Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I think an argument can be made for UF not being a top-10 job, but that's really getting down to arguing semantics. About the only schools I would for sure put ahead of them are Texas, Ohio State, Oklahoma, USC, Notre Dame, Bama, Miami, and Florida State. The last two simply because of more tradition/longevity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

an adult beverage posted:

Nick Saban destroyed Urbz will to live.

Seemed okay in 2014

SmellsLikeToast
Dec 30, 2005

A GREATER MAN THAN I DESERVE

an adult beverage posted:

Nick Saban destroyed Urbz will to live without Tebow.

Fixed

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I forgot LSU on that list too of arguable equals as well.

Rodan
Sep 24, 2002
Florida Gator

MourningView posted:

I know he’s said a few times that he wished he’d hired Roper from the start and that it would have saved his job but I’ve never seen the story that weis was forced on him.

I actually thought Roper did a fairly good job in his 1 year at UF given the circumstances, but things were too far gone. Muschamp may not be wrong, also assuming Roper would not forget to sign offensive linemen, unlike the actual staff.

In the current coaching custerfuck we appear to be reaching the point in the process where both UF and UCLA insiders are confident that Kelly is going to their school. Can't wait to see him at A&M next year.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Rodan posted:

I actually thought Roper did a fairly good job in his 1 year at UF given the circumstances, but things were too far gone. Muschamp may not be wrong, also assuming Roper would not forget to sign offensive linemen, unlike the actual staff.

In the current coaching custerfuck we appear to be reaching the point in the process where both UF and UCLA insiders are confident that Kelly is going to their school. Can't wait to see him at A&M next year.

I’d just like to see some resolution. I hope waiting on Kelly doesn’t void other solid opportunities for UF.

Edit: gently caress, two seconds later.

https://247sports.com/college/ucla/Article/Sources-Chip-Kelly-Has-Made-His-Decision-110912956

LeeMajors fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Nov 23, 2017

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

curried lamb of God posted:

Sumlin is a pretty good coach who can recruit very well, but Gen. Dog is right that he hasn't done a good job at developing said players (especially quarterbacks). Although I still think he deserves more time, the Mazzone hire was probably his undoing.

What you said, and add in the fact that his teams have played horribly at Kyle Field, where they should have an advantage. I forget what our home record is against the SEC, but it's real bad.

Allegedly he has been waiting to get fired the last two seasons and is ready to move on. I think you could make a case for Sumlin to be even more successful at another school as long as he doesn't bring Mazzone with him. Kliff as OC and Chavis as DC would be metal as hell, and he could romp through any other conference with those two under him. Well, maybe not B1G.

Also, none of his teams have been able to beat LSU. Every. drat. Year. Even when Miles was on the chopping block.

Overall, I'm thankful for the level to which he has taken this program. It's just clear that progress has come to a halt since his first two seasons.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

https://twitter.com/flawdagatah/status/933472052266323970

Meltdown engage

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Time for the Scott Frost sweepstakes. gently caress Nebraska I guess.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I am very Not Pleased to see Chip back in the Pac-12

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Gonna be really lovely for Oregon when Chip winds up at another PAC-12 school and then they lose Taggart to Florida

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Benne posted:

I am very Not Pleased to see Chip back in the Pac-12

:same:

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
welp, gotta hope that sources are as wrong about this as they are about chip signing with florida last sunday

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

LeeMajors posted:

I’d just like to see some resolution. I hope waiting on Kelly doesn’t void other solid opportunities for UF.

Edit: gently caress, two seconds later.

https://247sports.com/college/ucla/Article/Sources-Chip-Kelly-Has-Made-His-Decision-110912956

Link no longer works so I guess they pulled the story?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Adun posted:

Link no longer works so I guess they pulled the story?

Dog and pony show, officially.

Wouldn’t have it any other way.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
I can guarantee Hoke will not be around next year, because, he just dismissed Juan Jennings from the team. Just set the whole program on fire.

Edit: Jennings (who is by far Tennessee’s best WR, has been injured this season) just announced he is coming back next year last week. Fast forward to this week he goes on an Instagram rant about how bad the coaching staff is currently and can’t wait for the new coaches (he used some very colorful language), and Hoke kicks him off the team. The fanbase is livid, and saying it should be up to the new coach not him.

nate fisher fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Nov 23, 2017

Vice Zoomler Aestro
Apr 4, 2003
pray the rosary dawgs

nate fisher posted:

I can guarantee Hoke will not be around next year, because, he just dismissed Juan Jennings from the team. Just set the whole program on fire.

I mean, that was a guarantee regardless but still really loving stupid. And it's going to make the pressure on Currie that much worse.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Welp, gently caress. Can they add Jennings back after the new staff comes in?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

nate fisher posted:

Edit: Jennings (who is by far Tennessee’s best WR, has been injured this season) just announced he is coming back next year last week. Fast forward to this week he goes on an Instagram rant about how bad the coaching staff is currently and can’t wait for the new coaches (he used some very colorful language), and Hoke kicks him off the team. The fanbase is livid, and saying it should be up to the new coach not him.

How does Hoke even have the ability to do that as an interim coach? Can Currie override him?

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Joey Freshwater posted:

How does Hoke even have the ability to do that as an interim coach? Can Currie override him?

The word is he discussed it with Currie before doing it. I would look up Wes Rucker’s tweets right now. He is hammering the staff right now. He is talking about Butch Jones cussed out some Tennessee fans and nothing happen to him afterwards.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Lol at this poo poo rear end program

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
https://twitter.com/barstooltenn/status/933495456067407873

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Why the hell would Currie sign off on this? What a shitshow.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/cbssportscfb/status/933508176577814528

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/onlygators/status/933510388569772033

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

DJExile posted:

Paul Haynes has been fired by Kent State.

Near as I can tell it was mostly down to that. Team was doing well with him but supporting the players considering a boycott of the bowl game basically became a "with us or against us" thing as far as the athletic dept was concerned.

Watching the games, the wheels were SERIOUSLY coming off. He 100% deserved the shitcanning just for on the field. Just I think they made a bad hire to replace him.

Your persistent refusal to consider facts remains as charming as ever.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Everyone had already spent like 400 posts explaining why you are insane and delusional for continuing to push the idea that Rutgers is anything but one of the worst P5 teams historically, I don’t think anyone really needs to read it again. Congrats on owing the Pat league for a few years, everyone is very impressed

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

actually i think you'll find that Rutgers is .007 above .500!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
No I want to see these facts.

Because what I have seen they tend to be mediocre at best.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kim Jong Il posted:

Watching the games, the wheels were SERIOUSLY coming off. He 100% deserved the shitcanning just for on the field. Just I think they made a bad hire to replace him.

Your persistent refusal to consider facts remains as charming as ever.

"Facts"

"Guys, it's totally fact that Rutgers hasn't been a basement dweller for the modern football era!"

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

MourningView posted:

Everyone had already spent like 400 posts explaining why you are insane and delusional for continuing to push the idea that Rutgers is anything but one of the worst P5 teams historically, I don’t think anyone really needs to read it again. Congrats on owing the Pat league for a few years, everyone is very impressed

I thought the lol was just about Schiano not being an rear end in a top hat.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

No I want to see these facts.

Because what I have seen they tend to be mediocre at best.

This is when he tells you to google them and then ignores when the results disprove his point.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Why the hell would Currie sign off on this? What a shitshow.

The only thing that can make me happy right now is that Chippy goes to UCLA so Florida can get a bad coach like us

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Jeff Fisher to Florida

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

Randaconda posted:

Jeff Fisher to Florida

an adult beverage fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Nov 23, 2017

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

So who besides Gruden has Tennessee been looking at?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I'm joking, but the joke would be on me if he came and was actually awesome. :smith:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

KKKLIP ART posted:

So who besides Gruden has Tennessee been looking at?

I think Mullen is the 'real' #1 guy. I've also read some stuff about Patterson, Petersen, Norvell and of course Frost's name has been out there too - There was a report that they offered Kelly but he turned them down, but then another report immediately following that that said it never happened so who knows, these are all message board/twitter/whatever rumors.

The school itself has been pretty quiet overall and has been using the fervor over Gruden to take attention away from anything else they would possibly be doing. All the other guys are currently coaching somewhere so no one would be announced until after all the games are through anyway.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Joey Freshwater posted:

I think Mullen is the 'real' #1 guy.

How common is an in-conference move for a coach out of curiosity? I'm drawing a blank off the top of my head but I'm sure it has happened a ton.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Grittybeard posted:

How common is an in-conference move for a coach out of curiosity? I'm drawing a blank off the top of my head but I'm sure it has happened a ton.

It happens a lot with coordinators but that's a good point, I can think of it happening in recent memory. Saban went from LSU to Bama but there was the Miami stint in between.

• Locked thread