Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Wasabi the J posted:

Risky candle and the bed still bad...

wish on star, still stink dreams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

When did they start doing 2 questions at once? That confused the hell outta me the first few questions

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Twerkdad posted:

When did they start doing 2 questions at once? That confused the hell outta me the first few questions

They have now instituted a system where they call two people up at once, each person asks their question in turn, and they dismiss one person with a short, simple answer while having the other one stick around for an extended goof. This time, the questions were so good that they didn't dismiss anyone.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
It's a very good system to also encourage people to keep it short and pithy.

The gif feedback one was loving perfect.

New Butt Order
Jun 20, 2017

Twerkdad posted:

The previous live show was the first time it popped up. I think just appending "you have to actually ask for advice" to the rules did more to make that poo poo listenable but the duelling aspect is still fun, especially since they still do something quick for the loser anyway.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
It also just straight-up adds more questions and potential humor without adding much to the actual length of the live show, which is nice.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
http://blart.libsyn.com/til-death-do-us-blart-2017

The Death Blart marches on. Current hosts are Tim Batt, Griffin McElroy, Justin McElroy, Travis McElroy, and Guy Montgomery.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
today's the day I finally listen to all of til death do us blart so far

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I love this stupid stupid thing so much.

I'm happy they now all have children to pass this sin upon

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

I think I need to relisten to the first 2 because I forgot the last one happened right after the election

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

I can’t get on board with Griffin and Rachel’s thanksgiving choices. Stuffing and gravy is the best part of the day, with some mashed potato filler and mopped up with a roll.

Also, ham is not enough to replace turkey, but don’t sleep on a supplemental sandwich consisting of a nice cut of salty country ham, gravy, and stuffing in the middle of a nice flaky roll.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
https://twitter.com/Andy_Allan_Poe/status/932761166740316160

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
You know I have been listening to this Death Blart for like 50 minutes and I don't think I've been paying attention to a single word haha.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

I'm disappointed that it's a mere 75 minutes long. I'm painting half the rooms in my house tomorrow!

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
some really hosed up opinions on this year's death blart, but griffin remains the best brother.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

sexpig by night posted:

I love this stupid stupid thing so much.

I'm happy they now all have children to pass this sin upon

In like, a thousand years several tribes will cross the wastelands and gather just and watch ancient archived footage they don't even understand just because it's their most ancient tradition.

Firstscion
Apr 11, 2008

Born Lucky

Nuebot posted:

In like, a thousand years several tribes will cross the wastelands and gather just and watch ancient archived footage they don't even understand just because it's their most ancient tradition.

While softly chanting "Old Banana, Old Banana."

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Twerkdad posted:

The Q&A in Atlanta was such a goddamn trainwreck that they had to find a way to get people to ask questions and not just tell a story.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

I kind of love the train wrecks because they have to find a way to make fun of the question asker while still being nice to their terrible fans

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm glad they switched to this, since the questions were getting so bad that I was skipping through them and then essentially trying to guess what the question was based on what the brothers were saying. They would take forever and just be too cringy.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

I am surprised they don't interrupt people sooner especially that terrible Atlanta show

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

Poopy Palpy posted:

The Q&A in Atlanta was such a goddamn trainwreck that they had to find a way to get people to ask questions and not just tell a story.

did they actually release that show? The worst one I've seen was the Boston one with raccoon girl and advertisement guy and that at least had bonefolders

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Cheston posted:

did they actually release that show? The worst one I've seen was the Boston one with raccoon girl and advertisement guy and that at least had bonefolders

i think that's the one i meant

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Cheston posted:

No. I don't think there was anything as insulting as the self-promo dude, but there was one "question" that took up way too much time and just wasn't that good, one question was kinda mean-spirited about vegans, one asked by a tween girl who just asked for ideas for a cartoon which obviously didn't leave much for discussion, and then one asked by a goon that actually was pretty good.

I liked the first half of the show too, wish they could just cut that and post it but that probably wouldn't go over well.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
My least favorite story was the long rambling one about ben and jerries. I don't even remember what it was about or what the question was because it was so god drat boring.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Man the Worst Idea of All Time with Justin is really good.

Is that a surprise? Or like, to be expected. I gotta listen to Death do us Blart.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

um excuse me posted:

Hey so does anyone miss Griffin and Niiiiiiiick adventures? I don't think there has been a polygon series as good as car boys since.

Nick Robinson is a person worse than Hitler etc but drat if they didn't have the best rapport together.

Make Travis a Polygon employee.

EDIT: Have Clint play Pokemon while Griffin loses his mind watching.

BIG FLUFFY DOG fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Nov 24, 2017

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

EDIT: Have Clint play Pokemon while Griffin loses his mind watching.

Legit great idea here

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
The woman who claimed that she thought squirrels were the ghosts of civil war soldiers was the worst, because it wasn't a question and she didn't actually believe it she just wanted to say something wacky to get on a podcast. At least the self promotion guy was trying to get something out of it

Edit: It was raccoons

Piell fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Nov 24, 2017

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
If you can’t get the animal right don’t criticize her :colbert:

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
I actually want to give the self promotion guy the benefit of the doubt. I think he maybe just thought "wouldn't it be funny if I crammed a really brazen plug in?"

And his question could have been fun if it had gotten answered.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

ShineDog posted:

Legit great idea here

I think someone else may have posted it earlier in the thread like months ago which I realized only after I left for work. Which is really just proof of how much the people are craving this, I think.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
I think Giant Bomb has the “video games being played poorly” market pretty well covered.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I dunno, I've seen a lot of polygon vids too..

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Democratic Pirate posted:

I can’t get on board with Griffin and Rachel’s thanksgiving choices. Stuffing and gravy is the best part of the day, with some mashed potato filler and mopped up with a roll.

Also, ham is not enough to replace turkey, but don’t sleep on a supplemental sandwich consisting of a nice cut of salty country ham, gravy, and stuffing in the middle of a nice flaky roll.

If I wasn't held accountable to social norms, my whole thanksgiving meal would just be stuffing and gravy. Just mountains of stuffing a lakes of giblet gravy that I could camp out in.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Not Operator posted:

I actually want to give the self promotion guy the benefit of the doubt. I think he maybe just thought "wouldn't it be funny if I crammed a really brazen plug in?"

And his question could have been fun if it had gotten answered.

But trying to be funny at a comedy podcast is the same guy who tries to sound smart at an author q&a

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

inferis posted:

But trying to be funny at a comedy podcast is the same guy who tries to sound smart at an author q&a

Yeah, you're right. And I get that even if I'm right about him, pretending to be an rear end in a top hat with people who don't know you is indistinguishable from being an rear end in a top hat.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
That guy was definitely trying to be funny. He tried to laughingly tell the brothers to just shut up as Griffin was trying to do a goof when he came to the mic. He didn't sell it at all and it came out kind of timid, so it sounded like he was actually telling them to shut up. So bottom line, audience members trying to be funny is almost always awful.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZg4OTE3II4

Far and away one of Justin's greatest moments

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
here's every live show:

balcony is horny! what's up dogpound!
ten-fifteen minutes of how wild traveling with your family is