Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Oh look Stiglich made a cartoon that isn’t automatic poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I can't wait to vandalize Uber's driverless cars.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Cat Mattress posted:

I can't wait to vandalize Uber's driverless cars.

They will raise the natality levels because people will have a lot of sex in driverless cars.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the autumn budget – Philip Hammond has admitted that obsessing about shrinking the state has left the economy enfeebled. But he continues to put ideology above evidence"
:pants:

Telegraph:

Hammond boosts housing and NHS spending as growth forecasts are slashed

Independent:

The i paper:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Mail:
Mac on...Budget millions to help the homeless

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
gently caress off Mac.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Ambitious Spider posted:

I like Bok's "Franken won't resign, but shouldn't because it was funny and there was nothing wrong with it. Look at those hypocritical liberals watching MASH! what was I saying again!"
Remember that a year ago BoK was likely a member of the "It was just locker talk!" chorus when it came to Trump's tapes. He absolutely has no problem with that kind of behavior, but if a democrat did it then it has to be bad.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

I love this one

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Accidental subtext: mansplaining.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Tei posted:

They will raise the natality levels because people will have a lot of sex in driverless cars.

My guess is it will lower them, because by then, people will be getting it on with their sex robots.

I guess I've lost track now - who's the moustached monster?

Seems pretty generous to the middle class.

Didn't expect Payne to criticize The Wall.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

:dadjoke:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Sandpuppy posted:

Stax cuts

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Get outta here Al Franken

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Cloud Potato posted:

Evening Standard:

Growth and Productivity are holding back Phillip Hammond.

A... cartoon?

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Accidental subtext: mansplaining.

Yep, I showed it to a friend and told them the joke was "You're doing feminism wrong!"

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Trump is dismantling American exceptionalism?? Sounds good!

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I watched a few episodes of MASH today actually. It's amazing how often the jokes on the show are just a woman being sexually assaulted while a laugh track plays. I've always used the show and movie of an example of why conservative humor is universally terrible.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
"The best way to express that constant, casual takedowns of certain groups don't actually exist is to make a passive aggressive insult towards those that believe they do inside my seemingly-inclusive Thanksgiving cartoon in a nationally syndicated cartoon."

mediadave
Sep 8, 2011

rodbeard posted:

I watched a few episodes of MASH today actually. It's amazing how often the jokes on the show are just a woman being sexually assaulted while a laugh track plays. I've always used the show and movie of an example of why conservative humor is universally terrible.

Wait what? MASH, famously one of the most subversive mainstream television shows ever made, is an example of conservative humour?

As for the funny sexual assault... I'm afraid that's just the seventies.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

mediadave posted:

Wait what? MASH, famously one of the most subversive mainstream television shows ever made, is an example of conservative humour?

Yeah, don't you remember the theme song? "Suicide is really painful, so don't do it and go to church"

ACRE & EQUAT
Aug 28, 2004

FUNERAL BREADS
WAR BREAD

No one should ever post a Kelly without the title :colbert:

pumpkin Pried

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

They toned Hawkeye down in the movie and then again in the show but the book is a series of vignettes of the author's self insert getting drunk and being lovely to women and minorities. Also Trapper John hot his nickname from being "falsely" accused of rape. The author's an objectivist not religiously conservative.

ACRE & EQUAT
Aug 28, 2004

FUNERAL BREADS
WAR BREAD

twice burned ice posted:

I'd like to see this. but with thoughts and prayers at the gun altar instead.

I don't know if this is :thejoke:, but

https://boingboing.net/2015/07/29/tom-the-dancing-bug-i-sacr.html

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Sandpuppy posted:

When you pull the wishbone, it's the person who gets the big half who gets their wish. The other guy gets zip.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
First Al Franken, Charles Martinet and now loving MASH? I'm gonna stay out of this war.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Jedit posted:

When you pull the wishbone, it's the person who gets the big half who gets their wish. The other guy gets zip.

So more generous than the tax plan.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

trump is finally killing off the notion of american exceptionalism, agc

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Lodin posted:

First Al Franken, Charles Martinet and now loving MASH? I'm gonna stay out of this war.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdhveixpV24

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Lodin posted:

What did Charles Martinet do? :(

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

Mallard and Molly see Mr. Noseworthy, Chantel, Dave, and Rush only once a year, at Thanksgiving.

Geez, loving everything is culture war with this guy. I bet at his Dad's funeral he said, "He will go with God now... Which I know will trigger lots of libs!"

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Electric Phantasm posted:

Maybe they meant Charlie Rose? I don't see anything on Charles Martinet (insha'Allah)

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

Google isn't turning up anything.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Edit: Nvm

Fulchrum fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Nov 24, 2017

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
https://twitter.com/markhumphries/status/933894358486548481

Rowe and not Pope? loving RECOUNT

ne: This is for Australian polititoons.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

Oh my god, is Hasbro still using that lovely pre-show stock art enough that it's getting used as reference by political cartoonists?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Keiya posted:

Oh my god, is Hasbro still using that lovely pre-show stock art enough that it's getting used as reference by political cartoonists?

No, people are just doodling from half memories.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Keiya posted:

What?

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

The my little pony decal on the car

I think I know the stock art in question but I can't be assed to find it atm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Hi guys I didn't see a political cartoons 1912 thread so I wasn't sure where to post these. I went home for thanksgiving and took some pictures of some stuff my great great uncle did during what I assume was the Republican primary of the 1912 election from context. (Although I guess these were made in 1911 :spergin:)

Enjoy some biting 100 year old political humor

Stefan Prodan fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Nov 24, 2017

• Locked thread