Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

that's every plant used in agriculture and horticulture

yeah but the seedless ones are especially weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
if i were at a grown up sober thirtysomething dinner party with like, wine and jazz records, and the host casually pulled out some cocaine, i would be a little disturbed and politely decline, but if they pulled out some salvia i would just leave

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
what kind of sick freak gets tooted while listening to jazz

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
i pprefer to sip robotussin from a cognac glass

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

The Muppets On PCP posted:

what kind of sick freak gets tooted while listening to jazz

If getting real high and listening to Steely Dan albums is bad then I’m not bad nearly as often as I’d like to be

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
i dont think even gettng super high can make steely dan tolerable but bless you for trying

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

boner confessor posted:

i will never judge someone for turning down salvia, it's a very high school drug

i actually wanted to try it but alas + was in high school

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

https://twitter.com/yayitsrob/status/933007672953200641

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
watching this on repeat again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MOEMzZR_mk

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I have a new plan to curb obsessive smartphone usage and it’s an app that detects when you’re just on your phone because you’re bored and forces you to read the uspol thread

Like electric shock aversion therapy

noyes
Nov 10, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Pirate Radar posted:

Avs, I had some energy to spare today so I read the I/P thread

a) do people really walk up to Jews in the street in Aus and start complaining “well what about the Roma?”

That isn’t me actually asking the question or doubting you, it’s just me goggling at the idea, so you can ignore that part

b) I’ve never gotten the impression that you’re orthodox, so how do they tell you’re Jewish?
a) well actually no, they walk up to jews in the street and start complaining about the palestinians, which tbh is fair enough. however, in holocaust-specific spaces (so pretty much any jewish history museum, memorials, synagogue tours etc.), smug goyboys like to start poo poo and "stop acting like you're the only ones that suffered, you're so selfish!" is a guaranteed poo poo-starter

b) i've only ever been heckled (by non-jews) in areas with a large jewish population so presumably they just guess based on my eyes and hair, the sort of people who heckle jews generally don't care if they hit a non-jew by accident
my weirdest story is an old man on a bus who went into a big spiel about how it used to be so easy to find a laundromat in sydney until the loving jews bought them all and closed them down and now he can't wash his drat clothes, the jews think they're too good to run a laundromat, the jews

noyes fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Nov 22, 2017

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

lol

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Help the leopard I let in my house mauled my face

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Pirate Radar posted:

I have a new plan to curb obsessive smartphone usage and it’s an app that detects when you’re just on your phone because you’re bored and forces you to read the uspol thread

counterpoint: you could download animal crossing instead

noyes
Nov 10, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

grouchio silently weeps as "yes, we have no bananas" plays mournfully in the background

noyes
Nov 10, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
i really want to make a game where you get a patch of land and a whole bunch of possible assets with which to build habitats, and if you do it right animals spawn and wander around. it feels like it should be easy to do, and i know someone who could code it in an afternoon, but she's an autistic woman who's in love with me and if i ask her to work on a project it's a slippery slope to an inbox full of unnerving fanfiction where i'm an animorph with many dragon forms

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

noyes posted:

i really want to make a game where you get a patch of land and a whole bunch of possible assets with which to build habitats, and if you do it right animals spawn and wander around. it feels like it should be easy to do, and i know someone who could code it in an afternoon, but she's an autistic woman who's in love with me and if i ask her to work on a project it's a slippery slope to an inbox full of unnerving fanfiction where i'm an animorph with many dragon forms

stardew valley op

noyes
Nov 10, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
basically sim safari but way more complex and strange

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

What are the odds on Jon Chait being outed as a sexual abuser? I'd say at least 2/3

https://mobile.twitter.com/jonathanchait/status/933171996741046272

noyes
Nov 10, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
the game, not the fanfiction

noyes
Nov 10, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

the paradigm shift posted:

stardew valley op
stardew valley is about farming, mine is about building habitats. it's an educational game, i'm not making it for myself

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

noyes posted:

stardew valley is about farming, mine is about building habitats. it's an educational game, i'm not making it for myself

this sounds like sim life (sim earth? i forget) , or maybe zoo tycoon! id dig seeing another like it

noyes
Nov 10, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
yeah it feels like it has enough precursors that i could just about be able to find the coding for one of them online and just do new art and change all the names lol

noyes
Nov 10, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
but no, it needs a level of skill that i just don't have. actually now i think about it i'm thinking of a cross between sim safari and dwarf fortress (animals die a lot when you're in the middle of a geological-scale mass extinction, so obviously that has to be part of the game). unfortunately i wasn't allowed access to a computer at home until i was fourteen, so i was limited to the shovelware sim games on the school library system and never played sim earth or anything with tycoon in the title

noyes
Nov 10, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
however my access to the works of james herriot was unlimited, which was good, as i don't think most computer people could deal with watching a sheep eat her own placenta but i knew what to expect and was quite unfazed

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

https://twitter.com/FiveThirtyEight/status/933139215906496513

salad is delicious

noyes
Nov 10, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
the game won't go into depths like "sometimes your hatchling will expel its own intestines out its rear end for no reason whatsoever and you have to euthanise it asap, the quickest and most humane way is to hold it between your cupped hands until it falls asleep and then pop its head off with your thumb. do not use a bladed implement, it may seem to be the best option but unless you are a shochet you will at some point accidentally cause horrific suffering despite your benevolent intentions and deep love for this frail, lovely little creature"

if it's a success though i'll do one aimed at adults that does gaze into the psychological abyss that is farming

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
my mother always suggested breaking the neck with a stout stick for small vertebrates

noyes
Nov 10, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
"the desire that a male goat feels for his own daughter outshines any other force on earth, he would cross the desert and scale trump's wall to be with the fruit of his loins, and you just have to accept that sooner or later he's going to get to her and you must love the inevitable cackling demon kids like you would any other"

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Pirate Radar posted:

i like this plan of electrocuting everyone in uspol, let's do that

noyes
Nov 10, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

my mother always suggested breaking the neck with a stout stick for small vertebrates
i came up with the cupped-hands method on my own and will always use it tbh. chicks automatically go to sleep if something soft and warm presses gently down on their backs (mostly so the mothers can protect them and keep them quiet when there's a predator around; the control mother hens have over their brood is completely ridiculous, she just says pok-pok and they all swarm under her straight away) and if you position your hands just right, the chick will doze off even with your thumb pressing on its neck. then you just pull and it never even knows what the gently caress. it's awful and you end up with blood all over your hands, but tbh i think if you kill an animal you should end up with blood on your hands, and if you can't handle that then raising animals probably isn't the job for you

the children need to know all this

noyes
Nov 10, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
believe me i tried just about every conceivable method of euthanising chicks/keets/baby mice

it's weird and haunting how some babies are born en masse for the express purpose of 90% of the brood dying

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

friends

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

I have learned of a deeply unsettling word

brewmosa

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
so it's a lovely shandy?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfD8nLAeMDQ

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

where's stuffing and/or cranberries and/or candied yams

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

so it's a lovely shandy?

:hai:

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Lurdiak posted:

where's stuffing and/or cranberries and/or candied yams

presumably those sides are proportionally common across every region

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

stone cold posted:

I have learned of a deeply unsettling word

brewmosa

If you're talking about PBR/High Life with about 2 oz of OJ those are loving delicious

• Locked thread