Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Powershift posted:

More modern trucks, yawn.

I wanna gently caress poo poo up in a Scania L140 or Volvo F88

I don't really like Scanias that much but it's nice to see them adding new content. I can't be bothered with anything older than early 90's because the older stuff has barely any torque. I did find a nice Scania 1 series mod though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dumb Username
Oct 20, 2012
https://twitter.com/F1/status/933659446823215104
https://i.imgur.com/HewN6q1.mp4

Dumb Username fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Nov 23, 2017

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

What an insanely dumb pissing contest for Sebastian loving Vettel to start.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

The only reason Hamilton Passed Vettel is because Hamilton is a cheat and Mercedes have an illegal car.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Also hard is now super hard, medium is hard, soft is medium, super soft is soft, ultra soft is super soft, the other two are made out of marshmellows I guess...brilliant....

e: I checked the last few pages if this has been posted already, couldn't find. If it has been posted alreay, sorry

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

tuo posted:

Also hard is now super hard, medium is hard, soft is medium, super soft is soft, ultra soft is super soft, the other two are made out of marshmellows I guess...brilliant....

e: I checked the last few pages if this has been posted already, couldn't find. If it has been posted alreay, sorry

I'm so orange right now..

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

tuo posted:

How about they loving fix the tire compounds they have now so every race isn't a terminally boring one stop instead of introducing a new one every second weekend???

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Powershift posted:

So many new ways for Ferrari to gently caress up tire strategy

eriddy
Jan 21, 2005

sixty nine lmao

Powershift posted:

Dude, well done. I'm personally blue but with zero laps

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

1500quidporsche posted:

How about they loving fix the tire compounds they have now so every race isn't a terminally boring one stop instead of introducing a new one every second weekend???

They are making them softer all around, to get "a better show". It's hosed up. Will the BWT hypersoft actually survive warmup before exploding?

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

not enough tire options imo

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Aww look at all those pretty colours that will end up nowhere near my bike.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

tuo posted:

not enough tire options imo

Those are just the dry tarmac tires. They haven't shown the inter/super-inter/wet/superwet/ultrawet/gravel/ice tires yet.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

My favorite tire color is yellow, the color of that great American dish, macaroni and cheese.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
I’m the SuperHard option.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Don’t forget the snow tyres, Which are a lightish blue with chains on them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_39sOolY7c&t=173s

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Powershift posted:

Those are just the dry tarmac tires. They haven't shown the inter/super-inter/wet/superwet/ultrawet/gravel/ice tires yet.

They already introduced the tires for wet races:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

1500quidporsche posted:

They might? Pirelli has typically offered harder/longer lasting tyres in the first year of a significant regulation change and this year was expected to produce very high corner speeds so it wouldn't surprise me if they were conservative.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

wicka posted:

My favorite tire color is yellow, the color of that great American dish, macaroni and cheese.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I desperately wish there was a brown tire color because it would be the same as wicka's opinions.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
If you can't remember the colours of the Pirelli colourblind rainbow, just remember the simple mnemonic Only Big Wankers Yank Rich People's Penises

Would it really have been superhard to order the colours correctly and keep blue for the wet tyre?

eriddy
Jan 21, 2005

sixty nine lmao

Tsaedje posted:

If you can't remember the colours of the Pirelli colourblind rainbow, just remember the simple mnemonic Only Big Wankers Yank Rich People's Penises

Would it really have been superhard to order the colours correctly and keep blue for the wet tyre?

Please don't dilute the Pirelli Brand with crude mnemonics.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

eriddy posted:

Please don't dilute the Pirelli Brand with crude mnemonics.

Maybe they should learn their Roy.G.Biv first

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

tuo posted:

They already introduced the tires for wet races:

Pretty sure the OE supplier for that car is Michelin haha.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

FIA should also introduce randomized, mandatory tire pressures (random per team). I mean, think about the show it would provide, right? Oh, and performance weights! Gimme the show I deserve!

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
You’re worse than Hitler.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
There’s already something that has scripted drama and storylines that you scum crave and it’s called the WWE and it surprisingly does a good job of it

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

track day bro! posted:

Who's looking forward to the Bella Italia DLC for Euro Truck Simulator 2. I know I am, I can't wait to spend hours and hours delivering cargoes all around Italy. Also I'm looking forward to the new Scania S and R models which will be available in the 1.30 update.

I like the level of which you went to to make this post

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Wirth1000 posted:

There’s already something that has scripted drama and storylines that you scum crave and it’s called the WWE and it surprisingly does a good job of it

Don't get me started on that again.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Wirth1000 posted:

They're actually bad

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

They should add ballast. 1 pound per WDC point.

Cumulative running 3 year total.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

Wirth1000 posted:

Sounds like they should introduce storylines in F1 then. Make it a huge scripted "behind the scenes" soap opera that plays on Tuesdays & Thursdays (so it doesn't overlap with WWE) and have drivers getting in each other's faces about poo poo, with little scuffles and being all "we'll settle this on track on Sunday."

gently caress it, make the races scripted too.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Wirth1000 posted:

You’re worse than Hitler.

Stop hurting my feelings and start thinking about the show!

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

gently caress it, make the races scripted too.

They aren't already??

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Ferrari is the triple H of formula 1.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

When you win a race, you have to use a Honda engine next race

Except when you win by awesome strategy, then you have to use Ferrari pitwall for the next race

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
I just want to see Hamilton get Powerbombed

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Popbitch:

quote:

If you feel that Lewis Hamilton is being unfairly maligned for exploiting shady (but perfectly legal) tax loopholes, perhaps you'll permit us to malign him for being a charmless tween?

Someone who went to school with Lewis Hamilton remembers the time they went up to him in the playground during his formative Go Kart years and enthusiastically said, "Hey, Lewis! I saw you on Blue Peter last night!"

To which Hamilton replied, "What the gently caress you watching Blue Peter for?" – and walked off.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

I mean it's a legit question. I don't like the guy but he's got a point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I am loving that that kid got burned so hard it's taken him over 20 years to recover and contact the press about it

• Locked thread