the gun back.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

precision posted:

yo Gabe did you stop to think for one fuckin' second that maybe your purpose was to shoot Negan in the face

"People are gonna start dying in there!" and then the end of the episode acts like "See? Negan keeps this place together!"

But stop for a second. Who was in danger of dying? Oh, that's right, Negan's top brass. A few workers, but mostly the command. Literally without Negan there would be a workers revolt that would immediately topple the place. Why is this a bad thing again!?

Also this episode single handedly undid that bullshit they've been pushing for like three seasons now: "We're all Negan! You can't kill him because they'll replace him!" with "Yeah no, if Negan dies they all gently caress up and get killed in 2 minutes and vast majority of people there sure as gently caress do not seem like Negan."

VictorianQueerLit posted:

I know which show I'm talking about when I used a word like "Consistency" but people have gotten zombie blood in their mouths like a million times in this show with no problem. So of course Gabriel is sick from it now.

Maybe Gimple just wants to kill Nick on Fear the Walking Dead because he walks around covered in the stuff like half the series

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

And the awesome images loving continue, Jesus. This thread is a goldmine in a desert of poo poo.

The fact they explode for no reason at the end of the 2nd one is the best.

precision posted:

lmao that episode was fuckin' ridiculous, this show man, this show :shepicide:

Negan offering to write Eugene off. TAKE THE DEAL, EUGENE

We stopped watching after Gabriel was taken to the cell; was all this stuff in an after-credits sequence or did we miss the last 2 minutes of the episode or something?

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Nov 22, 2017

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

VictorianQueerLit posted:

I'd laugh if someone just got the flu at the wrong time on Walking Dead and everyone preps to shoot them for being a Walker

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
I think anytime Daryl and Rick are together, I can overlook stupid poo poo. At least funny stuff happens.

"Son of a bitch is on the roof!"

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Blazing Ownager posted:

Also this episode single handedly undid that bullshit they've been pushing for like three seasons now: "We're all Negan! You can't kill him because they'll replace him!" with "Yeah no, if Negan dies they all gently caress up and get killed in 2 minutes and vast majority of people there sure as gently caress do not seem like Negan."

Eh, to be fair, I don't think it "undid" it quite so much as it highlighted that as much as they all say and even believe in this whole "I am Negan" "We are all Negan" thing, in reality they're just like any other group of people that are vulnerable to infighting and schisming when placed under pressure.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Blazing Ownager posted:

I'd laugh if someone just got the flu at the wrong time on Walking Dead and everyone preps to shoot them for being a Walker

Think they did that in season 3 when some prison goon got sick, died and zombified

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I didn't need to add anything to this

https://i.imgur.com/7npDt6u.gifv

now we can dissect

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Blazing Ownager posted:

We stopped watching after Gabriel was taken to the cell; was all this stuff in an after-credits sequence or did we miss the last 2 minutes of the episode or something?

Negan told Eugene to fix his problem and if he couldn't that he'd kill him quickly and painlessly. "Either way, I got your back" he said or something.

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Blazing Ownager posted:

I thought the same, but it seems like some pirating ne'er-do-wells cut off the last five minutes of the episode to make it seem good.

The last bit goes something like:
Rick sees a helicopter and makes a face
Gabriel gets sick from zombie guts
Evidence that maybe the Saviours shouldn't have put Eugene straight into there inner circle
The trash people are back

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
nvm

warcrimes fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Nov 23, 2017

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

I still don't understand why they go all out with the guts on this show when all the way back in season 3, Michonne showed up at the prison fence with not much more splatter than the characters in FTWD use, blending in with the walkers just fine (and this was after she disposed of her walker-pets). Then in season 6, I'm pretty sure that's how it was implied that Glenn survived under the dumpster. In the flashback it showed him stabbing at walkers that tried to reach under the dumpster until he had enough blood on him for them to lose interest (that's how I interpreted it).

It just makes the characters seem dumb.

Even in the TellTale games Clementine figures out you don't actually need to make accessories out of their entrails and starts just putting a little bit of blood on her face and clothes in S2 and S3.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Tortuga posted:

Evidence that maybe the Saviours shouldn't have put Eugene straight into there inner circle

Did they decide to cram an entire episode into the last 5 minutes? Jesus.

I really hope someone makes fun of the way they talk before killing them.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Acacia REI posted:

Even in the TellTale games Clementine figures out you don't actually need to make accessories out of their entrails and starts just putting a little bit of blood on her face and clothes in S2 and S3.

The actor that plays Nick on Fear started doing this when he realized none of the other actors were putting the effort in so why give a gently caress

moist turtleneck posted:

I didn't need to add anything to this

https://i.imgur.com/7npDt6u.gifv

now we can dissect

I don't think you can argue Rick did anything other than intentionally blow extremely, extremely valuable guns for no loving reason.

Is this like 0/3 for a Rick+Daryl supply run? Is it now a thing that every single time they go for supplies they lose them at the end?

ED: It may be nitpicking but it still bugs me they just sat there and watched it burn. It was FULL OF BOMBS AND BULLETS. In reality it'd been more like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z91biwGqtLY but.. worse.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Nov 23, 2017

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Tortuga posted:

I thought the same, but it seems like some pirating ne'er-do-wells cut off the last five minutes of the episode to make it seem good.

Lol wow, yeah none of that was in my :filez:

Can't wait for another riveting episode this Sunday of blabbering, nonsensical explosions and more blabbering

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Acacia REI posted:

I still don't understand why they go all out with the guts on this show when all the way back in season 3, Michonne showed up at the prison fence with not much more splatter than the characters in FTWD use, blending in with the walkers just fine (and this was after she disposed of her walker-pets). Then in season 6, I'm pretty sure that's how it was implied that Glenn survived under the dumpster. In the flashback it showed him stabbing at walkers that tried to reach under the dumpster until he had enough blood on him for them to lose interest (that's how I interpreted it).

It just makes the characters seem dumb.

When taking a last ditch chance of escaping from walkers that are already aware of your presence and actively searching for you do you really want to be the guy who tries to see just how little camouflage will work?

viral spiral
Sep 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
So I'm assuming whoever was flying that helicopter is going to be the show's next villains once Negan is dead, right?

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

Blazing Ownager posted:

The actor that plays Nick on Fear started doing this when he realized none of the other actors were putting the effort in so why give a gently caress

Aaahahaha yeah I'm pretty sure that was Danay Garcia, she talked about it on TTD or something like that. Then I read an interview with Frank Dillane saying that he showed up to set one day drenched in that poo poo, saw Danay and the two extras with barely any on them and felt silly so he started wearing less too.

Senor Tron posted:

When taking a last ditch chance of escaping from walkers that are already aware of your presence and actively searching for you do you really want to be the guy who tries to see just how little camouflage will work?

Yeah if I've already seen it done, like Rick has when he saw Michonne at the prison fence.
Also if I was in a zombie apocalypse, found out their scent was a camouflage, best believe I would have captured one of those fuckers, put it on a chain, and then started figuring out how much it actually took to work. Honestly this is something I was complaining about long before FTWD. I almost wish they hadn't introduced zombie-camo in the first place.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Marmaduke! posted:

Think they did that in season 3 when some prison goon got sick, died and zombified

It was that Harry Potter guy in season 4 who went to take a shower and it was just too much for him.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

viral spiral posted:

So I'm assuming whoever was flying that helicopter is going to be the show's next villains once Negan is dead, right?

Maybe, but I know the trash people had a helipad for some reason

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

My prediction: we won't find out who was flying the helicopter this season, and/or when we do it will be lame and inconsequential ie it's not a massively armed military or govt remmnant--it's just 2 old Air National Guard guys with a chopper or:

moist turtleneck posted:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

moist turtleneck posted:

Wait

What

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
http://i.imgur.com/G4x3Equ.gifv

that was the one part I didn't doctor (to the left[the skeleton dance pad])

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Astroman posted:

My prediction: we won't find out who was flying the helicopter this season, and/or when we do it will be lame and inconsequential ie it's not a massively armed military or govt remmnant--it's just 2 old Air National Guard guys with a chopper or:

Yeah it's gonna be some doomsday preppers who have a bunker and one (1) helicopter that they've modified to run on car gasoline or corn syrup or whatever. Also they're cannibals and rapists.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

slightly larger

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

precision posted:

Yeah it's gonna be some doomsday preppers who have a bunker and one (1) helicopter that they've modified to run on car gasoline or corn syrup or whatever. Also they're cannibals and rapists.

One of Rick's group will accidentally kill one of them and they will retaliate with acts of terror for 5 episodes. Then Rick's group will hit back and fail. Rick will try to negotiate and fail over 3 episodes. They will capture one of Rick's group. Then in the season finale a commando raid combined with an all out assault will rescue the captive and destroy the bunker. The helicopter gets blown up and 2 main characters die.

Boom, that's our next season folks!

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

I can just imagine someone saying exactly that during a writers' meeting.

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
I wonder what stupid word the trash people call the helicopter.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Next time on The Walking Dead:

Tortuga posted:

We go to the great up up on our sky spinner, land walker! It is quick fast.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

moist turtleneck posted:

slightly larger

drat yup, the trash continent will be our next season's backdrop

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012
nah they’re following the comic too closely now, the trash people will get wiped out by the saviors for going along with ricks dumb plans that never work

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

Tortuga posted:

"Up Up"

Theirs is a beautiful, unique and complicated language. It's all based on inflection.

"Up Up" is a higher vantage point, someplace above things.
"Up Up" is the helicopter
"Up Up" is going to a higher vantage point while in the helicopter

Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

_________===D ~ ~ _\____/

They say the trash people have over 100 words for couch stuffing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Remy Marathe posted:

They say the trash people have over 100 words for couch stuffing.

I swear to God I'll give this season a +1 rating if it provides a backstory episode to the trash people