Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Congrats?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

DariusLikewise posted:

Jared Goff vs. Saints
Alex Smith vs. Buffalo
Case Keenum @ Detroit
Marcus Mariota @ Indy

I'm still leaning towards running Alex Smith for the rest of the season, but the last few games have not been encouraging.

I think Smith is the choice for you as well.
As for me, someone just dropped Mariota and I think I'll try to pick up him up. If successful I'd like some insight whether to play Keenum or Mariota this week. I do plan on playing Diggs and Rishard Matthews as well.

DeadMansSuspenders fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Nov 22, 2017

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Half PPR, 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1FLX/1DST. Currently 9-2 and in 1st place.

QB: Kirk Cousins
RB: Todd Gurley, Mark Ingram, Samaje Perine, Duke Johnson, Rex Burkhead
WR: Julio Jones, Stefon Diggs, Keenan Allen, Amari Cooper, Josh Doctson, Corey Davis
TE: Travis Kelce
DST: Ravens

Any moves I should be making? FantasyPros says I'm basically good to go, maybe picking up Damien Williams, Tarik Cohen, Corey Coleman, or Will Fuller. I'm debating if I should drop someone for a Week 14 pickup when Baltimore faces Pittsburgh (it's a match against my wife so I kind of want to win). Maybe the Jets since they face Paxton Lynch and/or Brock Osweiler.

Anyone looking for a good playoff stash might want to consider Washington. They face Arizona and Denver.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
.5 PPR who do I drop to move Olsen out of IR

Corey Davis
Marlon Mack
Matt forte
Corey Coleman.

We start 3 WR and a flex, so ideally my flex would also be a WR or Olsen I guess.

Rest of team

AB84, Thielan, Crowder
Fournette, Woodhead, Zeke

I have to win out basically to make the playoffs, Coleman seems like the best option but he’s been back one game and already way less disappointing than Corey Davis. At least until he breaks his hand again.

Forte is still hurt but I’m thin at RB behind Fournette.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

VietCampo posted:

.5 PPR who do I drop to move Olsen out of IR

Corey Davis
Marlon Mack
Matt forte
Corey Coleman.

We start 3 WR and a flex, so ideally my flex would also be a WR or Olsen I guess.

Rest of team

AB84, Thielan, Crowder
Fournette, Woodhead, Zeke

I have to win out basically to make the playoffs, Coleman seems like the best option but he’s been back one game and already way less disappointing than Corey Davis. At least until he breaks his hand again.

Forte is still hurt but I’m thin at RB behind Fournette.

Forte is garbage.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Forte is garbage.

This. Forte should not be owned unless you're in a 20 team league or something.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Alfalfa posted:

This week I would/I am run Smith again. They have to write the ship soon right?

If they are this would be the week, Buffalo's defense is awful and the Chiefs really really need a win. I'll probably stick with Smith for another week, he has the best schedule out of all 4 when I look at it.

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

I think Smith is the choice for you as well.
As for me, someone just dropped Mariota and I think I'll try to pick up him up. If successful I'd like some insight whether to play Keenum or Mariota this week. I do plan on playing Diggs and Rishard Matthews as well.

I would definitely pick up Mariota for this week, Indianapolis is loving awful

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Gronk is now listed as questionable. Not seeing anything why

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

RCarr posted:

So my only QB is Goff. I can afford to roster two QB's the rest of the way, and someone just dropped Prescott. Should I grab him, or any of these other guys for ROS?

Alfalfa posted:

If you have the space, I'd actually grab Dak and Stafford. If I could only grab one I would grab Stafford (and I think he has easier playoff schedule 14-16) since you know what he can do this season and Dak has yet to do anything without Tyron Smith and Elliott.

I'd probably roster both of those over Goff anyways since Goff only does well against a garbage secondary and no pass rush.

Fantasy Pros using just people who have updated their rankings since 11/20 has:
Goff #7 (b-5, w-14) - ROS
Stafford #8 (b-6, w-12) - ROS
Dak #9 (b-4, w-13) - ROS

So looks like it's a coinflip.

Question about this. Are we looking at two different things?

Looking at Fantasypros rankings right now, they have Prescott with the 10th easiest schedule, Goff with the 16th, and Stafford with the 29th.

Prescott has Oakland(5th easiest) in week 15, and Goff has Tennessee(12th easiest) in week 16th. In comparison, Stafford has Chicago(27th easiest) week 15, and Cincinnati(22nd easiest) week 16.

Looks to me like Goff and Prescott would be the pair to own ROS, starting whoever has the better matchup each week.

Or am I looking at this wrong?

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Kloaked00 posted:

Gronk is now listed as questionable. Not seeing anything why

He was listed with an Illness. He probably just got Thanksgiving off or something.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

RCarr posted:

I mean before he got hurt he was putting up reasonable RB3/flex numbers for multiple weeks topped off with a 25 pointer before getting hurt so I feel like this is pushing it.

So what you guys are saying is I should just cut bait with Forte and roll with Woodhead and Mack behind Fournette?

If Woodhead gets reinjured I’d be stuck hoping Marlon Mack gets some dumb TD instead of getting me 2 points.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Forte is garbage.

RCarr posted:

Forte's last 4 games in 0.5 PPR: 23.6, 8.2, 10.7, 12.1

Obviously health is a huge question mark, but Forte is still a decent RB2/3 in PPR formats.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

RCarr posted:

Looking at Fantasypros rankings right now, they have Prescott with the 10th easiest schedule, Goff with the 16th, and Stafford with the 29th.

Prescott has Oakland(5th easiest) in week 15, and Goff has Tennessee(12th easiest) in week 16th. In comparison, Stafford has Chicago(27th easiest) week 15, and Cincinnati(22nd easiest) week 16.

Looks to me like Goff and Prescott would be the pair to own ROS, starting whoever has the better matchup each week.

The ROS ranking is implying that Stafford is enough better than Dak that even with the schedule difference Stafford has the slim edge.

Dak can't throw 300 yard games, but Stafford can throw 400+ yarders, and has proven and productive receivers, and both team's RB situations is a wash. Dak also apparently sucks without a left tackle.

Bjay9
May 3, 2011

Kid, touch is for video games and gynecologists
Alright friends, I don't come here a lot but I'm scared and all of my own research tells me I should maybe pull the trigger on this trade but I'm having doubts. This is a deep league, 12 people, 25 person roster with IDP.

I receive: Matt Breida

They get: Kyle Rudolph

My TE depth is pretty good, Gronk is my number one, with Rudolph and OJ Howard who both get very little playing time. Where as my RB depth is garbage, with me splitting time between Gore, Lynch, Reddick and when he was still useful, Smallwood. The other guy is in desperate need of a TE, but he's only one game behind me in the standings and I don't know if I want to give his roster any sort of bump. Suggestions?

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

RCarr posted:

I sorted for experts who had updated 11/20 or later and this is how it changed. Maybe that is the difference?

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Bjay9 posted:

Alright friends, I don't come here a lot but I'm scared and all of my own research tells me I should maybe pull the trigger on this trade but I'm having doubts. This is a deep league, 12 people, 25 person roster with IDP.

My TE depth is pretty good, Gronk is my number one, with Rudolph and OJ Howard who both get very little playing time. Where as my RB depth is garbage, with me splitting time between Gore, Lynch, Reddick and when he was still useful, Smallwood. The other guy is in desperate need of a TE, but he's only one game behind me in the standings and I don't know if I want to give his roster any sort of bump. Suggestions?

Breida isn’t going to help you in anyway shape or form.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Bjay9 posted:

Personally, I wouldn't make that trade. Rudolph will get you more points than Breida will. If Gronk is hurt, you're much more likely to play Rudolph. Plus, don't help your opponents overtake you in the standings.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Better QB ROS: Mariota or Manning? 6 pa td

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

The Zack posted:

Manning is not startable.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

The Zack posted:

As long as Shepard was just a one-time fluke, Manning gets Wash, Oak, Dal, Phi, Arizona to end the season, and has two really connected players to throw to. Everything but that week 15 Phi game is a good matchup

Mariota (little lamb) has the Colts, Texans, Cards, and 49ers, but then runs into the Rams and Jags week 15 and 16.

I'd rather go Manning. Besides the week 1 rando Dallas fest, he always seems to pop against so-so defenses. But start combing for a week 15 QB now . (Don't rush it, just take the guy with the best week 15 matchup and wait and see if a better guy goes to the FA)

Mariota is still good, too though.

Goon Project Links:
First off, a weird situation in my BML where the ethics committee had to rule if someone could commit collusion just by themselves?

Secondly, Spoeank drops his bitingly sarcastic routine to give thanks for streamer quarterbacks, albeit with incisive sarcasm

Also, since Thanksgiving is all about family, I invited your older brother to guest-write the week 12 injury report

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Is Seals Jones (?) From AZ worth gambling on or should I just stick with Hooper for now?

I could just dump Forte at this point with Howard McCaffrey Perine in front of him

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!

Poque posted:

Is Seals Jones (?) From AZ worth gambling on or should I just stick with Hooper for now?

I could just dump Forte at this point with Howard McCaffrey Perine in front of him

Why would you want more of a gamble than Hooper? I'd say it's safe to forget about him if you've got Hooper. See how he does this week, if you're interested, then make a move. When he came into the game, he usually got the ball so I get the interest, but he really came out of nowhere. There's no way I'd trust him, even as a gamble.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Drunk Nerds posted:

As long as Shepard was just a one-time fluke, Manning gets Wash, Oak, Dal, Phi, Arizona to end the season, and has two really connected players to throw to. Everything but that week 15 Phi game is a good matchup

Mariota (little lamb) has the Colts, Texans, Cards, and 49ers, but then runs into the Rams and Jags week 15 and 16.

I'd rather go Manning. Besides the week 1 rando Dallas fest, he always seems to pop against so-so defenses. But start combing for a week 15 QB now . (Don't rush it, just take the guy with the best week 15 matchup and wait and see if a better guy goes to the FA)

Mariota is still good, too though.

I was thinking on the drive to family's house, and I change my vote to Mariota. Eli Manning is going to be an every-week jag, but Mariota can reach flip out status three ways:

- He rushes a lot
- Big passing day
- Lotta big screens

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Alfalfa posted:

I sorted for experts who had updated 11/20 or later and this is how it changed. Maybe that is the difference?

Isn’t this just the week 12 ranking?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Someone tell me why I should believe that Corey Davis has a better chance of being someone I would start over Stefon Diggs, Keenan Allen, or Julio Jones.

And if not, why should I keep him over a flyer on Gordon.

Alternatively convince me Burkhead is better to keep than Gordon when I have Gurley, Ingram, Perine, and Duke Johnson ahead of him.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Someone tell me why I should believe that Corey Davis has a better chance of being someone I would start over Stefon Diggs, Keenan Allen, or Julio Jones.

And if not, why should I keep him over a flyer on Gordon.

Alternatively convince me Burkhead is better to keep than Gordon when I have Gurley, Ingram, Perine, and Duke Johnson ahead of him.

Because the #1 WR in a decent offense that was drafted top 5 and gets good target numbers is a lot better flyer than someone who hasn't played in a game in over 3 years and is consistently suspended?

I mean Gordon you're just hoping he somehow returns to his prior form. Which wasn't even very good in 2014. Doubt you'd start either of them over those 3 anyways.

I have Davis and he's been underwhelming, but i'd rather have him than Gordon.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

DariusLikewise posted:

Jared Goff vs. Saints
Alex Smith vs. Buffalo
Case Keenum @ Detroit
Marcus Mariota @ Indy

I'm still leaning towards running Alex Smith for the rest of the season, but the last few games have not been encouraging.

Smith against a falling-apart BUF. Things change quickly in the NFL; coaches adjust.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

RCarr posted:

Isn’t this just the week 12 ranking?

No that's the ROS page, but it gets updated live as more lists are published, and changes a lot because there are so few experts available.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Suave Fedora posted:

Smith against a falling-apart BUF. Things change quickly in the NFL; coaches adjust.

Suave Fedora posted:

; coaches adjust.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
Non-ppr, should I play Ajayi or Alfred Morris?

Also, should I drop Elliot for Tucker? I feel like if he's out of concussion protocol he should be a better bet especially ROS.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

VietCampo posted:

Because the #1 WR in a decent offense that was drafted top 5 and gets good target numbers is a lot better flyer than someone who hasn't played in a game in over 3 years and is consistently suspended?

I mean Gordon you're just hoping he somehow returns to his prior form. Which wasn't even very good in 2014. Doubt you'd start either of them over those 3 anyways.

I have Davis and he's been underwhelming, but i'd rather have him than Gordon.

Fair point. What about Burkhead?

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Admittedly i felt dirty tapping that out.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Poque posted:

I’d definitely keep Forte. When/if healthy he’s still a RB2 and could easily be startable over Perine

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Suave Fedora posted:

Man, I dunno. I'm pondering Rivers @ Dallas or Smith v Buffalo. Smith has shown a lot more upside than Rivers, but Rivers seems to have a nice safe floor and I'm not at all convinced Buffalo is falling apart when it comes to QBs scoring against them.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

RVProfootballer posted:

Man, I dunno. I'm pondering Rivers @ Dallas or Smith v Buffalo. Smith has shown a lot more upside than Rivers, but Rivers seems to have a nice safe floor and I'm not at all convinced Buffalo is falling apart when it comes to QBs scoring against them.

Go Rivers. I just checked and while BUF gives up passing yardage, they are crazy stingy on passing TDs, with 9 for DAL’s 18.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Suave Fedora posted:

Go Rivers. I just checked and while BUF gives up passing yardage, they are crazy stingy on passing TDs, with 9 for DAL’s 18.

Glad to get some agreement, ha. Fantasy Pros is like 85% for Smith over Rivers, but I just don't buy it.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
I'm wary as hell about Smith (and KC in general) going forward. I'm giving him one more week before panicking.

Drunk Nerds posted:

I was thinking on the drive to family's house, and I change my vote to Mariota. Eli Manning is going to be an every-week jag, but Mariota can reach flip out status three ways:

- He rushes a lot
- Big passing day
- Lotta big screens

Thanks to you and Beer for the responses. I should have clarified that Smith is my starter and Mariota/Eli would be the backup. I like Mariota's upside and his schedule lines up really well with Smith.

BTW, I read or at least click on every football absurdity article. Keep up the good work

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

The Zack posted:

I'm wary as hell about Smith (and KC in general) going forward. I'm giving him one more week before panicking.

Thanks to you and Beer for the responses. I should have clarified that Smith is my starter and Mariota/Eli would be the backup. I like Mariota's upside and his schedule lines up really well with Smith.

Don’t shut down Smith if he has another low week. Bills are stingy but then look at Smith’s RoS: NYJ, OAK, LAC, MIA, DEN. DEN is stingy on yards but gives up big plays and is tied for most receiving TDs.

Suave Fedora fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Nov 23, 2017

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Suave Fedora posted:

Don’t shut down Smith if he has another low week. Bills are stingy but then look at Smith’s RoS: NYJ, OAK, LAC, MIA, DEN. DEN is stingy on yards but gives up big plays and is tied for most receiving TDs.

I’m stuck with Smith no matter what I think.

Somehow in a 10 man league where I’m only carrying one QB this is what is available on the WW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Suave Fedora posted:

I'm having to choose between Brees and Smith in one league, and damned if I don't always pick the wrong one for the week. This week, I'm going Brees.

• Locked thread