Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Captain Invictus posted:

Yeah. That dinobot's a work of art, both visually and engineering-wise. That it manages to pull off both modes near-perfectly (aside from some unfortunately visible robot bits on the raptor butt) considering that the actual show transformation is literally impossible(dinobot essentially turns inside out when he transforms on the show, with multiple parts of his body clipping into itself), it's really amazing. All three of the beast wars masterpieces are. And the rumored next one is...megatron himself. Though I'd take a masterpiece rattrap in a heartbeat too.

The only problem is that price. 28,000 yen, yeesh. Cheetor is like 80 bucks, and Optimus primal is like 125 I think. I hope that price is like, a case of two or something, but considering the size of mp dinobot, it might actually be like 200-250 bucks.

It's already confirmed to be 28,000 yen. The simple fact is that we're probably paying a lot for the engineering alone, nevermind Dinobot's size, accessories, and built in gimmicks (seriously, each of his robot mode face options have a working lower jaw.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

TaurusOxford posted:

It's already confirmed to be 28,000 yen. The simple fact is that we're probably paying a lot for the engineering alone, nevermind Dinobot's size, accessories, and built in gimmicks (seriously, each of his robot mode face options have a working lower jaw.)

Wait his ROBOT mode face has a working jaw?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Burkion posted:

Wait his ROBOT mode face has a working jaw?

Yeah, it was quickly discovered as many of the stock promotional photos had vastly different jaw positions for the same set of eyes. There's even a cut in the robot mode neck which allows clearance for Dinobot's chin.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I think that Pat would like this:

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Farewell, marble-dwellers!
I waited until I had finished the Evil Within 2 before starting to watch the LP.

The decision making on display is both highly entertaining and completely baffling.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Brutakas posted:

I waited until I had finished the Evil Within 2 before starting to watch the LP.

The decision making on display is both highly entertaining and completely baffling.

How so?

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Captain Invictus posted:

Yeah. That dinobot's a work of art, both visually and engineering-wise. That it manages to pull off both modes near-perfectly (aside from some unfortunately visible robot bits on the raptor butt) considering that the actual show transformation is literally impossible(dinobot essentially turns inside out when he transforms on the show, with multiple parts of his body clipping into itself), it's really amazing. All three of the beast wars masterpieces are. And the rumored next one is...megatron himself. Though I'd take a masterpiece rattrap in a heartbeat too.

The only problem is that price. 28,000 yen, yeesh. Cheetor is like 80 bucks, and Optimus primal is like 125 I think. I hope that price is like, a case of two or something, but considering the size of mp dinobot, it might actually be like 200-250 bucks.

I don't buy transformers, but would seriously consider picking up dinobot and would take a mp rattrap in two seconds. They were the best characters in the show.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Transformers are super fun to fiddle with nowadays. The level of intricacy in a lot of them right now is pretty incredible. The masterpieces in particular are nuts, and basically indistinguishable from the original quality bootlegs are readily available for a pittance on ebay, to boot.

The new g1 megatron masterpiece is honestly mindblowing, like it's almost inconceivable that he transforms into a Walther p38 pistol and also a fully articulated, detailed robot

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Farewell, marble-dwellers!

Opening the shaking truck, seeing what happens and then charging into the truck.

Seeing the creepy goo lady, running around the house only to find more enemies and then charging into the garage.

The realization that they need the cross bow, which is now on the opposite side of the map from their current position.

The fuse box puzzle. *5 lamps light up* "Okay that's 4"

The contrast of them acquiring the shotgun versus when they got the warden crossbow.

Shaping up to be a good LP. They seem to be enjoying the game too.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Captain Invictus posted:

Transformers are super fun to fiddle with nowadays. The level of intricacy in a lot of them right now is pretty incredible. The masterpieces in particular are nuts, and basically indistinguishable from the original quality bootlegs are readily available for a pittance on ebay, to boot.

The new g1 megatron masterpiece is honestly mindblowing, like it's almost inconceivable that he transforms into a Walther p38 pistol and also a fully articulated, detailed robot

I guess, but MP's are just so drat expensive.

I can buy like 3 master grade gundam kits for that price, so I can still satisfy my craving for plastic robots, but in a different form :colbert:.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Monaghan posted:

I guess, but MP's are just so drat expensive.

I can buy like 3 master grade gundam kits for that price, so I can still satisfy my craving for plastic robots, but in a different form :colbert:.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/TRANSFORME...~QAAOSwYxBaDEr7

you were saying :colbert:

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

gently caress yeah

man the title screen of Symphonia looks like trash with a widescreen hack

edit: oh wait this is just Matt's channel stuff

Phantasium fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Nov 23, 2017

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Oh my God MP Megatron for 13 bucks what the gently caress

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Those must be for those really good bootlegs right? If those listings can be trusted at all..

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Those must be for those really good bootlegs right? If those listings can be trusted at all..

The Transformer KOs are virtually identical to the real deals unless they state otherwise, either by being oversized, different colors, or voyager sized

A KO Soundwave can only be told apart from the real Soundwave because it doesn't have the logo on the chest

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

And that would definitely be good enough for me, I don't mind if it's not the official one as long as if it looks really good/similar.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
the BSS transformers thread is good for if you need recommendations on trustworthy sellers, the "right" KOs to get, etc. Careful, some of the 3rd party stuff gets super expensive and it's really easy to fall down that rabbit hole since some of them are kinda insanely well made compared to official versions.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3555714

in general, anything made by Wei Jiang is great, they tend to both make oversized versions that retain the build quality, while also improving things, adding additional parts like flaps to hide the areas hands flip into, or everything they did to this oversized Titan Master(the white-headed one is the KO, the black-headed one is the real one):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iw4HRLX6nF0&hd=1&t=140s

Worth noting the KO is bigger, improved, and also 3 bucks cheaper than the real one. Sirtoys, one of the biggest sellers of KO Transformers out there, has'em for 13 bucks. All four are fantastic, they just showed up for me. http://sirtoys.com/toys.php?c=1&p=3212&t=WJ_Headmaster_OS_Skullcruncher.html

sometimes the KO companies just go nuts for some reason and make really crazy poo poo, like taking a roughly 8 inch tall toy and turning it into a 2-foot-tall monstrosity that largely retains the same build quality:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCMob6_gc60&hd=1&t=24s

I have that one, it's surprising that he still holds together so well despite being so big.

Also the names they give the KOs are great. From SKULLCRUNCHER to...CHAMPSOSAURS.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

https://twitter.com/AngriestPat/status/933700216271884288

So which one is Pat?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rv3TaNq1brM

Wiseblood fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Nov 23, 2017

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

gambling addict

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I'm not sure Pat has ever claimed to not be a dumbass.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Oxyclean posted:

He’ll admit to it real fast

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Oxyclean posted:

I mean, they WERE offended when Max claimed they were too smart to take on the Mortal Kombat 9 #300 challenge. :v:

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Oxyclean posted:

I mean.

Why not both.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
In today's episode, Pat gets owned! :allears:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

In today's episode, Pat gets owned! :allears:

Crazy Talk at its best. :allears:

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
Is this the first time Crazy Talk has attacked so directly? Is this a new level of power?

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

SkeletonHero posted:

Is this the first time Crazy Talk has attacked so directly? Is this a new level of power?

In the Dark Souls Machinima video from ages ago, the game bugs out and doesn't reset a black knight's aggro or position when Pat sat at the bonfire, and it killed him right after saying "He can't get me here". This is nothing new.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
it keeps happening and it’s great every time

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Can you guys be specific? What video are you even talking about? Did the coffee leap from the pot and stab him in the eye or something? What happened?

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:killing:

RareAcumen posted:

Can you guys be specific? What video are you even talking about? Did the coffee leap from the pot and stab him in the eye or something? What happened?

Newest Evil Within 2. Pat is in a trapped room, proclaims he is in a safe area, and is then immediately phase-shifted into said trap for big death. It is glorious.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sk1QG7HLLR0

Glorious.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

We've finally reached 「CRAZY TALK ACT 2」

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Isn't [ BROWN NOTE ] Pat's immortal form?

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Nov 24, 2017

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Man, I'm really digging the Evil Within LP. The story is a lot more coherent and Sebastian seems way more fun than he was in the first game.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

"My daughter is dying! Ha ha!"

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Rhonne posted:

Man, I'm really digging the Evil Within LP. The story is a lot more coherent and Sebastian seems way more fun than he was in the first game.

Yeah, I was someone who really didn't like 1 past some of the setpieces, but 2 managed to hit a really good spot for me and I hope the eventual 3 is a further improvement on the moves 2 made.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

hoobajoo posted:

In the Dark Souls Machinima video from ages ago, the game bugs out and doesn't reset a black knight's aggro or position when Pat sat at the bonfire, and it killed him right after saying "He can't get me here". This is nothing new.

That one's not a bug. Non-respawning enemies don't vanish when resting at a bonfire, they just lose their aggro. But if they're close enough to the bonfire then they'll re-aggro pretty much immediately.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Well for once, I found one.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
My favorite fighter episodes are the ones where they go full science.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-7ik_kp_04

pat got a fancy new intro