Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!

Post 9-11 User posted:

Vigilantism is a crime. People such as bounty hunters are permitted to do ... lots of things.

"Lynching" someone is a crime. Uncle Sam may not be real, but it is not okay to depict him being executed in public. Even in cartoon form.

Holy gently caress are these people morons.

Please keep :justpost:ing

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Post 9-11 User, I think you need to take a rest

sit down somewhere, drink some water, maybe look at some cat videos

Lubchansky is my spirit animal, but Bors did this joke better

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Post 9-11 User posted:

Vigilantism is a crime. People such as bounty hunters are permitted to do ... lots of things.

"Lynching" someone is a crime. Uncle Sam may not be real, but it is not okay to depict him being executed in public. Even in cartoon form.

Holy gently caress are these people morons.

This might sound tired, but you seem really upset about this. Maybe you should take a break from the thread/the internet in general, breathe, and take any medications you need.

I hope you feel better soon!

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Have an incisive Thanksgiving!

Grandpa's really eyeballing that turkey.

They're just upset that it isn't fried and on a stick.

Looks like the check from Sputnik cleared.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

T-man posted:

This might sound tired, but you seem really upset about this. Maybe you should take a break from the thread/the internet in general, breathe, and take any medications you need.

I hope you feel better soon!

I sent him some thoughts and prayers.

:angel:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Sandpuppy posted:

Have an incisive Thanksgiving!
That's one smug turkey. I guess not only have they been pardoned, but they got hired by DreamWorks to star on their next movie poster.

What is that one about? Charlie Manson? Charlie Hebdo? Charlie Foxtrot?

Sandpuppy posted:

Looks like the check from Sputnik cleared.
The brunette is right. AGC.

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Post 9-11 User posted:

William Jefferson Clinton, former President of the USA.

He NEVER raped ANYONE EVER.

Unlike DONALD TRUMP... women DESIRED BILL.

Holy gently caress, gently caress THIS CARTOONIST. gently caress OFF FOREVER.

The cartoonist, not you. :h:

Oh word?

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Cat Mattress posted:

What is that one about? Charlie Manson? Charlie Hebdo? Charlie Foxtrot?

are you kidding? Is this a bit?

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

I mean, no? They don't?

How the gently caress do you get owned by your own strawwoman?

lost old man
Nov 4, 2009

I AM HUNGER.
I FEED.
that turkey is super into that dude's gooch

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

TheBigAristotle posted:

An old one I missed:

Won't someone PLEASE think of the yacht builders and au pairs of the world???

It's astounding that this is not an edit to make him look dumb. This is the real deal. No modification required.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Hmm...that's a surprisingly good cartoon from her. I know she probably means it in a "Democrats can't wait to impeach MY PRESIDENT", but it's extremely easy to read it as "good things are worth waiting for".

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Got a giggle while reading issue 3 of last years Hellblazer reboot. Constantine put 20.000 quid on Boris Johnson's Knob btw.

It's nice to see that at least some mainstream comics are still willing to slag off real world politicians.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Pants Donkey posted:

Now you too can make political cartoons the Bob Gorrell™ way!

Like...this is probably how he actually makes his cartoons.

The joke is that this is the most effort he's actually put into making a cartoon.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

I like the implication that the poor woman forced to work on Thanksgiving is the one ruining it.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

corn in the bible posted:

you know, having a publisher gets you marketing and other important things so that people actually buy your game. thats like asking why you'd sell a manuscript when you could put it on the kindle and make ten bucks

Yep, I have a friend who's tried to self-publish (with some support from another friend), and it's gone about as well as you say there.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

Think someone pointed this out but unless you ACTUALLY don't know what the protests are about, this is an incredibly horrid opinion. "Protesting things make people want to do them more! You want to protest cops killing blacks and getting away with it? Guess that means people will do it more then!"

So how many Keurigs did this chud go out and smash before buying a new one/beg Hannity to buy him one?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Lodin posted:

Got a giggle while reading issue 3 of last years Hellblazer reboot. Constantine put 20.000 quid on Boris Johnson's Knob btw.

It's nice to see that at least some mainstream comics are still willing to slag off real world politicians.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Don't give them ideas...

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Looks like pro-neutrality cartoons aren't immune from "this cartoonist has no idea how net neutrality works"

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

cheetah7071 posted:

Looks like pro-neutrality cartoons aren't immune from "this cartoonist has no idea how net neutrality works"

"Rich guy fucks you over" seems pretty accurate.

Cpt.Americant
Mar 30, 2010

I actually appreciate it when people like him just cut to the chase: they are afraid that one day white people will be treated the way white people treated others. No hiding in some kind of "but our culture" or any nonsense like that, just an admission that white people hosed over minorities so obviously minorities will gently caress over white people the same way. They think they're making a good point but they're just admitting to all the things we've said about them and their racism.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

cheetah7071 posted:

:iiaca: not an illustration.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Iron Crowned posted:

I like the implication that the poor woman forced to work on Thanksgiving is the one ruining it.

And that Kelly is eating alone at a fast food restaurant for Thanksgiving.:v:

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

cheetah7071 posted:

Eh, it still works if you interpret it as saying “net neutrality makes rich rear end in a top hat ISPs play by the rules, show common courtesy, etc.”

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the state of the Brexit negotiations – Following the collapse of coalition talks, Angela Merkel has domestic issues to sort. To think she could magic a UK-friendly Brexit solution is fanciful"

Telegraph:

Budget 2017 UK: Philip Hammond to announce new 'millennial' railcards for under 30s

Independent:

Times:

Jungle explorer Benedict Allen tells of malaria and tribal wars

Evening Standard:

Mail:
Mac on... Cancer screening at supermarkets

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

gowb posted:

are you kidding? Is this a bit?

It wasn't until reading this page of cartoons that I even heard the news about Charlie Rose. It can be hard to keep up with the parade of sex offenders at the moment. Granted I'm not American so I barely knew who the guy was in the first place.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

The hell did Uncle Sam jump off to hang himself?

SeANMcBAY posted:

And that Kelly is eating alone at a fast food restaurant for Thanksgiving.:v:

His son did just go through a painful divorce, and he still doesn't care.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

:stonk: No, not David Crosby! Why do I always find out...

...oh. Never mind.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Angepain posted:

It wasn't until reading this page of cartoons that I even heard the news about Charlie Rose. It can be hard to keep up with the parade of sex offenders at the moment. Granted I'm not American so I barely knew who the guy was in the first place.

This.

Think about your international audience, Ramierez!

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Starshark posted:

Think about your international audience, Ramierez!

god, please no. Ramirez's hot takes on politics that only affect me indirectly are bad enough.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

It's a pretty crappy cartoon, so I don't blame people for not understanding it. "His name is Charlie Rose, so I drew a rose! Get it? Another Pulitzer, please!"

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Mermaid Autopsy
Jun 9, 2001

Cat Mattress posted:

:iiaca: not an illustration.

Those Fuckers (in a car)
Our poo poo

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

What the gently caress is with that black and white girl?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

That's from Clarissa, a comic about child molestation... from the victim's POV.

To say it's rather depressing is putting it mildly.

• Locked thread