Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
McCoy manipulated the Daleks into blowing up Skaro, even.

Smith had at least one, in the Dinosaurs On A Spaceship episode he arranged it so a bunch of missiles would hit the bad guy's ship and gloated at him about it. I actually don't remember Capaldi ever killing anyone, except in his first episode when he killed the half-faced robot man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
TBaker puts a bomb in a dude's pocket and lets him walk off to his death in The Ribos Operation.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

2house2fly posted:

McCoy manipulated the Daleks into blowing up Skaro, even.

Smith had at least one, in the Dinosaurs On A Spaceship episode he arranged it so a bunch of missiles would hit the bad guy's ship and gloated at him about it. I actually don't remember Capaldi ever killing anyone, except in his first episode when he killed the half-faced robot man.

He definitely consigned several people to some pretty painful deaths, while not really batting an eye at that. Granted, most of those people were kinda doomed anyway, but he sure didn't try to save them.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
Are Cybermen people? Cos he killed a fair few of them in his last stand.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Ten also did his share of killing of course, though I think (and it's been some time since I've seen it) his "man who never would" moment was more about just flat out executing someone who no longer posed a threat. (Also I have always thought that scene, much like the old "never cruel or cowardly" tag line, was more about who he wanted to be than about who he was.)

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Plavski posted:

Are Cybermen people? Cos he killed a fair few of them in his last stand.

Only if they used to be named characters.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
McCoy killed the Gods of Ragnarok, an entire Cyber fleet, Kroagnon and Light as well as all the other ones people have mentioned. If you count the New Adventures I imagine it gets pretty ridiculous.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
Oh and how could anyone forget... Capaldi KILLED THE MOON

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

I think Eight is genuinely pretty pacifistic at least, I’ve listened to almost all his stuff and I can’t think of a time he killed anyone. I remember him having a small breakdown in Seasons of Fear about realising he wants to hurt someone.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Organza Quiz posted:

I think Eight is genuinely pretty pacifistic at least, I’ve listened to almost all his stuff and I can’t think of a time he killed anyone. I remember him having a small breakdown in Seasons of Fear about realising he wants to hurt someone.

He's probably killed lots of people, he just doesn't remember.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Eight destroyed Gallifrey in the EDA books’ Time War (it got better).

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

The_Doctor posted:

Eight destroyed Gallifrey in the EDA books’ Time War (it got better).

And beyond that point he's far more willing to take matters into his own hands. Doesn't he kick a guy into lava in the very next story?

He also condemns a planet to dalek rule in Dark Eyes 2: Darker Eyesier.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Pertwee straight up vaporized a Ogron. It's funny, when they released Day of the Daleks on DVD, with a SE cut of the story, I thought they'd take that out. Nope.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Fil5000 posted:

McCoy killed the Gods of Ragnarok, an entire Cyber fleet, Kroagnon and Light as well as all the other ones people have mentioned. If you count the New Adventures I imagine it gets pretty ridiculous.

Oh yeah, Smith blew up a cyberfleet as well

Capaldi's most "ruthless" bits were in his first series- getting that guy who was about to be killed by Dalek antibodies to swallow a tracking device ("he was dead already, I was saving us") and haranguing people when the mummy was about to kill them ("tell us everything, it might help the next one"). Shooting the General and nearly causing god knows what catastrophe by trying to save Clara, of course. I don't think he's been directly responsible for anything hardcore though, despite that dumb scene in Extremis where he's listed as "cause of death" for such a vast number of people the measuring scale breaks.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

2house2fly posted:

Capaldi's most "ruthless" bits were in his first series- getting that guy who was about to be killed by Dalek antibodies to swallow a tracking device ("he was dead already, I was saving us") and haranguing people when the mummy was about to kill them ("tell us everything, it might help the next one"). Shooting the General and nearly causing god knows what catastrophe by trying to save Clara, of course. I don't think he's been directly responsible for anything hardcore though, despite that dumb scene in Extremis where he's listed as "cause of death" for such a vast number of people the measuring scale breaks.

The Doctor was listed as cause of death, not Capaldi Doctor. As catalogued on this very page, he actually has been the cause of death of a fair number of beings across all his various incarnations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

“I’m a Doctor, but probably not the one you were expecting.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdpHbApkZnQ

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

2house2fly posted:

There was also the part in Before the Flood where he figures out that O'Donnell is next to die, and afterwards he is criticized by Bennett for not doing more to try and protect her because he wanted to be sure he was right.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Is that YouTube link working for international peeps?

Try this if not:

https://twitter.com/whiteemis/status/933079632009728001

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

He's not even wearing a wig! :aaa:

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
There really needs to be a Big Finish version of that video where the Doctor shoots and murders people - there's some pretty great ones to use; Fifth Doctor blowing some guys away with a rocket launcher, another of him murdering some prisoners of the Daleks by shooting them, Eight saying he's going to murder Davros and the Monk, Seven being an arse and tormenting Hex and Ace, Sixie's love of Burke and Hare, etc.

The_Doctor posted:

“I’m a Doctor, but probably not the one you were expecting.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdpHbApkZnQ

Noice.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Tenth Doctor & Rose is out!

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Pesky Splinter posted:

There really needs to be a Big Finish version of that video where the Doctor shoots and murders people - there's some pretty great ones to use; Fifth Doctor blowing some guys away with a rocket launcher, another of him murdering some prisoners of the Daleks by shooting them, Eight saying he's going to murder Davros and the Monk, Seven being an arse and tormenting Hex and Ace, Sixie's love of Burke and Hare, etc.

I feel like this one doesn't count, since it's some idiot's propaganda version of events.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Davros1 posted:

Tenth Doctor & Rose is out!

loving yeah, Happy Anniversary Doctor Who!

Edit: And none are written by Nick Briggs!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
My wife made me promise not to listen to the 10th Doctor set without her; this is gonna be a looooong work day.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Pesky Splinter posted:

Minuet in Hell butchering American accents...

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/johnrivers/status/933102707660832768

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
The Master having a poker face is....surprising, to say the least.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Available on YouTube!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REaerS4W2_8

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Edward Mass posted:

The Master having a poker face is....surprising, to say the least.

I think it's believable for Delgado master, not so much for the others. Well, I guess Pratt/Beevers on account of having no face left.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/pandamoanimum/status/933681453711478784

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

No you're crying.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Open Source Idiom posted:

I feel like this one doesn't count, since it's some idiot's propaganda version of events.

Counts or not, the thought of Five of all people using a rocket launcher is pretty drat amusing.

"Is this the end you point towards the enemy? I'm not sure I'm doing it right :ohdear:"

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Happy birthday, Doctor Who!

https://twitter.com/DoctorWho_BBCA/status/933800092577832960

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Tom Baker is a Global Treasure :allears:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

“Let them disagree :grin:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Started listening to the new 10th Doctor audio.

"We got here early so we've been hiding in the bedroom" :allears:

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Delgado pops up in loads of those ITC shows.

Zaroff
Nov 10, 2009

Nothing in the world can stop me now!

Wheat Loaf posted:

Delgado pops up in loads of those ITC shows.

Isn't he in an episode of Randall and Hopkirk with Nick Courtney?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
http://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2017-11-24/tom-baker-returns-to-play-the-fourth-doctor-in-surprise-new-doctor-who-scene/

We are truly in the best timeline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Tom Baker is just

Thank you Tom. Continuously thank you

• Locked thread