Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Zerilan posted:

Also Bad Reputation in the goon comics list literally started in the Dobson mock thread with the artist trying to draw a better version of a chapter of Dobson's pirate comic.

It's a shame she called it quits on that comic because I really dug how unique the character designs were. And how they actually managed to look like grungy pirates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Yeah it was a nice change of pace from how cutesy looking half the other poo poo I read is. Haven't been following many comics anymore though lately anyway after mcninja and octopus pie ended.

noyes
Nov 10, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
i'd forgotten about bad reputation, it was great

WrathOfBlade
May 30, 2011

I stopped keeping up with this thread but it's mostly 'cause I'm scared of Avshalom

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

WrathOfBlade posted:

I stopped keeping up with this thread but it's mostly 'cause I'm scared of Avshalom
She's been banished. She will return, eventually, though we will not know her face.

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

PMush Perfect posted:

She's been banished. She will return, eventually, though we will not know her face.

She died the way she lived: Threatening to unbirth Donald Trump.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I am Jeff Jacks irl ama

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Calaveron posted:

I am Jeff Jacks irl ama

When are the big gal and the robot lady gonna gently caress

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

JethroMcB posted:

When are the big gal and the robot lady gonna gently caress

Sometimes I like to think about that plotline playing out with the robot not being humanoid.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

PMush Perfect posted:

Like Arthur arising from Avalon to reclaim his crown in time of need

Hey wait

Avshalom

Avalon

Holy poo poo

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Is Avshalom an aardvark here to teach us valuable life lessons?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i was linked a webcomic i don't think i've seen posted here yet, called Larkspur

the author calls it a dark action comedy, its basically about a med student and her roommate who disappear into an band of radioactive land in pennsylvania called the Violet Zone that's guarded to keep the remaining population in and everybody else out. one of them quickly drags the other into a gang war and that's about as far as the plot's gotten so far in 2 chapters + prologue

seems pretty decent

Tollymain fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Nov 22, 2017

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
People making GBS threads on one of my old webcomics was part of what got me to join SA in the first place, so I guess I'm like... the reverse of the comic people leaving SA scenario

I also still do a webcomic. I don't post in this thread, but I don't post much period

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Tollymain posted:

i was linked a webcomic i don't think i've seen posted here yet, called Larkspur

the author calls it a dark action comedy, its basically about a med student and her roommate who disappear into an band of radioactive land in pennsylvania called the Violet Zone that's guarded to keep the remaining population in and everybody else out. one of them quickly drags the other into a gang war and that's about as far as the plot's gotten so far in 2 chapters + prologue

seems pretty decent

Why does everyone just have weird inconsistent sci-fi anime mutations? Like I'm pretty sure every single one of those people except scar face in the first page was an enemy in Phantasy Star at some point.

Absum
May 28, 2013

WrathOfBlade posted:

PMush Perfect posted:

help I can't tell if these are serious

Morbi
Aug 7, 2013

CONTRABAND
Claims that I still post in this thread are lies and I will not stand for them

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Morbi posted:

Claims that I still post in this thread are lies and I will not stand for them

You just posted in this thread.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

iospace posted:

You just posted in this thread.

Uh, Morbi literally just said they haven't posted here in ages, stop lying.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Absum posted:

help I can't tell if these are serious

Pmush's has to be a troll.

Avshalom has a very distinctive posting style and it is easily found.

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

1. Holy crap, Vattu is back in the flutelands after 700-ish pages of being away...
http://www.rice-boy.com/vattu/index.php?c=878

2. Do we know who that soldier talking to her is?
(I am terrible at telling Sahtans apart, beyond Calirus's distinctive broken nose and a couple others)

Kazerad
Aug 1, 2011

Unshamed by Koos

Zerilan posted:

I think kazerad still posts? Then there's people like the Fanboys guy who actively tried to improve after hearing a bunch of criticism here. There's probably few cases of people leaving due to negatively rather than just losing interest.

I still come by, although it feels like there's just less happening on SA in general than there used to be. At least in my perception, it used to be one of those major active communities you were expected to watch for feedback and criticism, but over time it sort of faded into a group of friends bonding over shared interests and distastes. I mean, just looking at the bunch of posts above, there are maybe three people who have been here less than five years. There's nothing explicitly wrong with that, but I can understand creators having less incentive to stick around.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Not sure I like this new thing in Scary Go Round where you get a close-up of a female character and their lipstick appears out of nowhere. He never draws it in any other shot, so it ends up a bit jarring.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Archenteron posted:

Pmush's has to be a troll.

Avshalom has a very distinctive posting style and it is easily found.
I like to think of myself as more of a witch.

noyes
Nov 10, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Dabir posted:

Not sure I like this new thing in Scary Go Round where you get a close-up of a female character and their lipstick appears out of nowhere. He never draws it in any other shot, so it ends up a bit jarring.
i sympathise with this lol, lips are the loving devil for a cartoonist. in a long shot they confuse the shape of the mouth and make the characters' expressions unreadable, but you can't leave them out in a close-up or the whole face looks wrong, and the only real compromise is only drawing them in close-ups and of course the readers do notice if they keep appearing and disappearing between frames. and that's just closed-mouth expressions - as soon as the mouth opens the lips squash/stretch in very specific ways and you have to get it just right or it's a disaster

i hate lips

noyes
Nov 10, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
ban lips

noyes
Nov 10, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
i want all humans to have lipless toothless slit mouths irl

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

Fangz posted:

Really. Okay, put your hands up if you are in the list of 'goon made comics' in the OP and you still read this thread.

are you THE zen pencils

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

noyes posted:

i want all humans to have lipless toothless slit mouths irl

don't call me out like this

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nuebot posted:

Why does everyone just have weird inconsistent sci-fi anime mutations? Like I'm pretty sure every single one of those people except scar face in the first page was an enemy in Phantasy Star at some point.

idk, all i can guess is that they wanted to make a comic with weird sci-fi anime mutations. its almost undoubtedly a deliberate authorial decision

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

noyes posted:

i sympathise with this lol, lips are the loving devil for a cartoonist. in a long shot they confuse the shape of the mouth and make the characters' expressions unreadable, but you can't leave them out in a close-up or the whole face looks wrong, and the only real compromise is only drawing them in close-ups and of course the readers do notice if they keep appearing and disappearing between frames. and that's just closed-mouth expressions - as soon as the mouth opens the lips squash/stretch in very specific ways and you have to get it just right or it's a disaster

i hate lips

But he never drew them in close-ups before and it looked fine.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
He's occasionally experimented in lips before (I think for the old Christmas Island story with Shelby Winner) and they were so unpopular they got edited out in the print collection.

noyes
Nov 10, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
seriously "experimenting with lips" is the #1 cause of premature death in cartoonists

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

noyes posted:

seriously "experimenting with lips" is the #1 cause of premature death in cartoonists

Lips. Now ewwen onshe

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lips are dangerous, evil monsters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4svaEkFXcJI&t=216s

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

For someone who said they never read Harry Potter, Jack sure does look like him.

Also, it's neat that you can sort of see why the kids voted yes or no, based on past comics.

- Lottie doesn't want to bring down Shelley's relationship like what happened to her mom, so she'd accept Tim reluctantly.
- Linton's dad has taught him that people who just do what they want are dangerous, so he would want to see Tim arrested.
- Mildred has heard all about Tim being a scientific menace from her dad's work environment, so she'd want him put away.
- Shauna's been massively let down by her dad, so she won't be too keen trusting one anytime soon.
- Sonny's encountered a dad who looked dangerous but turned out to be okay, so he'd want to see what Tim's dad is about at first.
- Jack, I'm not so sure of. Maybe he remembers what happened to the bridge troll, or Shauna told him about what happened with her brother?

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

Quinton posted:

1. Holy crap, Vattu is back in the flutelands after 700-ish pages of being away...
http://www.rice-boy.com/vattu/index.php?c=878

2. Do we know who that soldier talking to her is?
(I am terrible at telling Sahtans apart, beyond Calirus's distinctive broken nose and a couple others)

besides being the driver of the cart vattu left sahta in, we haven't, i don't think. whatever happens in this scene is gonna loving wreck me, i can feel it.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I'm gonna pimp a webcomic called Snow by Night because I find it cute. Basically it's Adventures in Fantasy Quebec. Art starts a bit mediocre with some elements of manga influence like bird hair in the first few chapters, but they eventually go away and it ends up looking pretty nice.

It starts by following a pair of thieves.

They meet a manitou.

Stuff happens and one of the thieves must flee to the wilderness.

Where he meets the natives.

Meanwhile, a war between colonial powers is starting.

They have an ongoing kickstarter that isn't going that well at the moment.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
woah poppy

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
We finally learn why she's called Poppy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
This was the only direction it could go. Poppy's resilience seems to build off of every rough encounter she's had. Her amazing strength is just along for the ride