Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Mu Zeta posted:

You know John Lasseter, creator of Toy Story. Guess why he is stepping down from Disney.

God. Dammit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
I never thought he'd find a way to top being the man who personally created the Cars series as a labor of love, but here we are.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

https://twitter.com/Delafina777/status/933182748562296832

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Cactus posted:

I just now noticed that The Strain had finished it's run. I saw the first season and thought it was ok. There was room for improvement, but nontheless it was entertaining enough and I was curious to see where it was going to go, so I resolved to re-visit when it was done.

In general, how did it turn out? Were there any major increases or decreases in quality or did it potter along at about the same level?

It got pretty crummy around Season 3 but I thought Season 4 pulled together into a decent enough ending. There's probably a lot that could have been just tossed in hindsight for 3 good seasons but if you enjoyed the first season well enough I think you'll probably find stuff you like in the mythology and monsters that get expanded on across the next few seasons. And aren't too annoyed by human melodrama of which it definitely screwed up the balance.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Mu Zeta posted:

You know John Lasseter, creator of Toy Story. Guess why he is stepping down from Disney.

"Remember that song, 'You've Got a Friend In Me'? Well, I want to be inside you."

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

What do you call the goofy American accent in Downton Abbey, Mr. Selfridge, and Doctor Thorne? At first I thought it was like a 1920s accent in Downton Abbey and Mr. Selfridge, but then I heard Alison Brie speak in Doctor Thorne and it's absurd.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Midatlantic?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wait Rashida Jones is black?

Stop the presses!!!!!!!!! Why am i finding this out now that Quincy loving Jones is her father.

edit: wait... her sister was engaed to TUPAC?! i'm totally out of the loop

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Nov 22, 2017

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

How do you not know she's Quincy's daughter? Her mother being Peggy Lipton is usually what surprises people.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

esperterra posted:

How do you not know she's Quincy's daughter? Her mother being Peggy Lipton is usually what surprises people.
I never thought of her as black, i just assumed she was Jewish or something. Never gave it a second thought.

I'm about as interested in celebrities private lives as they are in mine.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Mu Zeta posted:

Welp

Gonna have to ask my friend about this one

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Mu Zeta posted:

Showing people his Woody, huh?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Season 5 of Vikings premieres a week from today.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Lagertha is like 70 years old right

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Mu Zeta posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s28cBkmoVIk

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
Has anyone watched Godless yet? The preview Netflix showed me a few days ago piqued my interest a bit. Sort of juggling a few shows at the moment but I'm thinking of working it in soon. e: I suppose it's only been out a few hours, but by the time I get back to checking this thread I'm sure someone will have gave it a shot.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Mu Zeta posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3l9IN287kY

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lasseter? He 'ardly knows 'er! But he did it anyway.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

Has anyone watched Godless yet? The preview Netflix showed me a few days ago piqued my interest a bit. Sort of juggling a few shows at the moment but I'm thinking of working it in soon. e: I suppose it's only been out a few hours, but by the time I get back to checking this thread I'm sure someone will have gave it a shot.

Watching it now (on the fourth episode). It's deliberately paced, but it's covering a decent amount of the West that's usually not covered, along with all the usual stuff. Hope you like five-minute long scenes about breaking horses or riding them, though.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Wheat Loaf posted:

Showing people his Woody, huh?

:golfclap:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/mrtonyhale/status/932148547792732165

NICE

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

No George Bluth, wonder what they're doing with Jeffrey Tambour.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I hope they managed to work out the cast schedules to shoot it all together. I liked the last season, but the big group scenes being stitched together despite not being filmed with everyone was super obvious.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Vegetable posted:

His home planet needed him

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Oh cool, I didn’t realize it had actually gone through production yet.

And yeah the Tambor thing is definitely going to sour it. Damnit.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Vegetable posted:

I'm sure he'll be in the season, but probably most of his scenes will be cut.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

esperterra posted:

I hope they managed to work out the cast schedules to shoot it all together. I liked the last season, but the big group scenes being stitched together despite not being filmed with everyone was super obvious.

I heard S5 is going to focus on the characters when they were younger, so expect a lot of flashbacks.

Vegetable posted:

Don't worry, they replaced George with Oscar

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

jeez women having to go into a defensive crouch around this (literally, just look at him ) slimeball

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Gonz posted:

Season 5 of Vikings premieres a week from today.

How is that show btw? Thinkin that might be my next big dive.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Vikings is great mostly. It's really interesting because the protagonists would be the villains in 99% of other shows like it.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Ben Barnes is too handsome, they should ugly him up a bit.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Cactus posted:

In general, how did it turn out? Were there any major increases or decreases in quality or did it potter along at about the same level?

Every new season was better than the one that came before it.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Lucille wouldn't be caught dead drinking a cocktail with Sprite in it. And neither would I. What kind of loving drink is that? Use some real citrus and simple syrup, Jesus. Did Sprite sponsor the thing, or do they just have a particularly tasteless bartender?

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Davros1 posted:

I heard S5 is going to focus on the characters when they were younger, so expect a lot of flashbacks.
The first thing I noticed in Season 4 was how much older everybody looked and sounded (except Tony Hale). Welp.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

MiddleOne posted:

Every new season was better than the one that came before it.

Ah, so the opposite of falling skies/walking dead etc. That's what I was hoping to hear, thanks.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

feedmyleg posted:

Lucille wouldn't be caught dead drinking a cocktail with Sprite in it. And neither would I. What kind of loving drink is that? Use some real citrus and simple syrup, Jesus. Did Sprite sponsor the thing, or do they just have a particularly tasteless bartender?

I was surprised it wasn’t just vodka with vodka and a dash of vodka on top. Lucille is a professional.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Those aren't what the characters would drink. They are drinks supposed to evoke the tone and style of the characters.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

The drink they have for Michael is what I replace Dark and Stormies with once winter rolls in. A+++ would be drinking one now if I didn't have work in 90 minutes.

I wonder if it's going to be a more coherent season than 4 was. I still haven't managed to fully rewatch 4 despite having seen 1-3 a dozen times in the last decade.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I love AD season 4. It's so well assembled. The weakest part, weirdly for AD, is the throwback jokes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Also when you realize that Michael killed Lucille 2.

• Locked thread