Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Sriracha has flavour though so I can let that pass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

goose willis posted:

I shamefully admit to only enjoying sriracha and literally putting it on everything

Sriracha is good, don't feel bad.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Shut up about hot sauce, you nerds, and post bootlegs!

https://twitter.com/Bootleg_Stuff/status/933760370967285760
https://twitter.com/bego_wego/status/933766445879529473

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah I used to use Sriracha as a ketchup replacement. It’s pretty tasty as a go to general use sauce. I need to build my heat tolerance back up as my cupboard is full of sauces.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Sriracha is a fine general purpose sauce thing. I even had it on mozza sticks once, and it worked. Hot sauce wise, I don't bother with all the weird ones named "reaper" this or "rear end destroyer" that. Mostly I just stick to Valentina, or Valentina extra hot. It's cheap and good.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

I have one of these somewhere. I don't even play Yu-Gi-Oh.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

i honestly thought it said that it was "wino" type for a second :ohdear:

Xythe
Aug 4, 2010

Stop getting mad at video games. No stop insulting his mother what is wrong with you.
The evolutions are amazing. Mainly because this means that somebody realized that blaziken doesn't evolve from sandshrew, cared enough to fix it in a reprint, and that's it. And shelder evolving into gengar is something I'd buy if all I had to go on were those two pictures.

Smoke
Mar 12, 2005

I am NOT a red Bumblebee for god's sake!

Gun Saliva

EorayMel posted:

Did it involve ghost peppers, by any chance?

Or perhaps, one of these peppers?

It's too bad that stash doesn't include Dr Foots which is one of the best Dr Pepper clones there is(as it's produced by the company that used to bottle Dr Pepper in The Netherlands, once they lost the right they instantly made their own knockoff) It still uses sugar as a sweetener too.

The manufacturer's page about it is quite entertaining too.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Is Dr Becker endorsed by Ted Danson?

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

EorayMel posted:

Did it involve ghost peppers, by any chance?

Or perhaps, one of these peppers?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
https://www.originalprongles.com/

yeeeeeep

I absolutely adore the stupid bullshit max temkin/the cards against humanity people do with their millions and millions of dollars

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Captain Invictus posted:

yeeeeeep

I absolutely adore the stupid bullshit max temkin/the cards against humanity people do with their millions and millions of dollars

They sure do like to use Black Friday as the day to go "Hey! Look at us! We sure do exist!"

Fingers crossed that Trump's wall never sees the light of day because I'm not sure I'm down with my tax dollars paying for a wall and all the legal fees as the Trump Administration tries to eminent domain the land they bought.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I mean, outside of them being a household name in a lot of college campuses and lots of folks up through late 20's/early 30s, yeah, nobody remembers they exist

Like every party I've been to in the last three years has had at least one or more games going throughout. They're a lot bigger than you might realize.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Captain Invictus posted:

I mean, outside of them being a household name in a lot of college campuses and lots of folks up through late 20's/early 30s, yeah, nobody remembers they exist

Like every party I've been to in the last three years has had at least one or more games going throughout. They're a lot bigger than you might realize.

I wasn't saying people don't know who they are. But how else do you categorize raising the price on black Friday, selling a literal box of poo poo, selling literally nothing, and digging a hole? Sounds to me like they're just doing things to say "Hey we exist!"

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Len posted:

I wasn't saying people don't know who they are. But how else do you categorize raising the price on black Friday, selling a literal box of poo poo, selling literally nothing, and digging a hole? Sounds to me like they're just doing things to say "Hey we exist!"

Same reason any company advertises in any form? Why does McDonalds have ads when everyone knows they exist? Because they've found sales drop if they don't constantly remind you

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Len posted:

Those are way more interesting ways of advertising than most.

Also I made $300 off the Bullshit boxes. At one point they were selling for 30ish bucks a pop.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Grassy Knowles posted:

Same reason any company advertises in any form? Why does McDonalds have ads when everyone knows they exist? Because they've found sales drop if they don't constantly remind you

That's true. Maybe I'm alone in thinking the game is bad and the advertisements aren't really funny in any way.

And I'm curious why did you buy so many boxes of literal poo poo and why were people willing to pay extra for a box of literal poo poo?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Captain Invictus posted:

Those are way more interesting ways of advertising than most.

Also I made $300 off the Bullshit boxes. At one point they were selling for 30ish bucks a pop.

I still absolutely love that there were people who were complaining loudly that the Box of Bullshit had actual, bona fide poo poo from a bull in it.

Wasn't this originally done as part of a Black Friday protest by the makers? Same with the price markup they do on just Black Friday? I tough that was how it started, and then they realized what a PR coup it was and just kept doing the weird things for Black Friday.

Proteus Jones has a new favorite as of 21:11 on Nov 24, 2017

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Len posted:

That's true. Maybe I'm alone in thinking the game is bad and the advertisements aren't really funny in any way.

And I'm curious why did you buy so many boxes of literal poo poo and why were people willing to pay extra for a box of literal poo poo?

Scat fetishes, I suppose.

Makes me wonder of caganers count for thread material: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caganer

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Len posted:

I don't like the game, but the advertisements are a pretty good exemplar of late stage capitalism, which is a laughing into the void type of funny.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Grassy Knowles posted:

I don't like the game, but the advertisements are a pretty good exemplar of late stage capitalism, which is a laughing into the void type of funny.

The OK Soda of party games.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Although CAH has inspired a shitload of knockoffs thanks to the "no retail" policy they used to have. Which is pretty fitting for this thread. I still don't get how it's caught on since it's just non sequiturs that would get someone ostracized from a group any other time. But if it's on a card it becomes completely cool to respond to "things I think about during sex ________" with "date rape" (admittedly the date rape card is gone in editions) but it was funny to the devs at one time which :stare:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
These forums used to be cool with the F and N slurs, things change over time.

Anyways. Bootlegs, am I right guys?

He doesn't look very happy to me

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Captain Invictus posted:

yeeeeeep

Oh god this is amazing.

• I’ve popped. Now what?
    That’s great!

• What type of onions do you use for the Onions & Cream flavor?
    Regular onions.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Magic Babies sure are something.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Captain Invictus posted:

These forums used to be cool with the F and N slurs, things change over time.

Anyways. Bootlegs, am I right guys?

He doesn't look very happy to me

I thought that was a wicked 'stache

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Len posted:

Although CAH has inspired a shitload of knockoffs thanks to the "no retail" policy they used to have.

I played one called Cards Against Librarianship at a staff holiday party and the cards were either doing something ironic or inappropriate in a stereotypical library environment or drinking oneself to death. Kinda like an R-rated Unshelved.

I dunno. I had more fun playing library-themed Never Have I Ever at a library conference.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
Man, I want to party with librarians.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
CAH is by nature not copyrighted, and they're very open about welcoming unofficial expansion packs etc. That was part of the initial draw. Crabs Adjust Humidity is just as legit as Cards Against Humanity.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Yeah the rules of a game cannot be protected anyway so as long as you change the art you're good. It's why you can find websites dedicated to just hosting plain text versions of the rules to DnD and other similar RPG's.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

My deck includes both Fat Baby and Naughty Ball, prepare to get hosed up

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

bad posts ahead!!! posted:

Man, I want to party with librarians.
Sometimes we stay up until midnight.

Man the Reader's Digest one is lame cause everybody in this business knows those are going straight in the bin as soon as the donor turns their back.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

My Lovely Horse posted:

Sometimes we stay up until midnight.

Man the Reader's Digest one is lame cause everybody in this business knows those are going straight in the bin.

Yeah but books are heavy and that's a shitload of readers digest to carry to the recycle dumpster.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

goose willis posted:

I shamefully admit to only enjoying sriracha and literally putting it on everything

I tried putting it in my morning porridge just out of curiosity. I went back to just cinnamon right quick.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

Yeah but books are heavy and that's a shitload of readers digest to carry to the recycle dumpster.
God gave us interns for a reason.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Captain Invictus posted:

The answer is obvious: book safes.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
https://twitter.com/Bootleg_Stuff/status/935029955804753921

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Technically not a bootleg, since this is an actual ad for an actual product, but I do love the way that the Mario Bros. were depicted before Nintendo sort of reined everyone in and got them on-model:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Pastry of the Year posted:

Technically not a bootleg, since this is an actual ad for an actual product, but I do love the way that the Mario Bros. were depicted before Nintendo sort of reined everyone in and got them on-model:

Holy gently caress, I remember playing that when it came out. My parents were too cheap to buy it for me, I had to bug the kid next door to let me play his.