Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

ALFbrot posted:

The extra money you make as Kiryu offsets how much more fun Cabaret Club Czar is than the Real Estate game

This is very true.

I've found alternating them in post-game is pretty effective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

OMG if time still ticks down for Real Estate while you're playing as Majima in Premium Adventure I'm gonna be mad.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
so i just got to expert pool rotation in haruka's whims and :suicide:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1OppE7c_Vk

Check out Yakuza 6's launch edition bonus here and more about Yakuza: Kiwami 2's play spots here!

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

I really like that they're putting effort now into Yakuza releases. It's a very exciting time to be a fan.

Was anybody else able to get a preorder in for the premium edition with the rocks glasses and whiskey stones? Because that's the coolest fuckin' special edition poo poo I ever did see.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
I am extremely excited to play Toilets

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

SpacePig posted:

I really like that they're putting effort now into Yakuza releases. It's a very exciting time to be a fan.

Was anybody else able to get a preorder in for the premium edition with the rocks glasses and whiskey stones? Because that's the coolest fuckin' special edition poo poo I ever did see.

If we get that edition I might spring for it.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe

SpacePig posted:

I caved in and pre-ordered that dumb thing the day it was available on Amazon. Didn't realize it's not available for purchase at the moment.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Ryuga Death posted:

I caved in and pre-ordered that dumb thing the day it was available on Amazon. Didn't realize it's not available for purchase at the moment.

Still up for pre-order on Best Buy if anyone is looking

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Shinjobi posted:

If we get that edition I might spring for it.

I'm pretty sure we're getting it, because I already have it up for preorder on Amazon.

Ryuga Death posted:

I'm actually almost worried that I might not get mine for some reason. I'm hoping I ordered it early enough.

e: I wasn't going to order it at first, as :krad: as it is, but I got more than $100 in Amazon gift cards between last Christmas and my birthday this year, so they mostly went to that.

SpacePig fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Nov 17, 2017

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

SpacePig posted:

I've had mine on pre-order since August.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Jamesman posted:

Same.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe

SpacePig posted:

I'm actually almost worried that I might not get mine for some reason. I'm hoping I ordered it early enough.

e: I wasn't going to order it at first, as :krad: as it is, but I got more than $100 in Amazon gift cards between last Christmas and my birthday this year, so they mostly went to that.

Same, though I wasn't able to pay it all off with gift cards, but the final amount only comes to about 6 dollars so hooray.

Jamesman posted:

+1 here. Couldn't mash that preorder button quickly enough.

edit: sorry for the long post but here's a tweet about the collector's edition of Kiwami 2.

https://twitter.com/hairofthewolf/status/931552634254888960

Ryuga Death fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Nov 17, 2017

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I know business cards are a big thing in Japan, but are the really so big of a thing that we now have at least 2 games in this series that have come with business cards for fictional characters as bonuses?

editor's note: I have my Yakuza 0 Business Card holder and genuinely keeps business cards in it, even if I'm not carrying it around with me always.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

SpacePig posted:

I know business cards are a big thing in Japan, but are the really so big of a thing that we now have at least 2 games in this series that have come with business cards for fictional characters as bonuses?

editor's note: I have my Yakuza 0 Business Card holder and genuinely keeps business cards in it, even if I'm not carrying it around with me always.

Well, more importantly, a business card holder is a lot cheaper to make than hundreds of 6 inch tall plastic mass produced models or something, so when you want a physical pre-order bonus for a game series that doesn't have quite enough mass appeal for the big fancy physical stuff, it's a pretty safe call.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

SpacePig posted:

I did. I'm looking forward to my box of broken glass in March.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Can anyone list all the Japanese special editions and special consoles that have come out/are coming out? I need a checklist of all the poo poo I will never be able to afford.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I'm hoping there's a chance of a quicker turnaround for Kiwami 2 since the series seems to be undergoing a resurgence in the West or we're gonna be looking at mid-2019 with only 6 to tide us over in the interim if Kiwami is anything to go by :(

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.
..."only 6"...

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Hey we still might get Yakuza of the Northstar too.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I'd like to remind everyone that in a little over a year's time we'll have gotten THREE Yakuza games. I'd honestly be okay with waiting until like next Winter or something for Kiwami 2.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

i'm excited as heck to have a piss as kiryu kazuma

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
I'm still holding onto hope Japan gives Kenzan a Kiwami treatment next and that that actually comes here.

I have however lost hope for the PSP ones and Ishin.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Policenaut posted:

I'd like to remind everyone that in a little over a year's time we'll have gotten THREE Yakuza games. I'd honestly be okay with waiting until like next Winter or something for Kiwami 2.

I just want them to strike while the iron is hot in case everyone else suddenly decides Yakuza is bad and stops buying them as suddenly as they started :(

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Anyone who betrays Yakuza by saying it's bad should be purged.

Yakuza is a beautiful series about beautiful men and Daigo.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Anyone who betrays Yakuza by saying it's bad should be purged.

Yakuza is a beautiful series about beautiful men and Daigo.

Daigo getting completely shut down by Kiryu at the end of Yakuza 4 is one of the saddest and best scenes in the series. Poor Daigo. He just wants to be like the cool guys.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
man, I love that, in Kiwami, once you unlock the Breakout GP, getting the points to get the Tiger Drop is stupidly easy and then the combat is kind of a joke.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

ElNarez posted:

man, I love that, in Kiwami, once you unlock the Breakout GP, getting the points to get the Tiger Drop is stupidly easy and then the combat is kind of a joke.

It does make Majima encounters less of a chore though

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.
I only own a ps4, but Yakuza Games are fairly episodic, right? How much would I miss jumping right into 6, only having played 0 and Kiwami?

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Neopie posted:

I only own a ps4, but Yakuza Games are fairly episodic, right? How much would I miss jumping right into 6, only having played 0 and Kiwami?

More than usual, just because 6 is the culmination to Kiryu, and 4 introduces a couple characters (Akiyama and Saejima) who are very important going forwards. But you'd probably be fine, it'll be a bit weird moving from Kiryu at the end of Kiwami to Kiryu ten years later but it's not like it's that big a change.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

julian assflange posted:

It does make Majima encounters less of a chore though

I just wanted to say that I befriended Luka at SEGA today, and I appreciate your avatar very much

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

ALFbrot posted:

I just wanted to say that I befriended Luka at SEGA today, and I appreciate your avatar very much

:cheers: I love the 20 year old guy logic to both of those missions

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
Y0 is currently $29.99 on the PSN store, and Kiwami is 33% off at $20.09

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.
Gamefly has Kiwami up for $17.99 with free shipping (Black Friday shipping deal).

https://www.gamefly.com/#!/game/Yakuza-Kiwami/5013089

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Caitlin posted:

Gamefly has Kiwami up for $17.99 with free shipping (Black Friday shipping deal).

https://www.gamefly.com/#!/game/Yakuza-Kiwami/5013089

It seems like you have to be a Gamefly member to do this, right? They have Zero on their store, but not Kiwami. You'd have to be a member, rent Kiwami, and then click "Keep" for this, right?

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

ALFbrot posted:

It seems like you have to be a Gamefly member to do this, right? They have Zero on their store, but not Kiwami. You'd have to be a member, rent Kiwami, and then click "Keep" for this, right?

I mean it looks like it? I didn't look that hard considering I usually just straight up buy their used games. That being said, they have a 30 day free trial I have never touched so if I were looking for the discount I would probably opt for that. YMMV.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

The Kiwami 2 demo is on the Japanese PSN now.

Also check out this Hokuto ga Gotoku box art.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Played the Kiwami 2 demo, it's great. I really love the changes that come with the new engine. I'm now extra excited for Y6.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Policenaut posted:

The Kiwami 2 demo is on the Japanese PSN now.

Also check out this Hokuto ga Gotoku box art.

This image can probably be used as TRT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

kirbysuperstar posted:

Played the Kiwami 2 demo, it's great. I really love the changes that come with the new engine. I'm now extra excited for Y6.
Kiwami 2 is on Y6 engine?!