Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

The gun really didn’t fit on so well.

I like the helmet idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

You have to write I LUST FOR CRAB DEATH somewhere on the helmet. Dont know where you would mount crab shells on the chainsaw but im sure you can figure it out.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

My wife already thinks I'm weird so I guess it's cool.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Overdone theatrics with appropriately-overdone sound effects for a chuckle or two:

https://vtt.tumblr.com/tumblr_ozo62b84S71vnq1cr_480.mp4#_=_

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

That Windows sound. :lol:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Overdone theatrics with appropriately-overdone sound effects for a chuckle or two:

https://vtt.tumblr.com/tumblr_ozo62b84S71vnq1cr_480.mp4#_=_

If anyone wants to know about military inefficiency, show them this video.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

boop the snoot posted:

If anyone wants to know about military inefficiency, show them the marines.

ftfy.

I mean, all branches waste money, but their waste is very interesting in nature.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

mlmp08 posted:

ftfy.

I mean, all branches waste money, but their waste is very interesting in nature.

Their waste is "we exist".

Roll that poo poo into other branches that can do the same thing and are at least a little bit less rapey.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

i laughed way harder at that than I should have

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
First cider is good. I think it's at nearly 9%, slightly dry but tasty. I added the pectic enzyme at the wrong time so it didn't clear but gently caress it, it tastes the same.

Edit: Christ imgur app is a piece of poo poo on mobile now

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Nov 22, 2017

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

How long was the fermentation process? It's something like months upon months in comparison to beer right?

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/hateshaliek/status/928465216156794880

Same except I don’t smoke.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Slim Pickens posted:

First cider is good. I think it's at nearly 9%, slightly dry but tasty. I added the pectic enzyme at the wrong time so it didn't clear but gently caress it, it tastes the same.

Edit: Christ imgur app is a piece of poo poo on mobile now

Use awfull.app to upload images. Just long press (on ios no idea how on android) click [img] and then choose either camera or library. It'll upload to imgur for you.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Office is at half capacity at best today, skeleton crew with leadership. gently caress it, I'm going home at 10:30 today.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Maybe if you wanna clear it a bit more or let the flavors mellow if it has a strong sulfur taste or something, but it's about as quick as beer. I started it last month, and within 10 days fermentation was significantly slowed and basically complete at .998ish gravity. By three weeks it was stabilized, back sweetened and in a keg getting force carbonated. If I had more patience I would've let it sit in secondary longer and carb it more, but for a first cider I'm satisfied.

It was also way easier than beer because it didn't take three hours just to boil some wort. You can pitch yeast right away, or if you want it boozier get a quart of cider to 180*, dissolve sugar then add it to your batch.

I think next year I'll ask the neighbors with the neglected apple tree if I can take their apples. Its only about $40 per five gallon batch in store bought cider, but renting a press will only cost $10.

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Nov 22, 2017

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Vasudus posted:

Office is at half capacity at best today, skeleton crew with leadership. gently caress it, I'm going home at 10:30 today.

:same: except after lunch

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
My workday starts at 6 so this is like a half day for me.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

1/4th the moves today on the docks. So many people taking the long weekend.

Time to do training videos in the office until our GS handlers go home.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
I didn't take leave, but there's nothing on the schedule, so my workday was signing in online to say I'm alive, then going back to sleep.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I'm doing drill makeups this week. So I could visit family, make more money than my civie job, and avoid holiday traffic.

Not sure if I'm getting out early though. One of the advantages of my civilian job is that most of the people in the office would have hosed off by now regardless of if they have PTO to spend.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

If you SUTA without skating out early you're doing SUTA wrong

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

So there's new Trump image in the office. He's got a huge poo poo eating smile now.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

If you SUTA without skating out early you're doing SUTA wrong
Some of our people are this wonderful mix of tryhard, backstabbing, and hypocrisy.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Rouge R-3 Rack is on sale for $600 oh god I'm conflicted

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

In the spirit of Ciderchat, I feel compelled to share with you a story from my college days. It concerns when my friend and roommate tried to make cider with apples harvested in our backyard, with hilariously bad results.

A bit of background: My roommate, let’s call him Heath, has terminal ADHD, exacerbated by being a graduate of Berkeley High and all of the attendant dropping LSD and smoking weed in class. He was a super smart dude, but he would typically save all of his work for the quarter for like the last week of it, and then take a bunch of his ADHD meds and stay up for a week straight doing it all. By the end of it, he would be dressed in a kimono and having conversations with people who weren’t there. It was in this spirit that he embarked on other projects- he had like two cars up on blocks in the garage, which he would work on intensely for like three days then abandon completely for months.

Anyhow, at our house, we had an apple tree in the backyard. In late fall, the apples started to ripen and fall, so Heath gets the idea that he wants to make apple cider. He collects a huge Tupperware container’s worth of apples from the tree, and proceeds to strip down to his underwear and start stomping on the apples in the container in order to make juice.

It was this scene that I walked in on one day after class, finding my other roommates watching with a look of mild horror and amusement. After a few hours, he had stomped on enough apples to collect juice to fill three wine bottles about 2/3 full, and then decided he was bored and tired so he’d move onto the next step.

The next morning, I wake up at around 730 and walk into my kitchen. There is brown goo on top of EVERYTHING- all over the walls, the appliances, the ceiling, etc. Simply put, it looks like four or five people tucked shotguns under their chins and pulled the triggers simultaneously. I run a finger through the goop and lo and behold, it’s loving apples. I look around, and notice that the wine bottles containing the cider were all missing their corks.

I was running late for class, so I just ran over to Heath’s room, pounded on the door and yelled at him to clean up the goddamn kitchen, leaving for school wondering just what the hell had happened. When I got home several hours later, Heath was still cleaning the kitchen, but I found out what had happened- he knew that you needed yeast to affect the fermenting process, so he grabbed a bunch of baker’s yeast and poured it into the bottles, not stopping to measure the amounts or even verifying he was using the right yeast. He then corked the bottles and left them over night, and gas built up to the degree where all of the bottles basically ejected the corks and covered the kitchen with their contents. My roommate who lived next to the kitchen heard three pops during the night, but decided not to investigate.

When we moved out two years later, we were still finding loving streaks of fermented apple goop in random places.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Slim Pickens posted:

Maybe if you wanna clear it a bit more or let the flavors mellow if it has a strong sulfur taste or something, but it's about as quick as beer. I started it last month, and within 10 days fermentation was significantly slowed and basically complete at .998ish gravity. By three weeks it was stabilized, back sweetened and in a keg getting force carbonated. If I had more patience I would've let it sit in secondary longer and carb it more, but for a first cider I'm satisfied.

It was also way easier than beer because it didn't take three hours just to boil some wort. You can pitch yeast right away, or if you want it boozier get a quart of cider to 180*, dissolve sugar then add it to your batch.

I think next year I'll ask the neighbors with the neglected apple tree if I can take their apples. Its only about $40 per five gallon batch in store bought cider, but renting a press will only cost $10.

The first time I tried it it had an undrinkably strong sulfur taste.
Second time, I started it and then got deployed so when I came back 7 months later it was mellower but still sulfury.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Might be a yeast problem. Yeast ferments cleanest when it's kept around 55 to 60, or wherever the package recommends. Apparently there's other ways to get the smell out (splash rack to another container, yeast nutrient), but time also helps.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

https://www.facebook.com/UncleSamsChildren/videos/665109233685079/

Lmao

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

t

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

God I hope he makes flag rank.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

urns

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
lol Navy

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

God I hope he makes flag rank.

I guarantee he makes rear admiral.

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Not the other one, couldn't stand the other one. Nope nope nope. Here, enjoy this bird.

Goddammit. Service selection night. At USNA.

Mine was walking into a room and picking up a nuc bonus check, drinking a beer and leaving.

*quietly lets ring drop into trash*

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
That guy fucks

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
the worst place on the planet to be is in a whole foods parking lot the day before thanksgiving, during primetime after work

there were four cops sitting there

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Yesterday afternoon I witnessed a woman in a Mercedes SUV proceed to stop at the entrance to the underground parking garage of my local Whole Foods and back her vehicle into two spaces in a nearly entirely full garage. I guess you're entitled to two spots? :allears:

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
it was the whole foods in mclean so the only people with cars that cost less than 80k are the help

poo poo was terrifying

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

DoktorLoken posted:

Yesterday afternoon I witnessed a woman in a Mercedes SUV proceed to stop at the entrance to the underground parking garage of my local Whole Foods and back her vehicle into two spaces in a nearly entirely full garage. I guess you're entitled to two spots? :allears:

in philly, someone would beat her to death

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

DoktorLoken posted:

cut the valve stems

• Locked thread