Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Freedom of speech has truly gone down the drain when people will label you as a Nazi just because you happen to hang around with Nazi's, pose with Nazi imagery, use the Nazi greeting, have Nazi tattoos and lead an organization with implicit Nazi-inspired policy goals. It's political correctness gone mad I tell you! :rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012

MiddleOne posted:

Here you are just wrong and grossly misunderstanding how the Swedish press ethics agreement is structured. I mean Aftonbladet and Expressen particularily are not the best about following it (due to being garbage yellow paper publications) but Borg got named for a few reasons and I particularly want you to pay attention the last one:

1. He's a very famous and publicly known person which merits allegations about him as partial public interest
2. He was a former finance minister which doubly merits allegations about him as public interest (if this had happened during his time in office instead of after this point alone would have been enough)
3. He himself brought attention to to the allegations when he pre-emptively posted the apology on Facebook for everyone to see

The last one was the tipping point in his case. After that it was happy hunting to use his name and that is no ones fault but his own. You can see a similar pattern with the allegations against Lars Von Trier last week, until he himself confronted the accusations in public most Swedish publications weren't naming him.

You can see the same thing but in reverse with Hanna Wigh's accusations. Most swedish publications (including Aftonbladet) are referring to the target of her allegations as 'a SD colleague' or 'SD ledamot'. That's specifically because:

1. The target of the allegations is not publicly known enough to merit it as public interest
2. The target of the allegations does not hold an important enough position to merit it as public interest
3. The target hasn't confronted the allegations

This is exactly how it's supposed to work. Similarly, as Virtanen hasn't confronted the accusations publications are avoiding naming him, for now. There is no hypocrisy here, well except for in the news-sources you read.

What about Lasse Kronér and Martin Timell? No problem with naming and shaming then but if you're part of the journalist-class you're protected. Press ethics only applies when the newspapers want it to apply. Journalists also like to think that they are above the law such as when they buy guys illegally and smuggle refugees and all the newspapers back them up.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

As decade-long super famous TV-hosts known by almost the entire population they both fall under provision one. As both of their jobs are literally being famous that merits accusations against them as public interest. Kronér I'm not even sure applies to this discussion as the media didn't pick up on him until after the police were already investigating him and he immediately commented on it when confronted with the accusations. I'm not going to claim that the guidelines are perfect but in all of these cases they have pretty much been applied as intended.

Also, if you're going huff and puff with your journalism conspiracy theories then please do explain to me why they're hiding the identity of the SD-ledamot accused of sexual assault. Is he too one of those darn journalists? Please, do elaborate. :allears:

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
No, see, It’s about ethics in scandi journalism!

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

MiddleOne posted:

As decade-long super famous TV-hosts known by almost the entire population they both fall under provision one. As both of their jobs are literally being famous that merits accusations against them as public interest. Kronér I'm not even sure applies to this discussion as the media didn't pick up on him until after the police were already investigating him and he immediately commented on it when confronted with the accusations. I'm not going to claim that the guidelines are perfect but in all of these cases they have pretty much been applied as intended.

Also, if you're going huff and puff with your journalism conspiracy theories then please do explain to me why they're hiding the identity of the SD-ledamot accused of sexual assault. Is he too one of those darn journalists? Please, do elaborate. :allears:

They're not revealing his identity because it's all a fraud, uuuh, duuuuh? (I imagine a SD-splerg would say).

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

We are the fake news

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Saying that Swedish mass media is wildly inconsistent is hardly controversial, but it is hardly due to media conspiracy or Lilla Saltsjöbadsavtalet as its called in certain circles.
As an example, Antonsson was hardly a publicly known figure, but he was outed by Svt, who then preceded to do exactly what he did in his blog (it is good when we do it).

There are a bunch of reasons why this is the case:

1. Media are commercial actors and scandals means money, and the juicier the better. Ethics be damned when you can sell ads/newspapers.
2. Media is a homogenous bunch of people (overwhelmingly liberal-left, middle class, lives in the same areas (gentrified former working class area), 10% of all journalists in Södermalm, which creates a groupthink (lol, if you think media is immune to this) and lives in areas completely separate from SD supporters). The obsession with Teoderescu (including the vampire play in Gothenburg) is a sign of this.
3. Newspapers are dying thanks to Google and Facebook, which means a ever shrinking pool of jobs, which btw often are temps. If you want in, you need to fit in and adjust to the group ie piss outwards. Turns out journalists are not so anti-authorian when it comes to jobs.
4. Increasing amount of competition from alternate news sources which is hard for media to adjust to, since they were used to be the authority. With it comes criticism to media, which media in general is not good at dealing with when applied to them (see AB on Virtanen). The above mention of Antonsson is another sign.
5. The only actual power media has is naming and shaming, which when it doesn't work (Trump, SD) reveals their relative powerlessness.

In other news, considering the ruling coalition rather atrocious record on information security, how much influence operations do you think the Russians will do come next election?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Russians were already interfering by helping funding SD-supporters last election so I don't really see how it would be any different this time around.

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

MiddleOne posted:

Russians were already interfering by helping funding SD-supporters last election so I don't really see how it would be any different this time around.

Leaking even more poo poo on this and the former government right before the election is a more powerful strategy.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Neeksy posted:

No, see, It’s about ethics in scandi journalism!
goddamyou

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

The Unity List 2014: "Abolish the police."

The Unity List 2017: "Cops are 'welfare heroes' and we need more of them."

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

https://www.svt.se/nyheter/granskning/ug/svenskt-naringslivs-ordforande-har-formogenhet-utomlands

quote:

UPPDRAG GRANSKNING · När Svenskt Näringslivs ordförande Leif Östling var vd för Scania satte han tillsammans med sin fru upp ett bolag i lågskattelandet Malta. Det visar dokument i Paradisläckan. Till bolaget gick inkomster han fick från konsultuppdrag i utlandet.

– Jag har inte dåligt samvete för det. Jag tycker jag har gjort rätt för mig i Sverige mer än de flesta andra. Jag har betalat för minst tusen skattebetalare, säger han.

Leif Östling satte upp sitt Maltabolag 2005. Han var då chef för Scania sedan många år. Och han var inte ensam om att skicka inkomster till Malta då, enligt honom själv. Idén att sätta upp Maltabolaget fick han i diskussioner i bekantskapskretsen.

– Folk har ju planering och ser över sin ekonomi. Det är ett problem med det svenska skattesystemet, att det är så vansinnigt höga skatter i det här landet, säger Leif Östling.

The interview itself really is something to behold. :stare:

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Won't someone please think of the poor millionaires! :freep:

The fact that some people who AREN'T these people seriously entertain the idea that the rich are struggling to survive in Sweden is still beyond me.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

He should be careful asking for what he deserves, might be that begins with a G and ends with -ulag.

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010

His Divine Shadow posted:

He should be careful asking for what he deserves, might be that begins with a G and ends with -ulag.

More like HuKA. Gulag is short for Glavnoje upravlenije ispravitelno-trudovykh lagerej, in the blue-yellow tongue "Huvudstyrelsen för korrektions- och arbetsläger", so should be shortened HuKA.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

gently caress the rich.
According to Picketty, something like 1-2% of the total world economy consists of this.
And what the right misses with this is not so much the tax evasion, but rather that this basically is transforming/has transformed the world economy to where it matters less what you work with compared to what you inherit.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I think some would argue that they're not so much missing it as salivating at libertarian ideology working as intended when applied in macro-economics. :v:

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

MiddleOne posted:

I think some would argue that they're not so much missing it as salivating at libertarian ideology working as intended when applied in macro-economics. :v:

The support for libertarian ideology can be located to those few that believe that governmental regulation are the reason for them not being rich.
Those already rich is already exploiting the system and see no need to disturb the for them favorable equilibrium, except when it comes to getting even more out of the system.
I would say that neither belongs to the majority within the right.

Edit: considering exploiting the tax system is not isolated to the right, it would be nice if people would be upset regardless of political affiliation.

Cardiac fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Nov 6, 2017

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I've always felt that there are thin lines between tax planning, tax avoidance and tax fraud which determines the amount of scorn your tax behavior might necessitate. Luckily we're nowhere near any of those lines this time as tax avoidance by function of a tax haven shell-company is pretty obviously unethical. :v:

Like we're not talking micro-managing 3:12 rules or company options here or whatever. The guy moved shares to a more favorable member state to buy a luxury boat to the tune of over 60 million. In that one move he avoided more taxes then probably you or I will pay in our lifetimes.

MiddleOne fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Nov 6, 2017

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
In glorious racism-capital of Scandinavia, beards on doctors is probably the next thing to be banned. Before all you beard-growing medicine studying hipsters get your perfectly styled tighty-whities in a bunch, don't worry - it's not a health thing. It's obviously the religiousosity of the the beard which is the problem. No really, modern beards grown for fashion is fine, but when brown people have them when they are "religious" they are a menace. I assume this means, like with border control, that the police will eventually have to enforce this, despite the complete ridiculousness of it.

https://www.dr.dk/nyheder/politik/df-ledelse-bakker-op-om-forbud-mod-skaeg-paa-hospitaler

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

Revelation 2-13 posted:

the police will eventually have to enforce this

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Revelation 2-13 posted:

In glorious racism-capital of Scandinavia, beards on doctors is probably the next thing to be banned. Before all you beard-growing medicine studying hipsters get your perfectly styled tighty-whities in a bunch, don't worry - it's not a health thing. It's obviously the religiousosity of the the beard which is the problem. No really, modern beards grown for fashion is fine, but when brown people have them when they are "religious" they are a menace. I assume this means, like with border control, that the police will eventually have to enforce this, despite the complete ridiculousness of it.

https://www.dr.dk/nyheder/politik/df-ledelse-bakker-op-om-forbud-mod-skaeg-paa-hospitaler

That one didn't last long at least.

https://www.dr.dk/nyheder/politik/kovending-df-spidskandidat-traekker-skaegforbud-tilbage

Venstre or Soc Dem will probably pick it up again at some point.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
Hvor truende? Ret truende.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

So are danish Police gonna be sponsored by Philips now?

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
Just voted in my local Danish election in Ørestad. Haha gently caress the size of the ballot!

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

+1 in København NV for sex swings and flaccid dick pics

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Helt ærlig, av alle ting som kan komme på moten igjen var dette det siste jeg hadde ventet:

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy
Apparently, M is now sufficiently racist to lure back the voters they lost to SD.

Retarded Goatee
Feb 6, 2010
I spent :10bux: so that means I can be a cheapskate and post about posting instead of having some wit or spending any more on comedy avs for people. Which I'm also incapable of. Comedy.
I doubt if it's going to stick. More neoliberalism is going to be a tough sell and the real racists are never going to forgive them for the Reinfeldt years.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Potrzebie posted:

Apparently, M is now sufficiently racist to lure back the voters they lost to SD.

With this logic S are also racist.
Or maybe it is just a stupid logic and ad hominem to avoid the argumentation.

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

Cardiac posted:

With this logic S are also racist.
Or maybe it is just a stupid logic and ad hominem to avoid the argumentation.

Not sure S is sufficiently racist yet, AFAIK they have not managed to lure back any lost voters from anywhere. I'd say S is more arrogant than racist.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Potrzebie posted:

Policy-wise they're just pedaling the same stuff they started this winter. Apparently the packaging was the real problem.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

:tif:

https://www.dn.se/ekonomi/finansman-spar-kraftigt-prisras-pa-bostader/

quote:

Joachim Kuylernstierna är vd för investmentbolaget Fastator som investerar i fastighetsbranschen.

Och han sticker ut hakan rejält. Där de flesta bedömare räknar på nedgångar på 5-10 procent, tror han på ett betydligt större ras. I varje fall i områden där det byggts mycket, som Stockholm, Uppsala och Örebro.

– Runt 20 procent på befintliga bostäder i innerstaden och kanske 40 procent i nybyggda lägenheter i ytterområdena, säger han.

https://www.di.se/nyheter/bostads-vdn-klipparnas-lagenheter-veritabla-krutdurkar-for-marknaden/

quote:

"Under hösten har den dämpade nivån vänt ytterligare nedåt, mycket beroende på en oro för vad som kan hända under den närmaste tiden", skriver Joakim Alm.

En viktig orsak till den snabba växlingen från överhettning till nuvarande läge handlar enligt Alm Equitys vd om den spekulation som växte fram i spåren av de snabba prisökningarna.

"Det var många gånger möjligt att boka sig för en lägenhet med hjälp av ett litet eget kapital kombinerat med ett lånelöfte från banken och, när bokningen gick över i ett upplåtelseavtal, sälja kontraktet med en procentuellt högre vinst", skriver han vidare.

När bostadsrättsmarknaden nu har stannat av och lånelöften förfallit blir de bokade lägenheterna "veritabla krutdurkar".

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-11-14/sweden-s-housing-shock-hits-krona-leaving-riksbank-few-choices

quote:

Can a central bank steer the housing market?

Not so long ago, Sweden’s Riksbank decided: no. Now, there’s a risk that decision may backfire as the biggest property market in Scandinavia risks sinking into a correction.

The evidence of price declines was so worrying on Tuesday that it contributed to a 1.5 percent slump in the krona against the euro. A weak currency puts the Riksbank’s inflation target at risk. So should it be looking at the housing market more closely?

Developments in Sweden’s housing market “could spark some doubts at the Riksbank as it may affect the overall economic outlook and inflation,” Nordea analyst Andreas Wallstrom said in a note.

This is fine.

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012
But wait! Sweden was unique that nobody bought for speculation and the prices would keep going up up up forever!?

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I, for one, welcome crashing and burning housing prices.

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Zudgemud posted:

you are too late!

quote:

Bostadspriserna har nått sin botten.

AKA no one knows wtf, but everyone is an expert!

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Zudgemud posted:

Ftfy

CAROL
Oct 29, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
”Joachim Kuylernstierna” is such a poo poo name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

CAROL posted:

”Joachim Kuylernstierna” is such a poo poo name.

Yes, too bad he was not named an "...nny" name with a "...son" last name, that would surely be more inspired.