Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Well, the main Youtube site gets an increasingly awful redesign every six months, it's only fitting that the apps do too :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

But seeing half as many recommendations on the front page and no clear division between page sections is the way of the future! Still waiting for something awful to get with the times and change the desktop site to just look like a mobile site with terrible resolution scaling.

Related: I'm just now using windows 10 for the first time on a new desktop and metro is goddamn hideous compared to aero

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Is Cities Skyline worth $20? It's digital only for $40 but Gamestop has a disc version on sale for $20. I can't get it from Gamefly because the disc is only available at Gamestop.

No I can't play it on a PC so unless the game sucks without being heavily modded or is truly terrible with a controller don't suggest that (I played the Tropico games on a console just fine).

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

kirbysuperstar posted:

Well, the main Youtube site gets an increasingly awful redesign every six months, it's only fitting that the apps do too :v:

The original cosmic panda build of YouTube was the best. Been downhill ever since

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Guillermus posted:

From what I've read is a rare (thank god) issue with some early V2s (the first ones packed with slims and pros). I don't know if yours is a V2 or OG controller but the only "fix" is to buy on amazon or aliexpress a new set of sticks and replace them manually wich sucks. Just trade it and get a new one.

I sent mine in for repair and they sent a new one back. The early run of that model is just flawed

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

ElwoodCuse posted:

Is Cities Skyline worth $20? It's digital only for $40 but Gamestop has a disc version on sale for $20. I can't get it from Gamefly because the disc is only available at Gamestop.

No I can't play it on a PC so unless the game sucks without being heavily modded or is truly terrible with a controller don't suggest that (I played the Tropico games on a console just fine).

It is absolutely worth it if you liked SimCity before the series turned into garbage. You can legalize weed and watch your town of stoners burn their houses down.

SamuraiPaul
Oct 9, 2005

Blowin' up da moon.

Phobophilia posted:

Question regarding games that let you invert the x-axis, do the following?

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice

I’m pretty sure both the New Deus Ex’ lack invert x options but I’ve never bought one of the games to find out. I had Veniveniveni check in hellblade for me when it came out and it didn’t have it either, which is weird because almost all Ninja Theory games before that had invert x.

I’d have bought and played hellblade by now otherwise.

Night in the Woods has my kind of writing and I’m definitely going to have to go back and play it again to see what I can destroy with Gregg but bothering Bea has been very rewarding.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Guillermus posted:

It happened to me like two weeks ago and I couldn't play BF1 because I couldn't sprint with the left stick without suddenly stopping then running and stopping again. I went to GAME to trade it for 32€, used my points and paid 5€ extra for another V2, White this time.

This, people, is why you don't buy used controllers.

I've done the same thing.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

I have a question about how the cloud saves work with multiple PS4 systems. I want to get a PS4 Pro for my downstairs TV and move my current regular PS4 upstairs to the other TV. If I do this, will I be able to use my account and PSN games on both systems? If yes, how do cloud saves work with this setup? Will I be able to run dailies on, for example, Destiny 2, Everybody's Golf, and Nioh, and will the progress save and transfer across the two systems? Thanks!

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Are those scuf controllers any good?

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice

veni veni veni posted:

Aye, I feel pretty bad about it, but I don't really want to spend £45 on a new controller. I am going to buy some WD40/ di-electric grease tonight and spray it under the joystick. People seem to be having success with this. Failing that, trading that sucker in and apologising to the universe.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Amazon has a deal on the Destiny 2 PS4 Pro white bundle for $350. My first gen console has the disc eject bug and we have a 4K TV so I just bit the bullet and ordered it, saved me a nightmare trip to GameStop tomorrow.

E: will I be able to sell / trade in the Destiny 2 that comes with it? I have almost 0 interest in playing that game.

Montalvo fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Nov 23, 2017

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

henpod posted:

Aye, I feel pretty bad about it, but I don't really want to spend £45 on a new controller. I am going to buy some WD40/ di-electric grease tonight and spray it under the joystick. People seem to be having success with this. Failing that, trading that sucker in and apologising to the universe.

Hey I'm not here to judge. It's their fault for not checking poo poo. And they offer a warranty anyways.

Controllers and consoles are just something I'd never buy used because of it.

Maybe a Nintendo system because they last forever but that's about it.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Video Nasty posted:

It is absolutely worth it if you liked SimCity before the series turned into garbage. You can legalize weed and watch your town of stoners burn their houses down.

Ahahahaha sold I'll try to pick it up

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

What are the top 10 PC Gaming myths that need debunking

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Games are good

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

What are the top 10 PC Gaming myths that need debunking

1 - Hard to build a gaming PC
2 - pc gaming is dying

that's all i remember. i think i turned it off after a few minutes.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

2 - pc gaming is dying

Got a link to the video?

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Waltzing Along posted:

2 - pc gaming is dying

3 - anime titty mods are not in every game

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
This is a nice sale. Just picked up Nier and Yakuza 0

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

Well, it was the dude at Game saying that I should just trade it instead of send it to fix it because they're sending them anyways. They give a 1 year warranty on used controllers and well, if they give you a year is because they know the controller isn't going to fail in a week or two.

Now If any goon can give me some imput about either the Razer Raiju or Nacon Revolution Pro (first one or V2) it would be nice as I plan on trading my other black V2 (it's working flawlessly) and it's either another colored V2 or one of these Turbonerd Elite Gamepads.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Quote-Unquote posted:

3 - anime titty mods are not in every game

loving unbelievable.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
Damnit, I love the concept, look, and atmosphere of Alien Isolation but the lack of autosave after a cutscene is kind of a hard pill to swallow. Watching 30 minutes of patient stealth gameplay erode because or a mistaken turn and then having to redo huge segments is very punishing, especially since it lacks any of the nice artificial elements of other stealth games that make more of a game of it. Hell, most of the cover isn't even waist high so you can't really hide much of the time to observe.

I feel sad that a game that works hard to be immersive and dynamic makes me wish for the more artificial nature of vision cones and awareness meters.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'll go with the usual advice of. Play on normal and keep moving.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Sounds like you should be a bit more aggressive with your saving too

Buccaneer
Jun 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Feenix posted:

Tyler Douche, and Jessica Choad

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

henpod posted:

Its the stores responsibility to refurb and warranty all their used merch. Dont sweat it if they drop the ball to pinch pennies its not your fault.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I got bored with Alien Isolation around the med lab stuff. I kept on dying too much and it got more frustrating than scary

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Regy Rusty posted:

Sounds like you should be a bit more aggressive with your saving too

I've kind of gotten where any single advancement or progress I make is followed by a backtrack to a save point just to bank what I can before a surprise death. It's sapping out the fun but feels better than retracing my steps several times.

I think I'd be fine if it just made an autosave when you achieved some story goal.

Edit: I think I'll shelve this for a while. I'm not ashamed to admit I like/need more helper tools for my stealth gaming. That or I should get good and return when I do.
Edit2: Looking at the trophy percentages, 22% of the players who started this submission quit the game at this point too. Bunch of wussies like me.

Ape Agitator fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Nov 23, 2017

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
I was in the middle of downloading the Wolfenstein 2 trial to see if I'd like it, then I saw it for $25 on Amazon and just bought it. I'm hoping the awesome moments I hear about in the game more than make up for the gunplay which sounds like it's not as good as the previous game.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I finished Wolf2 last night. It's not as good as The New Order (what is!) and the ending feels SUPER abrupt but it's definitely worth playing.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
The new Life is Strange has a 30% discount. Hella yeah or gently caress no?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Renoistic posted:

When they announced Before the Storm and I found out it was a prequel, made by a developer I'd never even heard of, with a totally different voice cast because of the SAG-AFTRA strike, I figured it was going to be terrible. But after two full episodes... it's not. It's actually very sweet, well-written and acted. Deck Nine totally "gets" Life is Strange in the humor, the tone and the intensity of emotion, and while I can't say it's as good as the original (because nothing ever made in the history of humans is as a good as Life is Strange) it's a worthy prequel that I don't have to pretend never happened.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Renoistic posted:

So far the plot is going nowhere and there's only one Ep left, but it's by no means insulting to the original game or anything. It's solid if you want more "choose a feel".

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
If I have to pick between a heavily reduced, but still real money title, should I get Persona 5, Dragon's Dogma or Shadow of War in the big sale?

Very different games I know. I'm leaning towards P5 but I am concerned all the minutiae might get me down whereas I know Shadow is just going to be Arkham with kills and funny orcs, while DD is a bit of an unknown to me, but it sounds awesome.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

JBP posted:

If I have to pick between a heavily reduced, but still real money title, should I get Persona 5, Dragon's Dogma or Shadow of War in the big sale?

Very different games I know. I'm leaning towards P5 but I am concerned all the minutiae might get me down whereas I know Shadow is just going to be Arkham with kills and funny orcs, while DD is a bit of an unknown to me, but it sounds awesome.

persona

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

JBP posted:

Persona 5 is probably the best of the lot. I loving love Dragon's Dogma but it's a very 6/10 sort of game (very good if you love what it does right, average if its many flaws bug you a lot).

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Dangerous Person posted:

This is a nice sale. Just picked up Nier and Yakuza 0

I hope you enjoy both!

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
gently caress it I'll just buy P5, I'm sure I'll like it.

Also if anyone doesn't own Bloodborne yet this is a PSA, buy loving Bloodborne and Old Hunters on PSN right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Genocyber posted:

Persona 5 is probably the best of the lot. I loving love Dragon's Dogma but it's a very 6/10 sort of game (very good if you love what it does right, average if its many flaws bug you a lot).

DD is basically 50% of a 10/10 game and 50% a 4/10 game rounding out at a cool 7/10. But is still wouldn't skip it cause it's so weird and fun at times.