Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
$1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:

Incitatus posted:

Eh still more screen time than Sandy has gotten in a movie.

and views

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85cL1HisrNc

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

D_Smart posted:

No Star Citizen anniversary live stream this year. Obviously because the much touted, one year late, 3.0 build is completely & flat-out BROKEN; and they simply can't play/show it live.

Don't worry though, that's not going to affect the obligatory end of year JPEG ship sale cash grab.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/home-featured-content/16249-The-Anniversary-Special

Seeing as they are most definitely engaging in a Ponzi-like scheme, if you put in for your refund now, they will have money next month to give you. New sales, fund old sales refunds.

Makes sense, they don't have the content to put together an anniversary stream and a holiday stream, and pushing the livestream back to the latest possible date buys them time to wave their hands around frantically before they finally break it to the backers that lol you're not getting a major patch this year you loving turds.

Also, here's the gif version of that for your archives, if'n you're missing it.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

SomethingJones posted:

Somebody tell me why I'm wrong, please.

Because in the absence of comedy from the CIG team, this thread has turned into the same sort of speculation and theory crafting that we make fun of.

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

3.75 mill

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Beet Wagon posted:

Makes sense, they don't have the content to put together an anniversary stream and a holiday stream, and pushing the livestream back to the latest possible date buys them time to wave their hands around frantically before they finally break it to the backers that lol you're not getting a major patch this year you loving turds.

Also, here's the gif version of that for your archives, if'n you're missing it.

He has a whole forum filled with art, so sit down and shut the gently caress up.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
A small bag of magic beans

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
Fourteen Ben Lesnicks

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
Goons grasping at straws. Sales have always been successful and predicting doom at each one of them is pathetic.

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE
The only profit will be cigarette's in exchange for "favor's" in a Belgian gulag.

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

SCtrumpHaters posted:

Goons grasping at straws. Sales have always been successful and predicting doom at each one of them is pathetic.

Called it.

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
Like say its actually a flop for the first time. you don't really get to say called it because y'all have said it at the last dozen sales.

I told you before I'm here to cut the nonsense

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Is this the longest you've kept your gimmick going on a new account? Does it still hook fish? I mostly just press last post on this thread these days.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Ash1138 posted:

gonna guess 2.2mil

I'm going to say $1.5 Mil.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

D_Smart posted:

Seeing as they are most definitely engaging in a Ponzi-like scheme, if you put in for your refund now, they will have money next month to give you. New sales, fund old sales refunds.

Called it.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Toops posted:

Called it.

That Derek doesn't know what a Ponzi scheme is?

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances
Because I have (a moderate amount of) faith in humanity, I'm guessing that the pledges will go way down. $2 million.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
4.65 million

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Omniblivion posted:

Oh, for sure. The current path of Star Citizen (lol) is total poo poo and goons aren't going to come out of the woodwork to "play".

I was referencing the Literal Dream Version that people are throwing thousands of dollars at; if that game were actually produced, the swarm would emerge again.

I am highly offended. I hope you have to play star citizen for the rest of your life.

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

Enchanted Hat posted:

Because I have (a moderate amount of) faith in humanity, I'm guessing that the pledges will go way down. $2 million.

This isn't humanity, it's a self-selected group of the most gullible rubes and marks known to humanity.

4.8 Million

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Quavers posted:

Fourteen Ben Lesnicks

That is a heavy-handed estimate.

Tsar Mikey
Nov 30, 2005

When will then be now?

Quavers posted:

Fourteen Ben Lesnicks

350 crowdfunded purchases of Wing Commander trash.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

SCtrumpHaters posted:

Agreed, people having a fun guessing game to pass the time really is pathetic, that's exactly the word I would use if I also weren't insane

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Colostomy Bag posted:

That is a heavy-handed estimate.

He forgot that a Ben Lesnick punch way below his weight.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
How much did they make last year? I'm going to guess that they make 40% less than that, since they seem to be down about that much this year

e: what happened to my avatar

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Foo Diddley posted:

How much did they make last year? I'm going to guess that they make 40% less than that, since they seem to be down about that much this year

Is that cat OK?

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

peter gabriel posted:

Is that cat OK?

Yet another victim of the demon reefer

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I bid 22 fully charged jerk off crystals

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

save some for the rest of us

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Dusty Lens posted:

save some for the rest of us

I am changing my guess to zero

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,
From "Clean Code" by Robert C. Martin which is both relevant to this thread, and (imo) a must-read for any programmer, aspiring or otherwise.

"I know of one company that, in the late 80s, wrote a killer app. It was very popular, and lots of professionals bought and used it. But then the release cycles began to stretch. Bugs were not repaired from one release to the next. Load times grew and crashes increased. I remember the day I shut the product down in frustration and never used it again. The company went out of business a short time after that.

Two decades later I met one of the early employees of that company and asked him what had happened. The answer confirmed my fears. They had rushed the product to market and had made a huge mess in the code. As they added more and more features, the code got worse and worse until they simply could not manage it any longer. It was the bad code that brought the company down."

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Toops posted:

From "Clean Code" by Robert C. Martin which is both relevant to this thread, and (imo) a must-read for any programmer, aspiring or otherwise.

"I know of one company that, in the late 80s, wrote a killer app. It was very popular, and lots of professionals bought and used it. But then the release cycles began to stretch. Bugs were not repaired from one release to the next. Load times grew and crashes increased. I remember the day I shut the product down in frustration and never used it again. The company went out of business a short time after that.

Two decades later I met one of the early employees of that company and asked him what had happened. The answer confirmed my fears. They had rushed the product to market and had made a huge mess in the code. As they added more and more features, the code got worse and worse until they simply could not manage it any longer. It was the bad code that brought the company down."

is the solution to never release the product

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Dusty Lens posted:

is the solution to never release the product

The solution is to never try in the first place.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

peter gabriel posted:

A small bag of magic beans

At this point i start thinking that you dont take the guessing game too serious.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

Toops posted:

The solution is to never try in the first place.

finally im a winner

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,
Technology, you see, is useless. It's self-defeating. It is a twisted spiral down into the bowels of the ego. It is killing us. We must return to the ancient traditions that connect us to the earth, the wood, the water, to the air, and our families and friends. Shut down your machine. Unplug your monitors. Tumble your TV's down into the ravine. Hurl your Xbox 1XPlusXSuperPlusXtreme in the tide for to rock and to roll along silent floors of the ocean.

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

big nipples big life posted:

Is this the longest you've kept your gimmick going on a new account? Does it still hook fish? I mostly just press last post on this thread these days.

peter gabriel posted:

Agreed, people having a fun guessing game to pass the time really is pathetic, that's exactly the word I would use if I also weren't insane

Also its not really a gimmick. You guys are always wrong.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Foo Diddley posted:

What is happening :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crobbler Benz
Mar 22, 2016

by Lowtax

no_recall posted:

Current guesses for their black friday / anniversary week sale. (in millions).

Jobbo_fett - 3.2
AutismVaccine - 3.7
Quavers - 3.7
Goredema - 9
VictorianQueerLit - 4.35
big nipples big life - 1.7
Zzr - 4.2

Did i miss anyone? Keep them coming.

Prizes are random games from Humble Bundles. Everyone is getting something at this rate.
]

5.3 milli