Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Im a low QP I can vouch for this we suck

I'm working on playing champs that aren't dva all the time, tonight. Had a good game as junkrst/roadhog earlier where I finally got the hang of hogs hook just in time to murder the hell out of a tracer. I'm digging these guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Peaked at 2000~ SR and immediately dipped to 1800 after a really bad spell of matches on Monday. I've been playing a bunch of Dva and Zarya, but as soon as I jumped on Pharah it started to uptick.

It's still fun playing tanks, but I really just click with Pharah in a big way. Luckily there's so few maps she's inappropriate.

well why not fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Nov 22, 2017

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Have they done something to kill replays? I go straight to spectator mode after dying now. I thought it was a Competative change but found it's in QP and arcade too. Did I accidentally change a setting?

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

BizarroAzrael posted:

Have they done something to kill replays? I go straight to spectator mode after dying now. I thought it was a Competative change but found it's in QP and arcade too. Did I accidentally change a setting?

There's a setting for it in the options.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

dogstile posted:

I actually really like junkertown, people just have to get used to it I think.

Lunar colony isn't a fun map though, the Orisa/Torb thing demolishes almost all ranks of players and only really falls down if your allies do something stupid like get picked off way outside the safe area.

Attacking it is ok for me because hey, I like playing Zarya and the spam comp means i'm at 100 charge the entire fight, but I just don't find the map particularly fun.

Mei is kinda fun on Lunar Colony. Go in and wall off the turret and then dive dive dive and it's all ova

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

I like Horizon Lunar Colony. :shrug:

It's fun to play Symmetra on defense and create a really good line of defense at that first bottleneck.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Ginette Reno posted:

Mei is kinda fun on Lunar Colony. Go in and wall off the turret and then dive dive dive and it's all ova

At the level i'm at Mei doesn't work because the whole team just rotates and covers torb while he drops down another turret, or they'll place is in a place you can't wall off without exposing yourself. Best way through is either smash shields down and get some quick picks (requires super good DPS) or farm a couple of combo ults, bait out their defensive ults and then slam your ults into them.

E: Ok, a disclaimer before you watch this. My team is Wu Tank Clan. We won our way through div 1 of the OWUL. We are going up against last rites, a sponsored T2 team who we play against all the time. They're very good, probably one of the top EU teams right now who aren't actually pro's. 2 weeks before this match started, half my team quit and we hadn't scrimmed in 2 weeks, we played this anyway and played very poorly. Please do not use this to judge our play, its not representative of our normal selves at all.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/200466051

Watch this at 02:30:00, this round is a really, really good way on how to crack open point A.

E: I'm listening to the casters for the first time on this and they were wrong about so many of our plays i'm actually a little mad.

dogstile fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Nov 22, 2017

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

dogstile posted:

At the level i'm at Mei doesn't work because the whole team just rotates and covers torb while he drops down another turret, or they'll place is in a place you can't wall off without exposing yourself. Best way through is either smash shields down and get some quick picks (requires super good DPS) or farm a couple of combo ults, bait out their defensive ults and then slam your ults into them.

E: Ok, a disclaimer before you watch this. My team is Wu Tank Clan. We won our way through div 1 of the OWUL. We are going up against last rites, a sponsored T2 team who we play against all the time. They're very good, probably one of the top EU teams right now who aren't actually pro's. 2 weeks before this match started, half my team quit and we hadn't scrimmed in 2 weeks, we played this anyway and played very poorly. Please do not use this to judge our play, its not representative of our normal selves at all.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/200466051

Watch this at 02:30:00, this round is a really, really good way on how to crack open point A.

Yeah you're pretty high SR so it probably wouldnt work as well there. At like Gold/Plat if you wall that turret off the other team just panics and loses provided you time the dive right (which is of course also difficult at that SR).

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Jesus there are a lot of Moira's in ffa.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Bumper Stickup posted:

Jesus there are a lot of Moira's in ffa.

This sums up FFA right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4vjJrGeh1c

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

My first two POTG ever were both Bastion.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

https://twitter.com/DanielFenner/status/933528879737856001

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Got the air strike achievement as Doomfist. Junkrat messed up his concussion mine which game me just enough air time to hit max on seismic slam.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

You can play moira in comp now.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I have never loved something as I do Moira

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Moira is fecking grand, and looking forward to a Blackwatch skin.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

She is really dirty on 2 cp defense, seems like.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
I love playing Moria and her being a support means that people aren't slam-picking her like they usually do with new heroes, so I can play her almost every game now.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

1v1Limited is a pretty rad mode and I am glad that the new system means it shows up in the rotation every few days.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Heliotrope posted:

I love playing Moria and her being a support means that people aren't slam-picking her like they usually do with new heroes, so I can play her almost every game now.

You got lucky. I got SSD and it's still 50/50 if I can get her.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true
I got back into the game after taking a month and a half off. My placements put me into 2,800 and I just worked my way back up to 3,012, so that's neat. I also already got two people saying they're going to report me for playing Orisa, so, that's also neat?

One thing I noticed is that most of my games pair me with people that don't often communicate. Is that the new trend this season?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
I'm guessing, after having three comp matches in a row drop, tonight probably isn't the night for network reliability.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

A rude thing: As junkrat, predict where an enemy pharah is going to engage from -> place a mine to jump with way early so you get 2 mines back on cooldown -> jump up and conc mine her twice.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I'm not sure if it's just that I'm bad when I fight her but Moira seems frighteningly good in a 1v1 against lighter classes

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

I'm not sure if it's just that I'm bad when I fight her but Moira seems frighteningly good in a 1v1 against lighter classes

It feels like, everytime I've engaged her 1v1 even with DPS, that she kills me every time. I'm bad though.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

It looks like she's fun to play on Total Mayhem.... so many orbs.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Does mayhem mode increase the amount of health/damage an orb holds?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I haven't played since they updated Mercy again.

Shes till feels mandatory :shrug:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

BizarroAzrael posted:

only thing mayhem does to abilities is lower the cooldown timer (unless it's ana's sleep dart)

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Manatee Cannon posted:

only thing mayhem does to abilities is lower the cooldown timer (unless it's ana's sleep dart)

It also increases the HP of shield abilities, so wondered if it would extend that way.

I'm still delighted by Moira's dialogue - "I am on fire! All evidence supports this claim!"

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Is there anybody on ps4 still playing this? loving tired of watching people not bother shooting at Reaper as he walks through and ults us for the fifth time in a row.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5Hy3Sd1OU8

Yeah you mostly understand me Jeff! Although I do not throw.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Nov 26, 2017

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Bumper Stickup posted:

Is there anybody on ps4 still playing this? loving tired of watching people not bother shooting at Reaper as he walks through and ults us for the fifth time in a row.

There is a PS4 community, Goonerwatch, that is occasionally active. Otherwise, I play all the drat time so you can add me silver_surfer_01

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Liar Lyre posted:

There is a PS4 community, Goonerwatch, that is occasionally active. Otherwise, I play all the drat time so you can add me silver_surfer_01

Sent you a request. I was Onshorebread. Just tired of not having a group of people to play with anymore.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

What are the two easiest healers and two easiest tanks to learn? I'm having fun with Bastion but I need to branch out and I'm not big on any of the DPS. I have messed around with Reinhardt and Zenyatta a bit. Mercy still seems strong and a little intimidating.

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse

BizarroAzrael posted:

I don't know, but I had a ridiculous total mayhem match last night as Moira. She can basically be unkillable if you play her right. The cooldown on the orbs and the blink is 2s, and it's possible to have multiple orbs out at once. We got the cart to the last point in Junkertown where it was stalled for a long time. The entire time I was blinking around it and throwing out mostly damage and a few heal orbs. The enemy team tried countering with a few heroes. I think too much was going on though and they couldn't lock me down. We finally broke through and captured. I ended the game with a single death and something crazy like 60 eliminations.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Admiral Joeslop posted:

What are the two easiest healers and two easiest tanks to learn? I'm having fun with Bastion but I need to branch out and I'm not big on any of the DPS. I have messed around with Reinhardt and Zenyatta a bit. Mercy still seems strong and a little intimidating.

Mercy is actually fairly easy, just don't charge into the enemy team and you'll be ok. Lucio is also easy to start with; getting the crazy wall riding down is tough but not necessary at lower levels. Zenyatta's support functions are quite easy but you do need decent aim to pull your weight. Ana and Moira are a bit trickier.

Tankwise, Orisa might be up your alley, she's got some conceptual overlap with Bastion. Reinhardt is also straightforward but it can take a while to feel out your limitations, also his ult is a bigger deal. Winston is a little trickier but jumping on squishies is fun as hell and you don't really need to worry about aim. Roadhog/Zarya/D.Va are all considerably tougher to do well with (Hog seems straightforward but it's very easy to just wind up feeding the enemy team tons and tons of ult, so he usually does worse than you think he would.)

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

after having spent the entirety of my ow career in plat, verging on diamond, i had a bad run at the end of last season and now i'm stuck in mid-gold and i'm not convinced i can get out without like buying a whole new account lmao

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Moira is so much loving fun to play as, holy poo poo

I'm consistently nailing 4-5 golds in quickplay, which shouldn't really be an accomplishment, but it feels like it when you're playing a loving healer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here

grieving for Gandalf posted:

after having spent the entirety of my ow career in plat, verging on diamond, i had a bad run at the end of last season and now i'm stuck in mid-gold and i'm not convinced i can get out without like buying a whole new account lmao

I dropped from low diamond to mid gold at the end of season 3. My advice is to not feel pressured to climb back up immediately. Take the chance to learn some new heroes since you'll be in lower skill matches. When you want to climb again, pick DPS even if you usually stick with tank or support. Chances are you're better at DPS than the usual mid-gold player if you were hanging in at high plat.