Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Immortal;s was kicked out because they have literally no sponsors & just spent 30 million dollars on building an overwatch gamedome or something. Theyre a joke, sorry folks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Vermain posted:

I think I just started watching NALCS again after they brought in MikeYeung, so I missed his return to the scene. Can he still not perform an Insec?
Well, he didn't pick Lee Sin once so it's impossible to say :v:
He was fairly good though, the meta suited him a lot. His record on P1 was 13-9 (13-6 in spring, the split where they were actually good and not in a permanent state of collapsing).

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I dont mind flyquest staying in LCS if they have the decency as humans to kick high off the team.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

person with all the money: lol, u think we're making money doing this?? we do this out of the kindness of our hearts
fans: ohhh lol, the players are the ones ruining all of this
people with all the money: exactly, and anyone who drives up player salary specifically ruins the game
fans: goddammit, i always knew it, thats why lockouts are actually player strikes in my mind

anyway, i am sure these organizations wouldn't lie about the amount of money they make in order to justify wage theft

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Lol that, of all the takes, this is the one people still keep falling back to

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

they only paid those millions out now because of all the money that came in from outside investors though, what does that have to do with previously not being sustainable before franchising?

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Work Friend Keven posted:

Immortal;s was kicked out because they have literally no sponsors & just spent 30 million dollars on building an overwatch gamedome or something. Theyre a joke, sorry folks.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

also i understand series A funding isn't really the LoL thread's strong suit but you might want to consider that investors consider operational expenses very differently from expansion.

things like the salaries you pay to players and the large chunk of cash you shell out to get a franchise are very different.

e: it's not c-spam i should probably spell right

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

of course Steve is literally throwing money at anyone who can smack 9 cs/min in lane so who the gently caress knows

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

it is confusing to me what immortals could possibly have been doing to drive up the salary of the entire north american lcs to ruinous levels that doesn't apply to what team liquid has been doing

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

rabidsquid posted:

it is confusing to me what immortals could possibly have been doing to drive up the salary of the entire north american lcs to ruinous levels that doesn't apply to what team liquid has been doing

The players ask for a price, liquid meets the price. A shocking process, but also the most likely

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Luna Was Here posted:

The players ask for a price, liquid meets the price. A shocking process, but also the most likely

and how does this differ from the immortals contracts

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Meteos, like batman and robin, will never die

but he will be ambiguously gay depending on the owner

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Look its obvious that imt was denied because noah is a loving nerdlinger and it took heroic levels of restraint for regi, jack, steve, tryndamere, and ryze not to pants him and stuff him in a trash can at every owners meeting.

In order to remove the atmosphere of potential harrassment they solved the problem by getting rid of him.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

rabidsquid posted:

yes i too believe every single thing that comes out of noted delusional narcissist and serial fabricator Saint Vicious's mouth

while i'm sure immortals didn't make friends with certain orgs over their spending (and i'm sure dignitas, an org that continually do shady poo poo with contracts and literally had players leave because of non-payment in the year of our lord 2017, didn't like that), they got kicked because they could not even pay lip-service to notions of becoming independently financially viable at some distant point in the future. this collusion angle is poop from a butt

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Vermain posted:

It's now officially confirmed that Ryu, Ssumday, and Meteos (!) have been signed to 100T. Didn't Meteos officially retire years back after it became clear he had zero interest in the game anymore? What happened?

I think metros is probably still a capable pro player and on the right team he could be ok

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Vermain posted:

It's now officially confirmed that Ryu, Ssumday, and Meteos (!) have been signed to 100T. Didn't Meteos officially retire years back after it became clear he had zero interest in the game anymore? What happened?

he'll only sign to terrible teams to ensure that he doesn't ever have to feel the pressure to be worlds-calibre again

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Schnorkles posted:

of course Steve is literally throwing money at anyone who can smack 9 cs/min in lane so who the gently caress knows
This and your previous post don't conflict given that:
- VCs by and large aren't good at the "measuring how profitable an investment will be" part of their jobs, they're good at the "having the occasional monster investment pay off and/or coercing dying companies into sighing hilariously one-sided contract terms they benefit from either way" part, so series A (through series C, D, who cares) is a big shruggo for turnaround mattering
- Founders spend like it's not their money (so long as it only benefits people they consider rockstars in the org and not the rank and file), because (esp. once VC is involved) they've burnt through the money and goodwill that got them that far so anything else is a bonus

Semi-related, league team bubble is real and it's going to be really funny if/when another game actually does eat their lunch.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Inven's reporting that CLG's in the process of signing on Reignover. RIP OmarGod, I guess.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

(in Dave Matthews Band voice) Reeiiiiign, over me

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

YOU GUYS Flame signed with Flyquest and they need a midlaner with Hai leaving. Flame was a former teammate of Fly who also played in NA cs this year.

Are we gonna potentially see Fly Fly?

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Ulio posted:

YOU GUYS Flame signed with Flyquest and they need a midlaner with Hai leaving. Flame was a former teammate of Fly who also played in NA cs this year.

Are we gonna potentially see Fly Fly?

In that case he'd have to change his name I think.

Maybe he could go with Like An Eagle. Or On The Wings Of Love. Or Me To The Moon.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Keep it simple, Fly Solo

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Or not, By The Seat Of Your Pants

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
I was way too amused by the name Fly Balls as is.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Seems like Anda the imt sub who climbed really high in KR soloq during the bootcamp will join Flyquest as their jungler.

So I am guessing Flame, Anda, ?, WT, Stunt. Could be a more consistent roster than the original Flyquest. I think Froggen might be on this but I hope it is Febiven or PoE.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

No big surprise, but TSM MikeYeung's officially announced. I think this'll legit be a monster team if they can get MikeYeung the coaching he needs.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

I forget where I saw it, but I heard Optic PoE, Lemon, and zig

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

Ulio posted:

Seems like Anda the imt sub who climbed really high in KR soloq during the bootcamp will join Flyquest as their jungler.

So I am guessing Flame, Anda, ?, WT, Stunt. Could be a more consistent roster than the original Flyquest. I think Froggen might be on this but I hope it is Febiven or PoE.

WT on TSM I thought?

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Shadow225 posted:

I forget where I saw it, but I heard Optic PoE, Lemon, and zig
ESPN - http://www.espn.com/esports/story/_/id/21531282/optic-gaming-signs-powerofevil-zig-lemonnation

So Optic is Zig, Akaadian, POE, Arrow, and Lemon. Pretty weird lineup if you ask me.

curiousCat posted:

WT on TSM I thought?
Nah, he's still on FQ; the official contract database has him signed till next year, and FQ tweeted this when they got Stunt
https://twitter.com/FlyQuestSports/status/932740337642045440
TSM are rumoured to be getting Zven and Mithy

Killed By Death fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Nov 24, 2017

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Do you think there is any chance in the world TSM would let DL go in order to replace him with wild turtle. Jesus christ.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Clutch have picked up Febiven and Solo, so there's another piece of the puzzle.

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot

njsykora posted:

Clutch have picked up Febiven and Solo, so there's another piece of the puzzle.

Interesting, I thought Froggen was going to Clutch.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Do you think there is any chance in the world TSM would let DL go in order to replace him with wild turtle. Jesus christ.

This post and the opposite like 8 times over the last 4 years

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Im sure you could find it somewhere, from someone, but Keven never liked wild turtle.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

I'm Keven and I like wild turtle

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Wildturtle is better than Doublelift. They both use flash poorly and throw games but at least Widlturtle snipes objectives.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

CODChimera posted:

Wildturtle is better than Doublelift. They both use flash poorly and throw games but at least Widlturtle snipes objectives.

There isn't a :thunk: big enough for this post

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

CODChimera posted:

I actually think WT has better teamfighting than DL but DL's laning phase is so much better the small teamfighting edge from WT isn't worth it.

That optic lineup looks like legit poo poo. Can't believe PoE left misfits for this other than the money...

So Clutch Gaming have Febi. So who doesn't have a midlaner left? Golden Guardians haven't announced anything I believe. Hai/Froggen are still free but I feel like there is a chance Loco will bring 2 brand new Koreans.

Some people are saying Ucal/Rush are going to be in a team together. Maybe its just reddit/inven rumor but I hope it's true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Regi commented on the mikeyeung announcement post saying they already found a team for Sven.