Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Goredema posted:

Apropos of nothing, all the talk about Javelins reminded me that years ago, when the Star Citizen true believers were at the absolute pinnacle of Goonfear™ and Javelins sold out in seconds when they went on sale, I half-convinced some of them that goons had bought a whole handful of Javelins (presumably so we could terrorize everyone with our turgid overpriced space JPGs). I'm particularly proud of the subtle implication that in order to beat out all the devout fans hitting F5 over and over on the sales page, the goons utilized a North Korean forced-labor factory in Siberia.

Good times, good memories...

Beautiful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

Raskolnikov posted:

Cig just has a lot of blockers because what they're trying to do is unprecedented.

Don't hate just because cig is able to dream big. :colbert:

dont hate the player hate the jpeg.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
So the ship flies down. And it looks like a virtual carbon copy of an Elite ship. Wow.

I hope it sells for hundreds. I’m sure the ship is also only behind a super expensive paywall on the Elite side, and Star Citizen has to keep up.

What is something like this worth? $250? $300?

Does it punch above it’s weight??? $450!

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Goredema posted:

I'm particularly proud of the subtle implication that in order to beat out all the devout fans hitting F5 over and over on the sales page, the goons utilized a North Korean forced-labor factory in Siberia.

Good times, good memories...

My God, you can't make this stuff up.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

This is some real poo poo.

On Behalf of the Board of Trustees

XK

Information Director
Paarpman's Club Headquarters
7-11 ATM
Milky Way, Virgo Supercluster

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

no_recall posted:

Current guesses for their black friday / anniversary week sale. (in millions).

Jobbo_fett - 3.2
AutismVaccine - 3.7
Quavers - 3.7
Goredema - 9
VictorianQueerLit - 4.35
big nipples big life - 1.7
Zzr - 4.2

Did i miss anyone? Keep them coming.

Prizes are random games from Humble Bundles. Everyone is getting something at this rate.

I'll buy in then, I'll go 2.3mill

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,
Thread went full retard real quick.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
someone every 1 to 2 hours please post about how stupid this thread is, otherwise I'll forget

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Kosumo posted:

Anyway them selling land will not work, for that to work you need true persistence and a single 'universe' that does not have a hard limit on the max player count. Its a dumb idea that they will never be able to get to work in any reliable way ....... the Citizens will love it and buy in big. :homebrew:

You are aware that they're still touting an MMO, in a game that still can't hangle 8 clients without the server walking off a cliff, right? Anything is possible.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

This thread hasn't been good since the last agent post.

Probably it'll pick up in the post immediately following.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Nope. Still bad.

Maybe a bit later.

Omniblivion
Oct 17, 2012

Dusty Lens posted:

Nope. Still bad.

Still better content than Star Citizen

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

Omniblivion posted:

Still better content than Star Citizen

Oh baby the thread's back. She's back again.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

thread stupid. so what?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I love my dumb gay thread

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

no_recall posted:

Current guesses for their black friday / anniversary week sale. (in millions).

Jobbo_fett - 3.2
AutismVaccine - 3.7
Quavers - 3.7
Goredema - 9
VictorianQueerLit - 4.35
big nipples big life - 1.7
Zzr - 4.2

Did i miss anyone? Keep them coming.

Prizes are random games from Humble Bundles. Everyone is getting something at this rate.

Be brave.

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

Hobo Lando will persuade some dumb-asses to buy land.
Clifford will buy an entire moon and call it Planet Miku.
Sandi will want her very own moon and no fucker will be allowed to land on it.

Dogeh fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Nov 23, 2017

Pantsbird
Nov 12, 2017

by Lowtax
I've managed to fit 8 deskeletonized children into one SCU. They are arranged facing out from the center (they each understand they are alone). The largest ones are in the corners. Some of them will die, but it's normal so long as it doesn't happen too soon into the journey because they are Meat. Place into the refrigerated portion of the Cargo Grid that will kill the rest of them because they are Meat. Stack the partially skeletonized Slaves (bones relevant to Functions) in the corners of the hold and in the corridors so they don't occlude the Cargo Grid and prevent Commodities loading.

You are next. Duck your head so the box can close. You will be treated as Dead so the player can Respawn. Stat points are withdrawn. You don't whimper to avoid suffering the indignity of betraying distress to yourself. The box is ventilated your soul will linger for as long as possible before the Air Conditioning.

gently caress poo poo piss. Bitch bitch bitch bitch angler shunt bitch. Bitch, the children will die when they pick up the Rock. The children will die when they flee from the Rock. The albino children will be taken to be raised properly in a healthy, nurturing environment and groomed for the Professions. If the mother resists she will be put down. If the mother flees her legs will be removed.

For those Outside you have at hand at least one instrument or circumstance (a high place, a bottle of pills, a large quantity of liquor, etc) that will end you with little effort. You've known this would happen for some time. All of your responsibilities are relieved. The Org is grateful for your service.

Doody.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

ewe2 posted:

I'll buy in then, I'll go 2.3mill

1.8. Gonna be their worst sale yet.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

grimcreaper posted:

1.8. Gonna be their worst sale yet.

I'm going the "last charge of the Light Brigade" effort here.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

ewe2 posted:

I'm going the "last charge of the Light Brigade" effort here.

That didn't work out well, though. I would say $1.15 million, but I don't want any games, so someone else take it for the pool if you want it.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

God drat this star citizen situation is a real mess. loving moons man

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
My brain keeps saying 2.7. So, put me down for that.

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.
some 3.0 pics from gooncati:

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Huge selection!

This game was supposed to look good, right?

That guy totally looks like somebody should look in the 30th century.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

A Neurotic Corncob posted:

I like the Hall of Disembodied Heads, here. Really spooky

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress it, I'm going 10 million. These people are morons.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

can't see anything but the loving helmet border on the screen. it's such poo poo

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

trucutru posted:

I'd put it up there with any other 2011 game graphics-wise.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

The content locusts really ravished those stores.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

Why does that NPC look so awkward? I can't tell if its the oversized suit or empty shelves. Fidelity.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

trucutru posted:

Huge selection!

That guy totally looks like somebody should look in the 30th century.
It looks like those games made from free 3D assets merged with Crysis 2 assets

You know, for a game supposedly made to the exacting vision of a pioneering innovator of space games, it sure as gently caress looks like something slapped together to appease a person with no talent for art whatsoever that is also coked out of their mind.

Mysterious, that.

Goosfraba
Feb 26, 2016

Virtual Captain posted:

Why does that NPC look so awkward? I can't tell if its the oversized suit or empty shelves. Fidelity.

Goosfraba fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Nov 23, 2017

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

Spiderdrake posted:

You know, for a game supposedly made to the exacting vision of a pioneering innovator of space games, it sure as gently caress looks like something slapped together to appease a person with no talent for art whatsoever that is also coked out of their mind.

Mysterious, that.

If you're coked out of your mind, those costumes look loving amazing

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Toops posted:

From "Clean Code" by Robert C. Martin which is both relevant to this thread, and (imo) a must-read for any programmer, aspiring or otherwise.

"I know of one company that, in the late 80s, wrote a killer app. It was very popular, and lots of professionals bought and used it. But then the release cycles began to stretch. Bugs were not repaired from one release to the next. Load times grew and crashes increased. I remember the day I shut the product down in frustration and never used it again. The company went out of business a short time after that.

Two decades later I met one of the early employees of that company and asked him what had happened. The answer confirmed my fears. They had rushed the product to market and had made a huge mess in the code. As they added more and more features, the code got worse and worse until they simply could not manage it any longer. It was the bad code that brought the company down."

The clean coder was a bible to me at one point. Clean Code vindicated a good two decades of trial and error.

Why software projects fail is another good read.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Tokamak posted:

The content locusts really ravished those stores.

They employ the guy to slowly walk over to the delivery chute, then to bring it over to you. It’s the future, y’know.

I’ll go with 1.89 million, but only because i like the shape of the numbers.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Spiderdrake posted:

Mysterious, that.

You have to admit that a green t-shirt with an over-sized grey jacket/sweater is a perennial look. I wouldn't expect less from the sellers, that somehow have not been replaced with almost anything, in the 30th century. It goes well with the pepto-bismol pink countertop.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Pantsbird posted:

I've managed to fit 8 deskeletonized children into one SCU. They are arranged facing out from the center (they each understand they are alone). The largest ones are in the corners. Some of them will die, but it's normal so long as it doesn't happen too soon into the journey because they are Meat. Place into the refrigerated portion of the Cargo Grid that will kill the rest of them because they are Meat. Stack the partially skeletonized Slaves (bones relevant to Functions) in the corners of the hold and in the corridors so they don't occlude the Cargo Grid and prevent Commodities loading.

You are next. Duck your head so the box can close. You will be treated as Dead so the player can Respawn. Stat points are withdrawn. You don't whimper to avoid suffering the indignity of betraying distress to yourself. The box is ventilated your soul will linger for as long as possible before the Air Conditioning.

gently caress poo poo piss. Bitch bitch bitch bitch angler shunt bitch. Bitch, the children will die when they pick up the Rock. The children will die when they flee from the Rock. The albino children will be taken to be raised properly in a healthy, nurturing environment and groomed for the Professions. If the mother resists she will be put down. If the mother flees her legs will be removed.

For those Outside you have at hand at least one instrument or circumstance (a high place, a bottle of pills, a large quantity of liquor, etc) that will end you with little effort. You've known this would happen for some time. All of your responsibilities are relieved. The Org is grateful for your service.

Doody.

:eyepop:

Am I the only one that sees this? What the gently caress?

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

At least all of the showcases and displays for buying items isn't completely wasted effort that could be handled by a menu in 1/1,000,000th of the time they've spent on trying to force Chris Robert's vision of going into virtual stores into the game.

I'm convinced this was part of the problem with Freelancer since your ship would get wheeled into a hangar with an assortment of items on tables but once Roberts was fired for pushing his weird, autistic and overly complicated game design they just implemented the menus anyway. So that buying ship items ends up being slightly weird just like the dozens of empty, identical bars with NPCs sweeping or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

I am the trading Console that doesnt have anything to sell