Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

What the hell are "Territory Wars" going to be?

edit: Never mind, I could have just Googled. https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/142978/territory-wars-overview

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
They're going to be how we get wampas.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Nipponophile posted:

They're going to be how we get wampas.

and zetas.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Dangit, I just read the new release notes and they're fixing the thing where temporary protection becomes permanent between stages of GW.

Fulcrum was the only reason I could ever make it through the final node anymore.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
They're apparently making GW easier, so there's that!

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Nipponophile posted:

Dangit, I just read the new release notes and they're fixing the thing where temporary protection becomes permanent between stages of GW.

Fulcrum was the only reason I could ever make it through the final node anymore.

yeah but they're balancing GW at 85 to the squad power of someone who just hit 85, not whatever your 5 more powerful toons are. If you've got a decently geared/synergized squad, this poo poo's about to be loving auto-able.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
PTL praise the Lord

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Chilichimp posted:

yeah but they're balancing GW at 85 to the squad power of someone who just hit 85, not whatever your 5 more powerful toons are. If you've got a decently geared/synergized squad, this poo poo's about to be loving auto-able.

They cannot keep adding new content/features/CHORES without making previous ones easier, less important or faster to do. It is good that GW will be easier (is this official or just beta hearsay from testers?) since that means it will be faster to do.
Territory Wars looks like they could take a while, it looks like you need to do 15 battles per stage?

Hoping that GW will be auto-able, i am about to spend my first zeta on Finn but will hold off for a little while longer.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Chilichimp posted:

That's great once I hit 85, but right now at 79 I have to fight squads 6 levels above me with skills I don't have access to since some genius decided to make level 78 abilities require mats that you can't reliably get until 80.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Chilichimp posted:

Jesus finally. I hadn't beaten GW in two months.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

mdemone posted:

Jesus finally. I hadn't beaten GW in two months.

Friend, can I talk to you a moment about the joyous resistance and our savior ZFinn?

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

fishtobaskets posted:

Friend, can I talk to you a moment about the joyous resistance and our savior ZFinn?

^^^

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Ineptitude posted:

Hoping that GW will be auto-able, i am about to spend my first zeta on Finn but will hold off for a little while longer.

No. Stick it on him anyway. It's one of the best Z's in the game imo, and aside from the soon-to-be-easier GW, it's really good for guaranteeing at least one full clear every TB stage as well, which frees up your rebels/rogue1/whoever to do the special stages

e- in fact I wouldn't be at all surprised if Zfinn got a nerf at some point because it honestly feels a little bit like cheating sometimes.

Cactus fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Nov 22, 2017

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

Cactus posted:

No. Stick it on him anyway. It's one of the best Z's in the game imo, and aside from the soon-to-be-easier GW, it's really good for guaranteeing at least one full clear every TB stage as well, which frees up your rebels/rogue1/whoever to do the special stages

e- in fact I wouldn't be at all surprised if Zfinn got a nerf at some point because it honestly feels a little bit like cheating sometimes.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a nerf either, but at the moment most of the PVE parts of the game seem balanced against you having either zFinn or multiple maxed out G12 squads with sick mods. Since Resistance isn't broken in Arena, I don't think they're in any hurry to nerf him.

If you're wondering about zeta'ing Finn, it is the 100% best zeta in the game for all PVE content. There is no reason Finn should not be your next zeta as even a 5* G8/9 Resistance squad will do work in GW and TB.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Plus Chaze were brokenly OP for ages and they never got a nerf, not to my knowledge anyway. The only reason they're not as broken now is a lot of other folk came in/ got more powerful.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

SgtMongoose posted:

Wouldn't be surprised to see a nerf either, but at the moment most of the PVE parts of the game seem balanced against you having either zFinn or multiple maxed out G12 squads with sick mods. Since Resistance isn't broken in Arena, I don't think they're in any hurry to nerf him.

If you're wondering about zeta'ing Finn, it is the 100% best zeta in the game for all PVE content. There is no reason Finn should not be your next zeta as even a 5* G8/9 Resistance squad will do work in GW and TB.

I’ll be working on Resistance after I’ve gotten an Empire squad up to G8 or so. What’s the go-to squad, besides Finn and BB8? I heard RT was good.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

im cute posted:

I’ll be working on Resistance after I’ve gotten an Empire squad up to G8 or so. What’s the go-to squad, besides Finn and BB8? I heard RT was good.

Finn, Poe, RT (musts)
R2, Rey, RPilot (depends on situation)
BB8 (raid I think?)

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
The cookie cutter resistance team of zfinn, rt, rp, rey, poe is great and can do cool things. Add in R2 and you get some cool utility and cover some of their weaknesses. Add BB8 and they become literal hAAT winners and GW is the biggest joke.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I should have done this ages ago, but is there an open goon guild?

Also, Thrawn is coming up again, and I have him at 4*, but while I could get to the boss stage, I would always die as soon as the round started as the Death Troopers and Thrawn always went first, and did so much damage nothing on my team survived. I had good luck with Phoenix Squadron with Hera, Zeb, Ezra, Kanaan and Chopper so far, but my poo poo still gets wrecked.

Looking back at the talk about older stuff not being rebalanced, I cannot believe the the difficulty level jump between the 3rd last and 2nd last heist and training droid events. I can walk though 3rd tier, but 2nd last I'm lucky if fett is alone in the red when I'm done.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

fishtobaskets posted:

Do you like PvE? Do you want ALL PvE to be easier than it should be? Do you want to crush LS 9s, Neutral 8s, and GW without even trying? Well then, friend, let me get the keys to eternal salvation, a steal at just a mere 5^ resistance team and 20 or so Zeta mats

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Cactus posted:

Plus Chaze were brokenly OP for ages and they never got a nerf, not to my knowledge anyway. The only reason they're not as broken now is a lot of other folk came in/ got more powerful.

CG's style of 'nerf' seems to be just add more power creep. Which is loving insufferable to anyone who wants an interesting game experience, but I guess keeps the whaling good. I know I'm hardly one to talk having gone all-in on the new Nightsisters but...

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Warmachine posted:

CG's style of 'nerf' seems to be just add more power creep. Which is loving insufferable to anyone who wants an interesting game experience, but I guess keeps the whaling good. I know I'm hardly one to talk having gone all-in on the new Nightsisters but...

I'm also all in on Nightsisters but only so far as 5* MT and like, 3* Zombie can take me. I don't know whether to see them farmable anywhere any time soon, so eventually there will be a wall, I suppose.

Also thanks for the Resistance tips earler!

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

twistedmentat posted:

I should have done this ages ago, but is there an open goon guild?

Also, Thrawn is coming up again, and I have him at 4*, but while I could get to the boss stage, I would always die as soon as the round started as the Death Troopers and Thrawn always went first, and did so much damage nothing on my team survived. I had good luck with Phoenix Squadron with Hera, Zeb, Ezra, Kanaan and Chopper so far, but my poo poo still gets wrecked.

Looking back at the talk about older stuff not being rebalanced, I cannot believe the the difficulty level jump between the 3rd last and 2nd last heist and training droid events. I can walk though 3rd tier, but 2nd last I'm lucky if fett is alone in the red when I'm done.

Hey, get onto our Discord! The link is in our Google Doc

Follow that to find the url. We should be able to get you into Qui Goon Jin.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Thanks!

Will Zeta Finn then!

Rey, Poe, R2 are at 7*, and my FO squad is soon at 7* as well so hopefully BB8 comes around soon.

Only RPilot is low star but that will be remedied as soon as Phasma is 7*'d.

I also have saved 25k arena tokens and 10k Cantina credits so hopefully Veteran Han and Chewie comes to those stores, and i might be able to get "Jedi" Rey when that event arrives.

hngkong
Nov 19, 2003

Ineptitude posted:

Thanks!

Will Zeta Finn then!

Rey, Poe, R2 are at 7*, and my FO squad is soon at 7* as well so hopefully BB8 comes around soon.

I also have saved 25k arena tokens and 10k Cantina credits so hopefully Veteran Han and Chewie comes to those stores, and i might be able to get "Jedi" Rey when that event arrives.

Both vets are on Cantina Nodes. 8-G and 8-F I believe. Should take about 45 days of farming while doing three energy refreshes a day,

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

im cute posted:

I'm also all in on Nightsisters but only so far as 5* MT and like, 3* Zombie can take me. I don't know whether to see them farmable anywhere any time soon, so eventually there will be a wall, I suppose.

Also thanks for the Resistance tips earler!

Zombie shards in the future will only come from that lovely lil event where you blow up the alter.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

Ineptitude posted:

Thanks!

Will Zeta Finn then!

Don't forget you need RTrooper to help make it work.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
I have a lot of Zetas that I need to spend. For zFinn to work what gear levels do I need on my resistance people? All are 7* except BB-8. Also, do I need all omegas that up the expose chance?

Trying to get a feel for what kind of investment I need.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

UmOk posted:

I have a lot of Zetas that I need to spend. For zFinn to work what gear levels do I need on my resistance people? All are 7* except BB-8. Also, do I need all omegas that up the expose chance?

Depends on what you want to do with them. Most of the time G8 is enough for GW, but higher is of course better for Arena. Mods are more important than stars and gear. Make sure Poe is a speed demon, RT and Finn need Potency. Omega's are mandatory for maxing expose chance. Once you get zFinn you will see how it all works together and can modify from there.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Burning_Monk posted:

Depends on what you want to do with them. Most of the time G8 is enough for GW, but higher is of course better for Arena. Mods are more important than stars and gear. Make sure Poe is a speed demon, RT and Finn need Potency. Omega's are mandatory for maxing expose chance. Once you get zFinn you will see how it all works together and can modify from there.

I mostly need for GW since I haven't cleared node 9 since G12 became a thing. They are good for TB and one of the raids too right?

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

UmOk posted:

I mostly need for GW since I haven't cleared node 9 since G12 became a thing. They are good for TB and one of the raids too right?

Yes to both things, plus 3*ing LS9 hard nodes.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

UmOk posted:

Yep. All around good, expect on Arena defense. Also watch out for Tenacity Up guys (like Rex) they can block your Exposes and that sucks.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

UmOk posted:

gear 8 is fine for pretty much everything. The Zeta isn't gear dependent, more gear just makes it faster.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

UmOk posted:

edit: serves me for leaving this open, lol

For omegas, you want:

Finn: Takedown, Hold the Line. Prioritize Takedown.
Poe: You really want Resistance Bravado. More expose is great, but Buff Immunity will neuter a tank.
Trooper: Flush Out, Opportune Strike. Focus Flush Out; Opportune Strike is great but you won't be using it that often.
Pilot: Outmaneuver.
Rey: All optional.
R2: You want all of his omegas, but Smoke Screen and Electroshock Prod are more important. If you're thinking of dropping a zeta, get Number Crunch first.

The first one I'd get is Poe's Resistance Bravado. Applying 5 exposes is the dream scenario and is the ideal setup move. After that, focus the other +% expose chance ones (I'd say Takedown on Finn first), and then utility after that, and then finally straight damage buffs. For that reason, Rey should be the last person to whom you hand out omegas.

The whole thing runs on exposing and popping exposes, so you really want to be dropping exposes as soon as you can. Under perfect conditions, the opposing team is fully stunned (via Finn and R2) and won't get a turn.

Some other important things:

You want a bunch of speed on Poe so he goes first, and then ideally R2 goes second. I like to open with Poe -> Resistance Bravado, followed by R2 -> Smoke Screen, and then go from there. That setup will lower TM on the entire opposing team, hopefully apply buff immunity to their tank, and then everyone's stealthed so you can hit those counterattackers easily (e.g. if they use CLS lead or something).

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

MichiganCubbie posted:

Hey, get onto our Discord! The link is in our Google Doc

Follow that to find the url. We should be able to get you into Qui Goon Jin.

Done! Do I just apply though game or wait for an invite?

I should probably put my info in the spreadsheet too? Or is that done by someone else?

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Nov 22, 2017

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Burning_Monk posted:

Don't forget you need RTrooper to help make it work.

Yeah no idea why i didn't mention him, i got him at 7* as well.

EDIT:

Anniversary rewards include
20 zetas (!)
15 omegas
A full Carbanti and a full stun cuff

Ineptitude fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Nov 22, 2017

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Is it just me, or did they change GW without requiring a restart? I've been topping out at node 9 forever, and was at 6 when the client restart happened. I was able to blaze thru the rest with little issue.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Timers are reduced to 2 minutes on dailies? Nice!

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

So, that free Zeta was pretty cool, but I think we can all agree the three Chewie shards were the real prize.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Canemacar posted:

So, that free Zeta was pretty cool, but I think we can all agree the three Chewie shards were the real prize.

I love that they put those in there. It's exactly what I would have done.