Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
Templar pizza totems

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

..btt
Mar 26, 2008

silvergoose posted:

For abyss I'm going to want something tanky, because my worst problem every character I play is getting one shot by bosses and it's annoying.

I've found that, unless you mean random little hits are killing you from full life, this is far more often a problem with playstyle than gear/build. Path is pretty heavy in mechanics you have to dodge, even if you have >15k effective life (thanks Vaal Pact, won't miss you). Still, playing traps or mines might help you with that since you can't use leech as a crutch.

..btt fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Nov 24, 2017

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

It's probably play style, yeah. But the last couple characters I played were RF sr, which sitting in place made me die, and now flicker strike which I avoid boss oneshots mostly by being too fast, which eventually leads to death anyway.

Traps or the like feels like I'd spend boss fights actually dodging, instead of trying to tank or be lucky, and I'm aiming to learn that dodging playstyle.

Does that make sense?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
It's one of the strengths of running totems/traps/mines - you've generally got more focus to dodge poo poo.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
or play golems and just die exactly once on each boss (if at all)

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord
Weta pets are 1 point right now, if anyone is looking to buy a bunch of them...

The March Hare fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Nov 24, 2017

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
"The items on sale change every hour on the hour"
oh gently caress off

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

think spectres would be viable in mayhem?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I skipped Turmoil, undecided on if I'm gonna play Mayhem, or for that matter what I'd play it as

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I'm planning on doing virtually no trading this race since it's voided and I don't give a gently caress. I need an Al Dhih for my BV decay occultist and that's it.

Of course since it's voided that means I'll almost assuredly have a ton of currency drop that is in no way related to Mayhem mechanics.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
I'm gonna set up a firing line of four dark pact totems and then wither-cwc-summon skeletons about it.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Ferrinus posted:

I'm gonna set up a firing line of four dark pact totems and then wither-cwc-summon skeletons about it.

I don't think totems will cast Dark Pact on your skeletons, but I saw the fabled Skeleton Trap/Dark Pact Mine build so maybe?

I'm thinking of just going Skeleton Dark Pact Trickster and stack poison damage off of six pulses of damage.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

The totems do DP your skeletons, gives you some good boss dps.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
I did a selfcast skeletons -> selfcast dark pact necromancer in turmoil and I think it's literally impossible to do a PBAoE dark pact if you have even a single skeleton anywhere onscreen, so DP totems should obey the same rule. (I also found a guide for someone else doing basically the same thing to confirm it works)

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

anyroom in the guild?
Character name : LeninMayhem

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

I love Sarcastic Chris Wilson.

LeninVS posted:

anyroom in the guild?
Character name : LeninMayhem

Sent

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

I wish I got a hundred thousand wetas, drat

Elerion
May 31, 2011
Anyone trying the BV Decay / Al Dinh build - please report on its efficiency. Considering that for Abyss if patch doesn’t mess it up.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

Elerion posted:

Anyone trying the BV Decay / Al Dinh build - please report on its efficiency. Considering that for Abyss if patch doesn’t mess it up.

I'm also considering this - the guy who was #1 in occultist for turmoil was using it until he ripped (hilariously). Assuming the patch notes don't gently caress it up, i assume its a good build. I was gonna build essence drain and then swap over at like 68, does that seem right?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I am doing BV decay occultist right now. I am 36, but I've got the claw! I'll have everything working in a 4L soonish.

You're basically leveling as hybrid ED/contagion/blight until that point so it's pretty good. The only reasons I've died so far are due to Mayhem shenanigans, otherwise I've been at zero risk despite playing really stupid.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Vasudus posted:

I am doing BV decay occultist right now. I am 36, but I've got the claw! I'll have everything working in a 4L soonish.

You're basically leveling as hybrid ED/contagion/blight until that point so it's pretty good. The only reasons I've died so far are due to Mayhem shenanigans, otherwise I've been at zero risk despite playing really stupid.

Is it hybrid or life or ci and do you use mom?

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.
Why do people on streams talk about using Rogue Exiles to farm a Tabula Rasa?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Attorney at Funk posted:

Why do people on streams talk about using Rogue Exiles to farm a Tabula Rasa?

guaranteed chest armor drop with bonus rarity.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.

please knock Mom! posted:

Is it hybrid or life or ci and do you use mom?

he was hybrid then swapped to CI shortly before dying (he died by being too sleepy to realize that he was playing like poo poo, ran out of flasks and then died to a bleed because he thought he was still hybrid)

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Syle187 posted:

This is definitely not true. Several totem builds have nice clearspeed, considering you can drop the totems and continue moving while they kill stuff. Traps are trash and have cool downs. Have you actually played with either?

I played warchief totems last league, pizza totems, rf totems way before they were 'vogue' , and spork totems in the only league totems were good. This is when I slap my sperglord play time and kiwi mtx on the table and say "yes I have, zip it you dork"

Totem clear speed is maybe not great lol

And the playstyle is extremely not fun, objectively. Warchief totems is so good and easy, but if you call it fun you're lying.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

I played warchief totems last league, pizza totems, rf totems way before they were 'vogue' , and spork totems in the only league totems were good. This is when I slap my sperglord play time and kiwi mtx on the table and say "yes I have, zip it you dork"

And the playstyle is extremely not fun, objectively. Warchief totems is so good and easy, but if you call it fun you're lying.

drat you're dumb and bad at posting lol

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

And the playstyle is extremely not fun, objectively.

This is some tcjimbo level poo poo right here

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Flameblast totems is the single most boring build I've ever played

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
So I switched to BV decay at level 43 / Act 5. I don't really care for it, at least out the gate. We'll see how it handles once the decay gem gets some levels.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

fly away nerd

MDDY
Mar 21, 2008

Its fine if you personally don't find them fun. Totems however, are "objectively" very solid for fast atlas progression and ladder pushing. #4 on the HC ladder this league was FP totems. They don't have KB/VPS/Geared TS clearspeed, but saying they are slow is wrong.

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Avoid Symmetry, Allow Complexity, Introduce Terror
Quad frost bolt totems is plenty fun and one of the fastest mapping builds I've ever played.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
I really like playing my Warchief totem dude. I don't really see the difference between him and other AoE builds gameplay-wise.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

War-THUMP-chie-THUMP-f tote-THUMP-ms own-THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Can anyone recommend a good item filter for Mayhem?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Fister Roboto posted:

Can anyone recommend a good item filter for Mayhem?

http://www.filterblade.xyz/ semi strict for the first 10 levels, strict after that

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
10 day races screw with my head. I got to 44, hate BV decay (it's probably very good I just can't be bothered to level with it) and was about to go through all the effort of respeccing or rerolling when I realized what the hell is the point. I could keep leveling as ED but I don't want to be an occultist for that, and I hate hybrid builds. Ugh.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Vasudus posted:

10 day races screw with my head. I got to 44, hate BV decay (it's probably very good I just can't be bothered to level with it) and was about to go through all the effort of respeccing or rerolling when I realized what the hell is the point. I could keep leveling as ED but I don't want to be an occultist for that, and I hate hybrid builds. Ugh.

Yeah, just get one more level for the raffle ticket and enjoy your time off til Abyss starts.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Vasudus posted:

Got any levelling tips? I wanna try bv decay occ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

please knock Mom! posted:

Got any levelling tips? I wanna try bv decay occ

Level as ED/Contagion/Blight until whenever, just make sure you get a Decay gem at 38 and stick it somewhere. Your damage is almost entirely based off that gem.