Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
A pub carried me through one down goat sim with an unscoped grom.

I consider this a success.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

OD streak update:

I crashed on the boat of birth to sky :saddowns:

On the other hand i carried a fresh 0 infamy level 50 pub on OD hotline miami, so it balances out.

Update: finally did The Bomb: Forest on OD, and it ended on a glorious Three Stooges+Shemp comedy of errors of chain hostage trading each other as we threw bomb parts into the helicopter and limping away with swan song, and before that it was hiding in the bomb car for 10 minutes waiting for the wave to end.

EorayMel fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Nov 16, 2017

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I really don't think Bomb: Forest deserves the bad rap it gets BUT it definitely wasn't made to be a sensible map for OD.

I finally got the drat game working again and Diamond Heist feels real faithful to the original, minus spending 5 minutes at a time under the stairwell getting your poo poo pushed in. How's Green Bridge?

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I really don't think Bomb: Forest deserves the bad rap it gets BUT it definitely wasn't made to be a sensible map for OD.

It's almost easier because all the holding out in whatever cover you can find keeps you from accidentally knocking yourself down jumping too far.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Nehru the Damaja posted:

225 damage at almost 100 accuracy with no damage drop-off. It means any map with wide spaces on OD just turns into cursing at whatever pixel cop 1-shot you.

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.
For Bomb: Forest, there's almost no chance of completing the heist on OD if the vault is on an exposed spot high on the slope. But the worst thing about it is that the entire map is slanted, which can really strain the eyes.

Diamond Heist is relatively easy. The only real dicey part is moving the bags one-by-one by zipline in the very exposed garden surrounded on 3 sides by enemies.

Green Bridge offers long sight-lines for high-damage, high-accuracy policemen, but there's plenty of cover behind all the stopped cars. The escape - which used to be incontestably the most difficult of all the heists on PDTH - is far easier with fire rounds and/or flashbangs. The hardest part is managing the 4 rather widely separated drills at the start.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

:siren: I did it. :siren:

Notable highlights I can recall:

Lab Rats was done on the second attempt, and also the last one finished. First one went well but somebody threw the wrong bag into the wrong bong. Second one went surprisingly well.

Bomb Forest had an unhealthy amount of butt-clenching, including chain-trading each other to throw in the pieces. I would rather do Goat Sim one down again than that poo poo. Speaking of, Goat Sim probably took the most retries of loud heists. Most retries for stealth was Hoxton Revenge. That heist is just a big pile of poo poo for me.

Honorable mention: The most tedious one was Train Heist solo stealth. 53 minutes and 25 seconds. Never. Again. :suicide:
---

But now I never need to touch One Down ever again. Any (un)ironic suggestions on what to paint this loving thing?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Whatever material, pattern and colour you happen to have the most of. OD's all about ugly maximums - why not your mask?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
I suggest paisley.

Out of curiosity, did you use the Vox Trick on Lab Rats?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Discendo Vox posted:

I suggest paisley.

Out of curiosity, did you use the Vox Trick on Lab Rats?

I don't know what that is.

Discendo Vox posted:

Short version? you can jump up the geometry in several specific places in the heist, letting you get to the upper level and place ingredients without using the incredibly dangerous ziplines. This makes it much safer and easier.

We all used the ziplines, we didn't do much geometry jump climbing except for trying to revive people to hit the inspire distance threshold.

EorayMel fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Nov 19, 2017

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

EorayMel posted:

I don't know what that is.

Short version? you can jump up the geometry in several specific places in the heist, letting you get to the upper level and place ingredients without using the incredibly dangerous ziplines. This makes it much safer and easier.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Nov 19, 2017

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

So uh... Diamond Heist is stupid easy on One Down if you just restart until you get the spawn near the courtyard.

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.

Nehru the Damaja posted:

So uh... Diamond Heist is stupid easy on One Down

Yes, it really is. No matter where the spawn of whatever is. Nice and compact indoor heist, relatively intuitive layout and escape on the roof which has plenty of cover.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I meant solo stealth, really. The spawn by the courtyard gives you a straight shot out of the vault to the courtyard where you can just jumpshot the bags into the waiting exit point.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

EorayMel posted:

:siren: I did it. :siren:

Notable highlights I can recall:

Lab Rats was done on the second attempt, and also the last one finished. First one went well but somebody threw the wrong bag into the wrong bong. Second one went surprisingly well.

Bomb Forest had an unhealthy amount of butt-clenching, including chain-trading each other to throw in the pieces. I would rather do Goat Sim one down again than that poo poo. Speaking of, Goat Sim probably took the most retries of loud heists. Most retries for stealth was Hoxton Revenge. That heist is just a big pile of poo poo for me.

Honorable mention: The most tedious one was Train Heist solo stealth. 53 minutes and 25 seconds. Never. Again. :suicide:
---

But now I never need to touch One Down ever again. Any (un)ironic suggestions on what to paint this loving thing?

I went with Bone material red/red and the rising sun for my Jiro-themed One Down mask, after trying a similar plastic white/red rising sun with the Death Wish version.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Console player rejoice: Content update coming within a week.
PC players rejoice: You can mildly power up one (1) friend and yourself with a vape now.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
i'm not sure rejoice is the correct word, mas

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

I like how there is still paid dlc after they released the ultimate edition.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

They always said that one - and only that one - would have to be paid for after Ultimate Edition's release.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

What the gently caress are these proportions???

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

UnknownMercenary posted:

What the gently caress are these proportions???

:stonk:

Okay, I might shell out a few bucks if this is what they look like in game so we can finally heist as slender(wo)man

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
:allears: Never change, Overkill.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
ahahhahahaha what the genuine gently caress

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
"we said we'd make the h3h3 pack, we never said we'd make it good!" -- jules, 2017

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

It's like the "male animations on female model" bug that used to happen a lot, only on a heister.

Compare against the artwork. That can't be right, can it?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

:siren:The current version of payday 2 is unstable!:siren:

There's some sort of stability bug linked to using Ethan in heists, the exact cause is unclear. Affected users will lose all ingame sound, then usually experience a freeze and full lockup a bit later. Tread lightly until a hotfix is released!

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I meant solo stealth, really. The spawn by the courtyard gives you a straight shot out of the vault to the courtyard where you can just jumpshot the bags into the waiting exit point.

I...had not thought to try throwing bags that way. Wow, that's a big game-changer. I need to take some notes for further CD restrictions.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Nov 23, 2017

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Thread poll:

1. Which traincars on Biker Heist day 2 are the most dangerous?
2. How many safes on Aftershock is too many? On mayhem and up, the current total is 12.
3. What role do you see SWAT Van turrets as best to play against: a) a sort of mini-boss that you have to wear down, or b) something to avoid? I'm specifically referring to swat vans here, not ceiling or helicopter turrets.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Nov 23, 2017

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Discendo Vox posted:

Thread poll:

2. How many safes on Aftershock is too many? On mayhem and up, the current total is 12.
3. What role do you see SWAT Van turrets as best to play against: a) a sort of mini-boss that you have to wear down, or b) something to avoid? I'm specifically referring to swat vans here, not ceiling or helicopter turrets.

1. Penultimate

2. 20

3. Avoidance.

Also theres a really stupid bug now where all your sounds just disappear halfway through a heist. I found this out the hard way through Alesso :suicide:

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

EorayMel posted:

Also theres a really stupid bug now where all your sounds just disappear halfway through a heist. I found this out the hard way through Alesso :suicide:

Could be related:

Discendo Vox posted:

:siren:The current version of payday 2 is unstable!:siren:

There's some sort of stability bug linked to using Ethan in heists, the exact cause is unclear. Affected users will lose all ingame sound, then usually experience a freeze and full lockup a bit later. Tread lightly until a hotfix is released!

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Discendo Vox posted:

Thread poll:

1) The wide-open ones, like the coal car. With the higher difficulty spawn rates, the lack of cover and being shot from both sides can get deadly really fast.
2) More than 16. When you need to do a third trip back to the same armored car to pick up, it's just an annoyance.
3) Avoidance.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Discendo Vox posted:

The one that has the barrels to move and the coal wagons. And the stupid tall one that looks like it has cover in those protusions (I can't be bothered to go and look at what this car actually is) but really you're just choosing between complete exposure to the turret or complete exposure to the cops.

Discendo Vox posted:

More than 16, as Tempest explained.

Discendo Vox posted:

I want to say "Avoid" but that might just be the part of me that rarely uses guns that can hurt a turret's final form.

maswastaken fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Nov 23, 2017

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
As an elitist console scrub I will address #3 with ECM :smugbird:

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

swims posted:

As an elitist console scrub I will address #3 with ECM :smugbird:
That would come under "avoid".

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
The final climactic showdown of Wolfenstein 3D, where BJ smacks an EMP on the side of Hitler's head and hides behind the counter waiting to escape while Hitler stands in place drooling

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

maswastaken posted:

It's like the "male animations on female model" bug that used to happen a lot, only on a heister.

Compare against the artwork. That can't be right, can it?

They look exactly the same to me, they're just shot from a different angle in a different pose there.

All of the Payday 2 character models have always had fucky proportions, those just appear to be the worst. Go and look at every single model, they all have stumpy arms at the very least. Regular-proportioned people have arms that reach to about halfway down their upper thigh, between their hip joint and knees. Payday 2 models all have arms that end just below their waistline.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Our arms evolved short to help speed our reloads up

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
RAID is insanely cheap, it's 75% off for this sale just like the rest of Payday franchise, so it's the best time to pop in for some nazi gold stealin!

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

HebrewMagic posted:

The final climactic showdown of Wolfenstein 3D, where BJ smacks an EMP on the side of Hitler's head and hides behind the counter waiting to escape while Hitler stands in place drooling

Dude, some people haven't played Wolf-TNC yet. Spoil that poo poo

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

I just realized something with a quote from Dragan when he yells at civilians:

"Stay on the ground, or I find a well and throw you in!"

Does he live up to that threat when you do dockyard stealth with a silenced judge and near the water's edge?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
you needn’t be so particular on dockyard. bain has a line or two about feeding the fishies when you throw a bodybag into the water.