Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
Jason Goes to Hell is a very good 10 minute short film that ends when the FBI blow up Jason.

A great end to the series right there.

The rest of it is a made-for-TV movie about an alien parasite or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
I just watched the unrated cut of Jason GtH last week and that is, hands down, the best description of that movie I've ever seen.

sinburger
Sep 10, 2006

*hurk*

Anyone on ps4 finding the random counselor / Jason selection to not be very random? It seems like every time I sit down to play a few rounds I'll just roll the same thing every single match. This makes me sad when I wind up playing as Kenny and J3 all evening.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
It's random, the problem is that it's truly random. I've spent a lot of time writing code that generates stuff randomly and if you use true, real randomness, ironically, the results don't seem that random. Typically you have to tinker with the results.

In this example it would be better if, rather than picking a counselor at random, it shuffled all of the counselors and kept track of which ones you'd played as recently.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

sinburger posted:

Anyone on ps4 finding the random counselor / Jason selection to not be very random? It seems like every time I sit down to play a few rounds I'll just roll the same thing every single match. This makes me sad when I wind up playing as Kenny and J3 all evening.

I got Jenny Myers so often I took random off.

I chose Adam and then it randomly spawned me next to the cabin with the fuse 5 games in a row. So that was nice.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Polo-Rican posted:

It's random, the problem is that it's truly random. I've spent a lot of time writing code that generates stuff randomly and if you use true, real randomness, ironically, the results don't seem that random. Typically you have to tinker with the results.

In this example it would be better if, rather than picking a counselor at random, it shuffled all of the counselors and kept track of which ones you'd played as recently.

Yeah, I seem to get Kenny and Jason VII disproportionately on random.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

I just found two tapes inside one hour.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Danaru posted:

This is also why I'm excited to get to Jason X :allears:

Once you get to part 6 of a series about a killer zombie-man you HAVE to get your tongue in your cheek and that's exactly what parts 6-Freddy do. Highlights being 6 and X. The former for being smart and funny about it and the latter for just having fun with it.

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
You roll random Jason, you're getting Part 7 because gently caress you.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

DeathChicken posted:

On the other hand it has Jason vs Boxer which redeems the entire shitshow :colbert:

Dude had some serious guts for trying to put up a good fight against Jason like that.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Burkion posted:

Yeah, it is without question the sleaziest film.

Like the victims in the movie aren't a bunch of awful people that have gone somewhere they shouldn't

They're literally teenagers who have mental health problems and need counseling. They've done NOTHING wrong.

Reggie loses his entire remaining family in an ugly, brutal way.

Random people get murked for no goddamn reason.

If you can enjoy that, and I do for a few reasons, it makes for a fun time. If you don't then that's just another thing to turn you away from it. 5 is the movie where morality went to die.

I just watched 6, and I enjoyed the tone so much more than 5. Yeah cool people still died, but the movie didn't relish in the deaths like 5 did. Also surprisingly for an 80's movie (and following the heels of 5) not a single tit, even with a sex scene.

So far 5 is the only one I'm not sure id watch again, and if I want to see Violets dance there's always youtube.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

A. Beaverhausen posted:

I just watched 6, and I enjoyed the tone so much more than 5. Yeah cool people still died, but the movie didn't relish in the deaths like 5 did. Also surprisingly for an 80's movie (and following the heels of 5) not a single tit, even with a sex scene.

So far 5 is the only one I'm not sure id watch again, and if I want to see Violets dance there's always youtube.

5 is the only one (aside from 3 and 8)that I'm hesitant to watch again because it is so tonnaly different than the rest.

Plenty of Goons have gone to bat for it so I'll dig it out at some point. I skip 8 because I don't like it and 3 is fine other than Shelley and the 3D effects looking goofy in 2D.

ComposerGuy posted:

You roll random Jason, you're getting Part 7 because gently caress you.

The first words out of my mouth when I load in as part 7 are always "WELL gently caress!"

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

A. Beaverhausen posted:

The final girl in Part V though, she had a mega MILF vibe.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

joylessdivision posted:

5 is the only one (aside from 3 and 8)that I'm hesitant to watch again because it is so tonnaly different than the rest.

Plenty of Goons have gone to bat for it so I'll dig it out at some point. I skip 8 because I don't like it and 3 is fine other than Shelley and the 3D effects looking goofy in 2D.

The first words out of my mouth when I load in as part 7 are always "WELL gently caress!"

I will always love 3 because Shelley in a way sets up the chick stoners death scene, and the scenery she chews in that scene is just :allears: every time. I love it.

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

The final girl in Part V though, she had a mega MILF vibe.

The best scene in that movie imo, after Violets dance. The Crispin one is great but Violets gives it a run for it's money I think.

sinburger
Sep 10, 2006

*hurk*

Queering Wheel posted:

Dude had some serious guts for trying to put up a good fight against Jason like that.

He fights a guy wearing head protection and doesn't even work the body. He deserved to die.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Well he did, but not until he'd already tired himself out punching Jason's face. Whoever his coach was should have been fired

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
He knew he was donion rings, so he tried to do enough damage to get Jason's mask off so the others can hit him harder. "Take your best shot" was basically saying "At least give me one of the cool kills", and Jason delivered :patriot: Julius was a real american hero

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
They really poo poo the bed on that ending though.

"So then after the toxic waste flows past, Jason's been reverted to a little kid."
"Ooooh, you mean like little Jason when he was all deformed and ugly?"
"Oh no, just like a regular normal-looking kid and he's wearing his swim trunks."

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

King Vidiot posted:

They really poo poo the bed on that ending though.

"So then after the toxic waste flows past, Jason's been reverted to a little kid."
"Ooooh, you mean like little Jason when he was all deformed and ugly?"
"Oh no, just like a regular normal-looking kid and he's wearing his swim trunks."

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Yeah, that ending was garbo nonsense

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Apparently there's a comic that takes place between 8 and 9 that says "yeah the baby thing didn't happen, also Jason walked back to Crystal Lake", so at least there's that

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Danaru posted:

Apparently there's a comic that takes place between 8 and 9 that says "yeah the baby thing didn't happen, also Jason walked back to Crystal Lake", so at least there's that

Now I want a movie of Jason’s walk back to CCL from Manhattan.

Maybe that’s where he learned about weed.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Well Manhattan's just like a stone's throw away from Crystal Lake, so it's not that big of a stretch :v:

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Queering Wheel posted:

You can't really say that he had a good head on his shoulders.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

He had power but his chin was lacking

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Cool, still film chat. 7 was good, Melissa deserved something more grizzly. Poor Maddy, I'm gonna play Deb more often now.

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
Part 4 is weird to me because ostensibly the Jarvis's have been living in that house on the lake for quite some time.

How?

Like, Jason is a seriously territorial son of a bitch. As far as he's concerned he *owns* that lake. How did they go years without him noticing them even once?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

ComposerGuy posted:

Part 4 is weird to me because ostensibly the Jarvis's have been living in that house on the lake for quite some time.

How?

Like, Jason is a seriously territorial son of a bitch. As far as he's concerned he *owns* that lake. How did they go years without him noticing them even once?

Because they're terrible movies with bad writing.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

ComposerGuy posted:

How?

Well I don’t think Jason has really been out and about until the week or so long rampage that happens in 2, 3, and 4, which starts at Camp Crystal Lake and basically ends with him wandering the Pine Barrens or whatever just kind of looking for people to stab. So I think it’s safe to say that the Jarvis residence is a good bit away from Crystal Lake. Also I am unclear on whether or not Jason was actually alive and running around before that or if he is a zombie ghost man who came back in response to his mother’s justifiable murder.

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe

codenameFANGIO posted:

Well I don’t think Jason has really been out and about until the week or so long rampage that happens in 2, 3, and 4, which starts at Camp Crystal Lake and basically ends with him wandering the Pine Barrens or whatever just kind of looking for people to stab. So I think it’s safe to say that the Jarvis residence is a good bit away from Crystal Lake. Also I am unclear on whether or not Jason was actually alive and running around before that or if he is a zombie ghost man who came back in response to his mother’s justifiable murder.

Actually that's pretty fair if we just assume he didn't go "active" until Part 2, since I forgot Part 4 is within that same time frame.

I also just realized that everything from Part 6 onwards is 100 percent Tommy's fault.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

ComposerGuy posted:

How?

Jason only cares if you go near his weed field.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

ComposerGuy posted:

I also just realized that everything from Part 6 onwards is 100 percent Tommy's fault.

Yeah but to be fair, nobody could've anticipated that stabbing a corpse with a metal pole during a thunderstorm would frankenstein it back to life. Least of all a numbskull like Tommy Jarvis.

On the other hand, Tommy's the kind of guy who'd probably still do something like that even if he knew the risks, just to get closure.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

ComposerGuy posted:

Actually that's pretty fair if we just assume he didn't go "active" until Part 2, since I forgot Part 4 is within that same time frame.

That's what I assumed. He was living in the woods (we see his shack in 2) somehow saw his mother killed, I assume because he was hanging out in the woods and was drawn by the noise.

2/3/4 all take place like...within days/hours of each other and the Jarvis house isn't that close to the camp.

And yeah, Tommy fucks everything up in part 6. Maybe not let the crazy kid near the body of the monster that caused him to snap? Oh Tommy you lovable dipshit :allears: Thom Matthews performance in that movie is a big part of why I love it.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

That and Sheriff Papa Bear deciding he was finally going to do something useful by beating Jason stupid with a loving rock

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Last night we did a homebrew game type. Jason is not allowed to kill people- instead he cripples them and then they have to do what he says. Namely kill other players or whatever make more zombie slaves

I knew how to win this game. I spawned as a nerdy character, found a shotgun. By the time I found the shotgun, some one had already fixed the two seater car and was going to escape. I stalled them long enough for Jason to arrive and then I murdered another player claiming that I knew how to win the game.

In the chaos and fuckery I stole the car and made it seem like I was going to destroy it, getting Jason to leave me alone. I have a habit of doing whatever the gently caress in the game so this was completely valid.

I then used the car by myself to get away.

The only other person to survive the match? The person I killed, who respawned as Tommy, as I thought they would.

Hooray for a plan coming together!

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Game apparently on sale now for $30 so I wonder if that means experienced Jasons will be able to feast on the influx of newbie counselors for a while.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Basebf555 posted:

Game apparently on sale now for $30 so I wonder if that means experienced Jasons will be able to feast on the influx of newbie counselors for a while.

Or, in the case of goon counselors, feast on the influx of newbie Jasons.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Oh man, that Burk, he's so predictable am I right? You basically know exactly what he's gonna do as soon as he spawns yea?

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Or, in the case of goon counselors, feast on the influx of newbie Jasons.

This has been my experience. I think I only played one match out of 8 or 9 where Jason killed all the counselors and half the time they killed 2 or less.

I had a good time is what I’m saying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Yeah bad/new Jasons are a ton of fun to play against because you can usually clown on them for the whole match and it's kinda funny actually.

• Locked thread