Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Anchorhead was also really good, because the LPer drew fanart of what was happening, so you weren't just reading.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
It may have been posted here before, but whether or not it has been I'm asking everyone to go loving watch Diacorn's LP of Split/Second right the gently caress now. Trust me, you won't regret it.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Zandar posted:

Stuff using scanned images, like Lone Wolf, will also unsurprisingly be a mass of broken images these days.

Maybe true for IF in general, but not for Lone Wolf. Not only is there a new LP going on right now (currently about halfway through book 5), but even my prior LP used lpix. Said current Lone Wolf LP:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3830605

Yar The Pirate
Feb 19, 2012
Can anyone recommend an LPer to watch that plays through JRPGs or RPGs relatively competently? The closest comparison I can think of is maybe Clemps but instead of analysis, it's an LP where the host knows enough about the game to have an ongoing discussion about it while playing. Another comparison might be how Bobbin Threadbare showed off Rogue Galaxy so well that I felt no need to play through the game myself since he demonstrated the story and all the little secrets.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Yar The Pirate posted:

Can anyone recommend an LPer to watch that plays through JRPGs or RPGs relatively competently? The closest comparison I can think of is maybe Clemps but instead of analysis, it's an LP where the host knows enough about the game to have an ongoing discussion about it while playing. Another comparison might be how Bobbin Threadbare showed off Rogue Galaxy so well that I felt no need to play through the game myself since he demonstrated the story and all the little secrets.

If you’ve got the time for a long haul one, Artix did a really good job showing off the ins and outs of all three entries in the Final Fantasy XIII trilogy: XIII XIII-2 and Lightning Returns from a gameplay and knowledge standpoint. Fedule also knows the games more or less inside and out too, so the commentary is never without things to examine or gripe about, it’s just that Artix is the one at the helm for all three games.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Yar The Pirate posted:

Seconding that recommendation, the FFXIII series may not be the greatest series of games, but in terms of JRPG lets plays it's certainly up there.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

What was that really dark non-English claymation adventure game LPd here? You know, the one with a cinema showing a movie about a girl-to-bird brain transplant, and the game's storyline involving a snuff film, and your character going insane and blacking out.

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
Is it this one, Blackout? I only recognize a few of the details from your description, but it looks like it could be.

EDIT: Either way, let this serve as a recommendation for Blackout, it's really unique and creepy.

Fiendly fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Nov 8, 2017

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

That's the one. It's really good.

No more news on the mobile port, it seems.

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?
Are there any good VLPs of Etrian Odyssey games out there? Preferably one where the LPer knows what they're doing. It doesn't have to be anything spectacular I just want something to put on in the background.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.

Yar The Pirate posted:

Maybe a little late, but Melth's LP of Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword just went up on the Archive. The LPer gets the highest rank on the hardest difficulty and breaks down exactly how all of it works in extreme detail. It's definitely worth a read if you're into SRPGs.

ltkerensky
Oct 27, 2010

Biggest lurker to ever lurk.
I need help, thread:

What would be the best Braid's lp?

Powerfrog
Nov 3, 2012
Any Hand of Fate 2 LPs where they don't fail missions (or at least only show the victories), draft solid decks + generally play the board smartly?

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

ltkerensky posted:

I need help, thread:

What would be the best Braid's lp?

Both the ones in the LParchive are fine.

But the only opinion you need is Soulja Boy's.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSXofLK5hFQ

ltkerensky
Oct 27, 2010

Biggest lurker to ever lurk.

bewilderment posted:

Thanks! Actually, this is perfect.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

bewilderment posted:

Thank you for this

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Yoko Taro did an LP of Animal Crossing: New Leaf

https://twitter.com/yokotaro/status/933659913170980869

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
So is there a two person or more LP of Ghost Recon Wildlands going on or done?

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Does anyone know of a competent Tyranny LP? I bounced off it because I sucked at actually playing it but I'm interested to see more of it and maybe learn enough to make another attempt at playing it.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
did someone do an LP of Xcom declassified?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
McKilligan did one with one of the devs of the game. It's interesting!

Youtube playlist

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

McKilligan did one with one of the devs of the game. It's interesting!

Youtube playlist

thank you, should be added to archive imo

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Looking for a nice video LP of DanganRonpaV3? Although streams are ok too if there's no better option.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

HGH posted:

Looking for a nice video LP of DanganRonpaV3? Although streams are ok too if there's no better option.

Slowbeef and friends are doing a Visual Novel Book Club of V3, if you want a slightly different experience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8zVJVC_qlw

And this series has been a bit slow to release new videos, but here's a couple doing the LP that have done the other Dangan games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hSkpZQaJXk&t=7s

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Yeah shoulda mentioned I've been watching VNBC, but it's more of a roundtable discussion after the fact. More interested in live commentary or the "Series Expert+Blind Newbie" formula but I guess that might be asking for too much. That couple LP looks pretty good though so thanks!

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Nihilarian posted:

Yoko Taro did an LP of Animal Crossing: New Leaf

https://twitter.com/yokotaro/status/933659913170980869

quote:

Isabelle: I'll give you some Leaf Tickets so let's try using them right away!
YT: I've heard that "giving the first taste for free to get you hooked on the pleasure of a paid good" is a common tactic of drug dealers.

Yoko Taro posted:

I'll never forget what your father did to me...... Forcing onto me, a fresh foreigner, debt enough to buy a house many times. Indenturing me to labor under beasts. I bear no grudge with you, but by your blood ties mayhaps you'll pay for your father's sins.

I'm beginning to understand why he declared The Dark ID to be his "ambassador to the west." :allears:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
i seriously have to get drunk with taro sometime before he dies

the man is amazing

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

I just want him to do a full LP of anything before his liver inevitably rebels and kills him.

Yar The Pirate
Feb 19, 2012
Would anyone recommend a particular video LP of Danganronpa v2 and 3?

I enjoyed ManlyBadassHero's playthrough of the first one but he hasn't played any of the other games so I'm looking for something similar to his commentary.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

VolticSurge posted:

I just want him to do a full LP of anything before his liver inevitably rebels and kills him.
Let's Pay Drakengard 2, as told by Yoko Taro :getin:

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Are there some good LPs of the Xenoblade games on YouTube? I’m probably never going to sit down and talk play them but I feel like watching someone else play them.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Getsuya posted:

Are there some good LPs of the Xenoblade games on YouTube? I’m probably never going to sit down and talk play them but I feel like watching someone else play them.

Chuggaconroy did a great Xenoblades 1 LP.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Pierzak posted:

Let's Pay Drakengard 2, as told by Yoko Taro :getin:

I was more thinking one of the original Fallouts, but it would be much more fun to watch Taro-San rip apart a bad game than play a game that actually has good writing and storytelling.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Chuggaconroy did a great Xenoblades 1 LP.

If you can tolerate his voice

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Yar The Pirate posted:

it's a subtitle LP, but BrainWeasel did one of the best LPs I've ever seen of Final Fantasy XII IZJS. it's set up like a college course and people wrote mini essays in response to questions he posed so it's worth reading the thread

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

HGH posted:

I recommend iateyourpie's streams. Though he has a small facecam he doesn't read everything like most offsite VLPs/streams, he turns his subscriber notifications off during the game, and the mods in his twitch chat are very good about keeping spoilers out. He's not actually done with V3 yet but it'll probably be done by the time you catch up.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I'm in the mood for Skyrim, but I don't want to buy Skyrim Switch. Any recommendations for a good, ideally modded Skyrim LP? Bonus points if it's glitchy and funny.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
If you want glitchy and funny, check out Putty's Skyrim Modding 101 thread. There's no story--he's not bothering to go through the campaign--but he does slog through a whole bunch of absolutely horrible, no good mods for the game.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

I'm gonna second that. This LP is really loving funny. Putty just breaks the game wide open in all sorts of horrifying ways. It's great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

That was pretty hilarious, but now I need more :gonk: I'm not gonna be able to escape re-installing it, am I.