Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Hate-Senpai posted:

I don't care about new Servants I care about King Hassan.

Same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Kitfox88 posted:

So what was Scathach's response to calling her an old matchmaking aunt? I didn't fall for the obvious bad end bait but I'm super curious.

e: my basic response to every question is "what can i imagine GUDAKO saying while her eyes freak out"

e2: this also resulted in picking "YEAH!!!!" at every opportunity

Clawtopsy fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Nov 22, 2017

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Hopefully I can make some money before the paid gacha goes away. Let me tell you, being a broke student ain't fun.

Got a 2030 from the Scathach banner. That'S good enough.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

NRVNQSR posted:

There's both an automatic +50 for free and paid +100 in the shop. The automatic +50 is new for NA, as far as I can tell.

edit: It may actually be a mistake, since the update notes still claim the max without paid expansions should be 100.
I'm kind of afraid to put in anything above 100 in case this is the case, I don't know how they would "fix" this if they suddenly scaled it back. Would the CEs/servants just disappear into the ether?

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Clawtopsy posted:

e: my basic response to every question is "what can i imagine GUDAKO saying while her eyes freak out"

e2: this also resulted in picking "YEAH!!!!" at every opportunity

amazing

also yeah i picked YEAH! every chance i could because i am overloaded with celtic power

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy
i got jeanne from the guaranteed roll and scathach from a single 10 roll so that's exhausted all of my luck for the year

i finally have five stars other than vlad (and good ones)!!

also anyone who did not allow headpats is truly a shameful master

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
Was really hoping for Drake from the paid gacha, but got NP2 Jeanne instead. I guess it's not too bad... since going from a 5% defense buff to 15% is a proportionally huge boost, and it's nice to be able to go beyond 100% charge just so you don't get NP drained at a crucial moment.

Spent 80 bucks on the Thanksgiving banner. Got two Fragments and on the very last pull, Ska-Hawk herself. I'm kind of tempted to do a few more pulls tomorrow during the Gil rate-up. He didn't come home during his own banner, but Orion did and I've come to love the goofball duo. So at this point, it's mostly for that third Fragment.

After this though? I'll be rolling for Jack, and then skipping every banner other than occasional tickets and free quartz rolls until Jeanne Alter.

Ruby Prism fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Nov 22, 2017

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

UberJew posted:

i got jeanne from the guaranteed roll and scathach from a single 10 roll so that's exhausted all of my luck for the year

i finally have five stars other than vlad (and good ones)!!

also anyone who did not allow headpats is truly a shameful master

In contrast I really loving want a vlad now to go with my Jeanne and Tamamo. Im going to loving whale on the Nero Bride banner.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
"Eh, I have the quartz. Might as well try the guaranteed special banner. As long as I don't get another Altera then I'm good. I really want Drake or Tamamo."

Roll trash 3* servants and CEs.

"Oh gently caress, Saber card. gently caress! Gold Saber card! Nonononono-"

YES!

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

I'm kind of afraid to put in anything above 100 in case this is the case, I don't know how they would "fix" this if they suddenly scaled it back. Would the CEs/servants just disappear into the ether?

They would metamorphose into apologems. Though based on JP's experience with cards disappearing from second archive it might take a while.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Cao Ni Ma posted:

In contrast I really loving want a vlad now to go with my Jeanne and Tamamo. Im going to loving whale on the Nero Bride banner.

ive used vlad the most out of anyone who isn't og f/sn (emiya, medusa, medea, herc, cu, hassan because i dont have proper arturia) just b/c gotta get damage from somewhere

(emiya's been in my party since the starter gacha and somehow isn't more than v. close to bond 7 despite being level 102, volvo plz fix)

atelier morgan fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Nov 22, 2017

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
Welp, no 2030 in 60 quartz, but got Sumanai and Scathach. I don't know why I'm getting so many 5-stars on NA but :toot:

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

i have jeanne, vlad, and a single instance of fragments of 2030, adding in a friend yandere catgirl seems like a winning formula

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

loving ace, saved 300 for Scathach and got her on my fourth try alongside a second Herc!! No 2030 though, will spend my rest on Gilgamesh day I guess.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Didn't get Scathach, but did get Medea Lily. I continue to get a ton of 4* on NA.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

First ten-roll on one of my JPN alts, what is going on today :psyduck:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Finally got a 7 turn clear on Avici. :toot: I thought I was hosed when Drake got two crits in a row and killed Waver, leaving Gil without NP at the end. I lucked out on card RNG and had a nice quick hand followed up by Gil NPBB Brave Chain to one turn Okita. Probably the lowest I can get this without burning seals or like a mega whale 4x LB Kaleido Arash suicide squad or something.

I also got the last of the teapots I needed, so I can finally ditch this event.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
Something I hadn't noticed on JP: The quest information screen doesn't always have a "?" for every possible drop. Ultra-rare drops like event CEs only get added to the list when they actually drop.

Though I guess it's not that interesting since everyone just uses the wikis for this stuff.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

TheFireMagi posted:

First ten-roll on one of my JPN alts, what is going on today :psyduck:

Grats. All I got was a bunch of mana prisms and a third Necromancy.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
Paid summon got me Drake and two Kaleidoscopes. I have 4 Kaleidoscopes now. That's more than I have 5* Servants. (Only had Altria and Jeanne before)

...then got Scathach on a single ticket pull.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I'm actually quite suprised how active this thread still is

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

El Burbo posted:

Okay

This is fine
Hello, fellow non-NP1 Artoria friend.

At least it wasn't Altera.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Nate RFB posted:

Woah the Second Archive expansions are free??? It's not +100 but still, was it like that in JP?
Oh I apologize for not being clear. Yes, you are correct in that SS/GS does not affect all of the experience in a CE, or more specifically the accumulated experience. However when it does occur it does multiple the standard amount of XP a given CE is contributing (based on its rarity and level bonus). So adding a level one 1* to another level one 1* will add 1,000 XP, and with SS/GS that amount could be doubled/tripled once in that transaction. I just pointing out that the XP "gained" during this procedure doesn't just vaporize into thin air; otherwise you could potentially arrive at a point where you have a max level CE bomb with less XP within it than an equivalent that never got SS/GS.

One potential reference of what I mean: http://blogs.nrvnqsr.com/entry.php/3879-Fate-Grand-Order-Craft-Essence-Experience-Leveling

More to your point, the scenario you've outlined (most of my CEs have been unmerged except for some 4* and 5* I wanted for increased MLB effects) is more or less exactly what I've been implementing. And yep it's resulted in brushing up against the cap space several times. And yep, "not good from a design perspective" is how I would describe most of this nonsense.

Ok, first off: Trubo is turbofuckingsperg. He regularly does things the hardest possible way because he has a compulsion to achieve ~maximally optimal gameplay~. Like refusing to clear America until a half AP event rolled around meaning his loving Tamamo didn't have interlude upgrades and all for the sake of, what, 4-5 apples worth of AP? gently caress that guy.
Anyways, please don't follow his guides for your own mental health

More concretely, note how he never talks about GS/SS, because the benefit is immaterial. Sure, you get some extra XP from the card achieving a higher level thanks to the GS/SS, but it's a teeny tiny amount. The bulk of the XP will come from the stored XP, and that one won't count GS/SS bonus. And the QP benefit of doing that way instead of just continuously shoving the XP bomb + other cards to a new Lv. 1 CE+dupes is marginal. QP costs don't get significant until the CE is, like... dunno, 50+.

Kay Kessler posted:

Is the new quest information screen supposed to be blank (even on ones I've already completed)? Or is it a bug on my end?
The fill in as you encounter enemies/get drops in that quest. Doesn't know what you've done previous to today.

NRVNQSR posted:

Something I hadn't noticed on JP: The quest information screen doesn't always have a "?" for every possible drop. Ultra-rare drops like event CEs only get added to the list when they actually drop.

Though I guess it's not that interesting since everyone just uses the wikis for this stuff.

Hm? In JP at least you always see the empty space for a drop you haven't yet gotten from that node.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Wuxi posted:

I'm actually quite suprised how active this thread still is

We get lonely.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

MonsieurChoc posted:

We get lonely.

At least you now all have another 5* waifu for company :shobon:

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Wuxi posted:

Or the same one

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Wuxi posted:

As stated earlier, I'm too broke for even that.

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012
Paid gacha got me NP2 Waver. Was hoping for Drake but I guess an extra 10% def debuff will be nice.

Did a single roll on Scathach and got Medea Lily and Arturia :(

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Kyte posted:

Hm? In JP at least you always see the empty space for a drop you haven't yet gotten from that node.

It's possible the behavior has changed, I suppose?

Take the GUDAGUDA Caster 40AP as an example. Before you run it it has boxes with five question marks for drops. Running it will fill these in with Hiragumos, Honnoji points, Jewels, Hearts and Caster Monuments. But the quest can also drop the Guda-O CE, and when it does the CE is added to the drop list as a sixth drop.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
so what's the maximum amount of points you can get to use for your team?

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
Rate-up is a goddamn lie:

Other notable rolls not listed:
Okita NP2 (Guaranteed gacha)
Artoria NP2
Medusa Lily NP2
EMIYA NP4
Viva le France NP3 & NP4
Atalante NP3
7 copies of 2030

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Kitfox88 posted:

so what's the maximum amount of points you can get to use for your team?

Currently 111 on NA, 112 on JP. But getting above 100 or so takes forever.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Are the new 3 stars in the friend points banner?

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Nate RFB posted:

Hello, fellow non-NP1 Artoria friend.

At least it wasn't Altera.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJxCdh1Ps48
I mean if I ever need two sabers for some reason there's worse ones, I guess. Can't imagine ever using her over Nero, though.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Got spooked by a god drat Liz :mad:

Kyte posted:

Ok, first off: Trubo is turbofuckingsperg. He regularly does things the hardest possible way because he has a compulsion to achieve ~maximally optimal gameplay~. Like refusing to clear America until a half AP event rolled around meaning his loving Tamamo didn't have interlude upgrades and all for the sake of, what, 4-5 apples worth of AP? gently caress that guy.
Anyways, please don't follow his guides for your own mental health

More concretely, note how he never talks about GS/SS, because the benefit is immaterial. Sure, you get some extra XP from the card achieving a higher level thanks to the GS/SS, but it's a teeny tiny amount. The bulk of the XP will come from the stored XP, and that one won't count GS/SS bonus. And the QP benefit of doing that way instead of just continuously shoving the XP bomb + other cards to a new Lv. 1 CE+dupes is marginal. QP costs don't get significant until the CE is, like... dunno, 50+.
Sorry, I guess? I can't say I'm familiar with the drama surrounding the various TM English communities. There is so much grind in this game it just seemed like a good idea in general to try to take advantage of any possible leg up you can have on progressing.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Used another 5 tickets and picked up Medea Lily.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Taciturn Tactician posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJxCdh1Ps48
I mean if I ever need two sabers for some reason there's worse ones, I guess. Can't imagine ever using her over Nero, though.

Nero is a survival saber with an arts NP, Altera is a damage saber with a buster NP. They fill different niches, and it's worth having both around.

Altera's great, enjoy.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

all servants are good, even the ones you think are bad

ESPECIALLY the ones you think are bad

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I was VERY scared it was going to be Artoria

EDIT: I have the ultimate gacha luck

Heroic Yoshimitsu fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Nov 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

now my dilemma is do i give medea a couple grails for saving my bacon and being funny, or do i give more to marie...?