Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
Like, an extra $270 bucks or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Breakfast Feud posted:

Lol he’s gettin paid and you a pussyboy

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

There are animals and bugs! In the dark!

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

This is the goddamned truth.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Breakfast Feud posted:

I'm kind of with him on this one unless you live on the island of Dr Moreau or something.

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

Breakfast Feud posted:

per trip??

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

I don't know. On one hand the $270 is nice , but on the other hand you increase your chances of hitting a deer or whatever fairly large animal that can gently caress you up. Especially at night and when they are in the mating season.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar

limp_cheese posted:

I don't know. On one hand the $270 is nice , but on the other hand you increase your chances of hitting a deer or whatever fairly large animal that can gently caress you up. Especially at night and when they are in the mating season.

Tell us where the deer touched you.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Spend some of that overtime money on a proper roo-bar and you'll be laughing all the way to the bank.

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

I'm bad with money and you have an avatar!

Sormus posted:

One of my coworkers is the cause of 'Free lunches does not cover buffet' disclaimer at our work.
Some times our company gives each employee 1x Free lunch, for whatever reason. (To be fair that disclaimer wasnt there because the catering assumed that people arent jerks)

Few months ago he decided that free cant be wasted on normal meals, but instead must be minmaxed for gains.
Found another coworker to fill in on his station for his lunch break,
Built a leaning tower of School Food grade beef patties,
Rammed them into himself over a course of 1 and half hours (this did get him a verbal warning).
Finally had to leave few hours early due to not feeling too good.
Called in sick for next 2 days.

Last week, in a company party he realized there was free beer so he immediately got trashed and passed out.
Next work day he was visibly shaken since somebody had convinced him that he had missed out on a steak dinner.

I apologize if formatting is fucky, phone posting is hard

Is your coworker Farva

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
The workaholics are fine in workplaces where it isn't mandatory and means the people that want a life outside of work get a chance to spend time with their families. The reason I got Thanksgiving off is because somebody else would rather get 2.5x pay than spend time with their family. I've done both and while the money is really appealing, my job has low turnover and for a job I expect to be at for 20+ years and I'd rather be paid to be with my family than to be at work of given the choice.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

n8r posted:

Tell us where the deer touched you.

When I was younger I was curious if putting salt on my dick and having a deer lick it off would feel good. Alcohol was obviously involved with a healthy dose of my friends egging me on. So there I was, in the snow, with my pants down and salt on my dick when a deer came up. It took some coaxing but eventually we convinced the deer to start licking and it did feel good. Like getting a BJ from a girl with a large, flat tongue. Anyways, I forgot where I was up until the point when I cummed on its face. It obviously didn't take kindly to that and kicked me in the chest while running away. I was lucky I didn't break any ribs but it left a nasty bruise for months.

My friend's never let me live that one down.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.
Lol u poors, $270 is literally butthole change

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Drunk Tomato posted:

Lol u poors, $270 is literally butthole change

How do you get away with charging such an excessive price to use your butthole?

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009

limp_cheese posted:

When I was younger I was curious if putting salt on my dick and having a deer lick it off would feel good. Alcohol was obviously involved with a healthy dose of my friends egging me on. So there I was, in the snow, with my pants down and salt on my dick when a deer came up. It took some coaxing but eventually we convinced the deer to start licking and it did feel good. Like getting a BJ from a girl with a large, flat tongue. Anyways, I forgot where I was up until the point when I cummed on its face. It obviously didn't take kindly to that and kicked me in the chest while running away. I was lucky I didn't break any ribs but it left a nasty bruise for months.

drat I can't believe you felt fit to share this story about how you raped a deer.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Jim Barris posted:

drat I can't believe you felt fit to share this story about how you raped a deer.

Maybe limp_cheese is a really really big fan of the Foo Fighters and just misinterpreted their song "Dear lover"

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users :roboluv:

Blue Train posted:

How fat is he

Hes thin.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Deer are crepuscular, not nocturnal, so if it's dark he's probably fine. He might have to cope with the horror of seeing bugs though, can't help you there

grellgraxer
Nov 28, 2002

"I didn't fight a secret war in Nicaragua so you can walk these streets of freedom bad mouthing lady America, in your damn mirrored su

Baronjutter posted:

My friend was dating a very crazy person who could never hold down a job because she was crazy, but one one of those perpetual victims. She was never the common factor in why she was constantly getting fired, losing friends, and being evicted. She was also a hoarder and one of the things she loved to hoard was animals, especially snakes. She was constantly laying it on thick how poor she was while spending every bit of disposable income on getting just one more expensive snake. She had like a huge book shelf full of transparent bins full of snakes while living in filthy hoarder conditions, as well as other small caged pets. She always wanted to buy new ones but didn't take care of the existing ones so that fell to my poor friend. After they broke up and he was allowed out of his snake pit and have a social life again he was going over just how much of their monthly budget was going to her loving snake addiction, how they both made enough money to be perfectly financially stable but she was a hoarder and seemed to feed on being financially stressed all the time. And boy did she love telling everyone about how poor she was. It was her excuse for everything and she would jump at the chance to give a big long self-righteous rant about how her life is such a struggle everyone else can't possibly understand because no one but her knows the stresses of poverty.

The most enraging thing though was after one of her weekly posts about how horrible her poverty stricken life is (in between posts about the latest snake or body mod she got) she was posting about how stressful renting is and dealing with landlords and never feeling secure in housing feels. My wife, trying to be nice, posted that she understood the feeling as we were having to move due to financial reasons and the market here really is terrible and so many landlords don't allow pets so it must be even harder for her to find a place to fit all her pets. In return she got a big melt down lecture about how my wife can't possibly understand the true stresses of poverty or what it's like to actually live a life of financial uncertainty or how it feels to be poor in a city full of rich people and how until she's actually experienced REAL poverty she should save her attempts at sympathy and advice.

My wife grew up in Ukraine and then Moscow to a single mom during the collapse of the soviet union.

Snake person, pet hoarder, poor person buying body mods, perma-victim, social media tyrant. Checks a lot of loser boxes.

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

With the amount of OT you get on these jobs pulling 10-12 hour days it's an amount I can totally pass up if it means not having to deal with 6 hours of idiots tailing me with their high beams. I hate it because the glare reflects off my loving coke bottle lenses. Either way I get paid to drive and you almost always book OT on the trip out anyway. I am a huge pussy but if it means not having to drive at night in a snowstorm that's A-ok.

edit: the bug thing isn't cos it's gross it's cos it's a huge pain in the dick having to wipe off a giant layer of bug guts off the windshield and lights every few miles

I'm real sorry y'all poors who gotta scramble for extra pennies

autism ZX spectrum fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Nov 24, 2017

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Breakfast Feud posted:

With the amount of OT you get on these jobs pulling 10-12 hour days it's an amount I can totally pass up if it means not having to deal with 6 hours of idiots tailing me with their high beams. I hate it because the glare reflects off my loving coke bottle lenses. Either way I get paid to drive and you almost always book OT on the trip out anyway. I am a huge pussy but if it means not having to drive at night in a snowstorm that's A-ok.

edit: the bug thing isn't cos it's gross it's cos it's a huge pain in the dick having to wipe off a giant layer of bug guts off the windshield and lights every few miles

Oh no! Light! HIDE!!!

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Breakfast Feud posted:

He paid and you not, lmao

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
lol @ u capitalists ignoring work/life balance

me, an idiot: sits around at home drinking beer in sweatpants

you, an intellectual: volunteers for a 14 hour shift for a thankless company

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
When I worked for the government and we went on trips to different sites a lot of people would drive there instead of flying. We got paid for the travel time so they made more money that way, plus they got the mileage reimbursement, pretty sweet deal I guess. I think they were afraid of flying, or at least that is what they said.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Jim Barris posted:

Yeah, none of that was true. I just didn't feel like doing a quick reply to that other guy and decided to do some creative writing.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Jim knew but lol salt dick lollipop nice

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:
I moved halfway across the country and my roommate sat on our rental application for a week before submitting it because he didn't want us to spend $60 unless we were absolutely sure it was what we wanted.

Of course he didn't think about the cost of me driving out here and having somewhere to stay for an extra week past when I planned to move in, which is far more than $60. It wasn't even his money, I insisted on paying the application fee so that there was no risk for him submitting it.

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

When I was 9 for Christmas my grandparents gave me a 1992 almanac. It was Christmas of 1993.

When I was 7 they bought me a candle. It was red white and blue.

Explosive Tampons
Jul 9, 2014

Your days are gone!!!

limp_cheese posted:

You could have omitted the cum part. Actually you should've omitted the whole post

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
That post was deerily inept.

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

That post was deerily inept.

Dammit I wanted to make that joke

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

limp_cheese posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mokbek
Dec 19, 2014

Call Me The Shocker
A friend of mine works at this rich white people grocery store and told me about a woman whom will buy food, eat half of it and then return the rest claiming that it wasn't what they wanted.

Every. Single. Time.

No matter what she purchased, she would return it a few days later.

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

limp_cheese posted:

Yeah, none of that was true. I just didn't feel like doing a quick reply to that other guy and decided to do some creative writing.

nice back pedal, deer raper.

and just lol at the guy turning down $270 because driving with glasses is hard and bugs are icky. you could hire someone to drive you and still turn a profit.

Mokbek posted:

A friend of mine works at this rich white people grocery store and told me about a woman whom will buy food, eat half of it and then return the rest claiming that it wasn't what they wanted.

this is really common among olds

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

He died for your sins, he rose for your BRAINS

Hoshi posted:

I moved halfway across the country and my roommate sat on our rental application for a week before submitting it because he didn't want us to spend $60 unless we were absolutely sure it was what we wanted.

Of course he didn't think about the cost of me driving out here and having somewhere to stay for an extra week past when I planned to move in, which is far more than $60. It wasn't even his money, I insisted on paying the application fee so that there was no risk for him submitting it.

Someone not even willing to pay SOMEONE ELSE'S money, for a necessary application, is a massive red flag. I wouldn't move in with that person. Did their cheapness cause you to regret sharing a house later?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Mokbek posted:

Every. Single. Time.

No matter what she purchased, she would return it a few days later.

I know some people who work at the food bank and they tell me they constantly get smug rich dudes who want to load up their lexus SUV with food bank food. "Is the food not free? Oh are you checking the income of everyone else?" they end up just giving them the food because it's way too much trouble to deny them. Every time they get the food they walk away with the biggest poo poo eating grin as if they had just "proved a point"

A lot of rich people are incredibly hosed up.

normal-ass vampire
Feb 14, 2011
One Christmas my grandmother gave me what every ten-year-old girl dreams of finding under the tree: a used washcloth and four feet of twine.

She was pretty well-off, but she grew up in the Depression and it had a very obvious effect on her.

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:

ZombieJesus posted:

Someone not even willing to pay SOMEONE ELSE'S money, for a necessary application, is a massive red flag. I wouldn't move in with that person. Did their cheapness cause you to regret sharing a house later?

It's happening right now, I'm staying with my friend's very generous parents! I still don't feel great about it, but we've had a lot of conversations about it, including having him calculate what it would cost for me to be here without the great people who took me in.

We'll see whether I regret it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Baronjutter posted:

I know some people who work at the food bank and they tell me they constantly get smug rich dudes who want to load up their lexus SUV with food bank food. "Is the food not free? Oh are you checking the income of everyone else?" they end up just giving them the food because it's way too much trouble to deny them. Every time they get the food they walk away with the biggest poo poo eating grin as if they had just "proved a point"

A lot of rich people are incredibly hosed up.

Actually the way to handle this is to treat them like they are poor people and intentionally include extra information about the available warming centers and stuff. They HATE this. They want to be the rich person who beat the system, if you treat them like poor widdle lost souls who needs some foods and bwankets, they loving hate it. They get furious. haha it owns.

• Locked thread