Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
Yeah that's more of a concern for office workers with a cube near the shared MFP that's running constantly. A random home user with an entry-level Brother almost certainly isn't printing a meaningful amount.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE
My previous printer has to be near my desk because it was a dirt cheap entry level laser without network functionality, but my print volume ran at about a page a month anyways. :v:

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

AlternateAccount posted:

How do you spend whatever that keyboard costs and then have a lovely pack-in OEM mouse?

To be fair that keyboard isn’t a topre so it’s almost definitely a cheap POS too

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT posted:

To be fair that keyboard isn’t a topre so it’s almost definitely a cheap POS too

Thats a pok3r so;

$117 for the board
$ 50 for the miami set

Thats a pretty chuck of change.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT posted:

Yeah but Topre are just fancy rubber domes so...

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

CyberPingu posted:

Yeah but Topre are just fancy rubber domes so...

I will loving fite u

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Wasabi the J posted:

I will loving fite u

:iamafag:

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
[quote="“Weedle”" post="“478576380”"]
I like that model of mouse. I’ve used them for years.
[/quote]

Fair enough. PM me and I'll send you several.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I have too much poo poo encompassing my "battle station" desk, it's more of a command center now, and a rehaul is in order. I need wire management, better component integration, more shelf space, and probably more desk surface space.

edit: also need more light in the room, apparently

BabyRyoga fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Dec 26, 2017

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Zu Audios? Tannoys?

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Electric Bugaloo posted:

Zu Audios? Tannoys?

Zuuuuu Essence bookshelf

Some people hate em', but this pair was a demo unit that I got before the series was even on sale for like close to 70% off. Very worth it, though I might change things up soon as i've had these for like 7 or 8 years now.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Where to look for inspiration/parts/ideas for mounting PC under desk?
It's a small tower (15"H x 6.8"W x 14.6"D). USB and jacks are on the front, power button is on the top corner so need either a little clearance or ability to slide forward a bit. Carpeted and cats, so I don't really want to just go directly on the floor.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

Where to look for inspiration/parts/ideas for mounting PC under desk?
It's a small tower (15"H x 6.8"W x 14.6"D). USB and jacks are on the front, power button is on the top corner so need either a little clearance or ability to slide forward a bit. Carpeted and cats, so I don't really want to just go directly on the floor.

https://www.amazon.com/VIVO-Adjustable-Computer-Holder-MOUNT-PC01/dp/B01MEDE9WO

Prescription Combs
Apr 20, 2005

That thing is cool as heck. My drat case is 0.7"(thicc) too wide otherwise I'd pick one up myself.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

That is p good looking. I guess all I’d seen before were just a bracket and some straps. Just gotta make sure I got enough ballroom leftover and cables still reach where they gotta

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT
Comedy option. Go for one of these.
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112535

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
What is ballroom

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

gently caress do you think it is?

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT
If you have to ask, you can't afford it.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
OK. I did some optimizing tonight.

Wire management on "the rack" is still a nightmare. I hope I don't start a goddamn fire.

HELLBITCH
Sep 15, 2017

bad at posting
Efficiency shelving/"racks" are honestly a gift from God and the jumbled mess on them is a legitimate aesthetic that should not be altered.
You can also get little bins from a hardware store to hang on efficiency shelving to put screws/etc in.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

BabyRyoga posted:

OK. I did some optimizing tonight.

Wire management on "the rack" is still a nightmare. I hope I don't start a goddamn fire.
i’m the $10,000 of equipment on the $40 furniture

Thorpe
Feb 14, 2007

RELEASE THE KITTIES
Just rearranged my computer room/studio for probably the 6th time this year. Still don't feel like its completely right yet, hopefully I'll stumble upon the magic combo that will make my brain happy at some point next year

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Thorpe posted:

Just rearranged my computer room/studio for probably the 6th time this year. Still don't feel like its completely right yet, hopefully I'll stumble upon the magic combo that will make my brain happy at some point next year

I especially like your setup because the pictures would give me this combo of ads and I have a huge, drooping half-erection right now.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

TenementFunster posted:

i’m the $10,000 of equipment on the $40 furniture

Those wire shelves run $80 sheesh. Sidenote how did TenementFunster outlast PCOS Bill?

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
Got permission to turn the spare garage into a mancave/workspace. Still a work in progress. Going to replace the black box with the thermaltake because grown men need computers with flashing leds :rolleyes:

hotsauce
Jan 14, 2007

Ocrassus posted:

Welp.. several monitor arms later I finally finished up my posting station. Predator x34 on the bottom, lg34um95 on the top.

the cable management is horrendous

What mound did you use to put that bigass monitor on top of that bigass monitor? I'm looking to mount a TV on top like that and can't find poo poo for stands with my weak googling.

benisntfunny
Dec 2, 2004
I'm Perfect.
Updated my office a bit so I can work from home a little better.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

benisntfunny posted:

Is that the Baha'i temple in Illinois?

sports
Sep 1, 2012

Wirth1000 posted:

wilmette

benisntfunny
Dec 2, 2004
I'm Perfect.

Wirth1000 posted:

Yep.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Are you Rainn Wilson?

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

benisntfunny posted:

Are you ‘target-display’-ing one of those iMacs or are you using them as separate side-by-side computers?

benisntfunny
Dec 2, 2004
I'm Perfect.

Electric Bugaloo posted:

Are you ‘target-display’-ing one of those iMacs or are you using them as separate side-by-side computers?

Yeah the older one on the right is target displayed but also functions as a VMhost/server.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
Hi, I took a picture of my lovely home office desktop.

It's, uh, pretty bad. I'm still amazed my crappy particle board desk has held up as well as it has for fifteen years, but given how much time I piss away at this thing between playing games and working from home you'd think I'd have gotten a nicer desk by now. I think I'm going to shop around in the next few weeks and see if I can't locally find a good butcher block to finish and put on legs like so many people have in the thread. There's a closet door keeping a six foot desk from fitting this corner of the room, but for a nice presentable solid desk I'll rearrange the furniture in the room and just use the opposite wall.

benisntfunny
Dec 2, 2004
I'm Perfect.

Meldonox posted:

Hi, I took a picture of my lovely home office desktop.

It's, uh, pretty bad. I'm still amazed my crappy particle board desk has held up as well as it has for fifteen years, but given how much time I piss away at this thing between playing games and working from home you'd think I'd have gotten a nicer desk by now. I think I'm going to shop around in the next few weeks and see if I can't locally find a good butcher block to finish and put on legs like so many people have in the thread. There's a closet door keeping a six foot desk from fitting this corner of the room, but for a nice presentable solid desk I'll rearrange the furniture in the room and just use the opposite wall.

That’s an ugly desk but at least yo poo poo looks clean.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
The nice thing about having such wide table legs is that it hides the utter rat's nest my cables are, for sure.

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012

hotsauce posted:

What mound did you use to put that bigass monitor on top of that bigass monitor? I'm looking to mount a TV on top like that and can't find poo poo for stands with my weak googling.

So it really depends on how heavy your tv is. That arm is a Ergotron LX Desk Mount LCD Monitor Arm.

Alternatively, you could use this type of thing

https://www.amazon.co.uk/80cm-Monit...l+monitor+stand which might also work, depending on how large your tv is. (Also quite a bit cheaper).

unstucker
Jan 4, 2018

Ocrassus posted:

So it really depends on how heavy your tv is. That arm is a Ergotron LX Desk Mount LCD Monitor Arm.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/80cm-Monit...l+monitor+stand which might also work, depending on how large your tv is. (Also quite a bit cheaper).

If you do not want to lose your vision prematurely, I would not advise using a TV with monitors.
The TV is worth watching from a much greater distance than the monitor (3 + meter, 80` - 5 or more)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hotsauce
Jan 14, 2007

Ocrassus posted:

Thanks, As it turns out, I'm getting a 34" ultrawide and would like to place my two Dell 24" (work laptop) monitors above the ultrawide . The tall ones look like they will fit the bill. I don't need an actual TV since I have DirecTV Now.