Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Jul 13, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I have a challenge burrito called the MEGArito. So far i've made five but only one has been finished.

That's two of them. Neither were finished.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Mr. Nice! posted:

That's a fake taco with fake meat.

Proper tacos have two corn tortillas that are filled with meat (i usually have seasoned ground beef, shredded chicken, and carnitas) and topped with onion/lime/cilantro with maybe some hot sauce on them.

Here's a carnitas taco made traditionally.

I also do what i call fully loaded tacos that are more what you think of except it's still a soft shell, meat, salsa, sour cream, lettuce, pico de gallo, and cheese.

Here's carne fully loaded.

That looks like some drat tasty stuff. Turns out I have been lied to, because that's definitely not the "tacos" we eat. Are those limes?

Upon asking some friends I've learned that we've apparently already conducted experiments with americans and scanditacos on a gameshow that's about norwegian-americans discovering their heritage (it's actually an elaborate hazing ritual but nobody tell the contestants :ssh: ) and they said it was good food. Thing is, I think the americans loving lied about that because I've always hated scanditacos and thus avoided tacos like the plague everywhere I've been.

EwokEntourage posted:

This is what happens when you don’t have any Mexicans.

Get some more Mexicans

I wouldn't be opposed to this. Got any spares?

Mr. Nice! posted:

Wrapping instructions.

Thank you kindly. I won't wrap too tight, or else I'll probably be accused of being dominican.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Nice piece of fish posted:

I wouldn't be opposed to this. Got any spares?.

we have a gently caress load.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

blarzgh posted:

we have a gently caress load.

How good are they with perpetual darkness and face-hurting coldness? What's mexican snow mobile culture like?

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

How good are they with perpetual darkness and face-hurting coldness? What's mexican snow mobile culture like?

You find a way for me to immigrate to your snow world and I will open a taco shop there.

How are the Scandinavians with pig jowl and trachea tacos though?

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

You find a way for me to immigrate to your snow world and I will open a taco shop there.

How are the Scandinavians with pig jowl and trachea tacos though?

I'll send a sled.

Buddy, you have no loving idea what we're willing to eat. It's terrifying. Sheep eyeballs and whale anuses, all the way down.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

I'll send a sled.

Buddy, you have no loving idea what we're willing to eat. It's terrifying. Sheep eyeballs and whale anuses, all the way down.

I was taught in Sweden that all the best Swedish food comes from elsewhere, making things like pizza and falafel the best Swedish food.
I reckon this applies to Norway just as well.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Alexeythegreat posted:

I was taught in Sweden that all the best Swedish food comes from elsewhere, making things like pizza and falafel the best Swedish food.
I reckon this applies to Norway just as well.

Some of the best norwegian food I've had was ukrainian сало and Baikal Ice Vodka.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I'll make you some lengua and tripe tacos.

I have actually thought about setting up shop abroad.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
Scandanavian pizza is horrid.

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:
I got a whale burger in Bergen and it was okay

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

Hoshi posted:

I got a whale burger in Bergen and it was okay

A...bergenburger?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

How difficult is it to get beef, chicken, or pork and the various constituent parts of the animals up there?

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:
I took a pedicab in Oslo and asked where the good food was and he brought me to a fast food burger place, that was admittedly very good.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Mr. Nice! posted:

How difficult is it to get beef, chicken, or pork and the various constituent parts of the animals up there?

They have poo poo loads of pigs and chicken was easy to get. I don't know about beef because I don't really eat it regularly but like with the rest of the western world, lamb is much more common.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Mr. Nice! posted:

Depends. You want quality? It's going to be difficult, because all the meat is locally sourced (Norway is only a supporting cast, not actual member of the EU) and particularly beef is mostly NRF (norwegian cow) which is... of poor quality. You can get pretty good fish though, and obviously whale, sealcub, fermented trout. You know, the essentials. Lots of meat gets smuggled from dodgy european source, so at least the kebabs are like 50% gerbil, 50% eastern european girls. But you won't find anything resembling a quality kebab even still.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Pook Good Mook posted:

Scandanavian pizza is horrid.

You know what? Not gonna even contest this, I make better pizza at home than I get in a shop.

Mr. Nice! posted:

I'll make you some lengua and tripe tacos.

I wish more people would, from like all over. There's a korean place in Oslo (I loving loooove korean food) that's supposed to be pretty decent, so I'll have to go when I'm there for a dance convention in december.

I really want a proper taco too, but I'll have to make it myself obviously. Is there a good recipe that isn't beef? Because I've yet to find quality beef even with imported meat here.

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.

That looks like some drat tasty stuff. Turns out I have been lied to, because that's definitely not the "tacos" we eat. Are those limes?

Upon asking some friends I've learned that we've apparently already conducted experiments with americans and scanditacos on a gameshow that's about norwegian-americans discovering their heritage (it's actually an elaborate hazing ritual but nobody tell the contestants :ssh: ) and they said it was good food. Thing is, I think the americans loving lied about that because I've always hated scanditacos and thus avoided tacos like the plague everywhere I've been.

I wouldn't be opposed to this. Got any spares?

Thank you kindly. I won't wrap too tight, or else I'll probably be accused of being dominican.

I’ll send you my mother in law. Please take her.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Low quality beef is pretty standard for tacos. Lengua is beef tongue and tripe is beef intestines/stomach. Takes a while to prep right but is delicious.

And yes you can make tacos out of any type of meat.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.
The first time I had Chinese food was in Copenhagen. It was good.

Pickled herring is ambrosia, but I don't think it would work in a taco.

Doesn't Norway eat a lot of pork?

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

joat mon posted:

The first time I had Chinese food was in Copenhagen. It was good.

Pickled herring is ambrosia, but I don't think it would work in a taco.

Doesn't Norway eat a lot of pork?

I’ve had kimchi in a taco and that worked.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

You know what? Not gonna even contest this, I make better pizza at home than I get in a shop.

I wish more people would, from like all over. There's a korean place in Oslo (I loving loooove korean food) that's supposed to be pretty decent, so I'll have to go when I'm there for a dance convention in december.

I really want a proper taco too, but I'll have to make it myself obviously. Is there a good recipe that isn't beef? Because I've yet to find quality beef even with imported meat here.

Just sub whale for beef.

---
Carnitas are pork and goddamn amazing. You don't even need good pork.

Tipps
Apr 18, 2006

party in the front

business in the back
I would eat the gently caress out of that megarito.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Is there a good recipe that isn't beef?

nm posted:

Just sub whale for beef.

---
Carnitas are pork and goddamn amazing. You don't even need good pork.

This (goon) carnitas recipe is a religious experience.

Norwegian butchers probably don't know a Boston Butt, so an upper shoulder or neck.

joat mon fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Nov 22, 2017

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

joat mon posted:

This (goon) carnitas recipe is a religious experience.

Norwegian butchers probably don't know a Boston Butt, so an upper shoulder or neck.

God that looks good. I'm gonna do it.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I do mine a bit different, but basically take your favorite onion/pepper blend and rub it all over the shoulder and slow cook that poo poo for 6-7 hours. Afterwards set all the juice aside and spread the easily shredded meat and veggies on a cookie sheet and toss in the oven at 425 for a few minutes or toss individual serving sizes in a skillet or frying pan until the outside is crispy. You can use the carnitas stock in two ways. First you can use it for making masa for tamales and you can drizzle it on your browned meat if it's too dry.

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

Or you can drink it...

Roger_Mudd
Jul 18, 2003

Buglord
Happy Thanksgiving you rascals.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Roger_Mudd posted:

Happy Thanksgiving you rascals.

And a convivial thursday in november to you too, mr. Mudd.

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

My big accomplishment is making brioche rolls/muffins. They have an 88% butter to flour ratio. They're really good.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Mr. Nice! posted:

Fun fact now that I think about it: Norway has a thing, called "friday taco". It pretty much means that it's become tradition for families to always eat taco every friday. It's one of the most common meals because of it, which is loving weird because there's not taco industry or big taco or anything to actually market that poo poo, it's all just stores going "please empty us out of ground beef and dry corn crisps".

Thing is, they eat that old people "taco" I posted earlier. Import some quality taco and get people on board with that, you might become a household name. I'll help you set up a general private stock company and sort out your food safety administration paperwork, in exchange for say a taco.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I wonder if i could goonsource enough funds to set up my Scandinavian taco empire.

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.

Mr. Nice! posted:

I wonder if i could goonsource enough funds to set up my Scandinavian taco empire.

They funded that stupid hotdog stand/scam so probably

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

EwokEntourage posted:

They funded that stupid hotdog stand/scam so probably

Was the hotdog stand/scam based in Europe? Goons are overwhelmingly North American
(I'll totally dump my money into this, Norway is infinitely easier for me to get into than whatever faraway US place the taco man has as his residence)

nutri_void fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Nov 24, 2017

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I wonder what it would cost to ship the truck overseas. I expect it might cost close to $10k. Figure if i could raise 100k it would fund me, one employee, and either shipping the truck or buying/leasing a place and equipment there plus pay while getting set up would probably cover everything.

Then again i don't know how difficult it would be to get visas/etc so i don't have that calculated into cost.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
Do you like taco? I like taco. Taco are my favorite Mexican food, there is nothing quite like taco.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
TACOS ARE FOR TUESDAY THERES NO ALLITERATION IN 'TACO FRIDAY' THATS DUMB

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
It's "Taco Tuesday"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU