Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
Surprised it wasn't "War of Northern Aggression"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

lol

https://twitter.com/BrentSpiner/status/933085504106463232

tsa
Feb 3, 2014

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Out of curiosity, before the FCC decided to classify the internet as a utility back in 2015, what exactly was stopping ISPs from segregating content and making pay-for-specific-content plans like we all know is going to happen?

The predictions here about what happens if nn is repealed are as accurate as the predictions about the election. Like it's not a good thing if it happens but the people talking about using vpns are straight up morons.

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

tsa posted:

The predictions here about what happens if nn is repealed are as accurate as the predictions about the election. Like it's not a good thing if it happens but the people talking about using vpns are straight up morons.

No, they really aren't.

Throwing Turtles
May 3, 2015

Mummy Xzibit posted:

I'm wondering how long they can keep it up.

Huge numbers of pro-net neutrality posts are being upvoted to the front page by a lot of the bigger subreddits for anyone wondering.

When this came up in the past it got a similar response. The only question is if anybody is listening. And cause I was curious, nothing about it on The Donald.

Captain Ironblood
Nov 9, 2009

Throwing Turtles posted:

When this came up in the past it got a similar response. The only question is if anybody is listening. And cause I was curious, nothing about it on The Donald.

I watched the "New" queue for a bit. Every new post about it lasts maybe two or three minutes before being deleted.

There is a sticky entitled "What does Obama really want, that freedom hates?" where they're corralling all Net Neutrality posts, because of course NN is a liberal plot and Soros bucks are fueling the thousands of shills on the front page (it's a great idea to keep it all in one thread since it makes it easy to delete actually informed posts before Dotard posters read any actual facts)

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

Captain Ironblood posted:

I watched the "New" queue for a bit. Every new post about it lasts maybe two or three minutes before being deleted.

There is a sticky entitled "What does Obama really want, that freedom hates?" where they're corralling all Net Neutrality posts, because of course NN is a liberal plot and Soros bucks are fueling the thousands of shills on the front page (it's a great idea to keep it all in one thread since it makes it easy to delete actually informed posts before Dotard posters read any actual facts)

A lot of far right folks seem to think that Net Neutrality is the Fairness Doctrine for the internet.

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

Real Clear Politics has a model to simulate 2018 senate outcome based on different factors. The chances of Dems taking the Senate in 2018 are obviously absurdly low, but one of the guys over there has gotten a bit bullish.

I myself have no faith in red staters at this point, and I'm really worried that Missouri, Indiana, Montana and North Dakota are beyond hope. Still, the model does show a strong possibility of upsets by the Dems if Trump's job approval sinks into the 30s and stays there.

I suppose its encouraging when you consider that if Hillary had squeaked last year, we'd probably be looking at a GOP supermajority by the time the next Republican finally wormed his way into power. Even keeping the GOP advantage static would be amazing, and give the Dems a real shot retaking the senate in 2020.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2017/05/15/preview_2018_senate_results_with_rcps_interactive_tool.html

BardoTheConsumer
Apr 6, 2017

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

dog whistle meet fog horn leg horn

Fixed

Space Gopher
Jul 31, 2006

BLITHERING IDIOT AND HARDCORE DURIAN APOLOGIST. LET ME TELL YOU WHY THIS SHIT DON'T STINK EVEN THOUGH WE ALL KNOW IT DOES BECAUSE I'M SUPER CULTURED.

ShutteredIn posted:

No, they really aren't.

What do you think a VPN will get you once net neutrality is gone?

Either you're a white collar professional working from home (so it's in the ISP's interest to soak you and whatever you can expense to your employer), or you're looking out for your own privacy (so their response is at best 'gently caress you, traffic deprioritized, go to the back of the line' and just as likely 'gently caress you, traffic is blocked').

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.

tsa posted:

We found Ajit Pai's SA account boys.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

The only prediction about NN going away that we can accurately make: gently caress you more money for telecoms.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

WaryWarren posted:

Meanwhile, the Army makes 6.5 trillion dollars in bogus adjusting journal entries in their books for just one year. lol

Like the dril tweet about budgeting for candles and his family dying, but real and the nation at large is dying.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
On the plus side, I'll probably read more books, I guess

Throwing Turtles
May 3, 2015

Gorelab posted:

A lot of far right folks seem to think that Net Neutrality is the Fairness Doctrine for the internet.

It's been several years, but I've heard Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity say exactly that so that's not surprising.

pkay
Jan 4, 2005
"You and your ilk just made me vote downticket R in the midterms."
- a black man (- a magachud)

Space Gopher posted:

What do you think a VPN will get you once net neutrality is gone?

Either you're a white collar professional working from home (so it's in the ISP's interest to soak you and whatever you can expense to your employer), or you're looking out for your own privacy (so their response is at best 'gently caress you, traffic deprioritized, go to the back of the line' and just as likely 'gently caress you, traffic is blocked').

So you are saying to DDos all ISP sponsored websites.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

MAGA

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.

e: There's a guy in a blue shirt in the middle of a gesture that could easily be confused with the nazi salute btw. Also, he's not white. Checkmate atheists.

moostaffa fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Nov 22, 2017

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
It was 70 years ago that the National Turkey Federation first presented the National Thanksgiving Turkey to President Harry Truman -- who, I might add, did not grant the pardon. He refused. He was a tough cookie. (Laughter.) Today, I'm going to be a much nicer President.

Over the past 10 months, Melania and I have had the pleasure of welcoming many, many special visitors to the great White House. We've hosted dozens of incredible world leaders, members of Congress, and, along the way, a few very strange birds. But we have yet to receive any visitors quite like our magnificent guest of honor today -- Drumstick. Hi, Drumstick. Oh, Drumstick, I think, is going to be very happy.

Upon being pardoned, Drumstick and his friend, Wishbone, will live out their days at “Gobbler’s Rest” -- beautiful place. It's custom-built; it's an enclosure on the campus of Virginia Tech. Tremendous school. There, they'll join Tater and Tot, the two turkeys pardoned last year by President Obama.

As many of you know, I have been very active in overturning a number of executive actions by my predecessor. However, I have been informed by the White House Counsel’s Office that Tater and Tot’s pardons cannot, under any circumstances, be revoked. So we're not going to revoke them. So, Tater and Tot, you can rest easy.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Lol, he looks like a dollar store fat chef figurine

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

NothingMatters posted:

Front page of Reddit is pretty interesting. Never seen anything like this before.

Except we saw the exact same poo poo during sopa/pipa and I saw the same poo poo on loving digg on something about Blu-ray encryption

Caros
May 14, 2008

This is actually interesting, in a sick sort of way.

It feels like he's realized that if things go the way they are going, he is going to lose, and he isn't going to get any democrats or independants to come vote for him knowing he is a pedo. His sole constituency is deep red voters, which means he needs to drive them out in droves. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to hear him start throwing the hard R around before this is over.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Crow Jane posted:

Lol, he looks like a dollar store fat chef figurine

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

hahahahahaha goddamn

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Ague Proof posted:

As many of you know, I have been very active in overturning a number of executive actions by my predecessor. However, I have been informed by the White House Counsel’s Office that Tater and Tot’s pardons cannot, under any circumstances, be revoked. So we're not going to revoke them. So, Tater and Tot, you can rest easy.

Ok, that's legit funny.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Caros posted:

I honestly wouldn't be surprised to hear him start throwing the hard R around before this is over.
There are so many hard Rs that would help him with his base it's hard to know which one you mean. Racism? Rape? Reichstag fire?

Caros
May 14, 2008

pumpinglemma posted:

There are so many hard Rs that would help him with his base it's hard to know which one you mean. Racism? Rape? Reichstag fire?

The right's preferred term for Barack Obama behind closed doors?

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Hmm

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/933170732154077185

e: from Schneiderman

https://twitter.com/AGSchneiderman/status/933051001648631808

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
imgur, like reddit, is blanketed with images of ajit pai with a bunch of internerds angry about this recent announcement

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Yeah the FCC was basically committing mail fraud months ago.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Weedlord Bonerhitler has a right to be heard.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Hmmm indeed.

Go Schneider bro.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Jaxyon posted:

Surprised it wasn't "War of Northern Aggression"

My favorite euphemism is the Late Unpleasantness.

It was definitely unpleasant.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Lets also not forget, that the way those comments were posted, someone would have had API access to get those bots to post they way they did.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Caros posted:

The right's preferred term for Barack Obama behind closed doors?
There is just a racial slur for every letter of the loving alphabet, isn't there.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

I encourage the FCC to reconsider its refusal to assist in my office’s law enforcement investigation to identify and hold accountable those who illegally misused so many New Yorkers’ identities to corrupt the public comment process. In an era where foreign governments have indisputably tried to use the internet and social media to influence our elections, federal and state governments should be working together to ensure that malevolent actors cannot subvert our administrative agencies’ decision-making processes.

Ha ha, yeah they’re not going to do that, jackass.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

With the end of NN I'd have expect the Amazon et al to start their own ISP services.

To hawk their own services

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

God I wish Schneiderman would run for president

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Caros posted:

I honestly wouldn't be surprised to hear him start throwing the hard R around before this is over.

"It's okay for me to date children because I'm retarded"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Honestly I'm more surprised that they even know who Talib Kweli is.

Did fox mention him or something??

I don't really peg the alt right as big Blackstar fans.

• Locked thread