Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Tsaedje posted:

You appear to be missing Max Chilton there

Dunno about that. Pretty sure his money kept Marussia alive far longer than it would have done without him which was nice. Also he may have been slow but he hardly ever got into incidents and I'm pretty sure he upset Vettel a couple of times which is cool and good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Is anyone who managed a full season more forgettable than Jerome D'Ambrosio?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Tsaedje posted:

Vernge

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I'm sure this 33 year old man that failed to get the better of Kazuki Nakajima in a second rate feeder series will set the world on fire.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Vergne kicked rear end.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Tsaedje posted:

If you wanna go back to the 2000s: Robert Doornbos.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Without looking name the 6 finishers of the 2005 USGP

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

It’s always worth reminding everyone that a billionaire father forcing his son into F1 through sheer force of will is NOT the same as a regular pay driver.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

wicka posted:

Schumacher Barrichello Monteiro Fisico? Albers Zsolt

I only feel bad about getting one of these wrong. The other is completely forgettable.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Schumi
Barrichello
Monteiro
Karthikeyan
Albers

I forget the last guy.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Tsaedje posted:

Tiago Monteiro triumphantly foisting that trophy up in the air as Rubens and Michael walk off completely embarrassed.

Karthikeyan racing to whatever he finished in in the team that was Jordan but wasn't Jordan since Eddie had sold it by then with Christjian "My "tooth" mysteriously aches just before races on two occasions now and thankfully Kolles, my team boss, is a former dentist or whatever and helped me by injecting something directly into my scrotum for an extra tenth a lap" Albers...

I can't remember the last guy.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
lol Patrick Friesacher

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

wicka posted:

Schumacher Barrichello Monteiro Fisico? Albers Zsolt

Human Grand Prix posted:

Schumi
Barrichello
Monteiro
Karthikeyan
Albers

I forget the last guy.

Correct. You are looking for an Austrian for the final Minardi driver

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Somehow in trying to quote myself the Awful app just edited the post I was trying to quote, lmao. Regardless, Tsaedje has made his point.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Wirth1000 posted:

lol Patrick Friesacher

BINGO

e:and Montiero and Karthikeyan were driving Jordans or at least cars still called Jordans

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Human Grand Prix posted:

He's too young and has basically no experience, and was pushed though into the big time because of 1.) His results in junior formulae 2.) Money and 3.) The bad precedent Max Verstappen set.

I think this was damned if you do, damned if you don't for red bull. Pick up Max early, set the precedent. Don't and he goes elsewhere.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Tsaedje posted:

Correct. You are looking for an Austrian for the final Minardi driver

I believe Narain was the first South Asian driver to score points., which is why I remembered.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

iospace posted:

I think this was damned if you do, damned if you don't for red bull. Pick up Max early, set the precedent. Don't and he goes elsewhere.

The market is correcting itself. Gambles on ultra youngos is proving to not pay off for other teams. See: Stroll, Lance.

I still remember in 2006 when Lewis was announced for '07 and people lost their loving minds about how he was way too young at the ancient age of 22/23. I was one of them. I wanted Alonso/de la Rosa.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Human Grand Prix posted:

I believe Narain was the first South Asian driver to score points., which is why I remembered.

Wasn't there some random rear end Thai nobleman driver who scored points in the 50s?

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Mike Thackwell and Esteban Tuero were both teens iirc when they started driving. Both failed, and Thackwell's story was particularly sad.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

JEV was loving quality you bloody binman. Jfc what is with the terrible opinions in this thread?

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Wasn't there some random rear end Thai nobleman driver who scored points in the 50s?

Oh yeah, B.Bira.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Theophany posted:

JEV was loving quality you bloody binman. Jfc what is with the terrible opinions in this thread?

Nah

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

iospace posted:

And it’s easy to see how awkward it is for Ferrari and McLaren to try and find competitive seats in other series (or occasionally at smaller F1 teams) so they don’t lose their younger academy drivers. Of course Ferrari could easily solve that by getting rid of Kimi.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Human Grand Prix posted:

Oh yeah, B.Bira.

Lol he wasn't just a nobleman he was actually in the Thai royal family. 50s F1 was weird.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Somewhere in the multiverse there's a reality where Alonso was partnered in 2007 by Gary Paffet

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Lol he wasn't just a nobleman he was actually in the Thai royal family. 50s F1 was weird.

50s F1 raving on 20 km triangles.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Tsaedje posted:

Somewhere in the multiverse there's a reality where Alonso was partnered in 2007 by Gary Paffet

Next to the one where Prodrive actually happened and didn't implode

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Wirth1000 posted:

50s F1 raving on 20 km triangles.

Racing cars which predated the second World War, no less

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Feels Villeneuve posted:

A Habsburg races in F3 so we might see another one.

Also;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jorge_Bagration_of_Mukhrani

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Racing cars which predated the second World War, no less

Seriously though what track is that I'm thinking of? It was extremely long and was basically a triangle across an entire city or something.

Tripoli? Morocco?

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I think one of the Italian races was basically a giant triangle. Avus was madness though.

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
There was a demo of the 360 camera earlier, I posted the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xQZP1AInPA

It's not super high res, and I doubt we will get user selectable viewpoints right away, but with digital streaming it should be possible to offer that type of thing.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Cool.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Avus should replace Monaco imho.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Tsaedje posted:

Thats a good one, MSC and Rubens obviously, only Jordan and Minardi, but I'm screwed to remember any names there except Albers

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Theophany posted:

lmao the pot calling the kettle black over here

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Human Grand Prix posted:

A Habsburg races in F3 so we might see another one.

Also;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jorge_Bagration_of_Mukhrani

loving LOL that guy tried twice and F1 was just like "Uhhh, nah dude."

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Not sure if this was posted here yet:

Shark fins won’t make 2018 F1 return

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/shark-fins-gone-next-season-982404/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
If we are talking about bad pay drivers, remeber that time Frankie Muniz blew all of his Malcom in the middle money buying his way into champ car, only to be average at best, and now he has to do stuff like Hot Bath an' a Stiff Drink 2, Sharknado 3: Oh Hell No!, and dancing with the stars to pay the bills.

• Locked thread