Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

ceaselessfuture posted:

Same but MO.

I'm wondering if it'll still be better to farm Torments or if the daily makes all that less efficient.

If I recall correctly the numbers I saw, Torment farming with a Packet Sniffer has a slightly higher return rate per stam but is way less your real world time efficient. Basically you will almost always see at least 1 Pot per run, and I've seen four in one before.

Edit: Just to add to that, thanks to these dailies I have R4'd Meltdown and R3'd Curada, so that should give you an idea of how efficient they are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Do the new dailies reset rewards? Should I clear out the current ones at least once before the new ones drop?

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
So each run of the Major-dropping daily is 80 stam (40x2), while each run of the crystal-dropping daily is 100 (50x2), and you CANNOT get Majors from the crystal daily. I believe the rate came out to about 1 crystal per 100 stamina, so about 1 pot per run. As for majors, magic pots drop 2 majors, and regular enemies can drop them too. I think the rate of major orbs was about 1 per 40 stamina on average.

Honest advice- don't farm crystals from dailies. It's pretty stamina-expensive, and with bad luck you can spend hundreds of stamina with virtually nothing to show for it since you can't get Majors as consolation prizes. And remember- there have been NO NEW 6* ABILITIES introduced in like over a year, and over half the 6* abilities are not very good or absolute trash. Meanwhile, they keep churning out 5* abilities left and right, and those will be your bread and butter in the ability era. If you're going to farm dailies, farm the Major orb dailies (the rate of majors from dailies is still too low to be very useful, honestly, but if you just need to burn stamina).

Actually, just farm the XP dailies, especially if you plan to get a set of 4* magicites. It takes so drat much experience to level magicite....

Electric Phantasm posted:

Do the new dailies reset rewards? Should I clear out the current ones at least once before the new ones drop?

Yes, clear out the current dailies for any rewards you want. The Daily refresh changes the rewards, but there are no mythril rewards so don't expect a sudden influx of mythril from the change.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
That's good to hear, because I'd always prefer spamming dailies than meticulously playing to eke out 1% more advantage every time.

Because I've done that and it sucks.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Were getting new Dailies?

Oh better actually do these then since Ive been away, they reset.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

My main annoyance with Magicite so far has been when I want to try swapping people in and out - Magicite is hard enough it requires level 99, legend dives etc. etc. so when you want to swap a new person in it's a massive investment. I've actually run out of 4* motes desperately trying to mix and match, and for the first time since I started the game I have 0 Major Growth Eggs.

I'll scrabble through my relics desperately to see what I could use, egg from 1-99 someone I had never seen in my life, throw on all the record sphere stuff - and then get a slightly better relic for someone else of the same element and do it all again. I have Kimahri and Lann at level 99 and full record sphere (not legend).

It's the hardest content in the game right now so there's nothing better to spend all these resources on but when the new dungeons require you to have a full team of level 99 dragoons or something it's gonna suck

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

My God, that music for the Kefka level of the concert. Swinging Mad.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

The names for the stages of that level were inspired, too.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
so hey it's pretty annoying to btfo JS valvalis in like three turns and fail the "use a jump attack while in tornado form" medal condition and still lose one (1) medal from damage taken so you get Expert instead of master.

why is the cloud RW technique so good

ceaselessfuture fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Nov 22, 2017

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Hoo boy, this incoming Type-0 event in JP is a doozy.

Introducing King and Cinque, of course.

(Queen's sprite is updated as well, here's an old view for comparison)

But the biggest shake-up is the first new ability school since Witch: Heavy! (The Japanese is "Physical Heavy", whereas Combat is "Physical Attack", Celerity is "Physical Speed", and Support is "Physical Support")
4* Heavy, Heavy Charge: Single-target physical attack, +1 Heavy Charge, maximum 2 stacks

5* Heavy, Grand Charge: 4 single-target Earth/Dark physical attacks, +1 Heavy Charge, maximum 2 stacks

5* Heavy, Gigant Swing: 3/4/8 single-target Earth physical attacks with 0/1/2 Heavy Charge, resets counter after use

5* Heavy, Blast Burn: 1/2/6 AOE Earth physical attacks depending on 0/1/2 Heavy Charge, resets counter after use

The list of 5* Heavy users: Garland (I), Wol (I), Guy (II), Dark Knight Cecil (IV), Leo (VI), Cloud (VII), Angeal (VII), Ward (VIII), Zeid (XI), Gabranth (XII), Gladiolus (XV), Meliadoul (Tactics), Cinque (Type-0), Wrieg (Beyond), Viking (Core), Berserker (Core), Tyro (Core)

There's also two new abilities for Holy Magic support!
5* White Magic, Diada: 3 single-target Holy white magic attacks, med % minor Imperil Holy

5* Bard, Goddess's Hymn: MND +10~50% to party

As for the banners, we have our very first white magic OSB, as well!

Banner 1 posted:

King's Outsiders [USSB, +10 ATK] - 12 single-target Lightning/NE ranged physical attacks, En-Lightning, ATK & DEF +30% and Machinist Ability Double to user
Cinque's Shock Hammer [USSB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Earth/Wind physical attacks, En-Earth, Heavy Ability Boost & Heavy Charge Plus to user
Heavy Charge Plus: Gains an additional stack when charging Heavy Charge

Rem's Ogrenyxes [OSSB, +10 MND] - Single-target Holy/Fire Overflow white magic attack, higher multiplier if exploiting weakness

Rem's Argentic Daggers [USSB, +10 MND] - 10 single-target Holy/Dark white magic attacks, En-Holy, Quick Cast 1 & EX "Suzaku" to user
EX "Suzaku": MND +50%, DEF & RES -15%, Quick Cast 1 when exploiting weakness

Cinque's Skull Crusher [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 6 AOE Earth/NE ranged physical attacks, En-Earth, Burst Mode
Attack -> 3 single-target Earth/NE physical attacks, Heavy Damage +15% for 3 turns
Defend -> Single-target Earth/NE ranged physical attacks, DEF -40%
King's Konoe Uniform [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 12 single-target Lightning/Fire ranged physical attacks, En-Lightning, Burst Mode
Attack -> 4 single-target Lightning/Fire ranged physical attacks, 5 hits if exploiting weakness
Defend -> Single-target Lightning/Fire ranged physical attacks, Instant Machinist 2
Rem's Konoe Uniform [BSSB, +10 MND] - 8 AOE Holy/Dark white magic attacks, En-Holy & Smart Ether 1 to user, Burst Mode
Attack -> 4 single-target Holy/Dark white magic attacks, h60 heal to user
Defend -> Magic Blink 1 & White Magic Damage +15% for 3 turns to user
Ace's Summer Uniform [BSSB, +10 MAG] - 8 single-target Fire/NE magic attacks, Instant Cast, Physical Blink 1 to party, Burst Mode
Attack -> 4 single-target Fire/NE magic attacks, 0.825s CT, 5 hits if user is in front row
Defend -> 2 AOE Fire/NE magic attacks, MAG +30% & RES -30%

Cinque's Dominion Helmet [LMR, +10 ATK] - En-Earth for 25 seconds at the start of battle
King's Platinum Gloves [LMR, +10 ATK] - En-Lightning for 25 seconds at the start of battle
Ace's Flame Armlet [LMR, +10 MAG] - En-Fire for 25 seconds at the start of battle
Rem's Lunar Armlet [LMR, +10 MND] - When using Holy abilities, 50% chance to chase with single-target Holy/Fire/NE white magic attack

King's Twin Magnums [SSB, +10 ATK] - 6 AOE Lightning/NE ranged physical attacks, Instant Cast, Imperil Lightning
Cinque's Mythril Bangle [SSB, +10 ATK] - 6 AOE Earth/Wind physical attacks, Hyper Break

Banner 2 posted:

Nine's Shapeshifter [USSB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Wind/NE jump attacks, Imperil Wind, ATK & DEF +30% and Wild Lance to user
Wild Lance: After using Dragoon abilities, chases with single-target Wind/NE ranged physical attack + 35% chance to inflict minor Imperil Wind

Machina's Clockwork Blades [OSSB, +10 ATK] - Single-target Earth/Dark Overflow physical attack, multiplier is dependent on number of Spellblade abilities used
Queen's Claymore [OSSB, +10 ATK] - Single-target Lightning/Dark Overflow physical attack, higher multiplier if exploiting weakness

Queen's Flamberge [USSB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Lightning/Dark physical attacks, En-Lightning, ATK & DEF +30% and Quick Spellblade to user

Deuce's Akademeia Uniform [BSSB, +10 MND] - h55 heal and ATK & MAG +30% to party, Burst Mode
Attack -> Single-target h105 heal, Instant Cast
Defend -> h25 heal to party
Queen's Regal Crown [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 8 single-target Lightning/Dark ranged physical attacks, High Critical to party, Burst Mode
Attack -> 3 single-target Lightning/Dark physical attacks, Spellblade Damage +15% for 3 turns to user
Defend -> 2 AOE Lightning/Dark ranged physical attacks, ATK +30% & DEF -30%
Machina's Bolt Rapiers [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 8 single-target Earth/Dark physical attacks, 30% Stoneskin to party, Burst Mode
Attack -> 3 single-target Earth/Dark physical attacks, Spellblade Damage +15% for 3 turns to user
Defend -> 30% Stoneskin to user
Nine's Javelin [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 8 single-target Wind/NE jump attacks, En-Wind, Burst Mode
Attack -> 4 single-target Wind/NE physical attacks, higher multiplier if exploiting weakness
Defend -> 2 AOE Wind/NE physical attacks, ATK +30% & DEF -30%

Queen's Natsubi Uniform [LMR, +10 ATK] - 25% chance to Dualcast Lightning abilities
Machina's Platinum Bangle [LMR, +10 ATK] - En-Earth for 25 seconds at the start of battle
Nine's Heavy Lance [LMR, +10 ATK] - When using Jump attacks, 20% chance of minor Imperil Wind
Deuce's Feathered Cap [LMR, +10 MND] - Stat Buff Duration +30%
Rem's Gold Hairpin [LMR, +10 MND] - MND +1% with each White Magic ability used, up to 25%

Machina's Konoe Uniform [SSB, +10 ATK] - RES +100%, Critical Damage +50% & Haste to party
(As a final comment, Nine's BSB commands are still Combat)

Hogama fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Nov 22, 2017

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Hogama posted:

(As a final comment, Nine's BSB commands are still Combat)

Actual unplayable garbage, voted 1/10 in the app store.

jebeebus
May 2, 2005

FF7F00 Cocos Nucifera
Morus : Passiflora Edulis
Cherimoya : Castanea
Synsepalum+(Citrus x limon)
Monstera : L. chinensis

Been having fun with magicites after unlocking them a few days ago, got 5/6 mastered now and just need to take down Bismarck. Gonna have to find a non-elemental way to beat him since I don't have too many good lightning options. Then I'll work on trying to get consistent sub60's for farming. Still can't wrap my head around how I'm going to get to sub30 levels but I won't worry about that for now. If anyone has tips on how I can better optimize my current teams, I would love to hear it!

Somehow my lvl.80 Cait Sith made his way into two of these teams, never thought I'd actually make use of his blue megaphone when I pulled it early on.

jebeebus fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Nov 22, 2017

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
If anyone was wondering, cid mission rewards don't seem to expire. I've been banking all my keystone rewards for a few months now.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
I wonder if they'll translate that as Brute or Might given Combat/Celerity got one-word names.

Interesting, though. I like the concept behind the abilities but I'm not sure it has enough design space for a whole ability type. Then again, they made Witch, so maybe they don't care...

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Why aren't more people talking about Mog Record Spheres

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

If anyone was wondering, cid mission rewards don't seem to expire. I've been banking all my keystone rewards for a few months now.

Hot take: I'd rather just be able to delete mission rewards. I don't need more keystones, you guys give me more than I'm willing to put up with in a month anyway.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
hoping there will be a magicite dungeon stamina discount and i can dump em all into major ice orb farming

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i'm hoping that my last copy of enkidu will drop so i can stop farming that stupid loving wolf

stamina ain't a problem but fatigue sure is

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Snazzy Frocks posted:

hoping there will be a magicite dungeon stamina discount and i can dump em all into major ice orb farming

Eventually they drop to 20 stamina permanently. I think with the introduction of 4 star magicites or maybe slightly before.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Prav posted:

i'm hoping that my last copy of enkidu will drop so i can stop farming that stupid loving wolf

stamina ain't a problem but fatigue sure is

I kinda feel like magicite is eventually going to be what drives me away, if they just keep going down that road. Once you've got a team figured out there's no challenge, it's just tedious, with an occasional s/l due to lovely rng that feels even worse because of how long the fights take.

A lot of content in general seems to be trending toward "how can we make you spend as much irl time as possible doing this" which is probably to be expected from a cell phone game, but it's still disappointing given how easy it was to just pick up and play for a few minutes at a time when I first started.

eelmonger
Jun 20, 2008

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

it's still disappointing given how easy it was to just pick up and play for a few minutes at a time when I first started.

When this game first started it was just "Wow, I can collect FF6 versions of all the FF characters and have them beat up old bosses, that's a fun timewaster!" Now I've got spreadsheets and schedules and poo poo. At least I'll be able to drain my stamina quickly on the new dailies.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Just finished diving my 5th character, Y'shtola!

That makes:
Noctis
Squall
Lightning
Raines
Y'shtola

I guess I do agrias next since I invested some into her....but ehhh I think I should invest in Deuce next, then Eiko when her LD comes out.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Just finished diving my 5th character, Y'shtola!

That makes:
Noctis
Squall
Lightning
Raines
Y'shtola

I guess I do agrias next since I invested some into her....but ehhh I think I should invest in Deuce next, then Eiko when her LD comes out.

A while back people in here were talking about how Agrias' dive isn't all that great unless you can get her doublecast LMR. Something with the way imperils are becoming less effective against end-game content, but I don't remember the specifics.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

A while back people in here were talking about how Agrias' dive isn't all that great unless you can get her doublecast LMR. Something with the way imperils are becoming less effective against end-game content, but I don't remember the specifics.

It's not even so much that as it is that a doublecast is a lot easier to get mileage out of. An imperil has diminishing returns unless you're attacking with that element exclusively. Agrias dive is fine, but a 35% chance of doing +10% more damage with future Holy attacks is less noticeably potent than a 25% chance of doing 100% more damage with that one single attack.

Fair warning if you're looking into diving Deuce, you're going to basically be making two white mages equally good (Ysh and Deuce have very similar dives and functionally identical LMs) when very very little content asks for two healers on the same team. It'll help on Crystal Towers and maybe a few magicites, but past that, you might be better suited looking to see if there's any offensive mages that could get more use out of it.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

KataraniSword posted:

It's not even so much that as it is that a doublecast is a lot easier to get mileage out of. An imperil has diminishing returns unless you're attacking with that element exclusively. Agrias dive is fine, but a 35% chance of doing +10% more damage with future Holy attacks is less noticeably potent than a 25% chance of doing 100% more damage with that one single attack.

Fair warning if you're looking into diving Deuce, you're going to basically be making two white mages equally good (Ysh and Deuce have very similar dives and functionally identical LMs) when very very little content asks for two healers on the same team. It'll help on Crystal Towers and maybe a few magicites, but past that, you might be better suited looking to see if there's any offensive mages that could get more use out of it.

My other potential investments were:

Larsa (bsb), Edge (bsb), Shadow (bsb), Iris (bsb/ssb), Shantotto (CSB)

I just don't know who to invest in. Most of my relics are support healing stuff, unfortunately.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

On that note, Dorgann has a pretty excellent dive to contrast to Agrias. He gets 9% knight damage on top of a knight damage LM1 and a Doublecast Knight LM2. Anyone that owns his Burst oughta make some real consideration for him.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I just don't know who to invest in. Most of my relics are support healing stuff, unfortunately.

Shantotto is definitely worth consideration, especially in Multiplayer with a source of Last Stand - Punch yourself in the face, trigger her trance mode (trance modes generally full-heal), start shooting out rapid-fire Chain Thundagas or Hell Thunders.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Shadow with BSB (or hell, even without) is a slam-dunk dive imo.

edit: speaking of, do we ever get other elemental flavors of Smoldering Fire / Raging Storm or did they realize how busted those are and stop making them?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Fire and Wind are pretty much it. We do get an Earth version of the physical skills in the next FFV event.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Ah, yeah I figured they probably just decided to nip that in the bud since being able to do 40k damage to magicite bosses with zero buffs is pretty absurd. The physical skills aren't even remotely as good.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Ah, yeah I figured they probably just decided to nip that in the bud since being able to do 40k damage to magicite bosses with zero buffs is pretty absurd. The physical skills aren't even remotely as good.

None of the other ninja skills are as exciting though...

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

:siren: PSA :siren:

Friendly reminder that if you're rolling on both the Tidus and Black Friday banners, you may as well wait for the Black Friday banner to drop, because you never know!

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
my legend dive list so far is:

cloud
vanille
edge
shelke
vaan
cid raines
papalymo
lightning

and i dont regret one yet

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

my legend dive list so far is:

cloud
vanille
edge
shelke
vaan
cid raines
papalymo
lightning

and i dont regret one yet

I occasionally regret Vaan, because of his limited usefulness in magicite (aka the content where diving really matters), but he always ends up being worth it in other content.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

ceaselessfuture posted:

:siren: PSA :siren:

Friendly reminder that if you're rolling on both the Tidus and Black Friday banners, you may as well wait for the Black Friday banner to drop, because you never know!

The Black Friday banner only has relics introduced before Tuesday. Tidus' new BSB won't be on it, but his USB, Chain, LMR, and old BSB will.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Finally been clearing some more nightmares that I'd left sitting around forever.

Omega Drive was mildly tricky to get going but mostly wasn't that big a deal, the damage coming out was high but I was able to heal through it fine and I have some real good DPS from peeps like Noctis and Master so it wasn't that hard to melt through his phases.

Neo Bahamut was hilarious because I just went in without looking at how the fight works and just melted through him with very little effort. Power creep is fun.

Only 3 more to go now: Valigarmanda, Affliction Break, and Meltdown.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Is the X banner worth a pull if I've already got Tidus' chain and OSB? I don't have a lot of great water options, but it also feels like just getting more gear for Tidus might not be the best idea vs. trying to get good water gear for other people, since he can already spend a whole fight casting his chain and then double-casting sapphire shots.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

If you're swimming in mythril I'd give it a pull to try to get his USB, which is really fantastic. It complements his chain, making each cast of sapphire shot +8% to the gauge, and the self instant cast is good for JS battles. Also the weapon is all-realms +water, even if it is a blitzball.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
Here's another opinion.

Never pull.

With one dupe and a so high quality one at that even his BSB2 becomes undesirable the banner is very weak and you'd only be trying to snipe that sub 3% shot per 50 myth at Tidus USB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I'd love to pull for Paine stuff, shame I have 3 dupes already

• Locked thread