Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Its the classic cold war problem of having to be buddies with unsavory people so that they dont become buddies with even worse people.

Saudi defense spending going to Britain is much much better than Saudi defense spending going to Russia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Helsing posted:

Inside information which appropriately turned out to be completely wrong:

Wait, they were shocked the incumbent PM was seen as establishment when running against a guy who had been on the fringes for his entire career up to 2015?

That's impressive stupidity.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

hakimashou posted:

Its the classic cold war problem of having to be buddies with unsavory people so that they dont become buddies with even worse people.

Saudi defense spending going to Britain is much much better than Saudi defense spending going to Russia.

The Cold War ended two decades ago.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Helsing posted:

Inside information which appropriately turned out to be completely wrong:

btw if people haven't they should watch "labour - the summer that changed everything" on iplayer it's loving hilarious

there's a brilliant moment where stephen kinnock's son sees the exit poll and has about 10 conflicting opinions on his face all at once

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

Whorelord posted:

btw if people haven't they should watch "labour - the summer that changed everything" on iplayer it's loving hilarious

there's a brilliant moment where stephen kinnock's son sees the exit poll and has about 10 conflicting opinions on his face all at once

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Whorelord posted:

It's amazing how much savvier his wife is than him. Especially when she's best remembered for the time she took a selfie with Obama at that Mandela memorial after he died.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

"I'm not sure what Stephen's face is revealing here. Perhaps he's realising that the Corbyn free tomorrow he's been thinking about, might never actually come."

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

why wont Teresa May pay for her terror attack?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Helsing posted:

The communist empire was destroyed but europe still has a dangerous enemy to the east.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

hakimashou posted:

The communist empire was destroyed but europe still has a dangerous enemy to the east.

:agreed:

the us is a danger to a lot of continents

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Whorelord posted:

I get the distinct feeling that they shot all that footage with a different outcome in mind and had to do a lot of editing to reframe the narrative after the election.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

hakimashou posted:

come now, finland isn't that dangerous

true, finnish people are scary and weird, but they dare not leave their ice caves, because that's where they keep their half rotten fish

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:

The woman going all, "You know nothing, Jon Snow" is Kinnock's wife, a former Prime Minister for Denmark, after Stephen Kinnock just agreed to a bunch of interviews post-exit poll almost instantly.

UK politicians know loving nothing at all lmao.

School Nickname has issued a correction as of 05:04 on Nov 25, 2017

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

rudatron posted:

come now, finland isn't that dangerous

true, finnish people are scary and weird, but they dare not leave their ice caves, because that's where they keep their half rotten fish
While their origins lie in the ice caves of the Urals, modern Finns have adopted the bog as their new sanctuary.

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

School Nickname posted:

The woman going all, "You know nothing, Jon Snow" is Kinnock's wife, a former Prime Minister for Denmark, after Stephen Kinnock just agreed to a bunch of interviews post-exit poll almost instantly.

UK politicians know loving nothing at all lmao.

This is a pretty good article just ripping into Kinnock:

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/labour-documentary-general-election-jeremy-corbyn-stephen-kinnock-a8067606.html

The Independent" posted:

Stephen Kinnock is a kind of political Matt Dawson, absolutely unsure of anything at all beyond a dimly concealed hunch that he is probably quite a bit of a legend

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Whorelord posted:

"I'm not sure what Stephen's face is revealing here. Perhaps he's realising that the Corbyn free tomorrow he's been thinking about, might never actually come."

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
Just watched the documentary, this article sums it and its highlights up pretty well. Kind of amazing to me as a Dane to see our former prime minister portrayed as the shrewd political operator, since that's hardly the image she projected at home. Guess things weren't as rotten in the state of Denmark as they were on the Paedo Isles.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers
Best part is the end of the doc when, after an hour where we saw that Kinnock's version of campaigning is telling everyone who will listen that Labour are poo poo but he's brilliant and Momentum's version is sending activists to nearby constituencies where they can make an impact, regardless of how aligned they are with the local MP's politics, Kinnock turns around and tries to make out that he's some sort of invaluable intermediary between the party's factions.

"Momentum need me as much as I need Momentum" lol what a slimy shite

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

Is this from a children's book?

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Not everyone agreed with what Myra Hindley did, but

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Not everyone agreed with what Myra Hindley did, but

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxNyyZpP3GM&t=45s

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

"Maggie Thatcher the Milk Snatcher? Nope, never heard that..."

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Corbyn gets the Egg, Thatcher takes the Milk.

Both sides, folks.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

why would somebody write a childrens book arguing that women shouldn't be given power?

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

nopantsjack posted:

why would somebody write a childrens book arguing that women shouldn't be given power?

Hillary Clinton is the one true path and everyone should follow her example at all times.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

is that from the hillary book.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Helsing posted:

russian politicians are working overtime to make it a thing again though

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

namesake posted:

Hillary Clinton is the one true path and everyone should follow her example at all times.

the one true path definitely does not pass through the midwest so that checks out

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

russian politicians are working overtime to make it a thing again though

Fixed for ya.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

UrbicaMortis posted:

Come to Bristol if you visit the UK again, Squizzle. It's a very cool and welcoming city.

what should i do there??

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

please tag this as NSFW or at least pixellate the oval office

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

That looks like foreign lager rather than good honest warm English bitter. He should be hung drawn and quartered for this treason.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

StandardVC10 posted:

If they were casting a movie and the script called for A Giant Racist, the director would look at this and be like, "whoa, whoa, dial it back a bit."

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

dat ukip :allears:

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

how embarrassing must it have been to have lived in the one UKIP seat

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

tarbrush posted:

That looks like foreign lager rather than good honest warm English bitter. He should be hung drawn and quartered for this treason.

I mean they're even serving London Pride right there.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nebakenezzer posted:

ian bremmer tweet

Ian Bremmer is a colossal dumbass dweeb with monstorous views covered up by pathetic twee

https://twitter.com/cbcsteve/status/931986641337675780

https://twitter.com/ianbremmer/status/934461165748539399

https://twitter.com/ianbremmer/status/934466697746092037

https://twitter.com/ianbremmer/status/933414965293273088

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Puppet Regime? Puppet Regime?

The Muppet show, surely