Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

Lobster Harmonica posted:

Moving on though, has anyone played this game?

Looking for something to play with my brother-in-law during turkey day that doesn't burn casual players much with its difficulty.

Overcooked is excellent. It's about coordination with the other people you're playing with, not control difficulty—the only actual controls are "move, carry/drop, prepare ingredient", but the stages gently caress with you by moving stations around, having NPCs constantly walking through the middle of the kitchen area getting in your way, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Overcooked also outed a games journalist as a harassing sleazebag.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Do you guys have any tablet stands you'd recommend for the Switch? The little stand on it is so bad, they could've at least put 1 on each side.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I find the stand to be plenty secure. I just wish the viewing angle was a bit more steep.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

RatHat posted:

Do you guys have any tablet stands you'd recommend for the Switch? The little stand on it is so bad, they could've at least put 1 on each side.

While I don't have a recommendation for a single one, the inaccessible charging port using the kickstand has led to a number of stands with an opening for the charging cable. Nintendo's official one is the $12.99 Nintendo Switch Playstand from Hori.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Oh cool I didn’t know there was an official one.

empathe
Nov 9, 2003

>:|

Roadie posted:

Overcooked is excellent. It's about coordination with the other people you're playing with, not control difficulty—the only actual controls are "move, carry/drop, prepare ingredient", but the stages gently caress with you by moving stations around, having NPCs constantly walking through the middle of the kitchen area getting in your way, etc.

Did they fix it running choppy and low framerate?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Brekelefuw posted:

Has anyone got Battle Chasers?

I loved that comic when I was a kid. I was really surprised to see it brought back to life in game form almost 20 years later.

It's not out yet?

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

empathe posted:

Did they fix it running choppy and low framerate?

Yes they patched it the day after i bought it, so all we've had is great times. Oh shoot we could do that tonight

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Just finished Wolfenstein 2 and if the Switch port is as good as DOOM and you're happy with the "gimped" version it's deffo a game to look forward to. The gunplay isn't as good but Jesus Christ, that story. I'm not gonna say anything but it certainly goes places no game before has dared to. There's one scene that's probably around ten minutes long and I was laughing the whole time because of how utterly bizarre it was.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The gift that keeps on giving

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJ_wY8DA97w

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lodin posted:

Just finished Wolfenstein 2 and if the Switch port is as good as DOOM and you're happy with the "gimped" version it's deffo a game to look forward to. The gunplay isn't as good but Jesus Christ, that story. I'm not gonna say anything but it certainly goes places no game before has dared to. There's one scene that's probably around ten minutes long and I was laughing the whole time because of how utterly bizarre it was.

I just got to the america level and yep the gunplay is bad.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

DoctorWhat posted:

Overcooked also outed a games journalist as a harassing sleazebag.

I need to know more about this.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Real hurthling! posted:

I just got to the america level and yep the gunplay is bad.

What’s wrong with it? I liked it in New Order and Old Blood.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Frequent McElroy collaborator and Polygon video producer Nick Robinson got extremely loud and angry on Twitter this past summer over the quality of the Overcooked port, which led to several Women In Games coming forward about him "sliding into their DMs", abusing his power as a famous figure to solicit nudes from young women, allegedly as young as 17.

He admitted to (some of) the allegations, lost his job, and is basically an unperson.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

SeANMcBAY posted:

What’s wrong with it? I liked it in New Order and Old Blood.

They give you zero feedback about when you are getting hit except a number on screen like its 20 years ago, the unarmored enemies take a burst of gunfire and go into an hunched ouch animation instead of getting blown away and then straighten right back up and keep shooting so you feel anemic even blasting twin rifles, the fov is real narrow, the aim assist is lovely, lots of little things that were ok in a first game but just did not get improved at all.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hollywood 2017 - Everyone is a sexual deviant
Japan 2017 - Literally give schoolgirls orgasms and get them naked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PElvbns1sA

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

What the gently caress

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Norns posted:

What the gently caress
Some people like anime panties I guess.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I thought that was going to be something new rather than just another Gal Gun.

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!

DoctorWhat posted:

Frequent McElroy collaborator and Polygon video producer Nick Robinson got extremely loud and angry on Twitter this past summer over the quality of the Overcooked port, which led to several Women In Games coming forward about him "sliding into their DMs", abusing his power as a famous figure to solicit nudes from young women, allegedly as young as 17.

He admitted to (some of) the allegations, lost his job, and is basically an unperson.

I was wondering what happened to Cool Games Inc

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Samurai Sanders posted:

Some people like anime panties I guess.

Pantsu :rolleyes:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

All those girls are trying to sexually predate on the player character so shooting them with the orgasm gun is actually...

:goonsay:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

This year I learned where the broiler was in my oven and how to use it, I had thought for years it was just a storage drawer

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Jesus Christ why even post that video in the switch thread?

E: Jesus Christ is that a console game?

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Shut down video games

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Galgun is an old and well known perv series

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Okay sure

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

This year I learned where the broiler was in my oven and how to use it, I had thought for years it was just a storage drawer

Doesn't help that in many ovens that's exactly what it is.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Real hurthling! posted:

Much like the Alabama GOP :rimshot:

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

Oh, it's known, that makes it okay then

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

At least post the new Senran Kagura or something

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Doki Doki Literature Club should be on Switch.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Supercar Gautier posted:

Lmao

Go watch jeff gerstman play it with a picture in picture of his face making creepy expressions

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Jeff Gutsman

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I'm getting upset over a perv game but I play Overwatch constantly.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZmpR5_JwYg

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

People were wondering recently about not receiving a survey for Octopath Traveler. I was just looking at info on it through the Switch and it says that you'll receive a survey if you have opted into emails (I think through the Nintendo eShop).

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Supercar Gautier posted:

That makes it not surprising. Gal*Gun started on the 360 and has always been exactly that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy

SeANMcBAY posted:

Doki Doki Literature Club should be on Switch.

they would have to make a lot of weird concessions to even make that work

e: also maybe I can get some help here since there's literally no guides on this game yet... been playing Battle Chef Brigade and I'm doing the final puzzle for Belchior on July 30 and it's been driving me up a drat wall. I just can't figure out the order I need to rotate gems in order to get the points I need before breaking any of them. Any tips? please??

psychoJ fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Nov 23, 2017

• Locked thread