Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Incoherence posted:

My MMR has dropped so much in the last year that I queued into Weedman tonight.

my mmr went from 4.7k which i'd held for quite a while to 3.4 lol but it's back up over 4 after i just spammed 1v9 mids and carries for a couple of months

wrong location to hit weedman unfortunately

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

I came back for the new patch and I think I'm 0-7 so far

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

this is now a battlerite thread but you are only allowed to complain about the overwhelming power of the sword man

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I hate it when the sword man uses his sword.

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

Neurolimal posted:

I hate it when the sword man uses his sword.

ugh me too!!!!

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:
imagine: a gun instead of a sword, and a lady instead of a man

a gun lady if you will

a witch
Jan 12, 2017

Ranked is here but no battle pass :(

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://twitter.com/NigmaNoname/status/933436176375209985

loving heralds ruining my games

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

after playing around 70 hours of this game in the past 3 weeks, i can now confidently say that i slightly understand the game once more. also it has completely hosed up my life

i'm ready for the new ranked season

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Minorkos posted:

after playing around 70 hours of this game in the past 3 weeks, i can now confidently say that i slightly understand the game once more. also it has completely hosed up my life

It took me over 2000 hours to realize that the occasional fun game wasn't worth all the rage-inducing shite you have to wade through to get them. I think DOTA is the only game to make me angry enough for it to affect my mood even after I stopped playing.

So uh, see you in a few thousand hours I guess.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

i played the game a lot in like 2012 - 2015 and i'm already thousands of hours deep, 70 hours is just what it took me to understand how the game has changed in the past couple of years or so

dota actually doesn't really make me angry anymore. i'm way past that point. nowadays i get mad very rarely, and the game only affects my mood if i go on like a 10-game losing streak or something. the last game that has actually made me upset playing it is like overwatch or something

Minorkos fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Nov 23, 2017

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
auto mute the world

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

?? how can you get upset at overwatch, or even refer to it as a game, something it only is on pure technicality

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

yeah i think overwatch is actually the most a multiplayer game has ever frustrated me

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

in overwatch, the individual player is almost powerless to change the outcome of the match, and it's difficult to figure out why you're actually losing matches since it's a 1st person shooter and you can't pay attention to what your teammates are doing. and blizzard is pushing the game as a competitive game

no wonder the game has such a problem with a perpetually upset community, it's an incredibly frustrating game to play if you're playing to win. i had the most fun when i could basically 1v6 matches as genji but then all the support mains bitched on reddit and they nerfed him

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

why does this troubled poster keep calling overwatch a game?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Losing a ton of games as Rubick is worth it for that one game where you do a ton of cool poo poo and murder people with Spellsteal, then lose the game because you're still the loving brick.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Calibration has been interesting so far. First game we were down like 3-15 but everyone stayed calm and we quickly bounced back to win. The second game was super even all the way until our ancient exploded, but no one bought wards or a courier, 2 people were screaming at each other, our monkey king was refusing to use skills, and other such joys.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
hmmm, that's right, I hate this game

huh, why am i playing this

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

Cabbit posted:

Losing a ton of games as Rubick is worth it for that one game where you do a ton of cool poo poo and murder people with Spellsteal, then lose the game because you're still the loving brick.

I know the feeling, rubick is my favorite hero to play but i was stuck with a lower than 50% win rate no matter how hard I tried :negative:

eventually I just learned to pick enigma and gently caress off to the jungle so someone else can be the poor support bastard instead

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

ThePeavstenator posted:

imagine: a gun instead of a sword, and a lady instead of a man

a gun lady if you will

noob

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Since when did slardar get 700 ms in river during sprint

Minorkos posted:

My peak MMR was 5k and my typical MMR was around 4k, I ended the previous season around 3.8k due to massive tilting. I've lost all 3 of my qualifier games so far.

looking forward to recalibrating at whatever the equivilent to 2k is. :toot:

uninverted
Nov 10, 2011

Here are what the new ranks mean in terms of mmr if anyone is curious.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

turboraton posted:

BIG PLAAAAAAAAAAAAYS

Real talk Dota destroys IRL friendships if you try to have a normal game instead of just having some kicks. A good friend of mine wanted me to play dota (I even dodged a Henron invite because of it) and he proceeded to 'support' me by picking pit lord, autoattacking creeps AND using firestorm on creeps (later he stated that it was his intention to hit heroes).

Oh, you're friends with Wangsbig IRL?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

uninverted posted:

Lmao at my 3.3k poo poo being referred to as "Legend".

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011

uninverted posted:

oh good now people can call me a legend shitter instead of a 3k shitter

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

IncendiaC posted:

leg shitter

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

turboraton posted:

(I even dodged a Henron invite because of it)

Highly recommend

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

Death Bot posted:

Highly recommend

agree

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I can't advise dodging, javelins are just too powerful atm

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

IncendiaC posted:

I'll be your Guardian for those mean comments.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Seems legit, I was in the Archon range before the change and that's what I am now.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
this new rank system is so hosed, i recommend staying away while everyone gets rid of their question mark

I am playing with people who are saying they were rated 4K before, and people who are asking how you buy things

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

ElGroucho posted:

this new rank system is so hosed, i recommend staying away while everyone gets rid of their question mark

I am playing with people who are saying they were rated 4K before, and people who are asking how you buy things
That sounds like 2k alright

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

ElGroucho posted:

im sure a lot of people started playing ranked again that didn't play it before or were boosted or are lying.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
which one of you mugs did I just play with that insisted on playing Witch Doctor mid

Mr. Bill
Jan 18, 2007
Bourgeoisie Pig

ElGroucho posted:

which one of you mugs did I just play with that insisted on playing Witch Doctor mid

I am Spartacus. (But for real lmao you got wrecked)

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
I'm a 5 star Legend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Boy if they thought this system would reduce toxicity it sure as gently caress didn't. Got told I was poo poo by some guy who was Archon 1 because I was Archon 0.