Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
Did this officially get turned off yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

Kelp Plankton posted:

Champions's secret is that like all Cryptic games it uses the same servers as STO, so it's free to keep up in maintenance mode. There's like 4 people staffed for CO making new lockbox content occasionally and the diehards eat those up every time, and that's all it takes to not get it shut down

Would probably cost them more to detangle it from STO and NW than it does to keep it alive

Didn't rift do something similar to this also where their ability to scale the infrastructure up and down was stupidly cheap?

I need a new game to play with you idiots

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Density 2 see you there.

Warframe and POE are your only other options. So you got 3. That’s how many bad multiplayer games there are right now. There’s literally 3, and only 3, to play with a large group of people.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!
Champions Online. RIP mini-mines on launch patch.

I hope this game gets a forum like COH titans full of utter mentalists trying to petition Google to buy it and then trying to recreate the game in quakec via kickstarter.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!

malhavok posted:

Did this officially get turned off yet?

Just logged in, servers are still up. Davebo still online.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Density 2 see you there.

Warframe and POE are your only other options. So you got 3. That’s how many bad multiplayer games there are right now. There’s literally 3, and only 3, to play with a large group of people.

should i get Density 2 on the personal computer or my Okama Gamesphere

i've never played it

is there a slider to increase the size of my bulge during character creation?

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.
I think I would enjoy Destiny 2. I enjoyed Planetside for the FPS w/ RPG elements. Unfortunately. I am currently playing 2 old, dead games and can't afford to drop money on Destiny.

Edit: Eve and Everquest fwiw

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
KillYourselfWiinterTurd

10:50PM in General Discussion

There really isn't a way to describe quite how happy I am to see everything go belly-up for this game and this company. It certainly couldn't have happened to a more deserving group of people. The art team are about the only people who have my sympathies. I wanted to take some time on this Thanksgiving to express my gratitude to individuals who made this moment possible. There's a long list of people to thank for this moment. I can't possibly get through everyone in as much detail as they deserve, so I will pick some of the biggest offenders:

@Chufmoney - Maybe you should have listened instead of mocking players when you were told that the game needed more content over continual system re-designs. Poor player numbers never quite lit that fire under your Trash Panda! . Maybe no players and no game will spark something? Enjoy the holidays without income. It might be time for some self-reflection on that over-inflated ego and undeserved sense of self-worth. You are a mediocre talent.

@AgentFenixion - You are the answer to the question "What kind of pathetic human being desperately seeks authority over others on internet message boards?" This forum was definitely an outlet for you to escape from the lack of authority you command in your own life, where you wear fanny packs and socks with sandals. Companies need good, spineless people, like you, for these positions so that you can tow the company line, silencing people with no questions asked. If it wasn't for people like you then Gazillion might have actually been forced to face harsh criticism. You also went around covering for that rapist of a CEO, which is absolutely loathsome. You will eat Trash Panda! and proclaim how good it tastes in exchange for authority you confuse with esteem and respect. Here's a quick FYI: nobody gave a good God drat about your mod training, your notes or your "expertise" in moderating forums. It is a Trash Panda! Trash Panda! moderator position, nothing more. They laughed behind your back and mocked you, as they most likely do at the other mod positions you hold so dear. The fact that you treat such a menial and trivial position like it takes as much skill/expertise as brain surgery is hysterical.

Oh, and nobody believes that you "only permanently banned a few people." Anyone who has been on the forums for any significant amount of time knows that is Trash Panda! . In keeping with your worm-like nature, you would issue temp bans and then never un-ban people or respond to appeals. Then you have the balls to lie by claiming that you didn't actually permanently ban and silence people "that many people," knowing full well that you did in the most weaselly way possible. Trash Panda! you and people like you.

@Ryolnir - You are undoubtedly lurking here. This game's decline really started with you. You would get violently angry when called out for talking about your stupid toys (made for children) instead of player concerns about the latest broken content or character. No wonder hardly anything ever got fixed. Your ban-first and ask questions later style of community management really helped jump-start the mass exodus of players which led to the game's death. I personally know of an instance where you banned the accounts of an entire family, accusing them of being "alternate accounts" of one another because they all disagreed with a post of yours. How petty! You were, of course, forced to unban after a quick investigation showed the three accounts to belong to three separate, although related, individuals. You were undoubtedly one of the most childish people at Gazillion in both interests and behavior. Being a professional community manager is only slightly less pathetic than Frank being a professional mod, although it did allow you to land that 2/10 wife. Let me ask you a question: which dicks from around the office did you taste when you kissed her? Enjoy living life as a cuckold. I'd continue, but the ravages of morbid obesity will deal with you far more harshly than my words or her behavior ever could.

@AgentVapor - The only thing worse than @Ryolnir is the person who desperately wants to be @Ryolnir. You were all of the childishness and pettiness of Ryan combined with the desperate need for power and control of Frank. I was happy to see you slither out of the door.

@Doomsaw - You allowed a known sexual assaulter to run rampant through the office. You never warned anyone or uttered a word until long after you left. Now you have the gall to parade around like some sort of hero. You are an un-American coward. I'd tell you to feel ashamed, but we all know that you have none.

@PsiLocke - That was the worst PvP system ever devised. I knew it. You knew it. Everybody knew it. Don't plague the competitive gaming community with any of your suggestions ever again. You are the worst kind of developer -- one that is incapable of being creative and can only poorly imitate others.

@MichaelMayhem - I've wanted to say this for a while: You wewe nevew weawwy good as a powews designew. De abiwidies you came up wid wewe wepedidive, uninspiwed and simpwy wewe not fun. Much of youw "devewopment" was a simpwe copy/pasde job. Youw wimintations on the dash abiwities was one of the main dings that helped kiww an aweady stwuggwing game. Youw wind-up on twavew powews was a huge wasde of dime. Pwo-dip: when you hab a bad speech imbediment, don' punish pwayews or embawass da company by volunteewing do do dhe wive stweams. Spend wess dime devewoping and more dime wistening do speech imbediment tapes. Dey shouwd hab weft you in da communidy. Youw wack of tawent wed do de downfaww of de game.

Poor taste? Perhaps. But Trash Panda! that pompous community-hired Trash Panda! , his boring powers and constant re-designs that ate up valuable time that could have and should have been spent elsewhere.

@Lord - Nothing is worse than seeing a talent-less hack propped up by an amazing team of artists, minus @YoungNg, who screwed up innumerable home-run costumes so badly that others had to go back and try to salvage the terrible work. Much of the credit you received should have gone to the artists and you knew it. Art director? All you had to do was read the forums to tell what costumes were in demand and would make money, but that proved to be too complicated for you. You also approved all of @YoungNg 's low-quality work to the detriment of consumers and eventually other artists. Trash Panda! you.

Now time to talk to the CEBro... Trash Panda! you. You are a middle-aged man with frosted tips, plucked eyebrows and a kissy-face profile picture on Twitter. Do you want to be a business professional or a Backstreet Boy? I'd venture to guess that you probably like to swing both ways. Behaving and talking like a teenager doesn't make you appear younger or more attractive, it makes you look like a pathetic douchebag. Nobody wants to be involved with someone like you. Not players. Not employees. Not investors. Not women -- which (HINT) is why you have to resort to the things you have done. The biggest consolation of everything you have wrought is that one day you won't be among a bunch of timid beta males who tolerate your predatory behavior. Not everyone is timid. Not everyone will put money before their values. You will get too comfortable and make the wrong move in front of the wrong people. I hope Disney made you deepthroat their mouse Trash Panda! , although you are probably into stuff like that.

Everyone else is off the hook as far as being called out by name. Screw everyone involved in the constant system reworks instead of shoveling out desperately-needed new content. Screw everyone who stood by and enabled that Trash Panda! of a CEO to act the way he did. Screw everyone who constantly acted in contempt of a community offering their feedback. This is one of the most valuable things to any business, but you all used any excuse you could to ignore it or blow it off, particularly if it was harsh. Your "woe is me, nobody in any other industry receives criticism like the game industry" Trash Panda! was laughable. Try dealing with a customer in the service industry. Try dealing with a patient in healthcare. Try dealing with an angry/uncooperative client in law. People deal with criticism all of the time, but nobody handled it quite as poorly as you. That is why Gazillion was a second-rate studio.

Trash Panda! everyone in the player community who constantly defended this studio and these Trash Panda! as they ran the game into the ground, from the "PvP guilds" (a truly pathetic boast in a PvP system like Marvel Heroes) defending the abysmal MOBA-lite Trash Panda! in this game, to the people defending any boring content, broken characters and perplexing design choices this studio squeezed out of its cheeks. Your rabid willingness to lick any Trash Panda! clean, as long as it had a purple name, is one of the things ruining gaming as a whole. The sad part is that the staff were receiving a paycheck while defending this abortion of a game. You did it for free. If you are reading this and wondering if any part of it applies to you, then it does.

@KingBacon - All hail! Your controller mapping eventually led to the sorry Trash Panda! console port, but you had no idea that was the plan. You also had some rockin' costumes and love bacon.

@Asros - I didn't know you very well, but many of the individuals I despised within Gazillion and the player community seem to not take kindly to you. That most likely means that you have a low-tolerance for their stupid Trash Panda! . Good on you. Sorry for your misfortune in getting involved with a group of miscreants led by such an unfortunate waste of carbon. The good news is that you only have better things in your future. I hope I run across you on Starfighter Assault.

@TheDink - You can polish a turd, but it is still just a piece of Trash Panda! . You polished the hell out of the turd that is was Marvel Heroes. Your ability to put up with histrionics about hair, tits and asses (and not just from the CEO) is remarkable. I have no doubt that your career will be fine in the future. Any game will be lucky to have you as an artist. I hope you find one where the quality of development matches the quality of your artwork. Your gifts were wasted with this studio.

That is about it. I will be dancing on the grave of this game for years to come. Trash Panda! the cucked mods who will eventually delete this and ban the account. One last power-trip during the death throes.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

So he praised Asros and poo poo on everybody else.

Noice.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I'm not reading that.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Lunatic ravings over a video game lol. They deleted that post quick as hell.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

what the hell

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
RIP this dumb game, it was fun to re download it every few months when I felt like getting drunk and melting mooks as The Punisher.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

Tom Gorman posted:

what the hell

oforums. comedy gold. may it rest in pieces.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Your Battle Buddy posted:

KillYourselfWiinterTurd

10:50PM in General Discussion

There really isn't a way to describe quite how happy I am to see everything go belly-up for this game and this company. It certainly couldn't have happened to a more deserving group of people. The art team are about the only people who have my sympathies. I wanted to take some time on this Thanksgiving to express my gratitude to individuals who made this moment possible. There's a long list of people to thank for this moment. I can't possibly get through everyone in as much detail as they deserve, so I will pick some of the biggest offenders:

@Chufmoney - Maybe you should have listened instead of mocking players when you were told that the game needed more content over continual system re-designs. Poor player numbers never quite lit that fire under your Trash Panda! . Maybe no players and no game will spark something? Enjoy the holidays without income. It might be time for some self-reflection on that over-inflated ego and undeserved sense of self-worth. You are a mediocre talent.

@AgentFenixion - You are the answer to the question "What kind of pathetic human being desperately seeks authority over others on internet message boards?" This forum was definitely an outlet for you to escape from the lack of authority you command in your own life, where you wear fanny packs and socks with sandals. Companies need good, spineless people, like you, for these positions so that you can tow the company line, silencing people with no questions asked. If it wasn't for people like you then Gazillion might have actually been forced to face harsh criticism. You also went around covering for that rapist of a CEO, which is absolutely loathsome. You will eat Trash Panda! and proclaim how good it tastes in exchange for authority you confuse with esteem and respect. Here's a quick FYI: nobody gave a good God drat about your mod training, your notes or your "expertise" in moderating forums. It is a Trash Panda! Trash Panda! moderator position, nothing more. They laughed behind your back and mocked you, as they most likely do at the other mod positions you hold so dear. The fact that you treat such a menial and trivial position like it takes as much skill/expertise as brain surgery is hysterical.

Oh, and nobody believes that you "only permanently banned a few people." Anyone who has been on the forums for any significant amount of time knows that is Trash Panda! . In keeping with your worm-like nature, you would issue temp bans and then never un-ban people or respond to appeals. Then you have the balls to lie by claiming that you didn't actually permanently ban and silence people "that many people," knowing full well that you did in the most weaselly way possible. Trash Panda! you and people like you.

@Ryolnir - You are undoubtedly lurking here. This game's decline really started with you. You would get violently angry when called out for talking about your stupid toys (made for children) instead of player concerns about the latest broken content or character. No wonder hardly anything ever got fixed. Your ban-first and ask questions later style of community management really helped jump-start the mass exodus of players which led to the game's death. I personally know of an instance where you banned the accounts of an entire family, accusing them of being "alternate accounts" of one another because they all disagreed with a post of yours. How petty! You were, of course, forced to unban after a quick investigation showed the three accounts to belong to three separate, although related, individuals. You were undoubtedly one of the most childish people at Gazillion in both interests and behavior. Being a professional community manager is only slightly less pathetic than Frank being a professional mod, although it did allow you to land that 2/10 wife. Let me ask you a question: which dicks from around the office did you taste when you kissed her? Enjoy living life as a cuckold. I'd continue, but the ravages of morbid obesity will deal with you far more harshly than my words or her behavior ever could.

@AgentVapor - The only thing worse than @Ryolnir is the person who desperately wants to be @Ryolnir. You were all of the childishness and pettiness of Ryan combined with the desperate need for power and control of Frank. I was happy to see you slither out of the door.

@Doomsaw - You allowed a known sexual assaulter to run rampant through the office. You never warned anyone or uttered a word until long after you left. Now you have the gall to parade around like some sort of hero. You are an un-American coward. I'd tell you to feel ashamed, but we all know that you have none.

@PsiLocke - That was the worst PvP system ever devised. I knew it. You knew it. Everybody knew it. Don't plague the competitive gaming community with any of your suggestions ever again. You are the worst kind of developer -- one that is incapable of being creative and can only poorly imitate others.

@MichaelMayhem - I've wanted to say this for a while: You wewe nevew weawwy good as a powews designew. De abiwidies you came up wid wewe wepedidive, uninspiwed and simpwy wewe not fun. Much of youw "devewopment" was a simpwe copy/pasde job. Youw wimintations on the dash abiwities was one of the main dings that helped kiww an aweady stwuggwing game. Youw wind-up on twavew powews was a huge wasde of dime. Pwo-dip: when you hab a bad speech imbediment, don' punish pwayews or embawass da company by volunteewing do do dhe wive stweams. Spend wess dime devewoping and more dime wistening do speech imbediment tapes. Dey shouwd hab weft you in da communidy. Youw wack of tawent wed do de downfaww of de game.

Poor taste? Perhaps. But Trash Panda! that pompous community-hired Trash Panda! , his boring powers and constant re-designs that ate up valuable time that could have and should have been spent elsewhere.

@Lord - Nothing is worse than seeing a talent-less hack propped up by an amazing team of artists, minus @YoungNg, who screwed up innumerable home-run costumes so badly that others had to go back and try to salvage the terrible work. Much of the credit you received should have gone to the artists and you knew it. Art director? All you had to do was read the forums to tell what costumes were in demand and would make money, but that proved to be too complicated for you. You also approved all of @YoungNg 's low-quality work to the detriment of consumers and eventually other artists. Trash Panda! you.

Now time to talk to the CEBro... Trash Panda! you. You are a middle-aged man with frosted tips, plucked eyebrows and a kissy-face profile picture on Twitter. Do you want to be a business professional or a Backstreet Boy? I'd venture to guess that you probably like to swing both ways. Behaving and talking like a teenager doesn't make you appear younger or more attractive, it makes you look like a pathetic douchebag. Nobody wants to be involved with someone like you. Not players. Not employees. Not investors. Not women -- which (HINT) is why you have to resort to the things you have done. The biggest consolation of everything you have wrought is that one day you won't be among a bunch of timid beta males who tolerate your predatory behavior. Not everyone is timid. Not everyone will put money before their values. You will get too comfortable and make the wrong move in front of the wrong people. I hope Disney made you deepthroat their mouse Trash Panda! , although you are probably into stuff like that.

Everyone else is off the hook as far as being called out by name. Screw everyone involved in the constant system reworks instead of shoveling out desperately-needed new content. Screw everyone who stood by and enabled that Trash Panda! of a CEO to act the way he did. Screw everyone who constantly acted in contempt of a community offering their feedback. This is one of the most valuable things to any business, but you all used any excuse you could to ignore it or blow it off, particularly if it was harsh. Your "woe is me, nobody in any other industry receives criticism like the game industry" Trash Panda! was laughable. Try dealing with a customer in the service industry. Try dealing with a patient in healthcare. Try dealing with an angry/uncooperative client in law. People deal with criticism all of the time, but nobody handled it quite as poorly as you. That is why Gazillion was a second-rate studio.

Trash Panda! everyone in the player community who constantly defended this studio and these Trash Panda! as they ran the game into the ground, from the "PvP guilds" (a truly pathetic boast in a PvP system like Marvel Heroes) defending the abysmal MOBA-lite Trash Panda! in this game, to the people defending any boring content, broken characters and perplexing design choices this studio squeezed out of its cheeks. Your rabid willingness to lick any Trash Panda! clean, as long as it had a purple name, is one of the things ruining gaming as a whole. The sad part is that the staff were receiving a paycheck while defending this abortion of a game. You did it for free. If you are reading this and wondering if any part of it applies to you, then it does.

@KingBacon - All hail! Your controller mapping eventually led to the sorry Trash Panda! console port, but you had no idea that was the plan. You also had some rockin' costumes and love bacon.

@Asros - I didn't know you very well, but many of the individuals I despised within Gazillion and the player community seem to not take kindly to you. That most likely means that you have a low-tolerance for their stupid Trash Panda! . Good on you. Sorry for your misfortune in getting involved with a group of miscreants led by such an unfortunate waste of carbon. The good news is that you only have better things in your future. I hope I run across you on Starfighter Assault.

@TheDink - You can polish a turd, but it is still just a piece of Trash Panda! . You polished the hell out of the turd that is was Marvel Heroes. Your ability to put up with histrionics about hair, tits and asses (and not just from the CEO) is remarkable. I have no doubt that your career will be fine in the future. Any game will be lucky to have you as an artist. I hope you find one where the quality of development matches the quality of your artwork. Your gifts were wasted with this studio.

That is about it. I will be dancing on the grave of this game for years to come. Trash Panda! the cucked mods who will eventually delete this and ban the account. One last power-trip during the death throes.

hail gay satan

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Trump goblin asros parachute account spotted.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

That's one of the worst things I've ever read, gently caress that guy

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
that guy sure does know a lot of things about specific game devs

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Will we have enough to make a Weekend Web of it before the forum servers shut down?

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I started this game not because of DIablo, but because of the X-Men Legends/Marvel Alliance games. This game was fun, and had questionable poo poo every turn. RIP dumb game, you will be missed. I loved going on the oforums and seeing people request costumes that appeared for one panel and stuff. And everyone who unironically wants to gently caress cartoons constantly requesting their waifu in the game

I spent about $100 bucks and got around ~50-75 hours off and on as heroes were added. I sure liked the opportunity to play this game when I got bored or was broke at certain intervals during the year.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Nov 25, 2017

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!
There's a timer up on the info page. Looks like it closes at 9 Eastern.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
Y'know, I never did try PvP. Not even once.

RIP yellowwmans

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Nechronic posted:

Y'know, I never did try PvP. Not even once.

RIP yellowwmans

I didn't even know there was PvP until yesterday.

BTW, rumors are now coming out that Mr. Gaz heard from Disney LAST MONTH that their license had been revoked, but they told no one and continued to sell stuff.

Bizarre Echo
Jul 1, 2011

"I am pleased that we have differences. May we together become greater than the sum of both of us."

Giedroyc posted:

It's the last day so davebo is paying his final respects to his beloved... oh hang on

I'm honored to have been standing around in Avengers Tower when you took that screenshot.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:gaz: rest in pisssssssssss

Game was fun and I never sank a lot of money into it, it will be missed for my ability to roll a Punisher van on baddies.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

quote:

@MichaelMayhem - I've wanted to say this for a while: You wewe nevew weawwy good as a powews designew. De abiwidies you came up wid wewe wepedidive, uninspiwed and simpwy wewe not fun. Much of youw "devewopment" was a simpwe copy/pasde job. Youw wimintations on the dash abiwities was one of the main dings that helped kiww an aweady stwuggwing game. Youw wind-up on twavew powews was a huge wasde of dime. Pwo-dip: when you hab a bad speech imbediment, don' punish pwayews or embawass da company by volunteewing do do dhe wive stweams. Spend wess dime devewoping and more dime wistening do speech imbediment tapes. Dey shouwd hab weft you in da communidy. Youw wack of tawent wed do de downfaww of de game.

that's gotta be deathplague

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Gynovore posted:

I didn't even know there was PvP until yesterday.

BTW, rumors are now coming out that Mr. Gaz heard from Disney LAST MONTH that their license had been revoked, but they told no one and continued to sell stuff.

nostrata
Apr 27, 2007

Well I was hoping to just log in and stand around until they killed the game but I won't be home tonight. Haven't actually played in months but I'll still miss this game when it's gone. Lot of good times here despite all of gaz's gently caress ups. RIP to this stupid comic man dress up money sink of a game.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
https://i.imgur.com/g9s5eSb.gifv

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

I'm not reading that.

yeh i dont like to reread my own work either

boom

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

I'm gonna log in until the servers go down.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

ill miss the green teamup gear that littered midtown and made it hard to pick up drops

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!
Time for my whalepost. I can't say how many hours I played because it vanished from my Steam Library yesterday, but I'd say about 400. I only spend about $20, so I can't complain about the value. 20 heroes to 60, three passed the Cosmic Trial, no yellowmans.

One thing I do respect about the game; during the time when it was good, 2014 until BUE, it was about the only freemium game that was really fun to play without you ever spending money. It sure as heck made you WANT to spend money on Stash space, but that was about it.

Fun times: being pretty near top DPS with Summoner Doom. I remember being in a 2-man Shield trainer with some rando and a challenge came up here we had to beat three bosses. I beat two and came to see derfus halfway through the first.

Regrets: Hawkeye never became good. Kamala Khan never came out (although she would have probably been a clone of Mr. Fantastic from a powers standpoint.) Never unlocked Kitty, Loki, or Nick Fury.

Also I never traded those 5 Furry Manes.

Gynovore fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Nov 25, 2017

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Sad that this game died but the writing had been on the wall for months. I payed I'd guess somewhere between $50-100 and don't regret it. I had, I dunno, a few dozen heroes at 60 and yellowed Green Goblin and Black Cat.

My first hero to 60 was Mr. Fantastic. He may not have been very good but his animations were great.

I really liked the travel powers and I don't think I played the game once after they introduced cooldowns and charge times on them. I didn't even have a strong negative reaction to the change or anything, it's just that once I heard about it I never had the desire to fire the game back up. That may have been due to the content dearth, though.

The Moon Monster fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Nov 25, 2017

hobocrunch
Mar 11, 2008

I'm walkin' here
GG boys. loving sluts.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!
Haha, when the timer ran out it turned to Deadpoop.

Anyway, great times all. I certainly can't say I'll miss this game the way I did CoH, but it sure was fun.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
it's still up, gaz late even to shut down their game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hauki
May 11, 2010

wizard on a water slide posted:

it's still up, gaz late even to shut down their game

did you expect anything else?