Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Action George
Apr 13, 2013
3/11 Quistis OSB, Luneth BSB, Terra LMR.

It's ok I guess. Luneth's spear having +wind is nice and Terra's LMR is my first. Don't have anything to go with it except her OSB unfortunately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

My Black Friday pull was poop. 4/11 with 1 disco: Deuce BSB (decent but I'll probably never get much use out of it), Vivi BSB1 (already have BSB2), Penelo BSB (dupe) and ......... Lann OSB.

Thanks, game.

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005
Black Friday draw went 3/11 with Celes OSB (which is super weird), Leila BSB (bleh, good for synergy I guess) and Zidane BSB2 (dupe). Not great!

I definitely needed some water relics so I pulled twice on the X banner:
1/11 - Paine SSB
1/11 - Paine SSB

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.

Elephant Ambush posted:

Don't use a mage team. Cloud USB is just fine for the A+

I used a physical team after looking up the silence odds online. Which was my point, that the description is bad and Dr. Mog is a liar.

But thanks I guess.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Welp, 150 mythrtil and 5 Paine SSBs later, I at least have some water BSBs for Rikku and Tidus. And this rate I'm never gonna see a DPS USB in my lifetime.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Prism posted:

First, I made a pull on FFX. 2x Wakka LMR. Doesn't even deserve a picture. But then I did Black Friday's.

...that'll do. Time to smash faces with Squall. Maybe I'll even do a physical run of Fenrir. How often does his Blink pop up?

Outside of the initial one a few turns in, it always seems to pop up right before I fire off Ayame's BSB. :smith:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

I used a physical team after looking up the silence odds online. Which was my point, that the description is bad and Dr. Mog is a liar.

But thanks I guess.

Why would you ever trust anything Dr. Mog says?

He's a stupid rear end in a top hat.

private message
Aug 22, 2004
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]
Black Friday Pull:
1x Y'shtola USB
1x Ashe OSB (dupe)
1x Rikku USB (dupe)

At least I got a white mage stat stick.

What's the best way to use dived Tidus? CSB -> USB -> BSB2? Or would CSB -> USB -> SS spam be better?

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

But thanks I guess.

After Dr mog told me to throw black magic at the green dragon, I will never trust that lying little fucker again.

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.

Elephant Ambush posted:

Why would you ever trust anything Dr. Mog says?

He's a stupid rear end in a top hat.

Mog just loving hates mages in general. So many bosses where he conveniently forgets to mention reflect status.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Black Friday:

Lulu USB
Vayne LMR
Ramza BSB

Iga Blade is my 3rd so I guess I'll have an 8* sword, LMR is my first, but don't have any relics for Vayne, and I have no idea about Lulu USB.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

X rage pull turned out okay!

Would rather have had tidus 6* rather than my first paine relic, but if I was gonna get one Payne relic this one seems decent enough.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Lulu USB is pretty rad if you have magic ice ability options.

Even radder if you dive her to get her double-cast LM2.

Even radder if you have +ice armor like her BSB armor to go along with it.

Pretty, pretty rad.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Elephant Ambush posted:

Don't use a mage team. Cloud USB is just fine for the A+
His initial rate of damage is high enough that I couldn't slot in RW Cloud USB as proposed to the usual trinity. And as for the silence proc, I just moved most of the group up front to bypass it.

As it happened Zanmato killed most of the party purely on account of damage (Y'shtola went down first :rip:), but my two survivors were my primary DPS and thus I still achieved mastery.

jebeebus
May 2, 2005

FF7F00 Cocos Nucifera
Morus : Passiflora Edulis
Cherimoya : Castanea
Synsepalum+(Citrus x limon)
Monstera : L. chinensis

Auron and Locke get some nice disco balls to add to their lone BSBs, and the others are dupes. Not bad.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Pander posted:

Lulu USB is pretty rad if you have magic ice ability options.

Even radder if you dive her to get her double-cast LM2.

Even radder if you have +ice armor like her BSB armor to go along with it.

Pretty, pretty rad.

Well, good to know, thanks!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The ice orbs are all mine now.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Did a X pull, 1/11 Tidus LRM.

Well that was a giant waste of mythril.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Infidel Castro posted:

Did a X pull, 1/11 Tidus LRM.

Well that was a giant waste of mythril.

It's a +water armor!

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
3/11 black Friday

Firion osb (to go with USB, so good)
Desch usb (ugh it's desch)
Lulu lmr (lulu ugh)

The firion USB+osb makes him a solid holy sb user, though he has no holy access in his regular abilities as far as I can tell...

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

Black Friday 5/11 all BSBs, only 1 dupe:

Kain
Rinoa
Desch
Kuja
Paine (dupe)

No complaints here, though I'd have happily traded all 5 for a single useful USB.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Is Dark Zone getting a buff in the upcoming patch?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Ashe BSB
Curilla lmr(no sb)
Nine lmr(no sb)

Garbage.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Ashe's BSB is pretty good if it's not a dupe.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Yeah, despite it's age it's actually still a really good mage BSB. If I recall rightly, it doesn't pay the usual "Enspell Tax" that other mage bursts do plus the C1 has a nice self-heal attached for good utility.

Also the light armor itself is +Lightning too.

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

Ashe's BSB is really, really good. She routinely does more damage per hit than any of my other mages except maybe Kuja (who needs Doom to hit that hard and doesn't self heal) and as was mentioned, the armor gives +lightning, which is real nice. The only drawback of the burst is that her cmd1 is lightning only and doesn't have a non-elemental chaser. If you legend dive her, she can easily do 9999x8 to Bismark with her cmd1. Not as flashy as Lightning's USB, but still very powerful.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Is Sapphire Shot getting buffed in the upcoming ability buffs patch?

Trying to sort out what do with with Tidus now that I have his USB and LM. I was thinking Lifesiphon/Sapphire Shot with Ace Striker. He’s definitely next on my list to dive once I finish Bartz.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

BGrifter posted:

Trying to sort out what do with with Tidus now that I have his USB and LM. I was thinking Lifesiphon/Sapphire Shot with Ace Striker. He’s definitely next on my list to dive once I finish Bartz.

IIRC it goes to 4 hits like the 5* spellblades, and has a higher total multiplier than Engulfing Twinstrike if you are using a ranged weapon.

(Do they change the name of the Twinstrikes when they switch to four hits?)

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

BGrifter posted:

USB -> Cloud USB -> Sapphire Shot spam

That's really all you need. Get him to 99 for his +30% water damage RM, and either Lifesiphon him to one bar or have another character Entrust him. Ace Striker just means more SB juice, and Sapphire Shot + chaser is actually higher dps than his USB.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Prism posted:

IIRC it goes to 4 hits like the 5* spellblades, and has a higher total multiplier than Engulfing Twinstrike if you are using a ranged weapon.

(Do they change the name of the Twinstrikes when they switch to four hits?)

Actually it's got a higher multiplier than the 5* spellblades even without a ranged weapon, and just gets even stronger with a ranged weapon. And it's inherently ranged. Yeah.

Spellblades got totally hosed over compared to shooter abilities, honestly.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
They cover more elements at least? :shrug:

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
it seems like stronger/better-supported characters favor spellblades, too

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Having gotten Steiner's BSB1 from my Black Friday lucky I decided to look at the potencies and stuff in comparison to spellblades.

Assuming you're hitting something fire weak/imperiled you get 5 hits from the Burst C1 at 260 total potency while Blazing Twinstrike (after the skill buffs) is 4 hits for a total of 320 potency. Is the extra hit worth the hit in potency to make it more useful over Blazing Twinstrike? I know in a lot of cases more hits is preferred for damage cap scenarios but I don't know how much that will come up with a burst command doing 52 potency per hit.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Having gotten Steiner's BSB1 from my Black Friday lucky I decided to look at the potencies and stuff in comparison to spellblades.

Assuming you're hitting something fire weak/imperiled you get 5 hits from the Burst C1 at 260 total potency while Blazing Twinstrike (after the skill buffs) is 4 hits for a total of 320 potency. Is the extra hit worth the hit in potency to make it more useful over Blazing Twinstrike? I know in a lot of cases more hits is preferred for damage cap scenarios but I don't know how much that will come up with a burst command doing 52 potency per hit.

I think every question like this has the same answer: "are you capping the fewer-hit ability? If so, more hits is better. If not, then no."

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

With the Ninja buff is coming up I should probably dive a ninja. Probably Edge since I have his Eblan Doppleganger and the right motes for him

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

ceaselessfuture posted:

I think every question like this has the same answer: "are you capping the fewer-hit ability? If so, more hits is better. If not, then no."

So basically experiment with 'em a bit and see what sticks. Steiner BSB isn't very fancy or anything especially in the realm of USBs and the ability buffs right around the corner, but I was thinking/hoping maybe the extra hits against weakness may make it a bit more competitive. Especially because it's good 'ol Rusty and I'm glad to have something neat for him. His LD looks really solid as well.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

All the trash stages in the X event (or maybe all of them? Haven't gotten that far) being only a single round is one of the best things Dena has ever done and I hope this is how all events are going forward.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

All the trash stages in the X event (or maybe all of them? Haven't gotten that far) being only a single round is one of the best things Dena has ever done and I hope this is how all events are going forward.

That is indeed the format, yup.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Thats how the norm is gonna be now? Bunch of levels with only 1 round from now on?

Seems like I came back at a good time. Black Friday draws were kind of lame,
Umaro BSB Hammer that's clearly an Axe
Deuce(what kind of girl literally calls herself poo poo?) Legend Materia Hat
FUJIN OSB throw thingy.

The last one seems like a winner at least.

and because im stupid I did 2 gem pulls for more Rydia poo poo.Got 2 more scorpions, bunch of claws(grats on moving up the world Ursula), and her loli outfit.

Shoenin fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Nov 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Umaro BSB is actually deceptively rad because the C2 lets him feed instantcast to people repeatedly. Creative use can result in some shenanigans.

• Locked thread