Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Ehud posted:

Talking myself into Charlie strong

I would try hiring the guy who actually built that team before I hired the lost to Kansas guy, but that's just me.

e: although speaking of USF, how soon until some Texas midmajor hires Gilbert as HC? Or some P5 team should poach him as an OC at least.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Nov 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Ehud posted:

someone please let Jeremy Foley know that Quinton Flowers has no eligibility left

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Ehud posted:

Now now, let's not lose our heads quite yet.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Never forget that at one point in his life people regularly referred to Bert as being "undersized"

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
https://twitter.com/LarsAnderson71/status/934213456894529537

Guy writes for Bleacher Report, but I believe he's someone BR actually pays and used to work for SI?

I'm lying, I just got all that off his twitter bio.

e: Oh I see MV's already seen this

https://twitter.com/IowaHawkGuy/status/934222632601489410

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Nov 25, 2017

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Grittybeard posted:

https://twitter.com/LarsAnderson71/status/934213456894529537

Guy writes for Bleacher Report, but I believe he's someone BR actually pays and used to work for SI?

I'm lying, I just got all that off his twitter bio.

I follow a decent number of Nebraska people and there seems to be a fairly even split between "ugh, this loving guy again, he doesn't know anything" and people who are taking it really seriously and celebrating.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/brucefeldmancfb/status/934227895291060224

this thread had Bret to Nebraska first :colbert:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
mods please change my name to College Football Insider.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Scott says he won't be talking to Florida this weekend as was reported.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

Arkansas fans dot jpg

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

an adult beverage posted:

Arkansas fans dot jpg

I'll have you know our team was a hundred times better than yours in the 1960s, pal

And I still believe we can get back there

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

zimbomonkey posted:

Scott says he won't be talking to Florida this weekend as was reported.

I think the report was UF is meeting with his reps, not him.

Which makes sense because he won't be able to take a new job until after this next week since UCF won today.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Ehud posted:

I think the report was UF is meeting with his reps, not him.

Which makes sense because he won't be able to take a new job until after this next week since UCF won today.

The full quote was “I’m my representative and I’m gonna be with my wife and baby this weekend.”

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

zimbomonkey posted:

The full quote was “I’m my representative and I’m gonna be with my wife and baby this weekend.”

...doesn't he have an agent?

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Ehud posted:

...doesn't he have an agent?

If he did he probably wouldn't be at UCF.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

zimbomonkey posted:

lol

I'm pretty sure he's just trying to skate around the question. We'll find out soon.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
I almost (almost) feel bad for Riley because everyone has been talking for weeks about who Nebraska might hire even though he hasn't technically been fired yet.

e: Really kinda baffled he hasn't been canned yet, though.

Noctone fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Nov 25, 2017

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Noctone posted:

I almost (almost) feel bad for Riley because everyone has been talking for weeks about who Nebraska might hire even though he hasn't technically been fired yet.

Surprise! Year 4 of the Mike Riley experience!

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

zimbomonkey posted:

gently caress you buddy :argh:

Just win a bowl game Scott, please give us another Good Knight shirt.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Nystral posted:

gently caress you buddy :argh:

Just win a bowl game Scott, please give us another Good Knight shirt.

(This was a joke, I'm a student here)

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Ehud posted:

lol

I'm pretty sure he's just trying to skate around the question. We'll find out soon.

Nah, he's going to nebraska. UF doesn't really have anything for him.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

zimbomonkey posted:

UF doesn't really have anything for him.

Other than the 4* and 5* athletes he'll need to compete for titles. UCF has a recruiting advantage over other AAC schools the likes of which he won't have at Nebraska. This isn't to say he lacks reasons to go to Nebraska.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

I think scott wants to build something himself. Going to Florida doesn't accomplish that.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

zimbomonkey posted:

I think scott wants to build something himself. Going to Florida doesn't accomplish that.

Mostly because they insist on their guy staying.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
https://twitter.com/ocala7v7showdwn/status/934244544312434689

I love this carousel

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

That seems impossible, but if not then hell, get in there Aggies- sounds like we're meant for each other

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
All I learned from that tweet was there are Florida fans who think Stoops will come out of retirement.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Neil Armbong posted:

All I learned from that tweet was there are Florida fans who think Stoops will come out of retirement.

I learned that while being smart about college offensive schemes, Chip Kelly is an idiot about everything else.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:allears:

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

I am highly skeptical about anything Chip Kelly in the media. Both jobs are still his if he wants them, I'll wager.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Neil Armbong posted:

He'll be 65 before people people stop bringing him up for coaching vacancies.

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

*in extremely razorbacks fan voice* WE WANT CHIP WE WANT CHIP

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

:lol:

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/21542697/mike-riley-coach-nebraska-cornhuskers-lobbies-keep-job

quote:

"When I go to bed tonight, I'll be hoping for that, because I would love to do this," Riley said. "I truly believe I'm exactly the right person to do this. The football parts, I've been doing it so long, we know how to fix, and we also are doing a good job recruiting."

You're not supposed to be fixing things after three years, amigo.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
“The football parts, I've been doing it so long, we know how to fix, and we also are doing a good job recruiting."

when did trump become the Nebraska coach?

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

Craig K posted:

*in extremely razorbacks fan voice* WE WANT CHIP WE WANT CHIP

well, between Jerry Jones, the Walton family, the Tyson family the Stephens family, JB Hunt, and all the others, we have the money to get any coach that is after money

the problem is that there are no great coaches that want to come to the SEC West and destroy their reputations against Saban every year

plus even a great offensive mind like Kelly wouldn't be able to get the recruits to come to Fayetteville, where we finish #20 overall in the nation in recruiting every year but just #10 in the SEC

and even coach Petrino and the greatest Arkansas team of the last decade still lost at home to the worst Alabama team of the last decade back in 2010, 24-20

and in 2014 when Bert got lucky as hell and Bama unbelievably fumbled the ball away to us four times in one game, which will never ever ever happen again, we still lost 14-13

the coach doesn't matter

nothing matters

we will never win the conference

:smithicide:

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

Jazzimus Prime posted:

the coach doesn't matter

nothing matters

we will never win the conference

:smithicide:

now now friend, nick saban has to retire and be called back to his dark lord beelzebub at some point

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

You forgot the part where Arkansas finally made it to Atlanta only to face eventual national champion Florida.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Anyone who passes on chip Kelly is monumentally stupid. That dude was amazing at Oregon. I don't think it's possible for him to overplay his hand

• Locked thread