Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I didn't get stabby lady. (again)

I'm counting on all you people on my friend's list to come through!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

a kitten posted:

I need to farm embers to level mine up, she's still only level 1, but, I'll put her in my support slot.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

the_steve posted:

Seriously, the odds of that happening like that have got to be pretty loving low.
I love how it even play the same 'silver card turning to gold' animation for both of them, it's perfect.

a kitten posted:

I added a bunch of people from this thread so we might already be friends, but if you still need someone with Scathach, I have mine leveled to 80 (still need to level her skills though, all my gems went to Liz).

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
I've got exactly one Shishou in my friends list, same person who's blessed my list with a high level Drake for a while so I'm optimistic they'll have her leveled up soon.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Retcon posted:

I love how it even play the same 'silver card turning to gold' animation for both of them, it's perfect.

I added a bunch of people from this thread so we might already be friends, but if you still need someone with Scathach, I have mine leveled to 80 (still need to level her skills though, all my gems went to Liz).

Just added ya.

chlorophylls
May 8, 2013

I'm gonna kill you.

Slightly disappointed because I was hoping for Okita, but at least it wasn't NP2 Waver. And Lancelot following literally right after her is only too fitting.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Man, Cu and Scathach's animations are like night and day. Why couldn't she have taught him some of those moves?

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

RMZXAnarchy posted:

I've got exactly one Shishou in my friends list, same person who's blessed my list with a high level Drake for a while so I'm optimistic they'll have her leveled up soon.

you might have more! i just pulled her last night but she's not my support because i have ZERO xp lying around after the marathon of event missions

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

a kitten posted:

I know you are on my friend list so you can look forward to her when I can level her up...someday.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

Kay Kessler posted:

Man, Cu and Scathach's animations are like night and day. Why couldn't she have taught him some of those moves?

He'll get them eventually. Decided to blow all my quartz because I am impatient and got 0 Scathach's and 4 2030's. I went and tested caster Liz, Hans and Jeanne with them and it was raining crits for days.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Kay Kessler posted:

Just you wait. Hopefully not too long, either.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Yeah I need to finish up the chawans in GUDAGUDA before jumping headfirst into hand farming. I only just cleared the hiragumos, and I don't think I can get to Void Dust in time, so I'll just get the Octuplet crystals and the rest of the pages.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I basically need to farm enough chawans for 8 void dust or w/e and then I think I'm done with what I'm willing to do for this event. Have 12 hearts stocked up along with 20 chaos claws to split between ascending Scathach and max ascending Herc. Could technically use the gears for Emiya, but with Nobu right there with free ascensions it's kind of hard to care about prioritizing those - especially since I accomplished my main goal of max ascending Nero with what I did buy of them.

Gonna farm the hell out of some hands, tho. I didn't drop that money to let Scathach sit at 1.

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

In the wrong hands, the stapler is a deadly weapon.

Went ahead with the paid gacha, since the only 5* I had on there was a NP1 Vlad, and even this game wouldn't be cruel enough to give me a 2nd one as my guaranteed. Ended up getting an Orion which, while I already have a Gil as my only other 5*, was fine. At least I'm pretty much set for Archers now.

...And then against all odds I get an Altria. My first 5* Saber? Yes, please. Anyways, I think that used up all my luck until the new year.

Edit: Tried one free 10-roll on the Scathach banner. Utter garbage as expected, save for a Fergus to add to my collection.

Nick Biped fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Nov 23, 2017

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Is Scathach actually dead btw, or did she just stroll down from the shadowlands to say hello?

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Wuxi posted:

Is Scathach actually dead btw, or did she just stroll down from the shadowlands to say hello?

She can't die! Since she kills gods she no longer counts as a mortal and that was she says she can understanding wanting to die and not being able to about the shadows of death

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Wuxi posted:

The latter.

Got Tamamo from the gSSR banner, which is cool because she's one of the few new servants I could have gotten out of it.

Shishou came home 210 quartz later, on the same roll as my second 2030. Didn't get a single SR servant out of it, weirdly.

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Sssh! Be vewy vewy quiet. It's wabbit season.

Wuxi posted:

The game goes into detail as it goes on that the Throne of Heroes isn't exactly an afterlife, and that heroic spirits aren't all dead people. characters like Nursery Rhyme exemplify this, but Heroic Spirits can exist even before they were ever born because the Throne doesn't care about reality as mortals are trapped by.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Also with all the different kinds of Saber we have in this game I wish one of them used Avalon as her NP. I'm not sure how, since its supposed to be hilariously broken, but I still want to see it in action

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

BlondRobin posted:

The game goes into detail as it goes on that the Throne of Heroes isn't exactly an afterlife, and that heroic spirits aren't all dead people. characters like Nursery Rhyme exemplify this, but Heroic Spirits can exist even before they were ever born because the Throne doesn't care about reality as mortals are trapped by.

While this is true, Scathach is one of the exceptions in that she literally should not be capable of becoming a Servant because she cannot die, and thus will never go to the Throne of Heroes at any point. F/GO is a weird qualified exception due to the entirety of human history itself getting incinerated, rather than just some normal extinction level event, hitting the shadowlands along with everything else.

Randomzx
Jul 26, 2007

Suaimhneas posted:

It doesn't increase exp gain, it decreases the QP cost

You do gain 10% bonus XP from the accumulated XP the fodder have. Thus, to be efficient in actually leveling CEs, you do the reverse feeding process, where you pretty much always level up a level 1 CE with an accumulated fodder. If you want to go past level 10, you can save even more with same base type accumulated fodder to limit break and level up at the same time.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

Are the new 3 stars in the friend points banner?

Yes

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Gologle posted:

JP players, with both being at the same level, which is better, Medea Lily or Irisviel? I have this NP5 Lily, but I don't really want to use her since her damage seems really low.
Neither of those two will ever be doing any damage whatsoever. Iris full party guts is super useful but lily's cleanse helps occasionally.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
I was f2p but the paid gacha opened a door. Now I have Scathach, which is cool, but the shame I feel getting there is heavy. And since I've done it once I know I'll do it again for JAlter. Me going back and forth last night on getting Horizon Zero Dawn for $20 feels pretty silly now.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Which CEs do folks like on Scathach?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Oh Snapple! posted:

Which CEs do folks like on Scathach?
She likes quick up, critical damage up, and starting np up. Imaginary Around is probably the best for her right now. Later on Knights of Marine (quick up 10%, starting np 50% is incredible)

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Randomzx posted:

You do gain 10% bonus XP from the accumulated XP the fodder have. Thus, to be efficient in actually leveling CEs, you do the reverse feeding process, where you pretty much always level up a level 1 CE with an accumulated fodder. If you want to go past level 10, you can save even more with same base type accumulated fodder to limit break and level up at the same time.
I know what you mean, but as I understand the process it's not what really matters in the long run.

The 10% bonus is ultimately peanuts. A 1* CE is worth 1,000 by itself (far more than any one bonus you'll use in the chain to get to the bomb), and they are insanely easy to obtain a massive number of them. You might over the run of getting to a max level 1* CE worth of 2,000,000 XP save a handful of cards by taking advantage of the bonuses, but you will wind up using more QP to get to that point. Since 1* CEs and such are a dime a dozen, the question becomes which is more important? Focusing on the bonuses to save a paltry number of CEs (which you can always get more of, easily), or saving QP?

Thundersword238
Oct 15, 2012

Did 4 rolls and the paid gacha. Got away with a 2030, a LB Knight's Pride, Jeanne, Emiya, and my third Anne and Mary. Not the best, but definetly not bad at all. I've been enjoying Anne and Mary, and with 2030 and Knights Pride, she's become a crit machine. Her NP is easier to spam too. And I've never gotten Jeanne in JP, so I'll enjoy using her with Waver and Asterios.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Wuxi posted:

She's dead-dead, because her home burned with everything else. (Same with Seiba)

They stop being dead once history stops being a flaming pile of quantum foam.

Randomzx
Jul 26, 2007

Nate RFB posted:

I know what you mean, but as I understand the process it's not what really matters in the long run.

The 10% bonus is ultimately peanuts. A 1* CE is worth 1,000 by itself (far more than any one bonus you'll use in the chain to get to the bomb), and they are insanely easy to obtain a massive number of them. You might over the run of getting to a max level 1* CE worth of 2,000,000 XP save a handful of cards by taking advantage of the bonuses, but you will wind up using more QP to get to that point. Since 1* CEs and such are a dime a dozen, the question becomes which is more important? Focusing on the bonuses to save a paltry number of CEs (which you can always get more of, easily), or saving QP?

Except the reverse feeding process basically only need the lowest amount of QP to do, since you are basically leveling the level 1 CE each time so the cost doesn't increase.

You typically do the process until your accumulated XP reached the first limit break level, since after that point you would have to invest in more of the same card to go further. Unlike the first limit break feeding which levels and limit break at the same time.

Again, the XP bonus is based on the TOTAL accumulated XP of the entire lot.

If you want to get most out of bonus XP, the stopping point would be around 2 star (level 25), or 3 star (level 30)

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Kyte posted:

She's dead-dead, because her home burned with everything else. (Same with Seiba)

They stop being dead once history stops being a flaming pile of quantum foam.

Actually this makes me think, whats it like outside of the Chaldea facility? I know there is some kind of reality marble-esque protective barrier around the facility, but is it still a snowy mountain or is it just an incinerated hellscape in the immediate area? Gotta be depressing looking out the windows (assuming Chaldea HAS windows anyways...).

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I'm gonna level up my Hercules and Carmilla, see if that team works next time.

"I'm putting together a special team. We're gonna be doing one thing: killing Gorgons."

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Randomzx posted:

Except the reverse feeding process basically only need the lowest amount of QP to do, since you are basically leveling the level 1 CE each time so the cost doesn't increase.

You typically do the process until your accumulated XP reached the first limit break level, since after that point you would have to invest in more of the same card to go further. Unlike the first limit break feeding which levels and limit break at the same time.

Again, the XP bonus is based on the TOTAL accumulated XP of the entire lot.

If you want to get most out of bonus XP, the stopping point would be around 2 star (level 25), or 3 star (level 30)
Bonus XP is just from its level, I thought? The accumulated XP is just a mass along for the ride.

In the end I don't think it matters too much, you're saving QP by having fewer fusions to make the 1* bomb one way or another. So long as you're always feeding the fodder to lower level CEs, rather than the other way around, you save QP/XP. I think you and I are more or less talking about the same thing, it's just a matter of semantics.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Actually this makes me think, whats it like outside of the Chaldea facility? I know there is some kind of reality marble-esque protective barrier around the facility, but is it still a snowy mountain or is it just an incinerated hellscape in the immediate area? Gotta be depressing looking out the windows (assuming Chaldea HAS windows anyways...).

As I understand it it's a snowy mountain zone but the second you step outside the barrier you just fall over dead.

Randomzx
Jul 26, 2007

Nate RFB posted:

Bonus XP is just from its level, I thought? The accumulated XP is just a mass along for the ride.

In the end I don't think it matters too much, you're saving QP by having fewer fusions to make the 1* bomb one way or another. So long as you're always feeding the fodder to lower level CEs, rather than the other way around, you save QP/XP. I think you and I are more or less talking about the same thing, it's just a matter of semantics.

I mean to say the accumulated levels

Its different because you typically level one CE at a time to get the most out of the bonus XP. And if you are doing it with many 1 or 2 star CE, you are basically racking up multiple instances of bonus XP.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Welp, the paid pull gave me Orion. I can put her with Emiya and Nobu and Robin and David and only need apoximately 5 quadrillion Archer xp. And I missed the archer daily to support issues :suicide:

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

I got my first 5 star Waver!

Now I can be a happy supporter.

ZiegeDame posted:

Welp, the paid pull gave me Orion. I can put her with Emiya and Nobu and Robin and David and only need apoximately 5 quadrillion Archer xp. And I missed the archer daily to support issues :suicide:

I feel you man, i was just going "please not an archer, please not an archer!"

Broshevik
Mar 25, 2011

No Pain
RIP my scat dreams, at least I'll always have okita

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
So help me understand how the rate ups work. It sounds like the new banner changes the featured 5* each day, but on the last day all three are featured? Does this mean there's an greater chance of getting one of them on the last day, or would you have the same chance to roll [the feature] and then a 1/3 chance of getting either after that?