Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

jBrereton posted:

Has he made many more insane statements since the one about france being neither western nor european due to its location on every continent on the earth?

Ooof. I thought Melenchon was kinda okay given his opposition to Macron's neoliberalism.

France isn't going to have any labor laws left by next election, will they

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Melenchon is at least as much a nationalist as a leftist, his insane statements are very much representative of that

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

https://twitter.com/jessicaelgot/status/934020230669570048

https://twitter.com/jessicaelgot/status/934030926086115330

May's laptop has a folder named 'Brexit Plans' and the only thing in it is an animated GIF of a cartoon monkey on a unicycle

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Fallen Hamprince posted:

https://twitter.com/jessicaelgot/status/934020230669570048

https://twitter.com/jessicaelgot/status/934030926086115330

May's laptop has a folder named 'Brexit Plans' and the only thing in it is an animated GIF of a cartoon monkey on a unicycle

THE

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/DanielHewittITV...agenumber%3D183

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

May's terror attack

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

She did let Abedi go to Syria.

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

Love too piss off one of the UK 's largest cities to save a tiny amount of money.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
I hate her so much lol

"You have been spendthrift about this suicide bombing on little girls" is the kind of attitude that should get your government thrown out of office anywhere in the world.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Fallen Hamprince posted:

May's terror attack

new thread title

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

UrbicaMortis posted:

Love too piss off one of the UK 's largest cities to save a tiny amount of money.

Safe Labour area, therefore as far as the tories are concerned it can sink into the sea

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

manchester voted remain and therefore its inhabitants are Citizens of Nowhere who deserve to suffer for their crime of not being xenophobic morons like good and proper englishmen

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Barry Foster posted:

Safe Labour area, therefore as far as the tories are concerned it can sink into the sea

The city itself is but I'm pretty sure there are a lot of marginals in the surrounding area.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/IanLaveryMP/status/934028835217055744

this wrestling promo is real weird

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
they run bath in the uk?

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

he's not wrong

the lib dems held Bath by 17 points in the last election

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Fallen Hamprince posted:

he's not wrong

the lib dems held Bath by 17 points in the last election

lmao

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
I always thought Bath was Bristol for post cunts

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out
I knew farron was a religious extremist but I had no idea the lib dems were a bathist party

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

I liked Bath when I visited it. :(

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
no one buys that any goon knows anything about baths

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Lawman 0 posted:

It's quite nice to visit but terminally boring to live there.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
My most distinct memory from visiting Bath was that they inexplicably covered the interior of the Roman ruins with glowing electronic screens. Everywhere you turn there's another electronic display showing recreations of the town or giving you a top down display of cartoony little simulation Romans walking around a 3D rendered version of what they think the town / baths looked like. It completely eliminated any sense of history you might have gotten from standing in a building that is at least partially 2,000 years old when there's a display monitor next to you running the equivalent of The Sims: Ancient Rome edition.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
El Chico Absoluto

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Helsing posted:

My most distinct memory from visiting Bath was that they inexplicably covered the interior of the Roman ruins with glowing electronic screens. Everywhere you turn there's another electronic display showing recreations of the town or giving you a top down display of cartoony little simulation Romans walking around a 3D rendered version of what they think the town / baths looked like. It completely eliminated any sense of history you might have gotten from standing in a building that is at least partially 2,000 years old when there's a display monitor next to you running the equivalent of The Sims: Ancient Rome edition.

yeah id play that if they had serious roman mechanics like that tv show and like your son hides he worships jesus boom lions

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Lawman 0 posted:

yeah its lovely, and last time i was there i ate a lot of v good food

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

How's it goin', thread?

Cerebral Bore posted:

Set a maximum voting age of 60 and raise it with one year annually until the boomers and their garbage opinions have died off.

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

have the strength of your vote depend on how much longer on average you have to live

I endorse both of these ideas

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Squizzle posted:

Come to Bristol if you visit the UK again, Squizzle. It's a very cool and welcoming city.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Squizzle posted:

yeah eastern nc style bbq is good af

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Baloogan posted:

god i love bojo and i don't even know why

Inventive racism?

Makes Jeremy Clarkson look like Ban Kai-Moon?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

jBrereton posted:

I hate her so much lol

"You have been spendthrift about this suicide bombing on little girls" is the kind of attitude that should get your government thrown out of office anywhere in the world.

instead it has people like obama calling up with insider info on your political opponents :lol:

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

Condiv posted:

instead it has people like obama calling up with insider info on your political opponents :lol:

Inside information which appropriately turned out to be completely wrong:

The Guardian posted:

Barack Obama 'rang with reassurance for May' on election night

Former president said Labour was expecting losses and Andrew Marr told Tories results of exit poll early, book claims

Barack Obama rang Conservative headquarters on election night with a mistaken but reassuring message for Theresa May because Labour insiders had told him the party was expecting to lose seats, according to a new book about the election.

Shortly before the exit poll, which sent shockwaves through both party headquarters, the former US president contacted a friend in Tory central office with the soothing news that Labour was expecting to see the Conservatives increase their majority.

The revelation is contained in extracts from a new book, Betting the House, by the journalists Tom McTague and Tim Ross, published in the Mail on Sunday, that the prime minister appeared to be a germaphobe and reluctant to visit party HQ as a result - and that the results of the election night exit poll leaked early.

They write that Fiona Hill, one of May’s joint chiefs of staff, was tipped off a few minutes in advance about the result of the exit poll, which is usually tightly guarded by broadcasters.

The BBC presenter Andrew Marr admits to having contacted Tory HQ with details of the exit poll that contradicted Obama’s message before the results were announced but told the authors it was only seconds before 10pm. Details of the poll are kept to a very small team of senior staff.

The initial reaction to the exit poll, which is a large-scale survey of thousands of voters as they leave their polling stations, was disbelief. May’s other chief of staff, Nick Timothy, reportedly winked and told a colleague: “Don’t worry about that, it’s all fine. Nothing we’ve seen says anything like it.”

But as results from constituencies up and down the country confirmed the accuracy of the exit poll, Timothy apparently wondered aloud whether May should consider stepping down rather than endure the wave of criticism that would follow. The book claims that May’s husband, Philip, thought that his tearful wife might have to resign for the sake of her “wellbeing”.

But the authors claim May became determined to stay on after the Brexit secretary, David Davis, said he would support her, and she received a text message from Boris Johnson in the early hours of the morning urging her to keep her “chin up”, and promising: “We are with you and behind you.”

The pair were considered the most likely leadership contenders in the aftermath of the catastrophic election result.

The authors also reveal that May rarely visited party workers, fearing that Conservative HQ was “a pit of germs”. “There were quite a lot of germs flying around,” one Conservative source said.

When the prime minister did finally arrive to give a morale-boosting speech to staff, it was a rehash of her already wearily familiar stump speech. “It was all ‘strong and stable’ and the risks of Corbyn’s ‘coalition of chaos’. I couldn’t believe it,” one eyewitness said.

Some party workers began visibly checking their phones for Twitter updates. “This was the prime minister of the United Kingdom talking in the middle of an election to her own campaign staff and she couldn’t even hold the room,” the source told McTague and Ross.

The extracts suggest May’s advisers were bitterly divided between presenting her as a radical reformer, or the “strong and stable” face of continuity.

At an “away day” in February in her country retreat, Chequers, May’s political strategist Chris Wilkins and Timothy set out a series of social and economic reforms, and said the prime minister must be presented as “the person who always fought for relentless change”.

But Crosby, the Australian elections expert, dismissed their approach as “classic populist woolly bullshit”, according to the book.

Crosby told the senior advisers, who had gathered to discuss the party’s strategy over a meal of chicken lasagne and potatoes: “By the way, mate, it’s not about being the change candidate, it’s about doing what people want.”

Crosby, regarded as one of the masterminds of David Cameron’s unexpected victory in 2015, was sceptical about the idea of an early election, which May had repeatedly said was not necessary. But he and colleague Mark Textor nevertheless took on the job of advising the Conservatives.

When the election campaign kicked off, the stripped down message of strong and stable leadership became the central thrust of the Tory campaign – and allowed Labour to present Jeremy Corbyn as offering a radical alternative for voters disgruntled with the status quo.

Wilkins told Ross and McTague: “In the campaign, we basically just screwed the brand completely, hers and the party’s. We suddenly became the establishment candidate and Corbyn the candidate for change.”

Timothy was determined to press ahead with some policies for change – including the controversial changes to social care funding that were included in the manifesto.

And May reportedly backed his determination to include detailed policy in the closely guarded document, despite Crosby’s argument that: “I hate policy, it only causes problems.”

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Barry is a sad man lol

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
booooooooooooooojooooooooooooooooo

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

We taught the Saudis how best to use bombs to cause famine and genocide the people of Yemen.

So A) We didn't think they'd actually try to fully wipe out Yemen
Or
B) We did think so but have got cold feet at the horror
Or
C) it's all meaningless rhetoric to make us look good while we continue to make the bombs and point them at targets for the saudis

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
u should feel blessed to be represented by bojo on the world stage

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Baloogan posted:

u should feel blessed to be represented by bojo on the world stage

it certainly seems appropriate for the UK

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

nopantsjack posted:

We taught the Saudis how best to use bombs to cause famine and genocide the people of Yemen.
Nah thank Nasser for that.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
everything is going to be all right
bojo be your guiding light

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

jBrereton posted:

Nah thank Nasser for that.

I mean this https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/apr/15/uk-army-officers-provide-targeting-training-saudi-military

"Make sure to target the farms old chum, they don't like it up em."