Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I think I remember it being 90deg instead of 180, but yeah it's probably the same internal proves otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Expecting Valve to probably fix this with this being out in the open for eveyone to exploit. Especially after them just releasing an update to try and fix pyro to make them more consistent.

Also turns out strange crit kills part counts mini-crtis.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
The new flamethrower particles are definitely acting weird. I killed a backburner pyro running straight at me as Heavy, spun down, turned around, and then got hit by the backburner crits. The pyro being long dead.

pgroce
Oct 24, 2002

ChaseSP posted:

Expecting Valve to probably fix this with this being out in the open for eveyone to exploit. Especially after them just releasing an update to try and fix pyro to make them more consistent.

Those kills looked pretty consistent to me!

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Broken Cog posted:

The new flamethrower particles are definitely acting weird. I killed a backburner pyro running straight at me as Heavy, spun down, turned around, and then got hit by the backburner crits. The pyro being long dead.

I've died to a pyro after killing him and after afterburn had finished ticking down. I had like...40 health left, something like that and was escape planning back to spawn when I suddenly died.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Christ.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Broken Cog posted:

Constantly happens in pyro duels now. Drop the other guy, turn to walk away, die. I even asked one, and he told me that on his end, I died first.

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:

I've seen a lot of bugs in my day but goddrat, Valve :stonk:

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

are all the contracts crates as rewards saw gameplay and only saw those as a reward.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
Well, spy-checking as Pyro is really disorienting now, since a quick puff of flames is literally invisible.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Fun bug:

I didn't have an ubersaw (of any kind) in my inventory, but one of the new weapon paints allowed me to outright create one out of nothingness.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Xander77 posted:

Fun bug:

I didn't have an ubersaw (of any kind) in my inventory, but one of the new weapon paints allowed me to outright create one out of nothingness.

That's not a bug, just how it actually works. War paints are more like a voucher to buy a new weapon of your choice with a specific paint job, they can't modify existing ones.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

nielsm posted:

That's not a bug, just how it actually works. War paints are more like a voucher to buy a new weapon of your choice with a specific paint job, they can't modify existing ones.

Which is actually kinda sucky, since it doesn't let you apply a skin to your strange killstreak weapons.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

So randomly unboxed a crate and got this
Apparently it's worth 60+ bucks on the marketplace goddamn I'm lucky.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

ChaseSP posted:

So randomly unboxed a crate and got this
Apparently it's worth 60+ bucks on the marketplace goddamn I'm lucky.

Congrats. Just remember to cash out and spend it on videogames rather than unboxing more crates.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

I know that's the smart and not holy gently caress dumb thing to do but man would having a fancy unusual taunt be neat.

Butt Detective
Mar 24, 2013

Only the dead can know peace from these hats.
I knew that if I sold the unusual war paint I unboxed, I'd just end up using the funds to unbox more and end up getting jack poo poo.

So I put it on a whip instead

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Butt Detective posted:

I knew that if I sold the unusual war paint I unboxed, I'd just end up using the funds to unbox more and end up getting jack poo poo.

So I put it on a whip instead

Uncool Whip

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

So guys uh, you know that unusualfier I got? I used it.
I think I really lucked out.

Epoxy Bulletin
Sep 7, 2009

delikpate that thing!

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Speaking of unusualifiers, this is what I unboxed earlier

Probably gonna end up putting it on the steam market, but it's a bit of a pain selling stuff there these days it seems.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Maybe try listing it on Marketplace.tf or Backpack.tf instead of Steam Market? I think high-value items go better there.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

nielsm posted:

Maybe try listing it on Marketplace.tf or Backpack.tf instead of Steam Market? I think high-value items go better there.

Might check that out. Try to avoid the tf2 trading scene as much as possible, so I don't have that much experience with it, thanks.

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
I feel bad for you dudes who have fancy 50+ dollar item glowies. I force dx8 so I never see them.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

FalloutGod posted:

I feel bad for you dudes who have fancy 50+ dollar item glowies. I force dx8 so I never see them.

Doesn't this mean you also can't see when a pyro is trying to kill you?

then again that means you can actually see the pyro to shoot him as opposed to being blinded by flames so

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

ChaseSP posted:

So guys uh, you know that unusualfier I got? I used it.
I think I really lucked out.

pyro hits puberty?

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006

Slime posted:

Doesn't this mean you also can't see when a pyro is trying to kill you?

then again that means you can actually see the pyro to shoot him as opposed to being blinded by flames so

Pyro flames still work but items with certain paint jobs don't show at all.

Tale
Jul 31, 2013

I unboxed this just a few hours ago:

My first unusual! To be fair I've only opened maybe a dozen of these paid crates over the years, but it still feels nice

Broken Cog posted:

Speaking of unusualifiers, this is what I unboxed earlier

Probably gonna end up putting it on the steam market, but it's a bit of a pain selling stuff there these days it seems.

Hey, would you be willing to trade with me and switch our unusualifiers? I was gonna PM you but you have PM's turned off. I was just gonna use my unusualifier because I'm not interesting in doing the steam market thing either. I don't have the victory lap taunt, however, and I'm sure as hell not down to drop $13 to buy it just so I can unusualify it. I do have the kazotsky kick, though. I think our unusualifiers are similar in value, in fact i think the victory lap one is worth slightly more.

Tale fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Nov 29, 2017

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Tale posted:

I unboxed this just a few hours ago:

My first unusual! To be fair I've only opened maybe a dozen of these paid crates over the years, but it still feels nice

Hey, would you be willing to trade with me and switch our unusualifiers? I was gonna PM you but you have PM's turned off. I was just gonna use my unusualifier because I'm not interesting in doing the steam market thing either. I don't have the victory lap taunt, however, and I'm sure as hell not down to drop $13 to buy it just so I can unusualify it. I do have the kazotsky kick, though. I think our unusualifiers are similar in value, in fact i think the victory lap one is worth slightly more.

Sure, toss me a message at -SNIP- . I don't have plat, so that's probably why I don't have PMs.
I don't have the Kazotsky Kick either, so it doesn't really matter to me whatever I put up, and they do seem to be worth about the same.

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Nov 30, 2017

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

I seriously don't know what to do with this thing whether to cash out now and wait a month or just trade it for so many keys i never have to buy any cosmetics again.

$100 on the steam marketplace but worth over 250 keys.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Convert it into keys ASAP. Don't accept paypal, don't accept "half up front, half after trade" and if anyone tries to alter the agreed upon deal, immediately unfriend them and move on.

TF2Outpost and backpack.tf would be where I'd start first by listing the item for sale and your asking price. It may take a few days to find a serious buyer, and expect to be added by a dozen scammers who will try to trick you somehow.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Oh I'm experienced with scammers. Played Eve for a while so I'm used to every trick. Just gently caress this thing is worth over 200 keys. I don't even have space for that many keys

ChaseSP fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Nov 29, 2017

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

ChaseSP posted:

Oh I'm experienced with scammers. Played Eve for a while so I'm used to every trick. Just gently caress this thing is worth over 200 keys. I don't even have space for that many keys

Backpack expanders are a thing.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

I'm aware it's just how mind blowing this is to me with this happening.

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

My hands are all messed up so you better post, brother.
Sell the pyro taunt ASAP while people are actually playing pyro

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Started the game and got a little message telling me that a person I reported got banned.

1. :)

2. Is that a new thing, or is this the first time anyone I reported in my years of playing TF2 got banned?

Do you think the game balance would be wrecked if every class got to use 2 secondary weapons (in addition to the primary and melee, with the medic using two "primary" weapons and 1 medigun)? I think it would be interesting.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Xander77 posted:

Do you think the game balance would be wrecked if every class got to use 2 secondary weapons (in addition to the primary and melee, with the medic using two "primary" weapons and 1 medigun)? I think it would be interesting.

Balance would become utterly, utterly, utterly destroyed. Imagine if you will, a heavy with sandvich + dalokahs. Or Sandvich + banana. Picture a soldier with the gunboats + a shotgun. Or gunboats + a banner. Or two banners. There'll be charging, sticky dropping demomen. Engineers with the wrangler and the short circuit together. It would be madness.

Now allowing you to equip a secondary in PLACE of your primary, that might be interesting. I wanna go pistoleer scout, but his low amount of ammo for it sucks. Having two would make that a lot better.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I want twin guillotine scout :getin:

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

two guillotines and the cardboard tube

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Slime posted:

Imagine if you will, a heavy with sandvich + dalokahs. Or Sandvich + banana. Picture a soldier with the gunboats + a shotgun. Or gunboats + a banner. Or two banners. There'll be charging, sticky dropping demomen. Engineers with the wrangler and the short circuit together. It would be madness.
I'm imagining most of those. And it doesn't strike me as horrifying. What do you think the effect of two healing items would be?

It does make sense to either restrict soldiers to one banner, or make them only charge one at a time. Really, targe + stickies is the only one that strikes me as particularly broken.