Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
A very nice bundle if you want to feast on obsolete premium tanks. They are stupid really, if they'd put in the Skorpion G and Defender they'd actually sell more than 2 of those packages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Tahirovic posted:

A very nice bundle if you want to feast on obsolete premium tanks. They are stupid really, if they'd put in the Skorpion G and Defender they'd actually sell more than 2 of those packages.

Sell it for $1123.17 and include the Never Again tanks, basically include everything they've ever sold for money in one package, or at least include the shittier reward tanks like the T25 Pilot.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
They'd sell a few of those shitpiles if it came with a special tank with a credit boost and camo that identified the player driving it as a Mr. Moneybags a la the Type 59G, just not a Tier 8.

A golden T5 or something.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
A golden Defender, so everyone who has one has to buy an other. Bonus Points if this new "skin" ends up having better armor because of the gold coating.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Tahirovic posted:

A golden Defender, so everyone who has one has to buy an other. Bonus Points if this new "skin" ends up having better armor because of the gold coating.

everyone knows gold is really soft for a metal, so obviously the gold coating would act like spaced armor and cause HE and HEAT shells to fail to pen.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Hellsau posted:

anyone want to do a gold calculation to see how much gold you'd get if you have all these tanks already

e: also lol they include the BT-SV but not the Pz2J or any of the "Never Again" tanks like the SU-76I or Type 59 or E-25

e2: no Mutant 6 either which doesn't make sense to me, and no Berlin tanks, okay who the gently caress is this actually for?

Neither the Type59 nor the E-25 are that OP nowadays.
The Type59s days of glory died with gold ammo and I don't want to know what the presence of OP tier 8s are doing to it now.
The reason for a Type59 being OP nowadays has more to do with that most Type59 players have like 1k battles and 5 skill crews in them.
And the E-25 is in the same spot with the change in maps and Defenders being hard to pen even with gold ammo.

Hellsau posted:

everyone knows gold is really soft for a metal, so obviously the gold coating would act like spaced armor and cause HE and HEAT shells to fail to pen.

But everyone knows one should load gold ammo to kill tier10s and blues/purples.
What about that????????????

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Steelion posted:

When you cap a base you get like a 3 second period where, if the other base gets capped, it's a draw. Alternately, if the capping team loses all their tanks during this window (which is extended every time a tank dies) then they lose, even though they capped out.

Also, the time is extended if tanks continue to do damage and/or destroy each other, so you can turn a cap into a draw/loss by continuing to fight. Wargaming logic! :rolleyes:

Tsurupettan posted:

Been working through my m40/m43 since returning to the game. I was teamed up with another guy in an m53/m55 who was dark teal on xvm. He asked which gun I was using, and suggested swapping to the 155m instead of the 8-inch. His reasoning was that with the changes to artillery, it was better to poo poo out more shells and have more opportunities to cripple tanks than to use the slower, high alpha gun. The 155m is much faster (reloads ~13s quicker), much more accurate, and aims in noticeably quicker. Trades off a lot of alpha, and a significant amount of the burst radius.

Any artillery playing scum that could tell me if this is legit advice, or if he's pulling my leg?

McGavin posted:

I've stopped using the 203mm on the lower tier Soviet artillery, so yeah it's legit advice. You aren't getting any full pens with arty anymore, so keeping tanks stunned is usually better than trying to do damage.

The other thing is that I think close splashes do more damage than direct hits (at least to reasonably well-armored tanks) regardless of shell size. You still can't afford to aim next to targets, however, to go for more splashes because arty is not accurate enough to not completely whiff your shots. The best you can hope for is aiming center-mass and hitting or splashing nearby (although you can still whiff shots at the edge of the reticle for 0 damage.)

Tsurupettan posted:

Yeah, it does make sense. As long as I'm ACTUALLY taking advantage of the reloads consistently and getting more shots out in a game, it is more opportunities to stun, track/damage components, kill crew, etc.

People seem to take advantage of stunned targets. Not always, but they do notice at least. People get a bit more brave when I've stunned a few tanks with a shell.

Is there a way to get better feedback on what I've done to a tank's internals other than breaking tracks? I feel like there was a (legal) mod for it that indicated what you did to them beyond damage, but I didn't see it on aslain's pack.

e: I've gotten exactly one big hit with arty since I've returned, where I smashed an IS-6 for 1118 damage. Otherwise it's all variable low to middling rolls with a lot of damage to the tank components/crew.

You can see module damage after the battle, or during battle with the Eagle Eye skill. The skill's not worth taking ahead of several others, however.

Cardiac posted:

...everyone ... loads gold ammo...

FTFY

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
must beat dead horse, not long ago i aced the s-51 with the smaller gun, more stuns=more stun damage/assist=better. its the same idea on a few other artys too i think but im not sure maybe m12 and m40? i dunno but the 45s reload on s51 is just not a good idea with 203mm since battles are over in 3minutes anyway

(which took me longer than i wanted it to because i was using the 203mm at first its a bad choice)

Tahirovic posted:

imagine how many people would quit the game i bet some already have just from seeing that sweet black friday deal, its already triggering enough having a defender as an enemy

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I regret spending money on the game before all the op premiums came out. If only I had waited I too could use cash as a substitute for skill and also prop up a dying greedy company.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

I regret spending money on the game before all the op premiums came out. If only I had waited I too could use cash as a substitute for skill and also prop up a dying greedy company.

You bought a Löwe or KV-5?
Cause the OP premiums started with the Type 59 or the B2 or the E-25 or .......
This have been the MO of WG since the start.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I am the sky cancer.

Hmmm, maybe I should go back to the stock gun on the Hummel, the upgraded one feels pretty slow in comparison. But I might just need more games with it before I make the decision.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Atomizer posted:

You can see module damage after the battle, or during battle with the Eagle Eye skill. The skill's not worth taking ahead of several others, however.

I'm aware of seeing module damage on the post-game report. I forgot about Eagle Eye. Didn't Eagle Eye have an issue on artillery where YOU PERSONALLY have to spot the target, not just look at them in artillery-view, to see what you damaged? I thought there was another way to see it so I could say 'hey i killed this dude's gunner and driver, go murder him', but I guess I'm remembering incorrectly.

I played like 30 games last night with the small gun on the m40/m43. My average damage stayed roughly the same or went up, my stun damage went through the roof, my module/crew damage per game was noticeably higher than with the larger gun, as a result of just shooting more poo poo.

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

Reposting from the WoWP thread because holy loving lol; https://worldofwarplanes.com/news/blot-out-the-sun/

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Cardiac posted:

Neither the Type59 nor the E-25 are that OP nowadays.
The Type59s days of glory died with gold ammo and I don't want to know what the presence of OP tier 8s are doing to it now.
The reason for a Type59 being OP nowadays has more to do with that most Type59 players have like 1k battles and 5 skill crews in them.
And the E-25 is in the same spot with the change in maps and Defenders being hard to pen even with gold ammo.

But everyone knows one should load gold ammo to kill tier10s and blues/purples.
What about that????????????

how can you beat spaced armor other than with spaced armor on your shells man

Seriously though the E-25 is better than every other tier 7 TD by a substantial margin in mobility, survivability through its camo, and applicable damage due to the accuracy and great raw DPM, yet it also gets pref matchmaking. The JPanther is badly outclassed by the E-25 in particular, even though they're the same tier and nation, the premium version is just much much better at actually D-ing Ts.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Cardiac posted:

You bought a Löwe or KV-5?
Cause the OP premiums started with the Type 59 or the B2 or the E-25 or .......
This have been the MO of WG since the start.

T-34

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

Hellsau posted:

how can you beat spaced armor other than with spaced armor on your shells man

Seriously though the E-25 is better than every other tier 7 TD by a substantial margin in mobility, survivability through its camo, and applicable damage due to the accuracy and great raw DPM, yet it also gets pref matchmaking. The JPanther is badly outclassed by the E-25 in particular, even though they're the same tier and nation, the premium version is just much much better at actually D-ing Ts.

The E-25 also has ridiculous camo that it does not lose while shooting.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Tsurupettan posted:

I'm aware of seeing module damage on the post-game report. I forgot about Eagle Eye. Didn't Eagle Eye have an issue on artillery where YOU PERSONALLY have to spot the target, not just look at them in artillery-view, to see what you damaged? I thought there was another way to see it so I could say 'hey i killed this dude's gunner and driver, go murder him', but I guess I'm remembering incorrectly.

I played like 30 games last night with the small gun on the m40/m43. My average damage stayed roughly the same or went up, my stun damage went through the roof, my module/crew damage per game was noticeably higher than with the larger gun, as a result of just shooting more poo poo.

I'm not sure about the Eagle Eye implementation, because as I said, it's not worth taking over most other skills so I've never actually used it.

LostCosmonaut posted:

Reposting from the WoWP thread because holy loving lol; https://worldofwarplanes.com/news/blot-out-the-sun/

LOOOOLLLLL

Almost $600 for 84 premium planes? I don't even think there are 84 purchasable premium tanks in WoT, and that's a game that people actually play.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

You have to personally spot the tank in order for Eagle Eye to work. This makes it useless for arty.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Atomizer posted:

I'm not sure about the Eagle Eye implementation, because as I said, it's not worth taking over most other skills so I've never actually used it.

LOOOOLLLLL

Almost $600 for 84 premium planes? I don't even think there are 84 purchasable premium tanks in WoT, and that's a game that people actually play.

the bundle has 81 tanks in it, and is missing a bunch that people would give a poo poo about.

McGavin posted:

You have to personally spot the tank in order for Eagle Eye to work. This makes it useless for arty.

yeah that's what i thought, rip.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
With $900 you can build a nice desktop PC.

For $600 you can build a pretty okay one too.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
i still cant decide if i want to continue to play for the upcoming cw event, iv havent really played in 3 days maybe 4 i aint feelin it every time i log in now i play the skorp g thinking its good then end up having a sub 2k damage game thats a real boner killer and made me lose interest in playing IM WASHED UP N BLOWN OUT

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Nov 24, 2017

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

MariusLecter posted:

No joke my current rig (1600, 16 gig 3200 ram, and 980ti) was 700ish

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Turmoilx posted:

i still cant decide if i want to continue to play for the upcoming cw event, iv havent really played in 3 days maybe 4 i aint feelin it every time i log in now i play the skorp g thinking its good then end up having a sub 2k damage game thats a real boner killer and made me lose interest in playing IM WASHED UP N BLOWN OUT

WOTendgame.txt

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004
Looking to blow some gold on the current discounted T8 premiums, are any of these decent?

Panther 8.8
Lowe
T-54 Mod 1*
T26E4*
T34*
WZ-120-1 FT
T-34-3
FV-4202*
Strv S1

(Anything with an asterisk I've already got something similar for crew training).

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

MariusLecter posted:

For $1500 dollars you can buy one tank on the chinese server

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EC5ZWSRd_90

Scapegoat posted:

Looking to blow some gold on the current discounted T8 premiums, are any of these decent?

Panther 8.8
Lowe
T-54 Mod 1*
T26E4*
T34*
WZ-120-1 FT
T-34-3
FV-4202*
Strv S1

(Anything with an asterisk I've already got something similar for crew training).

The Lowe is solid and the Strv is a great tank on the right map that prints credits as its standard rounds have like 280 pen.

serious gaylord fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Nov 24, 2017

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Is the Revalorise on sale? Get that. The Lowe has also received some solid buffs too.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

what'd they do to make the Lowe good? i recall it being considered a lovely pub trap int he past.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Buffed the armour and the engine so its not a slow shitbox penned by everything it faces through the upper plate and turret face now.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

They buffed the armour, engine power, and gun depression. They're nearly impossible to penetrate frontally if they're hull down and you can't hit the cupola accurately.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

that's good. if i didn't own a million loving premiums that i don't play as it is i'd probably buy it. i make bad financial decisions.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

McGavin posted:

They buffed the armour, engine power, and gun depression. They're nearly impossible to penetrate frontally if they're hull down and you can't hit the cupola accurately.

Can go through the cheeks if the gun isn't dead straight at you if you've got a high enough pen gun but yeah they're legit decent now.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Really? If you shoot tanks in the side with a high pen gun it's more likely to penetrate? Thanks for the pro tip! This changes everything!

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Don't be a twat, you know what I mean. It only needs to be 5-10 degrees away and you can go through the front with 200mm pen. Theres a little dent in the turret cheek each side of the gun.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
I won 9 games in a row in arty, ama

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Barry posted:

I won 9 games in a row in arty, ama

that coin is rigged obviously

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

the last arty game i played was on mountain pass. i ignored a deep red tomato jt8,8 and instead focused on the higher quality players according to xvm. that jt8,8 was the downfall of my entire team.

we spawned on the west. half of my team went to the ice roads. the jt8,8 went up to the bridge and sat on the edge of the little cliff there and just shat out shells repeatedly into my team, doing more damage and killing more tanks than the 3 heavies his team had camping the corner of the mountain. then he turned to face the bridge, sitting in plain sight while three of our mediums peeked back and forth at him, attempting to chip away. they sat there like scared children while he slowly ground them down.

i had started firing at the jt8,8 once i noticed him sitting there tearing the ice road tanks apart. every fully aimed shot i took went to the furthest possible spot in the aiming reticle, completely missing him. i finally killed him after he killed two of the mediums trying to poke at him. by that time our entire ice road group was dead, and the tanks that went south were still sitting in a dead heat against their team.

i'm not joking when i say that literally none of our team on the ice road took a shot at him, despite having perfect openings to do so. he was literally not in any cover the entire time. they just let him shoot shells into their sides without a care.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

You have to be a total moron to go ice road on Mountain Pass* because from the west, you can only sit there hull down and hope they peek you and the enemy arti doesn't shoot you, and from the east you accomplish literally nothing by going ice road because a single tank can lock down a large number of your team that goes north indefinitely, and more than one tank played correctly can lock down any number of your team that goes north indefinitely. Given that there cannot be smart human beings at the ice road to begin with, you'll generally see a bunch of weird poo poo happen there, like 2 tanks push into 7 and win outright without taking damage or 8 tanks will camp there with literally all enemy tanks spotted and pushing the base and the campers won't even turn around until they get shot in the rear end. Mountain Pass is such a lovely map and is easily fixed by adding additional paths but gently caress that says wargaming, lane gameplay is what the kids like.

*note that it is technically excusable for a bottom tier light tank with decent damage output, assuming there are zero enemy lights that would outright win a 1v1 against you, to go from the northwest spawn through ice road and tuck under the bridge to harass enemy tanks pushing through the bowl, but once you're there you're usually stuck because H4/H5 gets to pin you down, though you get to spot them back for your team while peeking out of the cubby hole under the bridge. Other than that literally never go ice road for any reason, if you're worried about ice road just sit back in arti cover and murder anyone dumb enough to push towards your base, the 9 line is unpushable and the A/B lines will take a ton of damage but potentially survive to die in a brawl at the cap.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I'll go ice road if I'm top tier in a tank with gun depression and the enemy team doesn't have any good players. It's practically a guaranteed top gun and steel wall.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

loving finally, a comprehensive guide to playing TDs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fxJmPUnbZY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
lmao but also this is probably my favourite vid of all time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wq35ZxgWoQ