Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
posting on the nazi page to wish you all a Happy Genocide Day.

edit* gently caress

edit 2* Happy Genocide Day tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
On this day we are thankful for Bernard "Bernie" Sanders for his tireless service and for heralding the political revolution.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Concerned Citizen posted:

it just keeps repeating "lock her up"

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Condiv posted:

isn't roko's basilisk people convincing themselves they have to worship and sacrifice to their dumb, unborn ai god or when it's born it'll take vengeance upon them? it's weird seeing a religion being born around technology

yep

they have to put all their resources into the development of the omnipotent machine god, or else when it's finally built it'll torture simulations of them in a virtual hell for eternity

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

not only is this good, but it was posted at 4:20 and is this doubleplusgood.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

reminder billy boy is the one who paid for the piss tape

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Venom Snake posted:

making pissbitch and manbaby putin get angry enough to make the nukes fly might 1/3 of the way make up for helping architect a disasterous war that killed millions and serves as a 15 trillion and counting handout to the MIC

ending american civilization probably another third

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

really queer Christmas posted:

not only is this good, but it was posted at 4:20 and is this doubleplusgood.

Whoa, I read this at 4:20, and am in A DIFFERENT TIME ZONE

*hits joint*

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Venom Snake posted:

if Kristol ever rejects american imperialism you know poo poo is really, actually going down

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Don't doxx me

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

concerned citizen?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
Hot Thanksgiving takes from my pro trump family

Bernie would have won
They preferred Bernie to Hillary despite him being a communist
Sarah Huckabee sanders is in fact Good
Something about inner city crime being about those dang people getting a more wholesome culture

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
Also confirming that gen-x is the fuckin worst

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/933845509571317761

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

It turns out to be much easier to have a very Suck Zone Thanksgiving when your "family" is some friends you invited over because their actual family are being shits.

We didn't actually talk politics at all. It was my favorite day of the year.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
My uncle spent an hour ranting about transgender ppl

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

anime was right posted:

did he immediately segue into roy moore :chloe: territory

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

anime was right posted:

https://twitter.com/BuckyIsotope/status/933773644601483265

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
Condolences on your tormented trans uncle.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

did he immediately segue into roy moore :chloe: territory

no but my pro trump aunt said franken should stay elected but roy moore should resign

my family has very strange political views by republican standards tho

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I’m having thanksgiving with my wife and our friends in town and we’re talking about sexism in the workplace

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

anime was right posted:

no but my pro trump aunt said franken should stay elected but roy moore should resign

my family has very strange political views by republican standards tho
that's almost but not quite halfway into "almost getting it but not quite there" level

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

that's almost but not quite halfway into "almost getting it but not quite there" level

her support of trump is built entirely off being extremely pro capitalism and extremely hating hillary

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

anime was right posted:

her support of trump is built entirely off being extremely pro capitalism and extremely hating hillary

your mom sounds like the mythical pre-death-cult traditional republican that they were sure would vote for hillary except they forgot that everyone hates her

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

The Kingfish posted:

literally nobody knowledgeable about sentience or human intelligence is the slightest bit concerned about A.I. We don't have a semblance of an idea how human intelligence works and we can't create a superior version of something we don't understand.

People who "fear AI" should really say "job automation" (I mean it does get mentioned in the quote), but they feel the need to technobabble it up.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

punk rebel ecks posted:

Why is Minnesota so blue despite being so white?

the Scandinavian is genetically predisposed to socdem

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

FiveThirtyEight posted:

41 percent of Democrats think that Joe Biden “best represents the party and would make the best candidate against President Trump,” according to a Rasmussen Reports poll. Biden beat out Bernie Sanders (20 percent) and Elizabeth Warren (11 percent).

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/general_politics/november_2017/is_biden_the_man_for_2020_democrats_think_so

The weasel words in that report are the fact that they polled "likely voters." So it's a poll of a thousand white suburbanites. Still, I look forward to seeing this brought up in the future. Bidenmentum!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

gradenko_2000 posted:

People who "fear AI" should really say "job automation" (I mean it does get mentioned in the quote), but they feel the need to technobabble it up.

Part of the problem is the industry has repeatedly used "artificial intelligence" to refer to "algorithmic analysis"/"machine learning" as well as actual AI. This is why precise verbiage matters!

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Aurubin posted:

The weasel words in that report are the fact that they polled "likely voters." So it's a poll of a thousand white suburbanites. Still, I look forward to seeing this brought up in the future. Bidenmentum!

also they polled democrats and not you know

all voters who would vote in a ge and are left leaning

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Aurubin posted:

im fairly confident that if the 2020 dem primary is a fair election then dem primary voters will not vote for noted sex pest joey biden

of course having a fair primary is not a guarantee for the dem

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

SKULL.GIF posted:

Part of the problem is the industry has repeatedly used "artificial intelligence" to refer to "algorithmic analysis"/"machine learning" as well as actual AI. This is why precise verbiage matters!

correct jargon < marketing potential

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

SKULL.GIF posted:

Sounds like you're racist against AIs

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

im racist against Al!s

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

The proper term is 'Artificial American'

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Dreddout posted:

The proper term is 'Artificial American'

corporations are people my friend

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011

Main Paineframe posted:

yep

they have to put all their resources into the development of the omnipotent machine god, or else when it's finally built it'll torture simulations of them in a virtual hell for eternity

They also seem to think that they'll experience the simulated torture. Somehow. Like guys, either you are or are not a digital entity, and if you are a simulated entity then maybe we all are and 2017 makes complete sense.

AstheWorldWorlds has issued a correction as of 05:01 on Nov 24, 2017

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
its the somehow stupider version of pascels wager

nerds will have meltdowns about evil future computers when we already have flying kill drones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

AstheWorldWorlds posted:

They also seem to think that they'll experience the simulated torture. Somehow. Like guys, either you or are or are not a digital entity, and if you are a simulated entity then maybe we all are and 2017 makes complete sense.

They think it's much more likely that they live in a simulation than the real world. The logic being that if an ai god can make multiple matrixes, say 1 million, then there's a miniscule chance you're living in the real world. The ai wants the historical real you to give all your disposable income to Yudkowsky so he can [s]embezzle your money[s/] fund the creation of the ai god. To incentivize the real you doing this, it creates a perfect model of history, and will torture the fake you (who stastically speaking, is probably the you reading this) forever when you die if you don't give your money to Yud.

It's Pascal's Wager for dumb nerds who think they're intellectuals.

• Locked thread