Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
The one that's bugging me a bit is how the Union seems to... well not be Uniony anymore. Looks like it's just some cult crap now. I liked the "crime syndicate and crooks" angle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!
Yeah, the game changes, I kind of like how they are mixing it up with the church rather than having the guilds be immutable.

Losing minx in Mason's is gonna hurt, hopefully the minor guild for them is good.

El_Pato
Dec 27, 2007

Iceclaw posted:

The one that's bugging me a bit is how the Union seems to... well not be Uniony anymore. Looks like it's just some cult crap now. I liked the "crime syndicate and crooks" angle.

Yeah, it's all part of the story progression. Basically the crooks took over from the pirates but it turns out the church was running the show the whole time and cracked down on the cool hat mob boys.

I appreciate meaningful story involvement and in the end you can still run a sweet hat gang and do well.

Now a bunch of the union models are getting veteran versions and getting divied up to the other guilds so the party is officially over.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!
Anyone here regularly playing GB? My local pundit is running a rookie league that I'm in that has really gotten everyone active and participating.

On Hammer Mason's news, I'm slightly tending more towards the "Dem Mason Boys" team and leaving minx at home. I feel like I want both Tower and Flint, which is causing me to leave my union "auto-include" behind.

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.

GEMorris posted:

Anyone here regularly playing GB? My local pundit is running a rookie league that I'm in that has really gotten everyone active and participating.

On Hammer Mason's news, I'm slightly tending more towards the "Dem Mason Boys" team and leaving minx at home. I feel like I want both Tower and Flint, which is causing me to leave my union "auto-include" behind.

I try to get a game in weekly but my pool of players is small. Anyone else in central PA?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Omaha here, we're in the process of finishing up an intro league. I finally played a full sized game, with farmers, who I have yet to use, against a blackheart team. A+ would harvest again. Can't wait for some of the options from the 2nd box though.

Acceptableloss
May 2, 2011

Numerous, effective and tenacious: We must remember to hire them next time....oh, nevermind.

I bought this from the Black Friday sale. Pretty pumped. Now I just need a new version of Decimate and I’ll have a Union team with all models I actually like.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!
Yeah, that gutter is so much better than the original one, I should go ahead and purchase that set.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

It's a really cool model, but I already had enough minis stuff on my plate, including buying some individual Morts before they get phased out completely. Hopefully it'll come back next year like Wyrd's LEs.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!
Yeah, I do need to go ahead and pick up some singles while they still exist. I play 80% Mason's and still don't own Granite or vHarmony.

One of those two I might actually use.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Anyone checking out Godtear?

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I'm interested enough to listen, but I honestly haven't heard enough yet. If there's something in text form for me to read, I'd love to.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!
It's a bit more fantasy aesthetic than I prefer, but anything that takes measurement cheating off the table is good with me. Although I've seen a lot less of that in guild ball than I did with warmachine.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Does anyone have an extra Blackheart or know where I can get one? It looks like the only way to get one now is to buy a 6-man box, and since Blackheart and Hemlocke are the only two union players I don't have, that's not an attractive option.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Is there a neat little summation of the storyline so far that doesn't involve trawling through the professional fanfiction storyposts on the GB website? It'd be nice to know who these church fuckers are and who's dead.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!
I'm pretty sure there is no way to get Blackheart outside of the original 3 player starter box and the current 6 player box. I think there is also an alt Blackheart you can get when Steamforged opens the vault during events.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

Does anyone have an extra Blackheart or know where I can get one? It looks like the only way to get one now is to buy a 6-man box, and since Blackheart and Hemlocke are the only two union players I don't have, that's not an attractive option.

Do you have an lgs you can ask to order it/them? I got mine to track down the rest of the metal fishermen for me.

I do know my lgs has a couple of abandoned special order union models. I could check and see if they've got either of those if you'd like.

I'm guessing I shouldn't start picking up any singles now, for any guild, since they're going to 6 man boxes.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!
I would start picking up singles I needed to complete my unfinished teams so I don't get stuck later not being able to get individual models.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

All I have is Fishermen and I've got them all. My friends have all the Alchemists and all the Brewers. We should probably only buy box sets in the future, right?

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I'm still missing A+G (heresy, I know), Grace, Benediction, and sBrisket, but I figure A+G has that one alt sculpt and G/B/sB should be appearing in a new box down the road. Otherwise I have all of Morts/Hunters and most of the Union stuff, thanks to picking up some stuff during the sales to fill out Union after I learned they wouldn't be GB mercs anymore.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!
Armada games has A&G for 35% off if you just want to pick up the OG model.

I will likely buy the second union box because aside from getting a duplicate minx, that's the union stuff I don't own.

I finally finished out my Mason's by picking up granite and vHarmony.

Morticians are weird because what I don't own is vGraves, Vileswarm, and Casket. Of which I only want Casket.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!
Played in a 10 man tourney today, fixed at 3 rounds due to store hours, and fixed rosters of 6.

Won the first two rounds and got the pair down, but me and the winner of the other winners match ended up with the exact same SoS and OSoS.

My 6 were: Hammer, Wrecker, Brick, Mallet, and Minx.

Faced off against Brewers, Blacksmiths, and Butchers.

In the second game, against Blacksmiths, I managed to concede 6 clock points and still scrape out a 12-10

Welp, those are my brags.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
Indiegogo is up for the Fishermen and Butchers in resin - 100 bucks a pop, limited to 800 teams each to fund the production costs and will move into retail. ETA is November 2018.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/guild-ball-the-fisherman-s-guild/x/18059341#/

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/...ource=lifecycle

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I have to admit I like Fishermen, but I've got the Ratcatcher's Guild coming up. I do appreciate what they said about retailer concerns.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!
Just an fyi it's pvc not resin. Still their PVC is very good.

Anyone gonna be at Spring Fling?

Acceptableloss
May 2, 2011

Numerous, effective and tenacious: We must remember to hire them next time....oh, nevermind.

GEMorris posted:

Just an fyi it's pvc not resin. Still their PVC is very good.

Anyone gonna be at Spring Fling?

Is it the same plastic that the Blacksmiths and Farmers are made from?

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

Acceptableloss posted:

Is it the same plastic that the Blacksmiths and Farmers are made from?

Yep.

New ratcatcher model got spoiled on Strictly The Worst today. Pelage, plays for both ratcatchers and morticians

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Pelage looks super cool, and I'm heartened by the discussion of how she might be good with Casket, since Casket is one of my favorite Morts. Went ahead and preordered the box on DSG along with some WMH stuff.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!
I think she's a great setup piece for casket, with singled out, momentus damage, and +1dmg vs males, and that punishment mechanic, she sets him up better than pretty much anyone else in faction.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

omnibobb posted:

Indiegogo is up for the Fishermen and Butchers in resin - 100 bucks a pop, limited to 800 teams each to fund the production costs and will move into retail. ETA is November 2018.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/guild-ball-the-fisherman-s-guild/x/18059341#/

My wallet does not thank you for this.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!

omnibobb posted:

these aren't going to fund and it pains me.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Yeah, it is a really shame. I would love to buy both of these teams in plastic, but I have to imagine most established players already own them if they have any desire to.

Still, if they don't get produced in plastic regardless I am not sure what that says about the long term viability of Guild Ball. New players will want plastic, especially now that all future teams will probably not be metal.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!
They f-ed up hard with the timing on these campaigns, the fact that they are going to fail will introduce concerns about the viability of the game that weren't there before. Its a PR disaster.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

Yeah, the point of crowd funding is that you have a product you don't believe in enough to either 1) pay for yourself because you are not confident people want it or 2) stock in normal stores because crowd funding slits the throats of small retailers.

One of the main reasons I got really excited about the Guild Ball boxed game was that they were moving to plastic minis. Hopefully they will still decide to produce these.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

I thought Guild Ball was still releasing the plastics of all the current teams but also doing a limited run kickstarter in resin. I don't remember who told me that though so I might have imagined it.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!
Resin is dead, they're trying to fund making the first 9 guilds in plastic but the crowdfunding stalled out.

Maybe if God tear is a success they will have the bank to make it happen?

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

RIP plastic teams. If only they had bothered to promote it at all after the first day or two.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

And hadn't put them out in the dead zone of February. And hadn't put them in competition with Godtear.

God, I really wanted those teams.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!
I'm really happy they haven't bothered to make a single post about this today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

Kithkar posted:

I'm really happy they haven't bothered to make a single post about this today.

:same:

That is really the worst part. Not even a sorry, but there isn't enough support to do these in plastic. Anything would be nice.