Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

SpaceDrake posted:

I mean, those 11 million JP downloads gotta come from somewhere. And tbf, Mecha Eli is pretty much a super robot and Mecha Godzilla reference, so I'm not surprised kids love her.

Yea, it's mostly just funny to me thinking about how still niche Fate and Type Moon in general is in the US, and how big they've grown since I first read Tsukihime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Oh boy a King Hassan bait gacha. Time to go for it.

:negative:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Gologle posted:

Alright guys, until Friday when I get paid again I'm done with the gacha. After getting Scathach in my first 10 roll with my saved up quartz, I decided "eh gently caress it, I had $400 stored away specifically for spending on Servants I really liked, so gently caress it, let's try to get Fragments of 2030." I stopped before I hit $200, because a wave of self awareness hit me like a freight train and I couldn't justify spending more money for a single card (at least until Friday). Here are my results:

NP2 Scathach
NP5 Medea Lily and an extra one I burned
NP2 Carmilla, both in the same set of rolls
NP3 Lancelot
NP5 all the new 3* Servants
A 2nd Formalcraft and Kaleidoscope
A poo poo ton of Boars and Knights.

NOT A SINGLE FRAGMENTS OF 2030. I'm not complaining, because my rolls were good, but how is it that I can get 9 4* and 2 5* Servants, both of which have lower rates than a 5* CE, but not a single Fragments??? I don't even plan to limit break it, I just wanted 1.
Thank you, as always, for putting whatever bullshit I do in this game in perspective.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Gologle posted:

NOT A SINGLE FRAGMENTS OF 2030. I'm not complaining, because my rolls were good, but how is it that I can get 9 4* and 2 5* Servants, both of which have lower rates than a 5* CE, but not a single Fragments??? I don't even plan to limit break it, I just wanted 1.

Ask me about getting nine loving 5* CEs during my (JP) Halloween 2017 rolls and like two 4* Servants total. I was way ahead of the curve on CEs for how often I rolled, too.

RNG is going to RNG. Always remember that the averages are just that. You are going to get some insane results over the course of your career.

taser rates posted:

Yea, it's mostly just funny to me thinking about how still niche Fate and Type Moon in general is in the US, and how big they've grown since I first read Tsukihime.

The funny thing is, it's only been the past couple years it's really blown up. The one-two punch of the UBW TV anime and FGO launching really pushed Type-Moon into the mainstream spotlight. If anything, I wonder if that will color part 2 content and the other HF movies?

(King Hassan's foreshadowing of battles to come for 11 mil has me so goddamn hyped)

Ibram Gaunt posted:

This was literally me during 2nd Anniversary. Nightless Caster, why can't you be even a little bit good :negative:

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Well, maxed out Nobu's levels thanks to the half-off event. Okita is at 51 and we'll on her way to 60 with mats to ascend to 70. I was gonna save my dust for Emiya, but gently caress it.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

SpaceDrake posted:

Generally speaking, anyone with a single-target NP will see a ton of power from NP2, because NP2 gives your NP 25% more damage scaling and that gets crazy for people like Okita or Jack, who's up next (Quick ST NPs go from 1200 to 1600% scaling). I've been wanting NP2 for my Jack basically all year.

True, but Okita (and also Jack) want it even more than normal ST-NP servants, since they charge their NP so loving fast it basically becomes another Q-card with a fuckton of added damage.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME

SpaceDrake posted:

This was literally me during 2nd Anniversary. Nightless Caster, why can't you be even a little bit good :negative:

I got Scheherazade when she first dropped trying to get Penthesilea and thought "hey I'm already using MHXA, Finn, Seig, and Artoria how bad could she be?" Turns out pretty bad. I have Helena and Nitocris and they both just outperform her entirely, she's really only comparable to Finn in terribleness imo.

Unrelated, the tickets on JP got me Medusa Lily and Ishtar! I sank a ton of quartz for Ishtar before so this is great, plus I get to complete the Medusa trifecta.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Wuxi posted:

True, but Okita (and also Jack) want it even more than normal ST-NP servants, since they charge their NP so loving fast it basically becomes another Q-card with a fuckton of added damage.

you aren't tempting me from my quartz stash this time, satan

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

SpaceDrake posted:

The funny thing is, it's only been the past couple years it's really blown up. The one-two punch of the UBW TV anime and FGO launching really pushed Type-Moon into the mainstream spotlight. If anything, I wonder if that will color part 2 content and the other HF movies?

I rather hope not since they gave themselves that freedom in the first place by going with a movie format. I really liked how they handled the first movie too, so I have hopes that they'll do justice to the rest unlike the latter half of ubw.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
can't believe the only thing i got from saving up for months on this was the wrong gold lancer, especially since i haven't gotten anything of note the entire time so far

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

SpaceDrake posted:

I mean, those 11 million JP downloads gotta come from somewhere. And tbf, Mecha Eli is pretty much a super robot and Mecha Godzilla reference, so I'm not surprised kids love her.

I mean yes but a few years ago you'd ask a child in japan the same question and they would say whatever Idol game was popular then and they'd know nothing about super robots and godzilla

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

TM will get us Great-hen at last

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I've cleared the points, but I'm still farming to get all the loving pages and stuff.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
Unless you desperately need pages/babies/gears within the next month - or you have loads of event CEs - you should switch to the half AP dailies rather than farming Gudaguda for them. The drop rates just aren't that great.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I still need to clear the last ten claws. :(

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

NRVNQSR posted:

Unless you desperately need pages/babies/gears within the next month - or you have loads of event CEs - you should switch to the half AP dailies rather than farming Gudaguda for them. The drop rates just aren't that great.

Alright. The lure of rare mats is weaker than my boredom.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Gologle posted:

Alright guys, until Friday when I get paid again I'm done with the gacha. After getting Scathach in my first 10 roll with my saved up quartz, I decided "eh gently caress it, I had $400 stored away specifically for spending on Servants I really liked, so gently caress it, let's try to get Fragments of 2030." I stopped before I hit $200, because a wave of self awareness hit me like a freight train and I couldn't justify spending more money for a single card (at least until Friday). Here are my results:

Thank you for funding FGO for us.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Man her art is weird.

I rolled Medea lilly x2 :| Debating using those gift cards I was storing for a chance at best lancer.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

Finally damage: 1270 SQ

Scathach
Altera
Waver
Artoria NP1/2
Medusa Lily NP1/2/3/4/5/6
EMIYA NP4/5/6
Marie NP3/NP4
Atalante NP3
Anne&Mary NP1/NP2
Sumanai
Tamamo Cat NP2
Chevalier d'Eon NP2
Liz NP4
Fragment of 2030 (11x)

UchihaHirou fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Nov 22, 2017

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I caved and did an impulse pull on the 5* banner. Got a Jeanne, which is cool, and my fourth Tamamo Cat. She's the first 4* I've gotten to NP4, and I will reward her by making her my second grail target, after I grail Medusa.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
What percentage gain on CE XP do you get from the XP bomb thing, assuming no GS/SS? It seems like a hassle but it's gonna end up being like double XP it's not that bad.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

UchihaHirou posted:

Finally damage: 1270 SQ

Scathach
Altera
Waver
Artoria NP1/2
Medusa Lily NP1/2/3/4/5/6
EMIYA NP4/5/6
Marie NP3/NP4
Atalante NP3
Anne&Mary NP1/NP2
Sumanai
Tamamo Cat NP2
Chevalier d'Eon NP2
Liz NP4
Fragment of 2030 (11x)

I'm pretty sure that you have whaled more on one banner than I have during the entirety of my time with F/GO JP.

Hope you enjoy Shishou, though! That NP is pretty good for London and E Pluribus, at least.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Of course I get NP3 Artoria on the paid gacha and gently caress all else. But hey at least when I get flooded by more of them I can use the spirit origins to trade for a different 5*. I almost forgot about the extra support pages so now my pals don't have to fight for space anymore.

Blight Runner
May 3, 2009
Quartz to reward ratio was a bit rough this time. 150 spent and got Marie NP2, 2030, K-scope, and Medea Lily. The rest was your smattering of CE's and 3* servants. At least I have all 3 Gorgons. Since Scathach eludes me, gonna treat good dog to another order of octuplet crystals. I'm gonna save for the next limited waifu. :sigh:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

To clear something up, the rateup schedule in the OP says the following on the 1st anniversary paid gacha:

quote:

In addition, a two-time 10-roll with paid Quartz can be performed.
It can be performed once for the class group Saber-Archer-Lancer-Ruler, and once for Rider-Caster-Berserker-Assassin.
A minimum of 1 5* Servant from the classes in the group is guaranteed in each 10-roll performed this way.
but everywhere else I've read/heard that it's a one-time, pick-a-pool deal. I'm assuming that's the case, but would appreciate if anyone knew for sure.

Miltith75
Oct 29, 2011
Paid Gacha only got me a second Waver. Did manage to get a 2030 in the Scath gacha. No new servants but that means all exp will (in theory) be dedicated to maxing out my current servants.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Taciturn Tactician posted:

What percentage gain on CE XP do you get from the XP bomb thing, assuming no GS/SS? It seems like a hassle but it's gonna end up being like double XP it's not that bad.

It doesn't increase exp gain, it decreases the QP cost

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Motto posted:

To clear something up, the rateup schedule in the OP says the following on the 1st anniversary paid gacha:

but everywhere else I've read/heard that it's a one-time, pick-a-pool deal. I'm assuming that's the case, but would appreciate if anyone knew for sure.

edit: whoops, I misread this

Oh Snapple! fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Nov 22, 2017

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Oh right, I also forgot to say that I got Vlad during the rolls for Scathach and I got Drake from the paid ten roll. So I have my premier door farmer and 2/3rd of the arts meta.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
So the paid banner got me.... NP2 Jeanne...

I mean, that is kind of the one servant I didn’t want to see in that pull.
I was really hoping to see either Okita or Drake. Maybe that hope is what doomed me.

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

Got Waver from the paid 10-roll, and Medea Lily from two 10-rolls on the Scathach banner. I should probably be happier than I am w/ Waver, since he's new and pretty useful from what I understand, but I can't help but feel somewhat trolled since Tamamo, the other Caster, was who I really wanted. And also the game still gives me nothing above a 3* for a saber. But it wasn't a dupe of Jeanne or Vlad, at least. On the other rolls, I'm ok w/ Medea Lily as she's also new. Would've liked Scathach or this 2030 CE, but not willing to whale again until I get another shot at Tamamo.

So, I know a very good arts team is Vlad/Jeanne/Tamamo, would Vlad/Jeanne/Waver be close or better?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Motto posted:

Yeah, it's one pool or the other, not both. The schedule's text is copied from the wikia, which is a bad translation; the original Japanese news page is unambiguous.

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Sssh! Be vewy vewy quiet. It's wabbit season.

Mason Dixon posted:

So, I know a very good arts team is Vlad/Jeanne/Tamamo, would Vlad/Jeanne/Waver be close or better?

Waver isn’t really worse per se, honestly. He can take either the slot of Tamamo or Jeanne, depending on the situation; in general, waver brings more offense to the table where tamamo and Jeanne both bring more defense and stall. The nice thing about Waver is he brings a crit damage buff and a broad attack buff, which helps Vlad use his stars (and the stars from Jeanne’s first skilll)from his NP and his buster cards. Tamamo brings more NP charge and Arts buff, which means combined they have a lot of offense, and Jeanne brings a full invincibility and more stall. Tbh since you can always (excepting Shimosa...)bring a friend Tamamo I’d say that Waver is just as good, and will help non Arts teams as well.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Taciturn Tactician posted:

You'll gain a miniscule amount from shoving level 10s into a lower level whatever, but the main reason to do it is to save a little bit of QP like Suaimhneas mentioned and to be honest to give you something to do with all of those useless 1-3* CEs all of us have to deal with.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Saw this on reddit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-3BmDTnQgI

That is the type of pull that makes you wonder if the gacha might be rigged, holy poo poo.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
JP players, with both being at the same level, which is better, Medea Lily or Irisviel? I have this NP5 Lily, but I don't really want to use her since her damage seems really low.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Pureauthor posted:

You're supposed to Hassan and Cu it to death, not cut it down bit by bit.

Thats what I was doing. Death was not willing to proc.
I'm just glad its over.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Retcon posted:

Saw this on reddit:

That is the type of pull that makes you wonder if the gacha might be rigged, holy poo poo.

:bisonyes:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I just spent a full AP bar trying to defeat the Gorgon trio in Waver’s last interlude. Any tips?

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

O-Okay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Retcon posted:

Saw this on reddit:

Seriously, the odds of that happening like that have got to be pretty loving low.