Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orv
May 4, 2011
I'm relatively certain that the game will occasionally eat tokens if you turn in single ones too quick, so that's probably a safe bet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

SpookyLizard posted:

What are you high the Martyrs Make loving owns in pve
It's very lovely to hit with, I will sing the praises of it's accuracy. But realizing my assault rifle is dealing slightly less damage with a fresh magazine than a blue energy SMG with a lower power was fairly :wtc: Kind of takes the fun out of bouncy ammo body shots, knowing I have to work my way up to assault rifle damage.

At least most of my energy assault rifles steal deal more damage per bullet than even a Kinetic SMG, let alone an energy one. I can't dislike it because it has incredibly fabulous gunplay, but I've found myself switching to random blue drops of weaker power to kill things faster when it's a waves of enemies mission or event.

"How the hell did I run out of ammo on an assault rifle? That only happens when I'm using an SMG-oh right this thing deals below SMG grade damage shooting EDZ dregs in the dick until I'm at 21 out of 49 bullets in the mag."

I feel much better about the MM thinking of it as the worlds largest long range SMG though. Now if only I could cram it into my peacekeeper holster. Then I would use it forever.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Nov 22, 2017

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
you get the same amount of rep per token no matter how many you turn in do the math people

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

The most fun math is knowing it takes 26.67 tokens for a gunsmith engram

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

you get the same amount of rep per token no matter how many you turn in do the math people

There was a belief at the start that bigger stacks were worth more token for token. I'm not sure whether that was ever true, but it's not now, yet the myth is kinda hanging around.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Control Volume posted:

The gunsmith doesn’t take tokens!!! Owned bitch!!!!

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Control Volume posted:

That and knowing that you WILL get poo poo from him.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

The best math is knowing that it'll take 2 years and 3 expansions including a WoW: Cataclysm-style overhaul for me to feel like I'm actually playing Destiny again

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Engram 2.0

Zuur
May 2, 2009

Cowcaster posted:

it's not the only gun i've had sight alignment issues with and i have to wonder if it's because aim compensation just disguises it/renders it a nonissue on consoles/controllers so they didn't do their due diligence on lining them up perfectly on some of them

I have also noticed it.I have noticed there is an option in the menu to change the sight settings to "console mode" where it sets the sights down a little from dead center, just like the Halo's used to do- which I don't mind on a TV but it actually gives me a little motion sick on a monitor.

What I have noticed is that the sights line up quite well in this option, where the tip of the chevron for midas is the bullseye; but since I have been playing majority with the crosshair in center of the screen, I actually tend to compensate for it and miss more :negative:.

I have also noticed just a -little- bit of auto-aim comes into play when firing, since sometimes bullets will home into specific points of an enemy in PVE, most of the time hitting something I am not even aiming at (shooting way off to the side and still somehow managing to get a headshot) but in PVP I notice it doesn't seem to happen nearly as bad.

The only thing I can guess as to why it works so wonky is because of either the P2P step-rate and the code compensating for it, or just wacky console aim assist leftovers. Either way it isn't the -worst-, just a little odd.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

If I didn't need another reason to hate Io, I just open my Io Cayde caches, 3 of them had nothing in them and last two just gave me a couple of blues. gently caress Io. :argh:

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Waffle House posted:

The best math is knowing that it'll take 2 years and 3 expansions including a WoW: Cataclysm-style overhaul for me to feel like I'm actually playing Destiny again

Yeah I knew this going in. I just assumed it would be 2 years before the game rules. It’s the Mr. Bungie lifestyle.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Oh I also read Mercury is smaller in space than Titan just FYI. :)

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

lol

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I didn't realise notice before Iron Banner but swords actively make PvP un-fun. They're god drat everywhere.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Yeah here’s the proof.

http://www.pcgamer.com/destiny-2s-n...-main-game-now/

Here’s the direct quote:

quote:

Note that I said Lost Sector singular. There’s only one. In fact, the area of Mercury that’s available to freely explore—ie the space in which you pick up patrols, plus Bro Vance’s bachelor pad—is smaller than Titan. Which would be pretty bad news, but for the fact that lurking beyond that big triangular vex doorway is the Infinite Forest—a different kind of zone to anything we’ve seen in Destiny 2 before.

Please support my friend Mr. Bungie so they can make enough money to make big spaces like Asteroid Cupid or Haley’s Comet in the future.

The Mantis
Jul 19, 2004

what is yall sayin?
@Mangoes#1666 we ready. hop in this discord

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Steve2911 posted:

I didn't realise notice before Iron Banner but swords actively make PvP un-fun. They're god drat everywhere.

Imho they are the only thing that makes D2 pvp any sort of fun

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Steve2911 posted:

Naw

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Without swords you'd never get that feeling when you own a guy running across a big open space at you with the sword out.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Swords are hard countered by decent aim and situational awareness which is why they get 8 kills per ammo drop

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Also nothing owns more than punching a sword guy out because its guaranteed to make the other guy salty

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

If someone is in melee range of me I hosed up and deserve to die

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

So basically it's the public event and that's it. Even loving house of wolves had more effort than this.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

So basically it's the public event and that's it. Even loving house of wolves had more effort than this.

I mean if you totally ignore the infinite Forest I guess

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I guess I just really like punching people. :shrug:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Control Volume posted:

Also nothing owns more than punching a sword guy out because its guaranteed to make the other guy salty

I would relish in this more if the game had a working chat.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Control Volume posted:

lol yes, absolutely.

right up there for salt induction with punching out someone who juuuust Oh poo poo popped their super

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

Control Volume posted:

This happens way more often than it should, and it's always satisfying.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Counting the strikes, the Infinite Forest and depending on the size of the raid lair it comes out about the same. Let's not revisionist history PoE.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

That's me. I'm the guy that gets punched to death while using my super or whatever. I seem to be pretty bad at Destiny pvp.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.
I always seem to activate my super just as I see a group of enemies, and then either they all get killed by teammates or they just vanish, until the timer runs out trying to find them.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Steve2911 posted:

"Camp the power weapon spawns, get a power weapon, get ten kills with power weapon" has been the Bungie PvP cycle since 2001.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

drat Dirty Ape posted:

That's me. I'm the guy that gets punched to death while using my super or whatever. I seem to be pretty bad at Destiny pvp.

no its ok

me too

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
swords own and are good

Takkaryx
Oct 17, 2007

Bunnies (very useful) Scientific Facts: Bunnies never close doors
THEY TAKE THE SHOT

THE BUZZER SOUNDS

GUARDIANS TAKE THE PRESTIGE NIGHTFAAALLLLLLLL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLuS-rlxzP8

Props to Rysith and Absolut for making slamming your head into a wall enjoyable

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Takkaryx posted:

THEY TAKE THE SHOT

THE BUZZER SOUNDS

GUARDIANS TAKE THE PRESTIGE NIGHTFAAALLLLLLLL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLuS-rlxzP8

Props to Rysith and Absolut for making slamming your head into a wall enjoyable

Aw gently caress yea

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Norns posted:

I mean if you totally ignore the infinite Forest I guess

do we actually know what the infinite forest is? because i can see a bait and switch coming where we think ‘it has infinite in the name! it’s huge!’ but it ends up being definitely not very big at all

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
I feel that swords are strong in PvP as it gives you third person in a fps with always-on motion detection.
Users would be a lot less aggressive if they couldn't peek corners safely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

do we actually know what the infinite forest is? because i can see a bait and switch coming where we think ‘it has infinite in the name! it’s huge!’ but it ends up being definitely not very big at all

Basically it's tile set generated levels with designed end caps. You start an adventure, that adventure then determines certain aspects of the tile set (they mentioned the one they did on stream was platforming focused) and at the end of that assembled run and gun section you do a small mini-PE that can involve any of the enemies in a designed final area. Repeatable, semi-randomized adventure templates with boss fights at the end.

• Locked thread