Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Halo14 posted:

Not sure if this was posted here yet:

Shark fins won’t make 2018 F1 return

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/shark-fins-gone-next-season-982404/

This can only be good news for Our Fernando.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
I can't wait to see Nando win the 2018 WDC

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

GramCracker posted:

I can't wait to see Nando do anything

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
It's pretty funny that a bunch of teams looked at the rules, decided it was too hard to work without a sharkfin and thought they could just change the rules to favour themselves in the full knowledge that they needed a unanimous decision and there was bound to be at least one team actually designing a car to the formula agreed upon

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

But actually this tho

I'm full mast for him to win the 24H of Daytona. Might even buy a Strollex if Nando wins

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Tsaedje posted:

It's pretty funny that a bunch of teams looked at the rules, decided it was too hard to work without a sharkfin and thought they could just change the rules to favour themselves in the full knowledge that they needed a unanimous decision and there was bound to be at least one team actually designing a car to the formula agreed upon

Sounds like every rules meeting in F1, yeah.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

learnincurve posted:

If we are talking about bad pay drivers, remeber that time Frankie Muniz blew all of his Malcom in the middle money buying his way into champ car, only to be average at best, and now he has to do stuff like Hot Bath an' a Stiff Drink 2, Sharknado 3: Oh Hell No!, and dancing with the stars to pay the bills.

He only made it up to Atlantics, and was teammates with Simona.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Wirth1000 posted:

This right here is Liberty's dream. WWE style entrances like in the USGP, the metric system being thrown away and replaced by the imperial system, slowly phase in more and more US locations while introducing artifical cautions and safety cars.

Agreed, I fully expect them to announce Mac and Cheese as F1's official snack and have the drivers have a bowl on the podium

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
dear 1500quid

i am convinced that you just havent properly been introduced with good macarony and cheese, here you go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDlhpgiTYl4

signed,
ohsh

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

OhsH posted:

dear 1500quid

i am convinced that you just havent properly been introduced with good macarony and cheese, here you go

signed,
ohsh

Macaron and cheese the Chanoch Nissany of side dishes

poty
Jun 21, 2008

1500quidporsche posted:

Hamilton came into a team blatantly in his favour and prejudiced against his team mate.

I can't believe you bought into the fake news, the only reason Alonso could even get close to Lewis was McLaren's senior management heavily rooting for him.

Just ask yourself, which one of the two is still driving for McLaren? Have they even made Lewis an offer?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

OhsH posted:

dear 1500quid

signed,
ohsh

You know this woman knows her poo poo because of how much she loves Aldi.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

The water needs to be properly boiling before you put the pasta in, just having bubbles under the surface is too early

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

Tsaedje posted:

It wasn't that it was too hard, they wanted to keep the advertising space. They just forgot that nobody wants to ever sponsor McLaren anyway...

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Halo14 posted:

Not sure if this was posted here yet:

Shark fins won’t make 2018 F1 return

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/shark-fins-gone-next-season-982404/

The halos look fine yet the shark fins are an abomination so this is excellent news.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
stop trolling

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

poty posted:

The water needs to be properly boiling before you put the pasta in, just having bubbles under the surface is too early

Mummy’s cooking facts #3

The gelatinization point of most starch is 85 °C, but to be safe you bring it up to 100°C, which by eye is the point the water is violently bubbling so hard it looks like it is about to start coming over the top of the pan. Unless your pasta, rice, porridge, or potatoes hit this temperature the starch will stay in them and they will be terrible and bad. For a lot of people just getting a cheap thermometer will massively improve their cooking.

The Unfetered One
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax
OMG that camera turning on that merc made me feel sick

The Unfetered One
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax

That was DOPE as gently caress. How did I forget about this? I loved 80s era electro music so much and this was like a mash of Airwolf, Buck Rogers, Knight Rider and Terrahawks, with a smattering of Limahls Never Ending Story. I loving loved it

Massive derail, who remembers this? God I loved this 80s tosh a a kid, loving Brian May pulling out a solo riff to puppets exploding and poo poo, it really is as awesome as I remember it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7GFU5ncKhU

The Unfetered One fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Nov 25, 2017

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

learnincurve posted:

If we are talking about bad pay drivers, remeber that time Frankie Muniz blew all of his Malcom in the middle money buying his way into champ car, only to be average at best, and now he has to do stuff like Hot Bath an' a Stiff Drink 2, Sharknado 3: Oh Hell No!, and dancing with the stars to pay the bills.

Ow really? I wondered what happened to that guy.
Loved Malcolm in the middle.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Tiny prediction: Stroll pole

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
“maurizio, I saw you weeping like a girl in Mexico. Comments?” Ted kravitz ladies and gentlemen.

The Unfetered One
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax
Nando and Lando team up for 2019. You heard it here first.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Hey if Seb wins today then the points difference means that it was his own mistakes that cost Ferrari the championship.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The Unfetered One posted:

Nando and Lando team up for 2019. You heard it here first.

And finish most of the 24 hour of Le Mans

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

OhsH posted:

dear 1500quid

signed,
ohsh

This isn't the 600lb GBS fat shaming thread, hth

Also, if you want to sell your garbage food, maybe not choose somebody who has their own gravitational field as your spokesperson?

The Unfetered One
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Theophany posted:

Dont you wrong think in here, forums poster Theophany

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

Theophany posted:

Also, if you want to sell your garbage food, maybe not choose somebody who has their own gravitational field as your spokesperson?

That video does look a bit like a junkie preparing her 'fix'.

Or :thejoke:
I don't even know anymore in this thread.

The Unfetered One
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax
Qualifying about to start and its a slow thread day

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Prost: "It's difficult to talk about the difference Sainz has made without talking about.. you know.. Joylon.."

Heh. I like Prost

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Qualifying about to start and its a slow thread day

Maybe if the track didn't suck and the championship wasn't already decided

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Dont you wrong think in here, forums poster Theophany

Apologies. I shall go back to posting my extremely good and very correct opinions on F1.

Lance Stroll owns.

The Unfetered One
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax

NtotheTC posted:

Prost: "It's difficult to talk about the difference Sainz has made without talking about.. you know.. Joylon.."

Heh. I like Prost

His bent nose always bothered me tbh. It bothers my OCD, not like Are Nige's immaculate mustache.

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

His bent nose always bothered me tbh. It bothers my OCD, not like Are Nige's immaculate mustache.

Never look at Harrison Ford then.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Isn't this Hamilton's second helmet change? Shouldn't there be some sort of penalty? 30 points sounds fair.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I've got a lovely espresso to watch this qualifying session that determines the race winner.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
kimi jr just displayed more emotions in 3 seconds than his dad has done all year.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Lmbo I forgot about this retarded pit exit.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I’m still disappointed that no one has managed to bin it in there yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Stroll literally slower than a Sauber

• Locked thread