Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Cat Mattress posted:

Didn't want to change the arm, so I did that instead:

hey, you know very well whose job the pussy grabbing is around here:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Keep defining down slavery

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Yes, let's desecrate the remains of a crazy person.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Despera posted:

I was under the impression immigrants came here of their own free will.

It's more accurate to say that they come because it's the best economic opportunity they have, and for the very poor that does not really feel like much of a choice since their survival is so bound up in their financial situation. You also have people fleeing violence who end up in those sorts of jobs for lack of other opportunities.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

rodbeard posted:

Oh for gently caress's sake

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

rodbeard posted:

Okay.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

rodbeard posted:

How do you do, fellow liberals.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Well how many parting shots do we need on a mentally Ill man that did something bad 50 years ago?

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

rodbeard posted:

Well how many parting shots do we need on a mentally Ill man that did something bad 50 years ago?

This seems like a particularly bad hill to die on.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Retromancer posted:

This seems like a particularly bad hill to die on.

Especially considering what we'll do with the ashes :twisted:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

rodbeard posted:

Why do you care?

fluffyDeathbringer
Nov 1, 2017

it's not what you've got, it's what you make of it
"hmm I don't like that people are making jokes about a dead racist murder fanatic, I know! I'll soften him into "a mentally ill man who did something bad a long time ago", this'll serve the double purpose of making people feel silly for dunking on Charles Manson and implicitly link mental illness with racism, amorality and mass murder! truly I can go to bed satisfied with myself tonight"

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Selachian posted:

I'm not really sure what Bagley is trying to say here

Queen was rad, AGC

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

fluffyDeathbringer posted:

"hmm I don't like that people are making jokes about a dead racist murder fanatic, I know! I'll soften him into "a mentally ill man who did something bad a long time ago", this'll serve the double purpose of making people feel silly for dunking on Charles Manson and implicitly link mental illness with racism, amorality and mass murder! truly I can go to bed satisfied with myself tonight"

One of the Chapo dipshits once rolled with this, which is equal parts expected and obnoxious

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Yeah racism is bad but the guy literally thought a Beatles song was telling him to start a race war.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

] implicitly link mental illness with racism, amorality and mass murder! truly I can go to bed satisfied with myself tonight"

People do the thing where they call violent people "mentally ill" a lot but manson was like, actually super super mentally ill. Like his whole plan was to go live in a bottomless pit and release a rock album that would lead to him being the leader of the world after the black people killed everyone on earth.

"In Manson's view, dune buggies were the ideal vehicles of the apocalypse; they would enable the Family to outrun police in the Bottomless Pit and were light enough that a few of the girls could carry them. During the war, the Family would be making forays from the Bottomless Pit. Accordingly, the dune buggies the Family acquired, licitly and otherwise, were fitted, on Manson's inspiration, with machine gun mounts; while the men would drive, the girls would operate the guns.[6][48]
Fitted next to the steering wheel of Manson's personal buggy was a metal scabbard. It held a sword with which, in July 1969, Manson slashed the ear of Family acquaintance Gary Hinman.[1]:102[49] On the buggy's front was a winch that Manson envisioned using to evade police, apparently in Helter Skelter. He would fling the winch's rope up into a tree and then winch himself up out of sight as pursuing officers would drive haplessly by"

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

rodbeard posted:

Yeah racism is bad but the guy literally thought a Beatles song was telling him to start a race war.
Nobody is saying he's bad because he was likely insane, but that he's bad because he was a racist, murderous gently caress.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Pants Donkey posted:

Nobody is saying he's bad because he was likely insane, but that he's bad because he was a racist, murderous gently caress.

My reply was aimed at the guy trying to strawman me as defending racism.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

I feel like there's no reason to gently caress with the guy's ashes because it doesn't do anything for the victims and it doesn't punish him since he's dead and unaware, but there's also no reason to care if someone does gently caress with his ashes so eh

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

VitalSigns posted:

I feel like there's no reason to gently caress with the guy's ashes because it doesn't do anything for the victims and it doesn't punish him since he's dead and unaware, but there's also no reason to care if someone does gently caress with his ashes so eh

https://twitter.com/dril/status/473265809079693312

fluffyDeathbringer
Nov 1, 2017

it's not what you've got, it's what you make of it

rodbeard posted:

My reply was aimed at the guy trying to strawman me as defending racism.

If you don't want to be misconstrued as being sympathetic to Manson, maybe don't chomp at the bit to call out the "desecration of his remains"? Just a hint for the future.

But yeah, looks like Manson was actually psychotic. Mea culpa.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

His whole thing is that he was literally incoherent crazy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtWwdzD6vd0

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

To be fair, he knew there was no way in hell he was ever going to be granted parole, so it's pretty likely he just decided to gently caress around during the proceedings.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Today's Zelda isn't all that worksafe I guess: https://imgur.com/Ooqrh2V

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Alhazred posted:

Today's Zelda isn't all that worksafe I guess: https://imgur.com/Ooqrh2V

Whatever was there... isn’t.

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Practicing Hypnolaw since 1990
Grimey Drawer
It works for me.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

If you don't want to be misconstrued as being sympathetic to Manson, maybe don't chomp at the bit to call out the "desecration of his remains"? Just a hint for the future.

Yeah I don't agree with him I just feel sorry for him because he was severely mentally ill. He actually asked not to be released from prison the last time he was incarcerated prior to the killings.

Regalingualius posted:

To be fair, he knew there was no way in hell he was ever going to be granted parole, so it's pretty likely he just decided to gently caress around during the proceedings.

It's partly because he was lucid enough to realize that people were basically treating him as a sideshow attraction.

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

On the buggy's front was a winch that Manson envisioned using to evade police, apparently in Helter Skelter. He would fling the winch's rope up into a tree and then winch himself up out of sight as pursuing officers would drive haplessly by"

That's straight up Looney Tunes. Like, not even as a synonym for "mentally ill", but like something that Bugs Bunny would do.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Fister Roboto posted:

This is hopelessly naive.

Why?

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Grimdude posted:

My favorite part is how this is almost AGC just at its face value. Like, that woman is clearly disgusted with Clinton. So is the message "liberal women who are against sexual misconduct are also grossed out by Clinton"?

Because if so, I'm afraid that's not a very useful cartoon there pal.

I mean anecdotally, I know tons of liberal women who aren't grossed out by Bill, and in fact hold him in higher regard than Hillary? Not sure how much that is worth to anyone but me, but it skeeves me the f*ck out.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

You did bad thing. So it's not bad that I do bad thing.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

So, this is amazing. On the surface its the whole support out troops bullshit, but when you actually know what the protests were for it comes off as 'your protests of police brutality against minorities just makes me want to see more brutality against minorities because I am a huge racist shitheel'.

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Hello old DEBT friend, its nice to meet you once again.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

Alhazred posted:

Apparently more than americans because I couldn't find the english equivalence to vorspiel and nachspiel (the drinking you do before and after the party).

Semi-obsolete term, but an alcohol drink at the end of the night used to be called a "nightcap".

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It portrays maga warriors as logically consistent.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

“It’s a deal—we overlook the allegations against you, and you vote for the tax bill.”

Cpt.Americant
Mar 30, 2010

OK, you've convinced me, let's treat Trump just like Clinton and impeach him.

Alternatively, if it weren't for Bill being such a giant dumbass deciding to meet with Loretta Lynch, Comey would not have come up or written that letter and Trump wouldn't be President, which would mean there would be no special election in Alabama, AGC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.

Selachian posted:

I'm not really sure what Bagley is trying to say here, other than "factory farming bad."

The original is this cover art by Frank Kelly Freas.

“Please... fix it, Daddy?”

• Locked thread